Code of Conduct

Default Carolina Herrera Chic vs 212 vs l'eau d' issey

1. Carolina Herrera Chic
    2. Carolina Herrera 212
    3. L'eau D'Issey
    4. L'EAU PAR KENZO POUR HOMME

Put them in your favorite order!

Also, what would be deemed as the most "fresh"?

Does the Issey smell similar to the kenzo?

Default Re: Carolina Herrera Chic vs 212 vs l'eau d' issey

1. Chic
    2. Issey
    3. 212

most fresh: the Issey.

thanks! I remember I really liked issey, but I have yet to try the carolina herrera line

1. L'eau D'Issey - used to hate it, but now I see it as a great classic
    2. CH Chic for men - spicy fresh that shows its face in summer (evening) and winter both, very seductive and for clubbing
    3. 212 for men - cold, fresh, urban but in many ways the scent reminds me of Chic for men, albeit 212 is an older fragrance

In my opinion, one of the most fresh frags would be Versace Pour Homme or Davidoff Cool Water, mayhaps even Bvlgari Aqua wich is also very spicy-sharp fresh. But that is all very subjective and individual as each person will have its own impression and opinion about freshness.

L'EAU PAR KENZO POUR HOMME
    L'eau D'Issey

Sound Scents

1.L'eau par Kenzo I own this and find it similar to bathroom cleaner spray... Not good, IMO.
    2. 212 Men I own this one too, and find it to be an annoying metallic-like artificial citrus... Also not good, IMO. Notable here is the bottle has one of the best sprayers I have ever used (if not the best)... too bad the scent falls way short.
    Absolute bottom)L'eau d'Issey pour Homme One of the worst, and most annoying scents I have smelled to date -- floral, citrus or otherwise. Notable superb longevity, with a drydown that is *almost* tolerable. I recommend avoiding this one like the plague.

I agree with Zgb that Cool Water would be a better option for an inexpensive designer fresh scent than any of the 3 above (I have not smelled CH Chic for Men for full disclosure, however). Another cheapy, but goodie in the L'eau d'Issey citrus/floral vein is Bellagio for Men by Parlux.

More expensive fresh scent options that are still about $100 are Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain (an incredible citrus Eau de Cologne that is completely inoffensive and pleasant smelling with average to above average longevity) and Acqua di Parma Colonia... Brilliant citrus scent with a rose heart that while being nearly a hundred years old is still quite relevant today. Its only fault, IMO is its longevity is a bit lacking.

Oh, and to answer your question about which one is most "fresh" on your list... I would probably say 212 of the three I have smelled. As for L'eau par Kenzo smelling similar to L'eau d'Issey... Not in the least to my nose... That would definitely be Bellagio.
    Last edited by drseid; 26th January 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typos
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    1.L'eau par Kenzo I own this and find it similar to bathroom cleaner spray... Not good, IMO.
    2. 212 Men I own this one too, and find it to be an annoying metallic-like artificial citrus... Also not good, IMO. Notable here is the bottle has one of the best sprayers I have ever used (if not the best)... too bad the scent falls way short.
    Absolute bottom)L'eau d'Issey pour Homme One of the worst, and most annoying scents I have smelled to date -- floral, citrus or otherwise. Notable superb longevity, with a drydown that is *almost* tolerable. I recommend avoiding this one like the plague.

I agree with Zgb that Cool Water would be a better option for an inexpensive designer fresh scent than any of the 3 above (I have not smelled CH Chic for Men for full disclosure, however). Another cheapy, but goodie in the L'eau d'Issey citrus/floral vein is Bellagio for Men by Parlux.

More expensive fresh scent options that are still about $100 are Cologne du Parfumeur by Guerlain (and incredible citrus Eau de Cologne that is completely inoffensive and pleasant smelling with average to above average longevity) and Acqua di Parma Colonia... Brilliant citrus scent with a rose heart that while being nearly a hundred years old is still quite relevant today. Its only fault, IMO is its longevity is a bit lacking.

Oh, and to answer your question about which one is most "fresh" on your list... I would probably say 212 of the three I have smelled. As for L'eau par Kenzo smelling similar to L'eau d'Issey... Not in the least to my nose... That would definitely be Bellagio.
    hey drseid, what would you say the projection and longevity would be in the summer, winter, and fall for bellagio for men?

Sound Scents

While Bellagio is no sillage monster like something like Bogart pour Homme, for example (or even L'eau d'Issey, for that matter), it has very good projection in the spring, summer and fall in my experience. I confess I have never tried wearing it outside the house during winter (not to say it *couldn't* be worn in winter, but I guess the mood has never taken me). Winter where I live means sub 32 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures most days for reference, so my guess is in that kind of environment the projection may suffer some.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    1. L'eau D'Issey - used to hate it, but now I see it as a great classic
    2. CH Chic for men - spicy fresh that shows its face in summer (evening) and winter both, very seductive and for clubbing
    3. 212 for men - cold, fresh, urban but in many ways the scent reminds me of Chic for men, albeit 212 is an older fragrance

In my opinion, one of the most fresh frags would be Versace Pour Homme or Davidoff Cool Water, mayhaps even Bvlgari Aqua wich is also very spicy-sharp fresh. But that is all very subjective and individual as each person will have its own impression and opinion about freshness.
    Hey Zgb, I saw you had another thread about CH Chic and you compared it to l'instant de guerlain. I'm wondering which one you think is better, and whether or not if both are worth owning?

Issey
    Kenzo
    I have not given Chic a fair trial

Cool Re: Carolina Herrera Chic vs 212 vs l'eau d' issey

1. 212
    2. Issey
    3. Chic
    4. L'eau Par Kenzo

Chic is the less fresh of them, it reminds me of 212 a little, tough Chic is really spicy and oriental...it's hard to wear that where I live(it's very hot here).

Issey is a really good one, with a dry-green feeling, almost like a dry thicket...the only downside of Issey for me is that it's not sweet, and I like fragrances with a sweet base.

Besides, I think 212 is a masterpiece and my favorite fragrance of all times.

1. L'eau D'Issey
    2. L'Eau par Kenzo
    The other two are rather bland and too mainstream fragrances for me.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    Hey Zgb, I saw you had another thread about CH Chic and you compared it to l'instant de guerlain. I'm wondering which one you think is better, and whether or not if both are worth owning?
    if I compared it to L'Instant de Guerlain then it must have been from the period when I knew jack s**it about frags and couldn't pinpoint even the most obvious differences between fragrances. I'd recommend L'Instant de Guerlain as it is a high class fragrance.