Code of Conduct

Unhappy Kouros, Oud 27, Absolue Pour Le Soir... where are you...

Kouros, Oud 27, Absolue Pour Le Soir - I could really use you guys right now...

I don't have enough skunk in my wardrobe. Sometimes it can be really useful.

Do any of you have occasions where you actually want to smell challenging/offensive to other people? What other frags fall in this list?

p.s. I'm not saying these are bad fragrances, in fact far from it. Just saying these are widely considered pretty challenging.

Default Re: Kouros, Oud 27, Absolue Pour Le Soir... where are you...

Can't say I have ever wanted to offend people that way!

I haven't tried oud 27 yet, but kouros and absolue pour le soir can't be offensive to other people, surely!

For your solution, a half and half of musk ghazelle and a barnyard indian oud would be perfect.

Harrods Swarovski Ltd edition.

M/Mink

Monk by Storer (or Djin, which is a fairly challenging fresh scent - very unique!)

Vintage Route du Vetiver
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I know what you mean. I don't want to offend people with fragrance but sometimes I want something that smells intense. Kouros is a pretty good bet. So's Quorum, but it can smell kinda cheap. For niche, maybe MPG Parfum d'Habit or Amouage Epic Man. Or even Gold Man for that matter; it could blow people away just by being so over the top.

I think anything in an older style or just plain loud could get the results you're looking for.

They're more challenging for the wearer than the people around them IMO unless over-applied, but all fragrances can be offensive when over-applied.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    I know what you mean. I don't want to offend people with fragrance but sometimes I want something that smells intense.
    I feel like this sometimes, but in this case I actually want to turn someone off. I guess I could just overdo it, but then I'd have to suffer too...

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I feel like this sometimes, but in this case I actually want to turn someone off. I guess I could just overdo it, but then I'd have to suffer too...
    This is interesting. Do you want to share more details? I think the fragrances you listed are all more likely to turn you off, if you don't like them, than the other person. Something really loud and obnoxious like Joop, Fleur du Male, or A*men might work. If you can't think of anything loud and divisive in your wardrobe that you personally like, then you can always stage an all out attack with this: http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Assets-.../dp/B000OCEWGW

well, in that case I'd suggest you to go to your nearest sephora or what-have-you and pick a fragrance you probably won't ever use. spray ungodly amounts on.

it's better than growing a dislike to one of your fragrances just to piss someone off.

Salvador Dali PH is a total turn-off to me. Someone's pestering you? That's gonna keep him/her away :-)
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Banned

Oud 27 is putrid, and the others you mentioned carry some outlandish body odor/secretions for heightened contrast ... if that is what you are looking for, try UNTITLED No. 8 by Brent Leonesio, where floral sweetness is juxtaposed with barnyard shit ...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Harrods Swarovski Ltd edition.

M/Mink

Monk by Storer (or Djin, which is a fairly challenging fresh scent - very unique!)
    Good recommendations these. Though I would say the Bond no 9 one is only a bit of a rough scent if you free base it IMO. The sillage is almost musky, and quite warm and clean smelling to me.

If you want something in your face and sharp, you might want to look into Mazzolari Lui if you haven't gotten the chance yet. Also check out the offerings from Vero Profumo, especially onda, which is a bit of a challenging piece, although I've only tried the EdP and not the extrait, so I'm not sure of if it wears significantly differently.

Some consider Lonestar Memories to be a bit crewd, loud, and challenging, but I don't think it's all that bad, and worth checking out.

Also if you want to try a bit of a dirty amber you might get a kick out of Farmacia SS. Annunziata Ambra Nera.

These are all pretty good ones from the "Screw you!" category of scents, as I've heard it described by a reviewer once.

Then again you could always go for strait civet, castoreum, or hyrax if you want something really beastly smelling.

Male fragrance are a very great here. Keep it up.!

Personally I don't find any of them to be particularly offensive but I guess I get what you mean when you say "challenging"...You already had some great suggestions (expecially Onda, the Mazzolari, M/Mink and Parfum D'Habit) but I'll add a few...

Bal A Versailles EDC (the skankiest of them all)
    Leather Oud (a-m-a-z-i-n-g)
    LAFRO by O'Drił (strong spices and musk)
    Amouage Gold (humongous animalic floral)
    Guerrilla 1 (raw meat and overripe champaca)
    Eau D'Hermes the vintage (OMG)
    Oud Cuir D'Arabie (the opening is breathtaking)
    Lisa Kirk Revolution (botloads of civet and tar)
    Eau Des Iles (Tear gas and subtle white florals. Resinous, astringent...quite challenging)

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here