Code of Conduct

Default Stored my sweaters in a chest with mothballs; I open the chest and they smell like Creed Windsor

I open my storage chest for the winter weather, and all my sweaters smell like Creed Windsor. Someone played a very expensive practical joke on me.

But really, what the hell Creed. Mothballs? This stuff smells EXACTLY like the lingering odor left by mothballs after they evaporate. Take one of your mothballed suits and wear it, and people will think you doused yourself with Windsor. Windsor = mothballs without that stinging/nose burning element.

Default Re: Stored my sweaters in a chest with mothballs; I open the chest and they smell like Creed Windsor

After reading this I had to find my bottle and apply to my skin to see. Didn't get any mothball smell at all. Maybe it's my nose.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stored my sweaters in a chest with mothballs; I open the chest and they smell like Creed Windsor

I thought of that too at first (I read a review before trying) and i wrestled with the associative image briefly because of that review. The opening really, specifically. But really, it smells like its listed top notes when you think about it, like the gin and lime and pine (If you don't think so, I hope I don't sound patronizing to you, I don't mean to we all have different senses of smell). Smells exactly like the listed top notes. And I guess you could say Gin vaguely smells like a mothball kinda, if you think of a gin stain on clothing or something. So i think it's the gin with the young rose. I got past it quickly enough. Now I actually like the opening a hell of a lot and I smell all of the listed top notes. And the drydown smells amazing, you don't think so? Smells like pine, eucalyptus and young roses to me, albeit not the conventional rose people think of when you say rose but a very different strain. The rose especially squashes all mothball connections. young, kinda green, not quite mature roses. I'm not just saying this because I bought a flacon (although I did, with the quickness like you wouldn't believe) or because I am a Creed fanboy (I'm not a fanboy of Creed I only like five) but Windsor is my favorite thing going right now in my collection, And i initially had the same association briefly. I've gotten compliments from a couple of girls at school (where I am a TA) and once from a woman at the museum too. They didn't mention moth balls! This is Creed at its finest: I was all but ready to write off hope for great new Creeds, and then this!
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 28th January 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Blog Entries

For a second also I thought, "royal water version 2.0" the first two minutes my first wear. That association bothered me far more because I really hate royal water. Turns out my memory was very inaccurate. I was wrong of course. If you blind bought some and need to sell yours sell it to me!! I want dibs on it. I'm gonna stockpile.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 28th January 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Sorry you dont like it, it is a beautiful fragrance.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Banned

One of the most beautiful, rose-based fragrances indeed !!!

To the OP, where specifically did you acquire your Windsor ?

I've been thinking about my draft of a review for Windsor, so perhaps this thread would be a good place to get some feedback on it. Here it is:

From what I understand (I have a secret "inside source"), the House of Creed is being far too modest here. Actually, Edward the Confessor was the first member of England's royalty to wear Windsor. Things became chaotic during the Norman conquest, but William came upon this incredible scent during the turmoil and believed that it must be worn only by those of royal blood. Thereafter, various "DaVinci Code"-like machinations kept this olfactory gem hidden for centuries, with various knightly orders and secret societies shielding it from all but a few truly blessed individuals. Thankfully, it was rediscovered in the twentieth century, and now in the twenty-first, you too can bathe in this veritable nectar of the gods for a mere $640 per 250 ml flacon. Sounds like a bargain to me !

Blog Entries

Bigsly is your review an endorsement or no? Thumbs up then?

Well, I wanted to debut it on April first, so that should give you some idea (seriously, I've never tried it).

...I'm not surprised...!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I open my storage chest for the winter weather, and all my sweaters smell like Creed Windsor. Someone played a very expensive practical joke on me.

But really, what the hell Creed. Mothballs? This stuff smells EXACTLY like the lingering odor left by mothballs after they evaporate. Take one of your mothballed suits and wear it, and people will think you doused yourself with Windsor. Windsor = mothballs without that stinging/nose burning element.

you are not going to get very far bashing Windsor on this site. one of the most universally beloved frags around right now.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Sorry you dont like it, it is a beautiful fragrance.
    Yet, you're not splitting it. Even though you're splitting a ton of other Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    you are not going to get very far bashing Windsor on this site. one of the most universally beloved frags around right now.
    ...only by those who like mothballs...!