Code of Conduct

Default Is there a perfume for women that smells like hyacinths or sweet peas?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced perfume that smells like fresh Hyacinths or Sweet Peas!

I can pay up to like £40 :l

Any suggestions? xxxxx

Default Re: Is there a perfume for women that smells like hyacinths or sweet peas?

Chanel Cristalle EdT is a fresh scent with prominent hyacinth. I haven't smelled the EdP so can't comment on that, but it is listed as a note.

Default Re: Is there a perfume for women that smells like hyacinths or sweet peas?

Creed Selection Verte has a nice sweet pea note.

Paco Rabanne Metal is hyacinth rich, very fresh and green; it's not that easy to find, but it should be relatively cheap when found, though I'm not sure exactly below 40.

cacio

Blog Entries

Welcome to Basenotes!

Antonia's Flowers Floret is based on sweet pea. I have not smelled fresh sweet peas in many years so can't comment on whether it is realistic.

I used to love the hyacinth note in Laura Ashley No. 1. There is now talk of reintroducing the scent-- if they do, give it a try!

The topic of hyacinth fragrances has come up several times in recent years on Fragrantica. Here is one of the threads from 2011:
    http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=26242

My wife says Silences by Jacomo has a prominent hyacinth note.

Banned

Gucci Envy - soft, slightly sweet, green scent ...

I find hyacinths in these, but none on the dry down:

Givenchy III by Givenchy

kate SUMMER TIME by Kate Moss

B. United Jeans Woman by benetton

Y by YSL

Sweet Pea would be this one here:

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/fami...goryId=4342151

Thanks everyone!

I've heard great things about the Bath And Body Works perfume but unfortunately we don't have that shop in England and the website says "At this time, we are not shipping our products outside of the United States and Canada"

I can't seem to find the Kate Moss perfume over here either!

And my budget has gone down to £25 :S

Sorry, I should've searched before posting! xxx

Yardley did a Hyacinth scent, in their Heritage Collection. I can't locate any on sale on-line at present, however, so you might need to investigate in little local chemist shops in case they have some stashed away.

These are two of my favorite flower scents as well! If you are looking for realistic scents, I believe these are both somewhat difficult to come by in perfume, especially the sweet pea. If it makes you feel any better, I *really* don't think you are missing out on too much re. the BBW items. I smelled their "Sweet Pea" perfume years ago, and all I remember is that it was decidedly NOT sweet pea. lol... If soliflores are of interest and you don't care about complexity, one very affordable option may be skin safe fragrance oils. Some may smell too much like a cheap "candle version," but I recall finding a halfway decent hyacinth years ago for soapmaking, and that may be something to play with.

Also, I am actually wearing Aqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea today, and while I certainly would not call it a sweet pea scent, it has orange blossom and honey notes which are also both commonly associated with sweet pea, especially the smaller, exquisitely fragrant heirloom varieties. It may be worth a sniff!

Hope this is of some help! Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Paco Rabanne Metal is hyacinth rich, very fresh and green; it's not that easy to find, but it should be relatively cheap when found, though I'm not sure exactly below 40.

cacio
    I wasn't sure exactly what hyacinths smelled like. I had an idea from Bas de Soie but it was confirmed by Cacio's generous sample of Metal by Pacco Rabanne.

So these two.

for swap/sale:

Uncanny coincidence but I notice that Royal Apothic has a Hyacinth rollerball perfume oil fragrance on sale today at Anthropologie's EU website for £7.95 for 10ml, reduced from £14.00. I've cut-and-pasted the link (hope that's ok!) below.

http://www.anthropologie.eu/en/uk/fr...ull,beautysale

I bought the equivalent in Macaroon and it's lovely stuff. I cannot say that this Hyacinth will be exactly what you're after (not having tried it); it is described on the site as "a clean white floral". Anyway, it's another avenue to pursue and fits your budget nicely, especially if you're in reach of one of their shops and can save on p+p.