Code of Conduct

Default Help me with my Arsenal

I recently got into Frag's and have built up a nice little collection that I think should tide me over year-round and in multiple situations. I would like your opinions on when and for what occasions I should wear my different frag's.

Info: 24 yo Male. Work in a factory if that makes any difference. What do you think for an Every Day or Signature Scent? And which would you spray on clothes or not? I find that London lasts way longer when I spray most on my clothes.

Cologne - Season - Occasion - Application

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Geir Ness
    YSL L'Homme Libre
    Polo Blue
    Realm
    Antonio Bandaras Seduction in Black
    Aqua Di Gio
    Burberry London

Default Re: Help me with my Arsenal

I think Fahrenheit would be suitable for a everyday scent especially if you work in a factory. I spray Burberry London on my clothes as well as it extends its longevity.

I usually but not always use incense frags for winter and aquatic for summer. I think you’ll end up like most people on here and end up wearing whatever you feel like for that day and forgetting about signature scents.

Any of the ones below for an everyday fragrance IMO:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Dior Fahrenheit
    YSL L'Homme Libre
    Aqua Di Gio
    Burberry London

Anyone think there are some here that need to go? Replace them with something better maybe? I know the SIB and Realm are kinda cheap - ive had em for a while now and dont wear em much. SIB isn't all that bad and Realm is wierd. Its like it smells so bad and strange that I want to keep smelling it. Very odd, longevity is pretty poor though.

Thoughts?

Out of the ones you have GIT is the way to go!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Get something cheap but great for work. Azzaro or Rive Gauche pour Homme. They really come alive when you sweat.

All from your list could be worn to a factory. What you're missing is the scent for when you're not at the factory

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    All from your list could be worn to a factory. What you're missing is the scent for when you're not at the factory
    Your thinkin' something more situation specific? More out on the edge maybe?

How about something like A* Men or Tabacco Vanille, PR - 1 million

Out of those I've only tried 1 million and I did like it. But haven't tried the others. What are your thoughts?

^Trust me 1million is the worst of the 3, but you get the idea. You're missing that special cologne that you wouldnt wear everyday to work.

TV is fabulous btw, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

lol ok? So how about some starting points then? You see the kind of stuff I like. Do you have any recommendations based on my current selection?

Any of your scents will do for daily.

The other 3 you mentioned for evening...Tobacco Vanille, easy.

Where do you live mike?
    If you liked 1 million, try CK Shock and YSL LaNuit de LHomme, YSL Opium pour Homme. Good spicy, sweet, sexy frags. Good for going out according to most. Work your way up to Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir.
    If you like the ones you have I dont think you need to get rid of them, most of them are very versatile. I would get rid of YSL Libre, but thats only because i think it smells awful.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I would get rid of YSL Libre, but thats only because i think it smells awful.
    I've been getting that vibe lately. It feels very synthetic and off-putting before the drydown. But it does last a long time pretty strong...I think I might swap it or something I dont know.

I cant find anyone that has Tabacco Vanille right now, all out of stock. How much can I expect to pay for around 3oz??

PS. Living up in the NorthEast

A 3.4oz of tobacco vanille is $260, 1.7oz is $190. If you have a Neimans or Saks in your area you can try it there. Some SA will even give you a 4ml sample.

I have to agree about Libre, nothing great. There are better scents out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mike59271 View Post
    lol ok? So how about some starting points then? You see the kind of stuff I like. Do you have any recommendations based on my current selection?
    Not based on your wardrobe but here are some ideas...

Aventus
    DHI/DH
    L'Instant/LIDGE
    Ambre Sultan
    Ambre Russe
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather
    Insence Oud
    Terre D'Hermes
    Straight to Heaven
    C&S Cuba
    L'Homme Sage
    Memoir Man
    L'air du Desert Marocain
    PdN New York
    AdP Colonia

I don't know Realm or L'Homme Libre.

Anyhow others have suggested some good ambery/spicy orientals for going out.

Just looking at your list, you have some pretty classy/good quality scents, many of which I'd be tempted to save for more special type occasions.

I'd wait for sales of good quality/previously expensive scents now going cheap, and pick up a few more fresh ones for work - e.g. Azzaro Chrome, Lanvin L'Homme, Cool Water, Polo Sport, Diesel Plus Plus, Tommy T type scents - whatever is going inexpensively in your area . Just don't ever get a signature scent - you will eventually suffer from olfactory fatigue where you need bigger and bigger doses to smell the same effect, while others will wonder why you are overspraying. To avoid this, you should rotate scents every couple of days.
    Regards,
    Renato