Code of Conduct

Default Dreamy fragrances?

I'm looking for a dreamy, everyday fragrance. By dreamy i mean, warm, slightly sweet, slightly spicy, creamy, maybe a bit mysterious. Unisex is no problem. I've tried Versace the Dreamer, but was kind of overwhelmed by everything that was going on. I'm looking for something less complex. Any ideas?

Default Re: Dreamy fragrances?

I feel that 34 Boulevard Saint Germain reflects the sensation you seek.

Another, albeit hard to find, perfume with the same dreamy effects is Purple Patchouli.

for swap/sale:

MM maybe Eau Lente after the incial spicy blast.
    1725 Casanova might be good too...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might give some of the Carons a try. I love En Avion, Parfum Sacre and Tabac Blond. I find them creamy and dreamy.

Maybe give Jubilation XXV a try.

Remotely similar to the Dreamer, although much more natural and dreamy (imo), is Bluff by Lubin.

Another that is warm, sweet, kind of creamy and a bit mysterious is Honour Man by Amouage.

For easier and cheaper to find scents, look at The One Gentleman, Antidote, Prada Amber Intense, Jaipur.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Voyage d'Hermes.

Since Caron was mentioned, obviously Caron pour un Homme

Armani Code
    YSL L'Homme
    Givenchy Pi

^test those out first
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Thank you all for the recommendations! I hope I'll be able to test them all out soon, though a number of them sound pretty hard to find.

Hedonist22, i'm just looking at the notes in 34 Boulevard Saint Germain. Sounds very, very interesting!!
    Dean44, YSL L'homme happens to be my everyday fragrance I'll give pi and code a try, though I seem to remember pi as being a bit too sweet.

wow, very eager to test out the caron's too. Great recommendations, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by JJNo88 View Post
    Thank you all for the recommendations! I hope I'll be able to test them all out soon, though a number of them sound pretty hard to find.

Hedonist22, i'm just looking at the notes in 34 Boulevard Saint Germain. Sounds very, very interesting!!
    Dean44, YSL L'homme happens to be my everyday fragrance I'll give pi and code a try, though I seem to remember pi as being a bit too sweet.
    I have nothing but praise for 34 Blvd St Germain. A plethora of notes blended in harmony to yield a long lasting, massively projecting fragrance. It renders a 3D sensation to me. I have designated this as my travel perfume. I smell new accords in every wearing.

for swap/sale:

Midnight in Paris EDP

Quote Originally Posted by JJNo88 View Post

Nice! L'Homme is one of my favorites. Also try Givenchy Play Intense if you never have. Chanel Allure Homme is also very creamy and sweet.

Good luck

edit:

Armani Code
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Givenchy Pi
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Dolce & Gabbana The One
    Last edited by Dean44; 27th January 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Current top 3:
    1) Gucci Pour Homme II
    2) Givenchy Play Intense
    3) Dolce & Gabbana The One

Dependent

Hm, "dreamy" is a bit subjective. But I found Annick Goutal's Les Nuits d'Hadrien has a special subdued dreaminess to it.

Tom Ford Violet Blonde satisfies all your criteria, IMO. It's a bit sweet, creamy, a little bit spicy, and mysterious. Violet, to me at least, is a distant, somewhat melancholy note in general, and I think it's very much that way in Violet Blonde. That's what gives it a bit of mystery.

I think Midnight in Paris edp is also a good suggestion.

I was really surprised at 34 Boulevard Saint Germain and Purple Patchouli. Both of those are favorites of mine, but I'd never seen them in that light before. Next time I wear them, I'll pay close attention to see if I get that dreaminess.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    Tom Ford Violet Blonde satisfies all your criteria, IMO. It's a bit sweet, creamy, a little bit spicy, and mysterious. Violet, to me at least, is a distant, somewhat melancholy note in general, and I think it's very much that way in Violet Blonde. That's what gives it a bit of mystery.

I think Midnight in Paris edp is also a good suggestion.

I was really surprised at 34 Boulevard Saint Germain and Purple Patchouli. Both of those are favorites of mine, but I'd never seen them in that light before. Next time I wear them, I'll pay close attention to see if I get that dreaminess.
    Yes Violet Blonde is as you describe. It was my SotD.

PP and 34 BStG are just divine.

for swap/sale:

I don't know why but 8 88 immediately comes to mind when I read your description.

Not sure exactly what you have in mind by "dreamy," but L'Occitane's Vetyver sometimes gets me in a nostalgic, almost dreamlike state of mind.

Christian Dior - Dior Homme
    Serge Lutens - Chergui

Banned

Cologne pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Upon application, one is treated to a deliciously seductive, red rose with fruity glimmers and a cabernet-like facet. A sweet and warm benzoin dusts the lovely rose with its vanillic highlight, and in so doing, provokes a keen powderiness. Barely transitioning, a delightful honey intermingles with the enchanting blend and imparts its enticing sweetness, while what I assume are aldehydes apparently color the melange with a smoky wax. Amazingly, the finale brings forth a mysterious and spicy incense interplaying with wondrous labdanum, which tempers the creation with a tinge of pine and vague illusions of amber and leather. A decidedly beautiful fragrance that is at once soothing and evocative. This anomalous cologne has stunted projection and average longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Midnight in Paris EDP
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    And so do I!!! That's what vintage Guerlain's Vetiver made me feel, but not nowadays; L'Occitane's stills do that!
    It's good stuff. Perfect for an autumn walk in the woods.

Dior home- it is a buttery iris with an almost aromatherapy vibe.