Code of Conduct

Default help choosing amazing office scent from Rodeo Drive district

Fellow BNers-

I'm looking to acquire an extremely well made scent for frequent wear at my new gig.

The office vibe in my division is rather casual (Technology) but the firm itself actually serves the medical community and as such we have many M.Ds and R.Ns on staff (in an office environment, not a clinical one, mind you).

The choices are -- most anything sold at Sak's, Barneys NY or Neiman Marcus -- since they are all just down the street (Beverly Hills / Rodeo Drive area) from my new office (lucky me). The boutique stores are also here, too (Hermes, etc), so I should have access to products only sold there if not stocked at one of the department stores.

While I cannot reach up into uber-spendy territory (300+ USD), I am willing to pay for a great scent. At the top of the list to fill this role is FM Vetiver Extreme, so that gives you an idea of my price range.

For now, I enjoy wearing GV, Rochas PH, TdH (EDT), even R d Capucci, at the office.

There is no particular genre I'm after, so anything that might fit in an office environment will be considered. (e.g., lush, powerdery scents, as much as i love them, are probably out -- sorry Egoiste!).

While I enjoy crisp, bright notes I know many scents that are classified as such frequently are short lived, so I'm willing to try out something 'round' and 'sturdy' if it's still very businesslike. The most important quality is -- quality. I want to be that "new guy who smells amazing."

Besides VE I'll be checking out the AdP and CdG ranges for sure. Creeds are probably 'out' due to lack of longevity (sadly).

I welcome suggestions to aid my search!
    Last edited by AceyMan; 29th January 2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: improve title

Default Re: help choosing amazing office scent from Rodeo Drive district

Midnight in Paris EDP

FM French Lover. Tom Ford Italian Cypress. Creed Aventus, BdP. YSL Rive Gauche.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

273 Rodeo Drive, by Fred Hayman
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Encre noir pour homme lalique.

Banned

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf - One is immediately treated to a fresh and cooling, citrus opening, furnished by the zesty grapefruit, nectarous mandarin and tart bergamot, with a twist of sharp mint. Tumbling to the flush middle, the sweet florals of fruity freesia, green geranium, earthy violet, light lavender and citrusy orange bloosom are nicely encased by the warm and pleasant spices of nutmeg and cinnamon. This lovely, strong heart meanders to the robust base. Here, a pastiche of evocative leather, lively incense, creamy amber, sweet vanilla, murky vetiver, resinous labdanum, clean treemoss, smoky guaiacwood, carroty iris, dry white cedar, bright sandalwood, powdery tonka beans, herbaceous patchouli and soapy white musk bombard you with scents you have experienced a thousand times before. Remarkably, this motley assault leads to an entertaining and intriguing drydown. This high-quality enterprise is very versatile in light of its kaleidoscopic heads, and can be worn any time and any season. A one-stop wonder, this amalgamated composition has excellent longevity and good projection.

I would recommend either Midnight on paris also
    I have edp and its the best of the mainstream non niche perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by CowokHarum View Post
    Encre noir pour homme lalique.
    Who stocks this, I will certainly check it out.

No one has mentioned Sycomore, but the comments are too good for me to miss it, so I'll be stopping at the Chanel boutique as well.

My favorite frag to wear to work is Sartorial. (also in a tech field, though it don't really matter). Don't know if it's your style, you may prefer the similar yet "brighter" Invasion Barbare.

My best advice would be to pass by Rodeo Drive on your way to Scent Bar on Beverly. You can see their selection at luckyscent.com - they have a stellar selection of hard-to find fragrances. Many of them smell absolutely fabulous and quite unique.

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Who stocks this, I will certainly check it out.

No one has mentioned Sycomore, but the comments are too good for me to miss it, so I'll be stopping at the Chanel boutique as well.
    yes , you should try encre noir pour homme. at the beginning it smells strong but after about 1 hour it really changes become soothe, subtle , calm, smooth, warm scent . it really suits for office environment, just easy on spray, 2-3 sprays is enough.

Classy with restrained projection/volume:

Chanel Sycomore
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum (although if you have the edt, probably redundant)
    Kilian Taste of Heaven
    FM Geranium Pour Monsieur
    MFK Lumiere Noire Pour Homme (maybe too romantic and special for office wear, but surely nice smelling and sophisticated)

Longevity may be a concern for Sycomore and Geranium PM, depending on your skin.

If you like crisp and bright, maybe try some good orange blossom scents like MFK APOM PH or Kilian Sweet Redemption.

Really you can wear anything - just adjust the application as necessary.

And like Al Gae said, definitely check out Scent Bar - solid recommendation.

Dior Homme Intense vintage