Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Are Creeds worth it?

I presume a large demographic of this website consists of mid-career men. $200-250 is a steep price to pay for a 3.4 oz of cologne.

I have not tried them myself, but is it really four to five times better than the best lower priced colognes.

---

EDIT (4/2/13):

I'm revisiting some of my older posts and since then I've tried a lot of Creeds and they are my favorite house. I wouldn't pay $250 or $300 for a Creed, or anything really, but grey market prices of $140 for a 4 oz or flacon splits, you can't go wrong.

There's good stuff in all price ranges, but Creed is definitely worth it if you're willing to spend a bit more.
    Last edited by noirdrakkar; 2nd April 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Are Creeds worth it?

As with most other houses - some are very good, some are just OK, and some are just bad.

The ones I have liked, I have bought at discounted prices or via splits.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If we all had the same exact income and the same exact taste in fragrances we could give you a unified answer.

As it is, people have widely different views regarding Creed. Only you can make a decision about the worth of a fragrance.

I agree with Petruccijc above in his evaluation (though we probably differ about which are good, OK, and bad...) and in his purchasing methods.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

u have to try yourself and answer dat question. if you are into frags like me then its a big ticket but i have purchased a few.to me its worth it .creed is among the elite class of scents i feel.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

If you like them and, beyond the often doubtful/sketchy company history and brand image, you find Creed scents you like, why not

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    As with most other houses - some are very good, some are just OK, and some are just bad.

Same. Though for my tastes I've found more in the latter two categories than the former.

As for designer fragrances at better prices, Creed has been ripped of numerous times with mixed success (though the opinions on this are rather varied as well). If you're into one of their scents with a bit more mass appeal, it's probably available as a designer knock off somewhere that smells similar-ish enough. Your own nose will have to tell you which is the worthy buy.

Not really, just stick to decants. They have terrible longevity

Dependent

Creed falls all across the spectrum, but I find only a handful to truly be bottle worthy.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Certainly not: Creed is poor mediocrity for scandalous prizes. Forget this fake brand; it is for tasteless snobs!

...Bruno Banani for the nouveau riche...!

No!

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I presume a large demographic of this website consists of mid-career men. $200-250 is a steep price to pay for a 3.4 oz of cologne.

I have not tried them myself, but is it really four to five times better than the best lower priced colognes.
    nope! you can get much better stuff for significantly less money.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Certainly not: Creed is poor mediocrity for scandalous prizes. Forget this fake brand; it is for tasteless snobs!
    I own many different fragrances ranging from expensive niche to bargain basement cheapies. No snobbery here - I buy something because I like it, regardless of cost or status.

It depends on how one defines the worth of a fragrance. The relative worth compared to other fragrances? They are pricey. The cost per use? Most of them, including most fragrances, really are affordable luxuries when thought of that way.

What matters most is if you like any fragrance enough for the price point.

Some of them worth the discounter prices that i have paid, like 4.2oz GIT for 110usd that ive paid

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    This

I'm sure some are nice. Personally I don't want to pay so much for one fragrance. Also the image and the hype they seem to get puts me off a little (same with Mugler). If you make your items so expensive, hard to find, etc, you can keep them.

That said, I will have to try GIT.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

To me, Creeds are worth their price.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

all said and done, go and smell them, let your nose be your guide. if you love it, buy it.

Some definitely are, yes. Like others have said, try and get em at discounted prices online.

And don't worry about longevity either - some Creeds have awesome longevity, and some don't. Just like any other house ever.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbar1104 View Post
    Creed falls all across the spectrum, but I find only a handful to truly be bottle worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Some of them worth the discounter prices that i have paid, like 4.2oz GIT for 110usd that ive paid
    I wonder which ones you all find are worth owning to YOU ?

I personally own GIT and Santal - planing on getting SMW, Aventus and maybe MI in the future........
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Banned

in my opinion, absolutely.

Well, a high price tag usually ensures that not every Tom, Dick or Harry will be wearing it. So that has to be a good thing.

As far as Creeds go, i'd say on the whole they're worth it. Aventus, Vetiver '48, BDP, GIT, Spice and Woods etc are simply amazing.

On the other hand,you get the odd naff one...Original Santal springs to mind.

I would never pay retail price for a bottle of Creed. Not even Aventus, which I find to be one of the best smelling colognes I've ever smelled. No cologne is worth $300 a bottle when they can be had for $150 or less discounted. I own 5 creeds, 4 of which are 4 oz bottles I bought discounted, and the 5th being a 50 ml split. I like them all but I'd never pay full price. So to answer your question: No they are not worth full price. Longevity is not good enough (with the exception of Aventus which lasts a looong time). The batch inconsistencies are bull shyte.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Plus

I think Creeds are across the board on quality. As much as I have been frustrated by this house I will probably always own GIT. Where price is concerned I think most niche is getting a little out of hand. With Creed at least there are a few discounters that usually have good stock.

A fragrance can not be five times better than any other. Except You name a scale to measure the seize of each.

Name the scale!

Then, Creed addresses exactly that audience, namely mid-career men and wannabee men and mid-career wannabees - just kidding. Creeds are worth the price as long as there are people to pay that. It depends less on disposable income than on a specific mindset, whether or not somebody will finally pay something for a fragrance. regarding Creed many go for discount prizes and spend ages on discussing sources and - take care! - relating batchnumbers.

I don't think I want to smell as such a Joe, Hugo, Bill or Pierre.

Technically I think Creed follows more of a crowd pleasing agenda. Their offerings are so & so to say the best. Of course the fragrances have a certain exclusive smell, say the prominent pineapple in Aventus. But is that beautiful or is it kitsch? I vote for kitsch and that is my personal verdict on the whole line. Consequently I would literally pay nothing for Creed, hence they are vastly overrated.

Remember, even if a fragrances uses precious naturals all over it would never ever justify retail prices over 50$ per 50ml! Even if it were real sandalwood, orris or ambergris! Prices are on one side calculations to cover advertizing and to compensate for the many misses. On the other side the players in this market just grep what they can get.

If you truly like something, you can find a deal. A lot of people with higher purchasing power don't always simply "splash out" money for anything. They gain their wealth through a careful study of prices and finding deals on stuff they like.

As for Creed, there is no doubt about the fact that they do use good ingredients. The point is whether a specific scent sits well on you or not. If you like something that much, check out what deals/sales/splits there are on this site.

Good luck

My favs if you want to know are
    Aventus
    MI

Banned
    Blog Entries

Given how many on here are buying old and counterfeit stock at a discount (and actually thinking they're sniffing Creed), I would say it's not worth purchasing Creed anywhere other than an authorized retailer.

That said, I think it's worth owning one or two Creeds at a time. It's not worth owning a bunch of them at the same time. They're good, but not that good.

This question could be asked of many niche brands. Amouage, Lutens, etc. I figured Lutens was worth the money before I tried any of them. Then I tried Bois de Violette and couldn't imagine who would spend $150 for a bottle of it.

Then I remembered - one man's junk is another man's treasure.

smeller

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Well, a high price tag usually ensures that not every Tom, Dick or Harry will be wearing it. So that has to be a good thing.

[...].
    No offense for those who actually like the scents, but I've noticed that, where I live (and worldwide, I suppose), Creed is exactly what every misinformed Tom, Dick or Harry immediately buys when they get some wealth. Especially GIT, a nouveau riche's object of desire.

I have very little contact with really wealthy people, but I can assure that the few ones I got acquainted with don't give a damn about perfume. One of them actually likes to practice reverse snobbery and insists he only wears a very popular cheap deodorant. But if wearing Creed makes you feel like you are "above the crowd", and you enjoy the feeling, go for it, I wouldn't blame you.

However, I believe in the word of more experienced basenoters in the sense that there are bottleworthy Creed fragrances (would like to try Vintage Tabarome, Orange Spice and Acier Aluminum). But the ones I sampled until now, including GIT, were just ostentational and boring to my tastes, so right now, based on my one experience alone. I answer 'no' to the OP.

Millesime Imperial is worth it if you can get a bottle from a decent batch.

For me, no, I would never pay that much for a Creed fragrance when the same could get one a substantial amount of a Caron extrait, or something, well, more interesting and less popular.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    A fragrance can not be five times better than any other. Except You name a scale to measure the seize of each.

Name the scale!
    Exactly. The idea that what you pay for fragrance is directly proportional to some simple measure of perceived quality is fundamentally wrong.

My best advice is to go with what petruccijc said. I would add that - to me - only a few Creeds are so pleasurable that I would prefer them to 4-5 quality designer scents that I fully enjoy. To me, that's the simplest measure that has real meaning. Are there 4 or 5 quality designer scents out there that you would love to buy, and wear one day each week to the office? Or perhaps two standard niche scents, worn on alternate days? Or would you wear that one Creed all week and be happier?

TOTALLY your call.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I would never pay retail price for a bottle of Creed. Not even Aventus, which I find to be one of the best smelling colognes I've ever smelled. No cologne is worth $300 a bottle when they can be had for $150 or less discounted. I own 5 creeds, 4 of which are 4 oz bottles I bought discounted, and the 5th being a 50 ml split. I like them all but I'd never pay full price. So to answer your question: No they are not worth full price. Longevity is not good enough (with the exception of Aventus which lasts a looong time). The batch inconsistencies are bull shyte.
    I agree with all this. Some creeds are excellent, but the ones I own are all purchased thru discounters at a significant savings. At half price or so they are worth it to me. At full price, not so much.

Sadly, my conclusion after much testing has been a decisive no. I can't ever imagine spending that much money on something of the quality of perfumery that the house of Creed offers.

nothing is really worth the full price, but creeds are very nice.

It's not just about the fragrance, it's also about the way it makes you feel. And I feel great when wearing Creeds. And I smell great, too.

The thing is....Creeds are not THAT expensive if you just look around for a deal. Unless you're wanting a discontinued fragrance or one from their exclusive/private lines, the rest of the Creeds can be found for significantly less than the retail price. There are online dealers galore who are ready and willing to make a great deal on the Creeds. I don't think $56 is too bad for a 4 oz bottle of GIT, for instance.

I've never seen a 3.4oz bottle of Creed....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Basenotes Junkie

I'd love to hear where people get these great deals on Creed. I got Aventus for christmas, and that 75 ml ran my mother 310 dollars. That's from the only store that sells Creed in Norway (could be some more, I doubt it though).

I love the Creeds I've got myself (Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver and Himalaya.) I've sampled others I haven't really figured out - or just feel aren't for me. The ones I love, I feel is worth it. I really like the flacons and I LOVE the way the ones I like smells. It's not really about Creed as a niche brand / name for me - seeing as I've only got one or two friends that actually know what Creed is. I tell people about it if they ask after complimenting me on smelling nice, but I don't think I boast about it (at least I hope I don't.)

It's basically worth it if you feel good smelling like one of Creeds creations and got the money. This is about what you feel, and what you can afford. Yeah, you can find cheaper fragrances, and yeah, you can find something cheaper that smells pretty much the same - but for me it isn't the same. I can clearly identify a sort of warmth from my Creeds I don't find in similar fragrances.

Just my two cents. Try some samples and figure out what Creed is all about. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

I started out a Creed fan-boy, became a Creed hater, and now after some time I feel I fall in between and that's where I will stay. Are they expensive? A little bit, but so are all other niche (by kilians and serge lutens etc are more expensive actually, for what you get). Do Creed releases sometimes fall on their face and fail? Absolutely. But, at least to me, there is a better ratio of good Creeds to bad Creeds than say, Serge Lutens or L'artisan etc. Is it worth buying? Most people wouldn't approve of my expensive single malt scotch habits but if you are a conneusour(sp sorry) you'll pay those prices. That's why I'm here on these boards, because I'm that guy who will pay for it, because I am the collector/conneuseur. If it doesn't matter as much to the ordinary guy, the ordinary guy can shop department store brands, and he'll be happy with that. niche prices are all unreasonable though when you think about it (from any ordinary person's point of view) so to single out creed is unfair. I think that most people here can say that there is something in Creed's offerings that they like and would be happy to have in their collection even at the cost. While I do think Creed is overrated a little bit (by all of the Creed fan-boys) in the end I would say they compare favorably to many other niche brands really. And Creed's impact and influence on parfumery has been significant and is undeniable. I won't even listen or continue a conversation with someone who will deny this. (I understand that there are many biased creed fan-boys but be objective too critics. This isn't aimed at anyone on this thread, just at what I have seen posted from time to time while lurking over the years.) As it stands, there are 4 among current offerings that I consider permanent fixtures in my collection (and maybe someday 5... I'm late to the party trying out Feuille Verte, and a new batch was recently released).
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 29th January 2012 at 07:37 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Whether it's worth the price or not, only your nose has the answer. If it smells good enough for you to spring the $, it's worth it, no matter what anyone else says.

Personally, there are 4-5 Creeds I am happy to pay for...

i've never seen a 4 oz creed bottle go for 56$... must be fake.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    I'd love to hear where people get these great deals on Creed. I got Aventus for christmas, and that 75 ml ran my mother 310 dollars. That's from the only store that sells Creed in Norway (could be some more, I doubt it though).

I love the Creeds I've got myself (Aventus, Green Irish Tweed, Original Vetiver and Himalaya.) I've sampled others I haven't really figured out - or just feel aren't for me. The ones I love, I feel is worth it. I really like the flacons and I LOVE the way the ones I like smells. It's not really about Creed as a niche brand / name for me - seeing as I've only got one or two friends that actually know what Creed is. I tell people about it if they ask after complimenting me on smelling nice, but I don't think I boast about it (at least I hope I don't.)

It's basically worth it if you feel good smelling like one of Creeds creations and got the money. This is about what you feel, and what you can afford. Yeah, you can find cheaper fragrances, and yeah, you can find something cheaper that smells pretty much the same - but for me it isn't the same. I can clearly identify a sort of warmth from my Creeds I don't find in similar fragrances.

Just my two cents. Try some samples and figure out what Creed is all about. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not.
    The definitive post for me. My thoughts exactly, but put far more eloquently than I ever could. Thank you.

I'd love to hear where people get these great deals on Creed. I got Aventus for christmas, and that 75 ml ran my mother 310 dollars.
    Sorry about that, you can get the 250ml for $380 here.

Really what is the point of asking this same question over and over?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Junkie

Sorry about the same question over and over - just disbelief, I guess. My bad.

I can clearly identify a sort of warmth from my Creeds I don't find in similar fragrances.
    Clearly it is no coincidence that the brand is called "Creed."

Basenotes Junkie

Just dont let "Creed" as a brand or marketing tool fool you. They have perfumes I don't care much about - not because they're foul-smelling or badly made, but because I don't care much for that specific type of scent. What this means is - DO NOT blind-buy Creeds just because it's Creed.

Sorry about the same question over and over - just disbelief, I guess. My bad.
    Sorry, not you, was referring to the OP.

Is this question just to help people to justify spending a certain amount of money that they maybe should not be spending?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    It depends on how one defines the worth of a fragrance. The relative worth compared to other fragrances? They are pricey. The cost per use? Most of them, including most fragrances, really are affordable luxuries when thought of that way.

Pretty much how I feel. Creed is the 600 pound gorilla of niche, and their marketing techniques irk many people into attacking them with a zeal that is unwarranted IMO.

Above someone uniformly states "they don't last" which is a bald faced misinformed manipulative lie. With any scent, some people get hours and some people get minutes. Most, but not all of my Creeds last quite well.

Are they worth 4 to 5 times the price of other scents? How can we answer that really? The term "better" is subjective.

Creed is often the first pricey niche style scent many upwardly mobile run into. The Creed reps spin a mystique and often lay down a line that offends fragrance purists who are all about the scent and care little for hype. As such, many a newbie stumbles in here intent on buying a Creed. Sample the scents- disregard the hype from Creed, and the loathing from the Creed bashers. Let your nose be the guide.

I love Basenotes. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion and there are many responses here to choose from. Ultimately, there is not a definitive answer to the question you ask, no matter what anyone here, including me says.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 29th January 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    "they don't last" which is a bald faced misinformed manipulative lie.
    All in all, I have been disappointed with Creed longevity, since we are on the topic. In fact, it's been the principle disappointment, the same refrain over and again in my experience, as a broad generalization. There are aids though, like allowing the bottle to age a little bit, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarrhymester View Post
    All in all, I have been disappointed with Creed longevity, since we are on the topic. In fact, it's been the principle disappointment, the same refrain over and again in my experience. As a generalization. There are aids though, like allowing the bottle to age a little bit, etc.
    So, what you're saying is that if I wear a Creed scent and find it lasts all day quite well, YOUR experience renders mine irrelevant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    So, what you're saying is that if I wear a Creed scent and find it lasts all day quite well, YOUR experience renders mine irrelevant.
    what?!? I was only speaking about my own experience. Getting a little defensive there aren't we? Don't project your insecurity into my comment. didn't you just get done saying "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" in your previous post? You're the one saying things like "bald faced misinformed manipulative lie" when people say they aren't getting good longevity from their creeds. Don't make yourself irrelevant. And I defend Creeds anyway so what gives?
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 29th January 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Basenotes Member

lol creed thread.

I'm kind of new--how many years have Creed threads all been tailspinning into the same generalized argument again and again?

Banned
    Blog Entries

All in all, I have been disappointed with Creed longevity, since we are on the topic. In fact, it's been the principle disappointment, the same refrain over and again in my experience, as a broad generalization. There are aids though, like allowing the bottle to age a little bit, etc.
    What StylinLA may be alluding to with Creed longevity is that the juice is the same no matter who is wearing it - your satisfaction level does not warrant any special consideration against mine, his, or anyone else's. Creed is an investment - an admittedly small investment compared to the many investments we have in life - and if you're going to make that investment, you should know what you're putting your money into. Creeds are strange animals, they seem to make themselves known to the wearer for the first five or ten minutes, and then disappear. In truth, they haven't disappeared at all. There's something in their chemical construction that causes olfactory fatigue in the wearer and makes it difficult or impossible to smell after a certain time, but meanwhile others around you can still smell them, sometimes quite strongly. Aventus is notorious for this. My Original Vetiver did this to me constantly. It pays to understand this and take it as fact, because otherwise there's a lot of griping about longevity, when in all actuality the longevity of Creeds are pretty standard compared to other brands, with some outpacing the competition altogether.

what?!? I was only speaking about my own experience. Getting a little defensive there aren't we? Don't project your insecurity into my comment. didn't you just get done saying "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" in your previous post? You're the one saying things like "bald faced misinformed manipulative lie" when people say they aren't getting good longevity from their creeds. Don't make yourself irrelevant. And I defend Creeds anyway so what gives?
    I have no insecurities to project here and I AM irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrains View Post
    lol creed thread.

I'm kind of new--how many years have Creed threads all been tailspinning into the same generalized argument again and again?
    Personally, I am not sure discussions of Creed---in particular not this type of discussion---belong on a perfume message board at all. What Creed sells is primarily a placebo treatment for low self-esteem. The testimonials in this thread, and in others, from people who insist that Creed products help them feel good about themselves are not really about perfume, per se.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    Personally, I am not sure discussions of Creed---in particular not this type of discussion---belong on a perfume message board at all. What Creed sells is primarily a placebo treatment for low self-esteem. The testimonials in this thread, and in others, from people who insist that Creed products help them feel good about themselves are not really about perfume, per se.
    This argument doesn't hold up if you consider one's appreciation for perfumery as equal to an appreciation for any other art form, be it music, fine art, or theater.

Me likey some a 'em Creeds
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    It pays to understand this and take it as fact, because otherwise there's a lot of griping about longevity, when in all actuality the longevity of Creeds are pretty standard compared to other brands, with some outpacing the competition altogether.
    Thanks for the patronizing lesson there. Yeah, I didn't know anything about olfactory fatigue (rolling my eyes). Creed Spice and Wood I tried recently, and yes, contrary to the review that said it had poor sillage and longevity, my experience was quite the opposite (I could smell it on my clothes and bed sheets the next day and I was being complimented on it at times when I couldn't smell it). Just as one example. But look up and down reviews for Creed, and if you don't want to take my word for it, take the word of countless other experienced fragrance heads who will respectfully disagree about your feelings on Creed longevity and sillage. Don't think an argument can't be made and patronize those of us who disagree as if it's just a matter of our ignorance (those poor hopeless fools). I don't appreciate the patronizing tone there and I don't agree with you at all that Creed longevity "is pretty standard compared to other brands", but whatever, I don't really care. I wasn't here to bash Creed (actually on the contrary) just to provide my own opinion to aid the original poster. I always encourage everyone to listen to what others have said but to always come to their own conclusions. people keep saying things like "we can all have an opinion" well then let us, instead of saying promptly afterward a person's opinion is a "bald faced misinformed manipulative lie". F that noise. And my patronizing lesson to you is read more carefully: "your satisfaction level does not warrant any special consideration against mine, his, or anyone else's." Never did I say anything to suggest this. I said in my experience. What do you think that implies MoonB? In vain will you find anything in my posts that suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 29th January 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the patronizing lesson there. Yeah, I didn't know anything about olfactory fatigue (rolling my eyes). Creed Spice and Wood I tried recently, and yes, contrary to the review that said it had poor sillage and longevity, my experience was quite the opposite (I could smell it on my clothes and bed sheets the next day and I was being complimented on it at times when I couldn't smell it). Just as one example. But look up and down reviews for Creed, and if you don't want to take my word for it, take the word of countless other experienced fragrance heads who will respectfully disagree about your feelings on Creed longevity and sillage. Don't think an argument can't be made and patronize those of us who disagree as if it's just a matter of our ignorance (those poor hopeless fools). I don't appreciate the patronizing tone there and I don't agree with you at all that Creed longevity "is pretty standard compared to other brands", but whatever, I don't really care. I wasn't here to bash Creed (actually on the contrary) just to provide my own opinion to aid the original poster. I always encourage everyone to listen to what others have said but to always come to their own conclusions. people keep saying things like "we can all have an opinion" well then let us, instead of saying promptly afterward a person's opinion is a "bald faced misinformed manipulative lie". F that noise. And my patronizing lesson to you is read more carefully: "your satisfaction level does not warrant any special consideration against mine, his, or anyone else's." Never did I say anything to suggest this. I said in my experience. What do you think that implies?
    I was coming to your defense as much as StylinLA's. My mistake. Next time, try not to get so hot under the collar. If you read my post, Mr. Don't Patronize Me, you'd see that I was addressing the general assembly, not you. Quoting you was simply a means to bring up my point. The self-importance it seems to have generated in response is quite surprising. I don't even know you, why would I bother patronizing you?

And take a moment to square the two opposing statements you've made with reality: you believe in olfactory fatigue, but "in your experience" Creeds have poor longevity. Doesn't make much sense.

I take the reviews here on basenotes with a grain of salt. It's obvious from reading many of them that they're based on old or counterfeit stock.
    Last edited by MOONB; 29th January 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    You're right. Everyone who buys Creed fragrances bought into the "placebo treatment" and we all have low self-esteem. It costs us hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to make ourselves feel better by spraying overpriced, overhyped, underwhelming liquids onto our skin. Only enlightened, snobbish individuals such as yourself and other Creed haters understand the folly of the masses' ways.

Give me a break and get over yourself. Your hatred for Creed, along with trolling and flaming on this forum is rather pathetic. If you hate Creed, that's your prerogative. When you start mocking people who enjoy Creed fragrances, that's when you look like a pompous jackass.