Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Are Creeds worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarrhymester View Post
    But look up and down reviews for Creed, and if you don't want to take my word for it, take the word of countless other experienced fragrance heads who will respectfully disagree about your feelings on Creed longevity and sillage.
    I bet half of the 'experienced fragrance heads' haven't even tried Creed scents let alone lived with a bottle for a while, There's far too much bravado and bandwagoning going on.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I have no insecurities to project here and I AM irrelevant.
    well if you have no insecurities and therefore you don't care and your opinion being irrelevant was some ironic point, then why bother to take issue with my post in the first place? And if the ironic point was that no one's' opinion matters because some things are not a matter of opinion (like creed projection/longevity) then why say "with any scent, some people get hours and some people get minutes"? afterwards in your post "everyone is entitled to their own opinion" and "ultimately there is no definitive answer to the question you ask" etc.? why bother to even respond like that? Believe me I don't care about it either but it just strikes me as bad form. I didn't say antthing offensive about it to you, I quoted a line and gave my two cents. You can call other commentators "bald faced misinformed manipulative liars" though? I don't get it. But whatever I'm not mad and I've liked other posts that you've made elsewhere. I say things I don't necesarily mean too sometimes.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 29th January 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I bet half of the 'experienced fragrance heads' haven't even tried Creed scents let alone lived with a bottle for a while, There's far too much bravado and bandwagoning going on.
    ok. you're right. Creed longevity is not an issue. All of the reviews by BN'ers who have 8+ year accounts that (god forbid) criticize Creed longevity are factually wrong on all counts. This is not the kind of thing anyone can have an opinion about. There is no ground to respectfully dispute this. And I'm full of bravado and grandstanding. I should just not post my inoffensive and un-patronizing opinions, they offend and patronize everyone.

PERFUME FIGHT!! PERFUME FIGHT!!

spray em in the eyes

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's as obvious as the day is long that Creeds don't have poor longevity and projection. The perpetuation of the myth that they do is what is utterly irksome. Often it's disguised as one's "opinion" but on basenotes that opinion has been stretched to grievous lengths and Creed enthusiasts have grown tired of it, to say the least.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Not trying to start a fight or continue one, just trying to posit why these statements were made as I've seen it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    This argument doesn't hold up if you consider one's appreciation for perfumery as equal to an appreciation for any other art form, be it music, fine art, or theater.
    I am not sure what you are saying. I agree, of course, that appreciation of perfumery is similar to appreciation of any other art. But consumption of music, theater, or perfume, not for their intrinsic pleasures, but in the hope that it might solve problems in one's life, is something different.

All of the reviews by BN'ers who have 8+ year accounts that (god forbid) criticize Creed longevity are factually wrong on all counts.
    Damn, If only I had three more years on my join by date my experiences could become valid too and I could counteract the broken logic applied.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo Lapin X View Post
    I am not sure what you are saying. I agree, of course, that appreciation of perfumery is similar to appreciation of any other art. But consumption of music, theater, or perfume, not for their intrinsic pleasures, but in the hope that it might solve problems in one's life, is something different.
    I'm saying that if you appreciate something as an art form, then a "placebo effect" for one's self-esteem doesn't relate to the experience at all. The appreciation has to do with one's aesthetic sensibilities, and if anything is an offspring of a high self-esteem, in which one believes himself capable of a higher appreciation for things. Someone with low self esteem would settle for the bottle of Preferred Stock a co-worker gave him for Christmas three years ago, and wouldn't even wear that because, after all, he's not even worth it, right?

Blog Entries

I was coming to your defense as much as StylinLA's. My mistake. Next time, try not to get so hot under the collar. If you read my post, Mr. Don't Patronize Me, you'd see that I was addressing the general assembly, not you. Quoting you was simply a means to bring up my point. The self-importance it seems to have generated in response is quite surprising. I don't even know you, why would I bother patronizing you?

And take a moment to square the two opposing statements you've made with reality: you believe in olfactory fatigue, but "in your experience" Creeds have poor longevity. Doesn't make much sense.

I take the reviews here on basenotes with a grain of salt. It's obvious from reading many of them that they're based on old or counterfeit stock.
    Alright I'll take my comments back then with regard to your post. Sorry. Yes I believe in olfactory fatigue, it is a real thing. But sometimes perfumes actually do have poor longevity that can't be ascribed to olfactory fatigue. That was my point about Creed, as a generalization, in my experience. My experience: Creeds have below average longevity.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Alright I'll take my comments back then with regard to your post. Sorry. Yes I believe in olfactory fatigue, it is a real thing. But sometimes perfumes actually do have poor longevity that can't be ascribed to olfactory fatigue. That was my point about Creed, as a generalization, in my experience. My experience: Creeds have below average longevity.
    I'm sorry that this has been your experience. Have you tried Love in Black? I'm not sure if it would work for you because I don't know your tastes, but in my somewhat limited experience, LiB is the Creed for those who can't get more than an hour out of Creeds. It's like a nuclear bomb of iris and woodsy violet notes. Definitely unisex, too.

I'll weigh in.

There is a case to be made that perfumery is an art, ergo subjectivity reigns. Value and/or ratings are extremely personal, and although there is a market for such goods that value one or other, a person may value a common or lowly thought of scent more than the rest of the crowd.

So if the whole "mixing chemicals into olfactory art" is valid, then what's the difference between paying a premium for, say, Creeds, as opposed someone paying a premium for a Rembrandt or Picasso which was created with a few pennies worth of paint and some perspiration.

There's another debate about longevity and surely that one is objective and testable. In that case there is a wrong and a right party. I haven't tried any Creeds, so I wouldn't know.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxia View Post
    I'll weigh in.

There is a case to be made that perfumery is an art, ergo subjectivity reigns. Value and/or ratings are extremely personal, and although there is a market for such goods that value one or other, a person may value a common or lowly thought of scent more than the rest of the crowd.

So if the whole "mixing chemicals into olfactory art" is valid, then what's the difference between paying a premium for, say, Creeds, as opposed someone paying a premium for a Rembrandt or Picasso which was created with a few pennies worth of paint and some perspiration.

There's another debate about longevity and surely that one is objective and testable. In that case there is a wrong and a right party. I haven't tried any Creeds, so I wouldn't know.
    haha, okay, well put.

It would be nice to be a fan of Rembrandt and have someone walk up to me in a museum and say "please, for your sake, get help. you're better than this."

With Creed, it's the same kind of idea - I apply some Green Irish Tweed, and then go to work, only to have my co-worker lean over and whisper "just my two cents here, but you need to start taking better care of yourself. everyone at the office is starting to notice."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Damn, If only I had three more years on my join by date my experiences could become valid too and I could counteract the broken logic applied.
    I said: "But look up and down reviews for Creed, and if you don't want to take my word for it, take the word of countless other experienced fragrance heads who will respectfully disagree about your feelings on Creed longevity and sillage." The whole point being that some people with lots of experience with Creeds and parfum in general would beg to differ, as a response to someone who thinks people who dispute that Creeds have decent longevity are all wrong. You quoted me and said in response: "I bet half of the 'experienced fragrance heads' haven't even tried Creed scents let alone lived with a bottle for a while, There's far too much bravado and bandwagoning going on." The 8+ years was an arbitrary number used to refer to the most experienced members of the forum, that's all. the number of years they have been BN members wasn't the point. People who have been on BN for a long time and that we can extend the benefit of the doubt to in regard to having knowledgeable and dissenting opinions. Those are the "experienced heads' I was referring to. Of course newer members can be very knowledgeable too and not all old members know so much. The choice to use an arbitrary number was a regrettable choice maybe but not broken logic. I didn't say your opinion wasn't valid either; you were getting in between a disagreement between me and someone else about the topic. when i say "experienced fragrance head" I mean a real one, not a poseur. maybe that's what i should have said. You have in mind poseurs, which is beside the point. Not all people with valid opinions agree about Creed.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 30th January 2012 at 03:45 AM.

Most are just OK, but GIT, OS, MI and Aventus are worth the money

Blog Entries

double post.

Blog Entries

It's as obvious as the day is long that Creeds don't have poor longevity and projection. The perpetuation of the myth that they do is what is utterly irksome. Often it's disguised as one's "opinion" but on basenotes that opinion has been stretched to grievous lengths and Creed enthusiasts have grown tired of it, to say the least.
    Creed fans can be just as uncritical. I consider myself in between. I have owned bottles or decants of nearly all of the unisex/men scents. All i can say is we must disagree then. I compare my bottles to other similar types of frags made by different niches and the general longevity that the specific type of frag has, what one can expect. This would be an involved discussion with lots of factors that I don't really care to have anymore. I like some Creeds a lot, and in the case of bad projection/life I look for ways to extend them (when i like them e.g. SMW). It's a complicated conversation but what else can I say then but that we disagree? You would say that it's that person's "opinion" as a courtesy albeit an "irksome" concession and so do I for my reasons. Creed fans can be just as uncritical as the critics. Like I said I place myself somewhere in between. I think it's debatable. I haven't tried love in black btw.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 29th January 2012 at 11:12 PM.

I think there only a few worth the price, GIT, SMW, RO, MI, Aventus and Himalaya

Banned

perfume fight!! Perfume fight!!

Spray em in the eyes

post of the thread.

Banned

1 - the fact that this thread even exists, and has over 1,000 views and two pages of posts in less than 12 hours tells you everything you need to know about CREED, and if they are "worth it".

2 - this comes down to two groups of people... the first group has enough money to afford CREED fragrances, owns many, and absolutely think they are worth it. the second group doesn't have enough money to afford CREED fragrances, and spends their days trying to come up with reasons why CREED sucks so that they can sleep better at night.

I'll weigh in......

I guess you are completely disregarding the effect of skin chemistry and how different fragrances mix with different skin types. Not everyone gets the same longevity or even the same scent from the same fragrance so there is nothing objective about it, it's subjective to each person's skin.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    1 - the fact that this thread even exists, and has over 1,000 views and two pages of posts in less than 12 hours tells you everything you need to know about CREED, and if they are "worth it".

2 - this comes down to two groups of people... the first group has enough money to afford CREED fragrances, owns many, and absolutely think they are worth it. the second group doesn't have enough money to afford CREED fragrances, and spends their days trying to come up with reasons why CREED sucks so that they can sleep better at night.
    You forgot the third group... people who make that ignorant argument.

Some of the fragrances are pretty good. However, I do find the brand a bit tacky.

I think they are, if you consider the price the available discounted price. My favorites atm are Royal Oud and Silver Mountain Water, the only 2 for which I aquired FB, but there are a great many others I have sampled and like, and I will probably eventually own other full bottles.

Regarding the complaints about their marketing, what exactly is it people object too? Is there misinformation regarding Creed's history with royalty and all that? Surely that stuff could be verified, and some Creed fanboy or perfume whiz would have done so? I googled it, but couldn't find anything substantive.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srmd22 View Post
    I think they are, if you consider the price the available discounted price. My favorites atm are Royal Oud and Silver Mountain Water, the only 2 for which I aquired FB, but there are a great many others I have sampled and like, and I will probably eventually own other full bottles.

Regarding the complaints about their marketing, what exactly is it people object too? Is there misinformation regarding Creed's history with royalty and all that? Surely that stuff could be verified, and some Creed fanboy or perfume whiz would have done so? I googled it, but couldn't find anything substantive.
    A lot of people don't seem to get that Creed's popularity is generated in part by the controversy behind its self-proclaimed history. They don't have the budget of Chanel or Dior, but they have the controversy, which is ultimately better than those other larger marketing budgets combined.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    ^^^ second group.

I think Bond's are more worth it. I don't want to pay Over 200 buck for something that has batch to batch variation and poor shelf life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I think Bond's are more worth it. I don't want to pay Over 200 buck for something that has batch to batch variation and poor shelf life
    cool. definitely go for the Bond then. the quality control over 100% synthetic crap is pretty tight.

cool. definitely go for the Bond then. the quality control over 100% synthetic crap is pretty tight.
    Yup. I could never understand the emphasis of natural oils. What smells good smells good. Who cares if it has synthetic ingredients. Everything you use thru out the day is loaded with synthetics

smeller

Hmm, I got it. So Creed is the best house ever, they only use natural oils, and everything else is just synthetic crap, right?

The level of emotion that many Creed threads evoke, never ceases to amaze me.
    To the OP, if there is a Creed that you want right now, find bottle worthy, and have the disposable income to purchase, only you can determine if you'll purchase or not.
    Many of us here have more than one bottle of perfume in our collection. Also, many of us here have a bottle(or 2, or 3) of Creed in our collection. Having a bottle of Creed in ones collection does not preclude one from having other bottles, which may be less expensive and subjectively better, or the opposite.
    As to longevity, I have the smell of BdP on a jacket from over a week ago, and a shirt that absolutely reeks(in a good way) of Aventus from yesterday. Conversely, I refresh SMW after about 6hrs, YMMV.

Blog Entries

I've seen collections of over a thousand bottles with expensive tom ford exclusives and other niches without Creed representation. I've seen other similar collections with minimal Creed representation. Rest assured, they have the money to spend on Creed but for whatever their reasons, don't. So i cannot abide by this comment.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 30th January 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry that this has been your experience. Have you tried Love in Black? I'm not sure if it would work for you because I don't know your tastes, but in my somewhat limited experience, LiB is the Creed for those who can't get more than an hour out of Creeds. It's like a nuclear bomb of iris and woodsy violet notes. Definitely unisex, too.
    I'm really sorry to drag you back into this LOL I just wanted to stress that I mean it as a broad generalization. Several have really good longevity, and others I wouldn't complain about. My new Windsor as an example has fantastic longevity/projection for what it is. So much so, I was surprised. I started the thread trying to offer positive things about Creed and it got turned. I didn't want it to sound like I disrespect Creed, or that I don't like them or don't own them. I do own some myself.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm really sorry to drag you back into this LOL I just wanted to stress that I mean it as a broad generalization. Several have really good longevity, and others I wouldn't complain about. My new Windsor as an example has fantastic longevity/projection for what it is. So much so, I was surprised. I started the thread trying to offer positive things about Creed and it got turned. I didn't want it to sound like I disrespect Creed, or that I don't like them or don't own them. I do own some myself.
    No harm, no foul. I'd like to try Windsor at some point, although I doubt I'll ever own it - just too pricey for me. I suppose if I get a Christmas bonus or something some year it may happen. No doubt it's a good one though. I do have Green Irish Tweed and had Original Vetiver. GIT is actually almost too strong for me, and I'm in the market for a subtler Creed in the future. OV was a weird disappearing act that others could smell long after I stopped smelling it. Women went nuts over that one.

^^^ second group.
    I suggest you learn how to use the wardrobe function before making comments that display your ignorance.

A lot of people don't seem to get that Creed's popularity is generated in part by the controversy behind its self-proclaimed history. They don't have the budget of Chanel or Dior, but they have the controversy, which is ultimately better than those other larger marketing budgets combined.
    I wonder, can anyone verify if there is truth to their self proclaimed history? Some documentation that Queen Victoria (or whoever it was supposed to be) had a bottle of Creed, or something like that?

Sorry, not to hijack the thread (if that is even possible at this point) but it seems relevant and interesting. Probably not worth its own thread, though.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srmd22 View Post
    I wonder, can anyone verify if there is truth to their self proclaimed history? Some documentation that Queen Victoria (or whoever it was supposed to be) had a bottle of Creed, or something like that?

Sorry, not to hijack the thread (if that is even possible at this point) but it seems relevant and interesting. Probably not worth its own thread, though.
    Lots of threads on this already actually, although I don't have any links offhand. I imagine documentation would kill the controversy and render their marketing tactic much less effective than it already is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    As with most other houses - some are very good, some are just OK, and some are just bad.

The ones I have liked, I have bought ...
    to the OP, this ^^^^^^^^^

Why So Serious?

There are never any kind of conclusion to these debates.

But I quote from another basenoter "If you love it, it's worth it. If you don't love it, it's not worth it". I guess this goes with everything else in life.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I agree with the Canadian above

Also, regarding longevity of some Creeds, if one complains of longevity issues with the likes of MI, SMW, And Selection Verte type scents against frags like Tobacco Vanille, LIDGE or Creeds own BdP. Then you lack some fundamental, basic knowledge of perfumery.

I am a big fan of a lot of Creed fragrances and own quite a few, but do not care most of them. In the 1970s-1980s Creed was reissuing 1920s-1950s classics using top shelf ingredients. Before you pass judgement on Creed, I would suggest trying some of the older ones like Royal Scottish Lavender, Royal English Leather, Bois de Santal, Neroli Sauvage, Citrus Bigarrade, and "vintage" Tabarome among others. I do not care for some of the newer stocks: Milesime Imperial, SIW, Himalaya, etc. I am ambivalent toward GIT--it's go for what it is, but not much else.

Egoiste
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Acqua Di Gio
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Vintage Cool Water Game
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I've seen collections of over a thousand bottles with expensive tom ford exclusives and other niches without Creed representation. I've seen other similar collections with minimal Creed representation. Rest assured, they have the money to spend on Creed but for whatever their reasons, don't. So i cannot abide by this comment.
    I'm glad you posted this. I have always been into fragrances, but recently have been exploring niche for the first time. Money is not a factor for me if I love the scent and it is of high quality (has good projection/longevity). I was planning on getting in on a Tom Ford TV split, but decided to just buy the 8.4 oz because I like it that much. I tried the popular Creeds and expected to find similar quality. What I found is that for me Creed has some great frags I really like, but longevity and projection seem to be poor for me. I am still not done testing them out to be sure I am giving them a fair shot. I still have hopes in finding one I think is bottle worthy. For now it's hard for me to drop even the discounted price on a bottle when so many designer brands outperform Creed on my skin. And I hate all the talk of batch variation. Buying a bottle at that price should not be a roll of the dice.

PERFUME FIGHT!! PERFUME FIGHT!!

spray em in the eyes
    *lol* :-)

Paco Robane XS
    Mugler Cologne
    Coty Aspen
    Joop! Homme
    Al Rehab Silver

I have just made Himalaya, Original Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed, Original Santal, and Silver Mountain Water obsolete!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Law No. 1: Every Creed thread will, given enough time, degenerate into personal attacks and name calling.

There are a great many people who post that Creed is overpriced, mediocre smelling stuff. I generally ignore those. There are an equal number of posts claiming Creed makes unique works of art. I generally ignore those too.

At this point in my fragrance career, I have disliked about a third of the Creeds I've tried, thought about a third were okay, and thought about a third were wonderful. Creed probably has a higher percentage at the top than most other houses (for example, the only Chanel I really like right now is Egoiste). And at the very top go GIT and MI (the good batches). If I had to wear only two colognes for the rest of my life, they'd both be Creeds. I may curse their batch variations, but I'm stuck with Creed. I became a much happier person when I realized that.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Plus One. Well said. I always wonder how people who make such idiotic comments cannot be embarassed of themselves ?

Reckoner is a flanker of a flanker.

SamplerMike ------> TalkinMuffin/Fugazi/WalkinMuffin ----->Reckoner
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    is it really four to five times better than the best lower priced colognes.
    Nope.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N 2

My family started making perfumes 4,000 years ago in Mesopotamia, unless you can prove differently. We have now decided to make a selection of our time-honored fragrances available to discerning members of the general public, under the brand name Tapputi. They will be costly. If you need to ask about the price, you probably cannot afford them. But remember, these are scents that have been worn by famous individuals throughout the millennia. Individuals such as, for example, Jesus Christ---the frankincense and myrrh presented to him on his birth by the Magi came from us.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Paco Robane XS
    Mugler Cologne
    Coty Aspen
    Joop! Homme
    Al Rehab Silver

I have just made Himalaya, Original Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed, Original Santal, and Silver Mountain Water obsolete!
    Does Silver really smell like SMW? I got Saat Safa and Dehn Al-Oud and they are not very good.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Since were on the topic of creed, do most of you guys buy the 75ml or the 125ml. I know the difference in price is only 20-30 bucks. What do you guys buy. Do you go for the big one even though you have lets say 40-50+ bottles in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Since were on the topic of creed, do most of you guys buy the 75ml or the 125ml. I know the difference in price is only 20-30 bucks. What do you guys buy. Do you go for the big one even though you have lets say 40-50+ bottles in your collection?
    Might as well get the 250ml.....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Might as well get the 250ml.....
    what in the world for...other then splits?

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    what in the world for...other then splits?
    Splash it on to choke out the hate-errrrrrrs!!!
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Splash it on to choke out the hate-errrrrrrs!!!
    I tink that compiles the various misguided attempts of conventional Creed users verry well. Creed users tend to tink perfume has to 'say' something or has whatever otherwise effect. Particularly Creed in the hands of certain perfumistas is loud, offensive and may become choking due to that. It has as much style as this one:

Kitsch I know, a love or hate relationship. I tend to see it from a more scientific standpoint. But is it art? (Dick Feynman)
    Last edited by WildThingy; 30th January 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    I tink that compiles the various misguided attempts of conventional Creed users verry well. Creed users tend to tink perfume has to 'say' something or has whatever otherwise effect. Particularly Creed in the hands of certain perfumistas is loud, offensive and may become choking due to that. It has as much style as this one:

Kitsch I know, a love or hate relationship. I tend to see it from a more scientific standpoint. But is it art? (Dick Feynman)
    I tink you right mon! Where you get dat pichure of dat sink mon. Eyes got one jus like it cept mines is blue mon. Shabah!!
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

At these prices, I think most people, like me, should sample and narrow things down to one or two they might want to "take the plunge" on. When I first started, I thought Creed would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Most didn't last long enough on me. Most didn't impress me that much with their aroma - i.e., they "sounded" better than they smelled. I finally narrowed it down to my favorite which, even though it lasts longer than my second-favorite, I still wish would last longer.