Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice appreciated

I am extremely new and I am doing my best to research but my biggest problem is I live in regional Australia so it is all but impossible to test before buying. Currently I have been using Brut aftershave which I have since finishing school and being that I am now 25 I feel it is most certainly to mature. Being a country area I will most certainly have to buy online as I cant get to a city any time soon. I am a single guy so also want something that women will enjoy and I can wear to pubs, clubs and also a wedding I will be attending. I am on a limited budget right now so I can only afford one purchase however in time I hope to develop a good selection.

I have read that heat effects the fragrance and being that it is a hot and sweaty summer here and my body is naturally warmer than most even in winter I figure that would narrow my options a little bit?

I have very limited personal experience and being that in Australia its quite expensive I want to make sure I go with an option that is most likely to be suit. Female friends advice would be Paco Rabanne 1 Million however I fear this might be too popular but then again I guess its popular for a reason. A mate recently bought Armani Code and I liked that which kind of led me to think about Armani Attitude Extreme as reviews have it as having a little Code with original Attitude so its a bit different.

Would anyone agree with these choices or suggest something more appropriate?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice appreciated

I recommend Bleu de Chanel. It is very versatile, women like it, and it does well in the warm weather. It is a fresh, woody fragrance with some citrus and incense. It's my go to recommendation for guys in your situation.

After Bleu I would recommend Guerlain Homme. It has a Mojito note of lime, rum, and mint which is really unique and modern, and it dries down to a woodsy musk. Great for warm weather and fairly versatile. Women also enjoy it.

Both would work well based on your requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akiba View Post

I have read that heat effects the fragrance and being that it is a hot and sweaty summer here and my body is naturally warmer than most even in winter I figure that would narrow my options a little bit?

Not at all.

for swap/sale:

Agree that Guerlain Homme would do fine.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

your choices would be fine ... I would suggest a more versatile scent:

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent - Initially, one is treated to a brisk melange of bergamot, with its tart, citric dimension, rosemary, with its cooling, camphoraceous slant, and star anise, with its smoky licorice. This burst of freshness is fleeting, and the refreshing opening transitions rather quickly to the waiting middle. Here, in the herbal heart, a mixture of clean lavender imparts its soapiness, invigorating clove provides a slight smokiness, and crisp, geranium leaf bestows its lemony greeness. This barbershoppy concoction meanders to the awaiting base. A robust medley of earthy and musty patchouli, lemongrass-like greeness and clumped dirt from vetiver, as well as waxy and faintly smoky guiacwood commingle to present a sensual and somewhat dark drydown. This masculine composition has average projection, basically a skin-scent, and good longevity, 7-10 hours. Conjuring an illusion of shaving cream, this wonderfully original and unique scent should be had!

&

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your reply and advice. I have decided to go with Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent and Guerlain Homme as I can get both of them from FragranceNet.com delivered to Australia from US for the same price as only ordering one locally. I hope over time I can refine my senses and fit in quite nicely here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your advice. I have decided to get the Rive Gauche and Guerlain Homme seeing as I can buy them from it from the US and ship to here for the same price as only buying one locally.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get to the CBD first, to test some of these out, I'd actually go for Bleu de Chanel. RG is great, but if your in a hot regional area then I think you're more likely to get more wear from Bleu. RG not great on properly hot and humid days.
    I can't comment on Guerlain Homme as I haven't tried it.

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche (which I like) does have a passing resemblance to Brut.
    Disclaimer: idk lol

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately for the next few months I am limited to only online until I get some time off work to make it to the CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    RG not great on properly hot and humid days.
    I am very new to this. What makes it not so great on hotter days? Does it not last as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Rive Gauche (which I like) does have a passing resemblance to Brut.
    I read that which is why I wanted to give it a go.

Once again thank you all for the valued information

Rive Gauche is one of my absolute favourites but I also feel that it is a bit too heavy for hot humid days so I only reserve it for the colder months. This is what I tend to wear in hotter climate:

Love & Luck
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Kenzo PH
    YSL L'homme

I also recommend Bleu de Chanel. It's a very well-made scent with mass appeal, and it smells great in warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for tips on the Rive Gauche. I shall keep this in mind for when the weather cools down a bit. As for the Bleu de Chanel right now I have been looking around the net and it seems to be either out of stock or double to triple the price of the other scents listed. Is it worth around $150 when I can get others for around $45-$65 including postage?

Quote Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
    Thanks for tips on the Rive Gauche. I shall keep this in mind for when the weather cools down a bit. As for the Bleu de Chanel right now I have been looking around the net and it seems to be either out of stock or double to triple the price of the other scents listed. Is it worth around $150 when I can get others for around $45-$65 including postage?
    No, that's way too much. It's a very popular scent and Chanel has a pretty tight grip on the distribution channels for their fragrance. I would suggest waiting until fragrance.net or someone else gets it in stock, or until you can take time off to pick it up locally. It's a good scent but no point paying an arm and a leg for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche is amazing in the heat. Really comes alive when you sweat and makes you smell very clean.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I really look forward to trying some of these out.

Post Thanks / Like

For the heat I recommend: Acqua Di Gio
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock