Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I Bought February

Surprise early purchase from me.

SpaceNK have ongoing sale and had a quick look online to find the L'Artisan and Comme des Garcons all half price.
    So a bottle of Daphne for me, plus I had a 10 incentive so got it for 35. Very pleased.
    DONNA

Default Re: Today I Bought February

Bitten the bullet and bought La Dandy by Perfumes D'Orsay. Sample almost used up and couldn't face not wearing it again. Must have a look at SpaceNK reading above.... Oh dear

Micallef Jewel for Him
    Micallef Steel Water
    Bottega Veneta
    Mauboussin M Generation

Wrong post

Guerlainista

I got my first zebra box Guerlain - a 1/4 oz Shalimar Extrait! It probably won't be my last.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I got my first zebra box Guerlain - a 1/4 oz Shalimar Extrait! It probably won't be my last.

^ That's the real stuff, isn't it?! Congrats!

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    ^ That's the real stuff, isn't it?! Congrats!
    Thank you, oh Grand one! It is . . . my precioussssssss

I have been testing and sampling like mad and finally pulled the trigger on my first frag purchase in years. I'm obviously new. I have tons to learn. But I'm pretty sure I made a good choice, and I have a new favorite scent: Acqua di Parma Profumo. It makes me feel confident, desirable and pampered. Ahhhh.....

And it came with samples, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to have Bottega Veneto, too.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RingER View Post
    I have been testing and sampling like mad and finally pulled the trigger on my first frag purchase in years. I'm obviously new. I have tons to learn. But I'm pretty sure I made a good choice, and I have a new favorite scent: Acqua di Parma Profumo. It makes me feel confident, desirable and pampered. Ahhhh....
    That is a fantastic chypre, you have good taste RingER. Welcome to Basenotes.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I finally replenished my stock on Lolita Lempicka! Oh how I missed thee. I am basking in the loveliness of this scent that is close to my heart and my sweet tooth.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Plus

welcome ringER!

oh my rubegon, that Shalimar is a beaty....yep.

Rescued an unloved bottle of L' artisan Traversee au Bosphore tonight.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I bought Les Miniatures from Lancome.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Just bought online at a good price Annick Goutal Ce Soir ou Jamais edp. I have only ever sniffed the edt before but as I always go for the edp jumped at it.
    DONNA

Welcome to Basenotes RingER!!!
    I went to the Dollar Tree today and purchased 2 more bottles of Horizon!!!
    One Dollar per 1.7 Splash EdT!!! Amazing!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

Turtle Vetiver Front 4 pk of 2.5 ml atomizer samples by Les Nez

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

Today I bought Colette by Tocca for my wife.

Basenotes Plus

I bought on eBay some MaGriffe talcum powder and a lot of 4 miscellaneous scents that I don't really remember bidding on (LOL!).
    A Scent Rescuer

50 ml of EDP Cinnabar by Estee Lauder.

Smile Re: Today I Bought February

Just splashed out on some N'Aimez Que Moi Extrait, which I'll split with a good friend. Thank you, Donna and Larimar, for turning me on to splits! My credit card may regret it, but I won't. I do think that with Caron's reformulated EdP's these days, extraits are the way to go.

I am happy you got N'Aimez que Moi Extrait! So beautiful and luxurious! Big congratulations, redrose!

Thank you, Larimar! Yes, it's a wonderful scent and I love it! And I wouldn't have known about splits except for your advice!

I ordered Charogne by ELdO using my discount voucher from the samples pack on Escentual. Fell in love with that skanky lily top and soft but fizzy ginger vanilla dry down. Gorgeous!

Tom Ford Black Violet 1.7oz NIB from the 'Bay. First thing I did this morning. I knew it was gonna be a great day

Guerlainista

Because I couldn't stop with just 1/4 oz of vintage Shalimar ...

I knew it...

Congratulations!

Basenotes Plus

My recent purchase of 50 ml of L' Artisan Traversee du Bosphore arrived today. I think I got a good deal for $68 and free shipping. This is actually my only fb purchase in that line, partly because it's EDP. Everything else they make just goes *pouf* on me.

Also in todays mail was 75 ml of Theo Fennell Scent EDT (definately can't wear THAT one to work) and an older RogeR&Gallet cologne Marque Noir (great citrus). Ordered but not yet delivered are a backup 100 ml bottle of Bulgari au The Rouge, and an unsniffed Les Parfums de Rosine Clair Matin. I've liked everything I've smelled by that house, so am adding them as I see bargains.

yep- been going a little bonkers lately.
    A Scent Rescuer

knit at nite, isn't Traversee du Phosphore amazing? So complex, so intricate. And that is a wonderful deal.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

It IS GREAT! And I feel good that I rescued it from being unloved too
    A Scent Rescuer

Don't laugh but I bought discontinued AVON Millenia 50 ml bottle. Those who know it maybe agree with me that it was a very lovely warm scent.

Guerlainista

I knew it...

Congratulations!
    Thanks, Larimar! Let me say, you were absolutely right about the vintage. I thought the current formulation is gorgeous, but the vintage stuff even better. It doesn't show its age at all, or maybe it improves with age?

Now I just need one of those enormous 125 ml bottles!

This is the most beautiful bottle of the world, i have 3 of them (1/4, 1/2 and 1oz), filled with vintage juice, off course.

9x Angel Men Taste of Fragrance Chilli by Thierry Mugler 3.4oz

Alien Taste of Fragrance Caramel by Thierry Mugler 1oz

2x Horizon by Guy Laroche 1.7oz

Spicy for Him by M Micallef 1.7oz

Brut Classic Cologne by Faberge 3oz

Brut Grooming (deodorant, after shave, shaving cream)
    Last edited by d4N13L; 10th February 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    oh my rubegon, that Shalimar is a beaty....yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    This is the most beautiful bottle of the world, i have 3 of them (1/4, 1/2 and 1oz), filled with vintage juice, off course.
    Knit at Nite - sorry, I missed your comment before.

I agree with you both, of course. Shalimar parfum bottles are beautiful, precious little things - I have the umbrella and the classic fountain. I'd love to find one of those rosebud stopper bottles, now.

Following rubegon's example, I also purchased my first zebra box Shalimar extrait. It was mikeperez who turned me onto it...I have been savoring my sample and found a 1/2 oz bottle on ebay...arrived in today's post.

It's so lovely, still sealed, I am not sure when, how and under what conditions I should open it. Any suggestions?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Also today in the post was my lovely decant from Kron, Mona Di Orio's Musc. This was a blind purchase for me and I'm quite satisfied. Soft, clean and suede like in texture, the heliotrope is center stage for me. Though I prefer a bit more skank to my musk, this is a comforting, powdery easy to wear fragrance. It makes me think of L'eau d'Hiver brushed with a bit of L'Heure Bleu.
    Lillybelle described it as a bit boring, frankly, sometimes that does me just fine! Mellow, comforting, snuggly, sweet but not overly so.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

Following rubegon's example, I also purchased my first zebra box Shalimar extrait. It was mikeperez who turned me onto it...I have been savoring my sample and found a 1/2 oz bottle on ebay...arrived in today's post.

It's so lovely, still sealed, I am not sure when, how and under what conditions I should open it. Any suggestions?
    Congratulations, rtamara - it's a beauty! I know how you feel. I can't wait to untie the string and pop out that stopper for the first time, but can't bring myself to do it. I feel torn, but at least I have the little umbrella bottle to enjoy for now.

Sur la Plage

Nasomatto Duro

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Received yesterday - a set of ten Czech&Speake samples.

Chant d'Aromes EDT (Guerlain)

This just turned up here and I want to spend some quality time with it. As these Guerlains gradually fade into oblivion (the Parfum is gone, of course) I am making an effort to pick up anything that might at least hearken back to what came before and have one in the collection.

Congratulations. Nothing beats vintage Shalimar.

Oh I am on a roll this month Diane edp by Diane Von Furstenberg which has just been released here in the UK.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

No prizes for guessing who has been to Harrods today.

I put in a sample order to LuckyScent (2)Tea for two,(1-of everything else)Mure et musc,CDG Daphne,Dzhonga ,Zeta and I can't remember if there was anything else.
    On ebay I bid and won a 80% full Ralph Lauren Tuxedo half ounce edt or edc .
    Fragrance Omnivore

Serge Lutens Un Lys, 50 ml and Les Parfuns de Rosine Rose Praline, 100 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Opium vintage EDT and Opium Secret de Parfum. I think that completes my Opium collection finally. Heading back into the land of niche

Bottega Veneta

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

You did it, E.! Why oh why have I chickened out, back in Europe? Now we don't even have stores selling it here. Dang.

I'm not sure I'll be keeping the Bottega Veneta, Wolfie. It really was quite unique and beautiful at first, but that phase didn't last long enough, and then it reminded me too much of a few other fragrances I have with much better longevity...and depth. It went from gorgeously rich and elegant to pale and wan in about twenty minutes. I gave it a full-wearing last night and it frustrated then bored me, so I think it might have to go back ...but I do have a bit of the sample left, so I won't be too hasty. You never know how something will strike you a bit later, under different circumstances. (My one wearing was from a sample actually, so I haven't even opened the box yet. I'm so glad I was cautious now, but that is highly unusual for me - I usually want to get right to the bottle so I can spray with abandon, lol!)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

That's a great policy about a sample with the FB purchase.

So many of them are just like this -- you are promised a masterpiece and feel it at first sniff, and then Puphphph! -- and the magic is gone.

Good you know what you want.

Pre spring green quest, I've hit the EL website and ordered Azuree and Alliage. Neither were pricey and on recent revs and reviews still stand up in their possibly reformulated states. Giddy as. Fish at being reunited with two such old and valued friends

One that I have recently road tested and fell in love with, as did Mr Addicted.......SL Un Bois Vanille. Took advantage of the extra 15% off on Parfum1. Happy Valentines Day to Me! Last of my more cooler weather oriented frag purchases. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Basenotes Institution

Lovely purchases !

I bought Royal Muska by M Micallef today and IF by Apothia .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

Frapin 1270

Notes include exotic woods, spice, raisin, vine flowers, pepper, candied orange, nut, hazelnut, prune, cocoa, coffee, leather, woods, white honey and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Woo hoo the ELs arrived! Can't wait to become reacquainted with Alliage and Azuree

OMG! I Am So Happy Woo Hoo

I bought an early 80s vintage bottle of Givenchy III. Possibly it's most beautiful incarnation.

*Dancing round like a loon*

How can something so ephermeral make me so very happy.

I finally got my long wanted back-up of L'Heure Bleue PdT and I'm very excited about it. This concludes my ongoing backing up of L'Heure Bleue in my preferred vintage form (EdP and PdT) after my discovery of the latest dreadful reformulation of L'Heure Bleue Extrait last summer.

Basenotes Institution

I finally got my long wanted back-up of L'Heure Bleue PdT and I'm very excited about it. This concludes my ongoing backing up of L'Heure Bleue in my preferred vintage form (EdP and PdT) after my discovery of the latest dreadful reformulation of L'Heure Bleue Extrait last summer.
    The PdT is the only one I own. It's wonderful. I like the vintage EdC also, but it's hard to find.

-- Jack Kerouac

Guerlainista

<jamming fingers in ears> Lalalalalalalala

Guys! Please please stop talking about vintage Guerlains! I have enough vintage addictions already!

Seriously, though - congratulations, Larimar! I love the LHB EDT and parfum I have, which are probably from before the latest reformulation. I'm torn about whether I should try to get some older juice, now...

I am loving zebra box Shalimar EDC, by the way. It kicks the ass of the current EDP, IMO.

Guerlainista

Speaking of which,

and also, I got this used vintage Tiffany for Men. Mike - I have you to blame for this one. It's excellent, by the way. Is the current formulation still good?

Ah yes, mike! I got a rather huge amount of the vintage EdC in a swap last summer. I would have never sprung for this concentration being 40-odd years old if I hadn't had the chance to sample it before. I was AMAZED how well preserved the florals were. Hehehe, rubegon! I'm picky about my florals being intact, so vintage is problematic with L'Heure Bleue. The EdP from the black-golden era is a stunner (maybe not terribly different from today's EdP -so far- ? I have never tried it.). The vintage EdP has compared to the PdT a 'brightness' and lacks the animalic weight. However, the PdT is much more wearable for me (because darker), if one does not overspray. This is definitely one of the few perfumes where a few shy spritzes produce big sillage, that's just how incredibly potent it is. I'm happy for you rubegon that you are on a roll with your zig zag Shalimars.... You can jam your fingers back into your ears now....lalalalalalalaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    OMG! I Am So Happy Woo Hoo

I bought an early 80s vintage bottle of Givenchy III. Possibly it's most beautiful incarnation.

*Dancing round like a loon*

How can something so ephermeral make me so very happy.
    This post made me smile! Isn't it grand? Happy for you!