Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Today I Bought February

I swore I would stay away from this thread for the whole year after my January purchases - I made it one month.

30 ml M. Michallef Gaiac
    15 ml Ava Luxe No. 23 (backup)
    5 ml parfume Ava Luxe No. 23

Continuing my fascination with the smooth woodies.

I bought Jo Malone London Blooms White Lilac and Rhubarb. I wore out my samples and decided I had to have it. It's so pretty and creamier than Malle's En Passant (my other lilac love). I usually ignore limited editions for fear I'll fall in love and not be able to replenish. This time I caved and I'm loving it.

Emma

I bought Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente. A blind buy in fact, got a 10% discount code for a site.
    DONNA

Another vintage Poison. EDT this time. Hope it's in good condition as it's a part bottle

Hermes hermessence gift set - 4 15ml travel sprays. I picked 2 santal massoia & 2 poivre samarcande.

Basenotes Plus

Molinard Fleur De Figuier Edt Spray
    Privilege Edt Spray 3.4 oz
    Berdoues Vetiver Edc 6.6 oz
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

February, a short month, has been been big on fragrance! Today I bought Kiss Him cologne (by KISS) from Big Lots for five dollars to round out my other, more pricey purchases this month. Gotta have some junk for dessert.

It's actually not that bad (I don't get BO at all like some reviews say)- reminds me a little of Diesel. I may give it to my boyfriend as a gag gift- the perfect scent for someone who loves hair metal but cares little for fragrance.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Basenotes Institution

Shock horror - I didn't buy perfume but I did get 2 large bottles of Kai body wash . I am kind of addicted to this in the shower.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks to all the great reviews and some of the forum threads, I have started to find my own personal likes/dislikes in this immense overwhelming world of which I have extremely limited experience. Since I love Acqua di Parma Profumo, and Lancome Magie Noire, I am trying to explore similar scents. So I just received my latest samples from Posh Peasant today and can't wait to start trying.
    Dior Dioressence edp 5ml
    Givency III vintage EDT 5 ml
    Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps dUne Fete 2.5 ml
    Chanel No. 19 Vintage edt 1.5 ml
    Ormonde Jayne Woman 2.5ml
    Hermes 24 Faubourg 5ml
    Creed Irisia 2.5ml
    Teo Cabanel Alahine

Earlier in the month I purchased Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile, Guerlain Samsara EDT and Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil. Also multiple other samples, including Chanel Coromandel which I think about WAY too much... I am seriously obsessing about this one, and am going to have to get a bottle soon to quiet this deep yearning.

Just 2 months ago, I had only ever worn maybe 10 fragrances in my entire life. I am not sure what started me on this new hobby. I am keeping my own reviews, but am a bit insecure about posting my impressions as I really don't know "notes", but do have strong opinions on what I like to smell.

Parfums de Nicolai Kiss Me Tender is on its way.

The Myrrhe Argente arrived and its gorgeous!!
    DONNA

Mikeperez, I do like it as much as Shalimar Light which I bought a few years ago, and this one is much cheaper. It's very similar, projects well, and has a lot staying power. I agree that's it soft and comforting, while sunny and fairly lightweight. I really love it and enjoyed the heck out of wearing it yesterday. I don't remember Shalimar Light having projected as well; if I remember, it may have been richer and creamier, but it didn't seem to project much. Of course, it's been awhile. And I think I'd broken the sprayer by trying to pull off the twist cap. It sprayed in a stream instead of a mist, which could have affected projection.

This has been a most fragrant and exciting month for me, but now that I've exhausted my budget, I'll have to slow down a bit!

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I bought a bottle of Elixir des Merveilles as a birthday gift for my mom. I was wearing it one day while I was visiting her and she loved it! I hope she'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Darn it, Frangipane by Chantecaille and that lovely frangipane top note just about does me in ....even after long testing and after my snarky little review on the sample thread . I have decided to do an even longer testing so I got a whole bunch of samples of The 'Bay to wear ..........
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I went to my Nordstroms today and purchased Spice Bomb by Viktor & Rolf!!!
    Gary

I sold my bottle of Noir Epices, and used the money to buy another 30ml tester of older l'heure bleue (parfum) as a backup.

Yippee!

Congrats to Mr. G. Squirrel!!

^ Thank you As for the 'squirrel' Beiname - what's that saying ? Oh yes "It takes one to know one" hehehe.

:-P