Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Jasmine Bumpers your destiny calls you

If you feel either Nasomatto Nuda or Bruno Acampora Jasmin T deserves a directory listing for either praise or eternal damnation vote with your boots by tromping over to the missing fragrance list and leaving your comment either good or bad at the appropriate thread.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Jasmine Bumpers your destiny calls you

As you probably know, l have already recently bumped those threads, as l believe that both are wonderful fragrances that deserve a place here!

By the way, when l sampled the Bruno Acampora one, it was simply called Jasmin. ls Jasmin T a different fragrance?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you so much for the bump dear girl. As to the Jasmin / Jasmin T question I can tell you what I know and what I believe but please remember at all times that I don't always know what I'm talking about. My sample was from Luckyscent.com. I ordered "Jasmin". I received an official Bruno Acampora sample bottle just like the one shown on the Lucky Scent website which is labeled "Jasmin" except that my sample was labeled "Jasmin T". On the Bruno Acampora website the seven "essences" are Jasmin, Seplasia, Sballo, etc. etc. but the seven Eau de Parfum Sprays (aka Eau de Bruno (how cute)) are named Jasmin T, Seplasia, Sballo, etc. etc.. In other words the only name that differs between the essences and the eau de parfum spray is Jasmin / Jasmin T. Are you following any of this? To make a long story short if that is still possible I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Jasmin T is just the new name for the old Jasmin. So that's what I believe for the time being. I'm guessing the renaming had to do with "Jasmin" being so common. The other essence with a T affixed, "Prima T", may also be the result of Prima being so common. What does the "T" stand for? Typically Italian?

Blog Entries

Thanks Dernier_Cri. l was not aware of the existence of EDP sprays in the Acampora line, & looking at the Luckyscent site they don't seem to be listed there, so "the plot thickens", as they say.

As for what the "T" means, l tried to think of an amusing answer, but it's still a little early in the day for me!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Nuda gets no love around here, despite being a really solid jasmine fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I agree. Nuda looks like a tough sell at this time.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Nuda is a fantastic jasmine fragrance. I was crazy about it for some time. ( Hugs Suga ! )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

T simply stands for "Teresina", the fantastic lady who worked for many years at ESCO (Essence Company), side by side with Mr. Gianni Varon and later on with my father at Bruno Acampora Profumi. She was simply a hard working, tough professional, who spent a lifetime blending perfumes, as she was deeply in love with them. Back in 2007, when I had not seen Teresina for well over ten years, I got in touch with her daughter who told me that Teresina - in her nineties, I think - was still in good shape and living in Milan. I wanted to meet her again and introduce my wife Sonia to her, so we went to Milan and spent a full day with Teresina. She was in fact still a smart lady, who kept her mind sharp and her body fit for her age. It was obviously a day full of memories and, of course, we spoke a lot about perfumes, blending techniques, the best kinds of ingredients to be used, ageing, smelling and so forth. I had brought a full set of samples of different batches of our seven scents with me and Teresina wanted to smell them all: over and over, for hours and hours, I even had to go and look around Milan for some smelling strips (stealing them from close by perfumeries) because the ones I had brought with me were not enough....but the end result was very helpful, Teresina gave us many small tips, but she was generally very impressed with the scents, which she had not smelled for at least ten years. We really did pass the test...well almost: Jasmin, the 'old' Jasmin, according to Teresina, had something which was not quite perfect. As she was smelling her Jasmine's strips, with astonishing power, we were reviewing the formulas: basic ingredients, middle basis, intermediate compounds; question after question, she eventually decided that we should slightly modify one single ingredient, just one, switching to its edible natural version rather than the basic commercial perfumery format. This, according to Teresina, was going to make the new Jasmin much 'rounder', smoother than the original one, of course at a price. It took us more than one year to actually find the revised ingredient, which was not only very expensive and difficult to get, but its introduction also imposed to rebalance the entire formula. We experimented a bit with it and finally had to agree that the new Jasmin was a superior product, especially after a few hours of wearing, as it proved to be longer lasting and more compatible with a broader range of skins. So we now had to resubmit our full administrative papers to the competent authorities to market the new Jasmin, with its revised formula and its new name: a 'T' was added after its name, in loving memory of Teresina who, sadly, did not see her last contribution to Bruno Acampora. We owe a lot to this charming lady and both Sonia and myself feel that Jasmin T is now a real masterpiece.

PS: Funny enough, we do not know what the T after Prima stands for, as it was already there. There were rumours, but we have no true evidence and, in any case, we feel that Prima T has nothing to do with Teresina's initials

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Acampora.P View Post
    T simply stands for "Teresina", the fantastic lady who worked for many years at ESCO (Essence Company), side by side with Mr. Gianni Varon and later on with my father at Bruno Acampora Profumi. She was simply a hard working, tough professional, who spent a lifetime blending perfumes, as she was deeply in love with them. Back in 2007, when I had not seen Teresina for well over ten years, I got in touch with her daughter who told me that Teresina - in her nineties, I think - was still in good shape and living in Milan. I wanted to meet her again and introduce my wife Sonia to her, so we went to Milan and spent a full day with Teresina. She was in fact still a smart lady, who kept her mind sharp and her body fit for her age. It was obviously a day full of memories and, of course, we spoke a lot about perfumes, blending techniques, the best kinds of ingredients to be used, ageing, smelling and so forth. I had brought a full set of samples of different batches of our seven scents with me and Teresina wanted to smell them all: over and over, for hours and hours, I even had to go and look around Milan for some smelling strips (stealing them from close by perfumeries) because the ones I had brought with me were not enough....but the end result was very helpful, Teresina gave us many small tips, but she was generally very impressed with the scents, which she had not smelled for at least ten years. We really did pass the test...well almost: Jasmin, the 'old' Jasmin, according to Teresina, had something which was not quite perfect. As she was smelling her Jasmine's strips, with astonishing power, we were reviewing the formulas: basic ingredients, middle basis, intermediate compounds; question after question, she eventually decided that we should slightly modify one single ingredient, just one, switching to its edible natural version rather than the basic commercial perfumery format. This, according to Teresina, was going to make the new Jasmin much 'rounder', smoother than the original one, of course at a price. It took us more than one year to actually find the revised ingredient, which was not only very expensive and difficult to get, but its introduction also imposed to rebalance the entire formula. We experimented a bit with it and finally had to agree that the new Jasmin was a superior product, especially after a few hours of wearing, as it proved to be longer lasting and more compatible with a broader range of skins. So we now had to resubmit our full administrative papers to the competent authorities to market the new Jasmin, with its revised formula and its new name: a 'T' was added after its name, in loving memory of Teresina who, sadly, did not see her last contribution to Bruno Acampora. We owe a lot to this charming lady and both Sonia and myself feel that Jasmin T is now a real masterpiece.

PS: Funny enough, we do not know what the T after Prima stands for, as it was already there. There were rumours, but we have no true evidence and, in any case, we feel that Prima T has nothing to do with Teresina's initials
    Thank you so very much for sharing this fascinating account ! Welcome to Basenotes .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Yes, thankyou for clearing this up, & welcome! Looks like l need to try the newer version.

And that's my 2000th post, woohoo!

Yes, that's a fascinating story! Thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!
    Congrats on your 2k post, teardrop!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Congrats on your 2k post, teardrop!
    Thanks Larimar!

By the way Acampora.P, can you tell us if Jasmin T or any of the other EDP versions will be available at Luckyscent anytime soon??

Awesome first post...I love pretty much any jasmine scent.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.