Code of Conduct

Question Thierry Mugler Pure Malt and New Zealand

Hi,

So during the last Thierry Mugler Pure Malt release, I snagged myself two fresh bottles with the intention of later selling them on eBay for a profit. They got here fine and when I listed them, they sold out in a matter of minutes. However, when I sent it out via international post, it was sent back to me marked as a 'dangerous liquid'.

I have two questions now, how do I send fragrances out of the country and does anyone want to buy two unopened bottles of Pure Malt

Cheers

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Pure Malt and New Zealand

When send a fragrance, on the description part of the custom form, just write sample cosmetics, so you have to lie, it is the only way it will be sent. It is one of the down sides in Living in NZ and OZ, it is just impossible for the honest man to send frags.

Thanks mate, I marked Pure Malt as 'cosmetics' but it was still returned for me for containing 'alcohol' :/ I tried to send out an Aventus as well and declared 'Creed Aventus' in the hopes that it would not raise and flags, and still nope. I am thinking as going as far as 'non-alcholic non-oil cosmetic' but that would probably go to far and have it seized instead of returned to me.

Kiwi customs officers must be very fierce, cuz here i just write cosmetic samples and done. Do you bubble wrap the bottle first and putting some of those little foamy balls in the package, cuz thats how i do it and i have never a package returned to me before. Buyers, swapper always acknowledge receipt. Good luck bro

I had a similar experience 5 years ago, tried sending a frag overseas. NZ customs sent it back to me with a nasty letter telling "hazardous goods" and "there won't be a next time". And yes, I lied in the declaration, not blatantly, but enough not to say "perfume" or "fragrance" - did not help.
    May be they use sniffer dogs? Who knows.

umm could be keen on a bottle of pure malt just depends on the price! let me know via PM how much you are looking for

Hey i am interested in the bottle if you still have one for sale? message me

Basenotes Member

PM me!