Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday, 2nd Feb., 2012

Good Morning All,

En Avion

Default Re: SotD Thursday, 2nd Feb., 2012

Great pic, G.!

Bring on the heat! Vintage Chergui again today. I applied a bit light-handed yesterday, so I splashed a handful on my chest and neck and rubbed it in. I can definitely smell myself now...

It's official - it has not been that cold in Vienna since 2000. Temps are still expected to go down in the next two days. The wind is inhumane. I was daydreaming about a winter residence for my 'old bones' on my commute today...

Best to all

Blog Entries

Vintage Mitsouko Pure Parfum.

Good morning!

Hello all. comme des garcons Quarzazate
    DONNA

Jeux de Peau
    Musc Nomade Annick Goutal

Good afternoon.

Cuiron.

for swap/sale:

Safran Troublant.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good morning everyone. Amber Sultan today.

Basenotes Plus

Take care in those freezing conditions, Larimar. I was talking earlier with a Polish girl in our coffee bar here. She just returned from visiting family over there and it was -26 when she left yesterday !.

SotD is Bond No 9 Silver Factory.

Hoping for a fully recovered Twolf today.

Good morning everyone Sotd for this sunny,but cold day ( and I've got a cold myself....so need something to cut through my stuffed nose ) is Samsara. Have a nice one all!

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

Notes include bergamot, pink pepper, cinnamon, vetiver, red pepper, tobacco accord, chili, saffron, leather, grapefruit and elemi.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hi all. 31 Rue Cambon today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

M7 Fresh this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Rousse

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Unusually mild weather here. Unfortunately we have thick fog this morning and super icy roads due to the
    rain we received a couple of days ago.

Sending get well wishes to Twolf and Ineespenes!

SotD is DKNY Delicious Night. With notes of pomelo, ginger, freesia,
    blackberry, martini, night orchid, jasmine, iris, amber, patchouli,
    vetiver, incense and myrrh.

Have a great day!

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm on vacation!!! I have a super busy day ahead though trying to get ready for our trip ... lots of errands and a pedicure later and then packing! I'm wearing Habanita today.

Feel better to all of those under the weather ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday, 2nd Feb., 2012

POUR UN HOMME
    by
    Ernest Daltroff

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Morning, gang. Get well wishes to those of you under the weather, and get warm wishes for those of you literally under the weather

Finishing my sample of VC&A Bois d'Iris today. It's happy haircut day, so the wild curls WILL BE tamed, and a little sunshine effect WILL BE evident My treat for February to myself. It's been too long.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Kinda funny -- Kiliwia and I find 36°F/0°C temps almost springlike. We have virtually no snow, and even 5°F/-15°C is cheerfully referred to as "above zero" around these parts. We've had highs in the 40s, so DH couldn't contain his spring fever and spent a good deal of his time outside yesterday killing invasive Buckthorn.

Evangeline, so you slightly prefer Melbourne to Milwaukee, eh?

Welcome, Délicate fleur.

Healing vibes all around for sappy sinuses, bruised bones, and tattered tails. (Twolf, you know I ail accutely of alliteration.)

Wearing Hové Rue Royale as I continue to rock my core wardrobe.

All politics aside, our president may be the best singer ever to occupy the Oval Office. Need to complete the song with Al Green.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is the warm, spiced creamy orange of Fendi Theorema.

Shades, have a good and safe trip.
    Welcome to Délicate Fleur, Starr.buck and all our new members.

Best to our sickies and to those dealing with frigid temps/icy roads -- stay safe! -- and a good day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone -

Trying to get back into a healthy routine today ...although my fragrance isn't so routine. I'm wearing something I haven't worn in years and years - CK's Eternity - for a long run. This smells so much like YSL's Paris to me, which shouldn't come as a surprise since Sophia Grojsman created both, but it's still shocking to me how very similar they are. Eternity is Paris, minus a bit of rose plus lots of squeaky clean soap - perfect for sweaty exercise.

Foustie - I was reading over some of the sotd threads I missed, and I just can't get over that you saw Cedric Watson in Scotland!! What a small world - I saw him here just a few days before I left for Australia! Isn't he incredible??

shades - enjoy your vacation! Sounds amazing!

Quarry - yes, I slightly prefer Melbourne to Milwaukee, lol ...but then I haven't been away from Milwaukee long enough to really start missing it, I'm sure.

Healing/warming/comforting hugs to those in need, or just anyone who'd like one!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

shadesofbleu - VA-CA-TION...yay! Have fun.
    petruccijc - how's the Spicebomb? I'm dying to try it.

Today for me it's:

Rume by Slumberhouse (from a sample - thanks K!)

This stuff is yummy! Sort of like Chergui but spicier and more culinary. Just delicious.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Dior Homme Vintage

Good morning (barely squeaking in as AM here on the east side of the new world.
    I won't mention our temperature - unless it would get all y'all in the cold places to come for a visit

Today Mure Et Musc Extreme. So lovely.

Sending sunny warm ~~~vibes~~~ to those who are cold. Be careful! Bundle up! And get well soon all our ailing Basnoters. Just think, February will go even more quickly than January, and before you know it, it will be spring.

I'm wearing EL Pleasures Exotic today.

Early Morning - Jaipur
    Now - Very Irresistible for men
    Tonight - Black Antlers
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Early Morning - Jaipur
    Now - Very Irresistible for men
    Tonight - Black Antlers
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Hello again gang! I is so nice to pop in when you are all here too.

Hello and welcome to our new friends! Nice to see you!

Evangeline *Gasp* I looooved Cedric Watson. But I must tell you this. It was a seated concert! Seated! In a formal concert venue. Try that when you are getting some zydeco!! He was the supporting act you see. I hope he comes back next year to a more suitable venue. I'm there. I would spring for a ticket for Barack Obama too.

Oh poor Wolfie, get better soon.

This evening....Bwah dez Eel

I adore you all, I really do.

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Shalimar

Undulating woods layered with dense vanilla;
    a chorus of amber throbs throughout.

Named for the gardens of Lahore,
    we are transported to ancient times of incense,
    golden veils and velvet pillows in a palace of beauty.

Exotic flowers grace the bodies of the fair maidens;
    luxuriating in the ancient oils and spices of their
    wondrous world.

Originally created by Jacques Guerlain in 1921-
    a classic soft amber (oriental) parfum with;
    Top notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin and rosewood,
    Heart notes of rose, jasmine, orris, patchouli and vetiver,
    Base notes of vanilla, benzoin, balsam of Peru and opoponax.
    Last edited by kumquat; 2nd February 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Healing vibes to all those ailing ~~~~~~~~~

Been in La Dandy from my sample again today. To my nose very similar to ELdO Putain des Palaces but better melded, a more accomplished composition to my nose. Thinking this is deffo worth a FB. My boss commented on how beautiful my office smelt today, so a compliment grabber too.

Back to the ELdO testers tonight/tomorrow. Wonder if I'll ever be brave enough to try Secretions Magnifique on my skin. Does anyone actualy own a FB and use it???

Slept 13 hours, with two short breaks. Everything feels instantly better. E., to answer your question from yesterday -- yes, he does. Besides, while you were gone we bought us a king-sized bed, everybody and their dog heard me yapping about it non-stop, sorry, guys.

Mikie, I am fixing to pilfer your "culinary" description if it is OK, Is it?

Gucci No.1 seems like a safe bet.

Alityke, please try to forget everything that you have heard about Secretions Magnifique and approach it objectively, then post your impressions....

Hi, gang! Welcome home, E! Twolf & Ineespenes, take good care of yourselves! Healing hugs to you both. Twolf, I did the same thing with that stomach virus I had. Just slept & slept and all of a sudden was instantly better. Your poor hard - working body must have needed a break.

Spiriteuese Double Vanille for the last time today. Nice scent but it's a sample I'll be sending along to another BNer. Don't need to drain this one.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Roma Uomo.

Violet Blonde
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    ...This evening....Bwah dez Eel....
    Yup, same here. Smellin' fine, Foustie!

Quarry - However impressive Obama's vocal talents are, they're surely no match for his predecessor's abilities as a percussionist and dancer:

America does indeed got talent

Be well, everyone.

That's enough Eternity - I'm in ELdO's Rossy de Palma for the afternoon.

Wolfie - a king-sized bed is just heavenly, and you two deserve a nice big nest - congratulations! Also, you smell divine! Gucci No1 has such a special place in my heart ...you wear it beautifully. ♥

Robin - Congratulations on your new job!! That's wonderful, and a huge relief, I'm sure! Good for you!

Evangeline *Gasp* I looooved Cedric Watson. But I must tell you this. It was a seated concert! Seated! In a formal concert venue. Try that when you are getting some zydeco!!
    Well, that's just crazy! Zydeco's for dancin', not sittin' 'n' listenin', lol! Were y'all all well-behaved or was there rampant two-steppin' in the aisles?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Alityke, please try to forget everything that you have heard about Secretions Magnifique and approach it objectively, then post your impressions....
    May be at the weekend Foustie just in case it makes people think I've committed murder/had an inappropriate liaison/haven't washed for days! I'll give it a chance but a sniff in the packet didn't inspire.... That said itll probably be the one I fall for

Hi all! Waiting for my friend and her darling baby boy to arrive, then we'll go to lunch. Wearing Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps D'Une Fete.

LOL @ Alityke. Better regret what is done than later regret what has not been done, I have heard.

SotD is Sweet Redemption from a sample!

Happy Thursday everyone...

This afternoon I sampled Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell cologne for the 2nd time, thanks to a very nice Basenoter. It's quite nectary-fruity in the beginning, which is ok but not what I was expecting for a wild bluebell. The drydown is nice but short lived, unfortunately.

And this evening I'm sampling Bois Plume edt by Esteban Parfums. This is cedary, slightly sweet/spicy (cinnamon) and very cozy, a type of rustic, pipe & slippers masculine-evocative fragrance that I really enjoy, yet sheer, modern and easy to wear.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the Malone isn't my idea of a bluebell either, Lilybelle. Nor is the Penhaligon's.

I have the English Bluebell absolute from CBIHP (not on website; bought at the CBIHP Gallery); to me it smells the best of the three, but it is primarily a skin scent and very soft.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Yeah, the Malone isn't my idea of a bluebell either, Lilybelle. Nor is the Penhaligon's.

I have the English Bluebell absolute from CBIHP (not on website; bought at the CBIHP Gallery); to me it smells the best of the three, but it is primarily a skin scent and very soft.
    The Penhaligon's one goes all clove monster on me. I love the bottle.

Horizon by Guy Laroche
    Gary

Oxford & Cambridge

Ubar
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My SotD is vintage Mentholatum. I think my jar is old enough to qualify!
    Hugs to my fellow cold sufferers. Stay warm out there, all!

Basenotes Plus

It was already an exemplary thread today with the duelling musical presidents, but Haunani's "Vintage Mentholatum" post sent it over the moon......LOL

Poor dear, feel better!

I am practically scentless today as I have only had on lotion form Bourbon French Perfume today in Eleftorea.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Trusted Mauboussin for the night.

Feel better, H.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    My SotD is vintage Mentholatum. I think my jar is old enough to qualify!
    Hugs to my fellow cold sufferers. Stay warm out there, all!

Lordy! Do I ever remember having my chest rubbed with this! Here's to your feeling better soon Haunani.

Finishing up the day in Aramis 900
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thanks for the kind wishes, knit, Twolf, and Mr. K! I really love the smell of Mentholatum. A secret vice, if you will. ;-)

Iris Ganache (Guerlain)