Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Is Aramis Havana all that good?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    It's alright, but it doesn't wow me. Spicy, versatile, not-too-heavy tobacco scent. There's a Miller Harris scent a lot like it.

I'm always rather amused how, a few years ago, when it was dicontinued, this seemed to be half the forum's holy grail, and people were paying serious coin for it. Then it came back, and miraculously, came back just as good, and now... hardly anyone talks about it anymore.

It's like the second coming happened and the church went "meh".
    Feuelles de tabac?

I've never tried Havana but I used to own Montana parfumerie d'homme red box. Feuelles is not spicy at all. Love it tho.

Interested if it another frag I've not tried..

It's alright, but it doesn't wow me. Spicy, versatile, not-too-heavy tobacco scent. There's a Miller Harris scent a lot like it.

I'm always rather amused how, a few years ago, when it was dicontinued, this seemed to be half the forum's holy grail, and people were paying serious coin for it. Then it came back, and miraculously, came back just as good, and now... hardly anyone talks about it anymore.

Feuelles de tabac?

I've never tried Havana but I used to own Montana parfumerie d'homme red box. Feuelles is not spicy at all. Love it tho.

Feuelles de tabac?

Feuelles de tabac?

I recently got samples of Havana, Spicebomb and Elixir de Mervielles as I'm looking for something new. Havana is the only one that I haven't been complimented on, but I find I really like it. My wife hates spicy '80s frags, but Havana seems to be OK with her, and after the top notes settle, it really feels smooth but masculine. I live in Houston, where it's steamy and summery most of the year, and I think I would get a lot of use out of it here.

I think havana is a masterpiece! bold, spicy, musculine and sexy... something that will have pple asking u what u are wearing. it is actually not available in singapore even with the release of the gentlemen's series. we only get the common ones like tuscany, new west, 900..etc i wonder if the ingredients are more difficult to source and they have limited supplies?

I found it good, but not awesome. For me it is a unisex scent, more toward to the feminine side. It is easy to wear; i donīt get tobacco much, actually i get little of it. I really wanted it to be more masculine... With the same idea and structure i would prefer Lalique lion. Donīt blame me, but i really found them similar, especially the heart notes. So, i would prefer buying Lion which is heavier and more dense but without tobacco and truly masculine.

Hrmm each to their own, I definitely don't think it leans to the feminine side though. I still enjoy wearing the scent particularly in the warmer weather. For the price I think its worth having in the collection but I would say its good not great, interestingly picked up Creed Tabarome recently and it kind of reminded me of this.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

i also can name some scents that ,for me, have the same "architecture". I like but donīt love them. Some are: Jaipur, Havana, Lalique Lion, Minotaure, Rochas Lui and Opium. Seems that was a trend in the past, in 90īs especially. I think if one likes any of that list, will like the others.

I find it ok, but it's nothing that I am going to add to my collection any time soon. I guess I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe I'll have to give it a few more tries.

Probably in my all time top ten list. In my humble opinion Havana is all that good and far more.