Code of Conduct

Default Lalique - Pour Homme VS Encre Noire VS White

I appreciate they're all probably completely different, but I want to buy at least one of these given all the positive reviews.

Based on my wardrobe and ratings, which do you think I should try? From reviews, i'm leaning towards White atm.

Any help appreciated!

PS is Pour Homme also known as Lion? Or is it a different fragrance?

Default Re: Lalique - Pour Homme VS Encre Noire VS White

are you referencing cdg white ?

Lalique White, not sure what CDG is?

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    are you referencing cdg white ?
    He's referring to Lalique White. Of the three I have pour Homme & Encre Noire, and prefer EN. I like White, but haven't decided to get a bottle.

Lalique pH is sometimes called Lion (referring to the Lion head engraving on the bottle) as there are also Lalique pH Equus & pH Le Faune. I prefer pH Equus than EN.

Quote Originally Posted by ElNino-7- View Post
    Lalique White, not sure what CDG is?
    Comme des Garcons.

Dependent

I love Encre Noire, much more so than Lalique PH.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Perhaps I am not the most suitable person to offer an opinion, because I have not tried Lalique White. That being said, I really love Lalique pour Homme. It is refered to as "the Lion" by some. I prefer the EDT concentration more than the EDP. Good stuff and a classic in style.

Encre Noire
    is nice, but I feel like it has something bothering me. It reminds me of Terre d'Hermes in that way. I know they don't smell alike, but what I am saying is that they both have something that bothers me and I don't like to wear it. But its not a big deal, because while the fragrance is decent, it is not that special to me. I do like Haitian Vetiver, but there are other scents I can get it from.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Lalique Pour Homme EDP

I own FBs of EN and White, and of the two I would definitely recommend EN - it's one of my all time favorite vetivers. White is nice, too, but much less distinctive and interesting than EN, I think.

I took a look at your wardrobe and I do not see White fit in there. White is a very standard citric cologne. EN would also be too dry for you. Probably Pour Homme is the one you are going to enjoy more.
    Now blogging about Christos for Men by Christopher Chronis http://wp.me/13WRd

Vintage Jacomo Eau Cendree available for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

Encre Noire
    is nice, but I feel like it has something bothering me. It reminds me of Terre d'Hermes in that way. I know they don't smell alike, but what I am saying is that they both have something that bothers me and I don't like to wear it. But its not a big deal, because while the fragrance is decent, it is not that special to me. I do like Haitian Vetiver, but there are other scents I can get it from.

'Cologney' Iso E Super bomb?

pour homme is the nastiest and most vile thing on the planet! definitely do not buy if you are a young person.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    pour homme is the nastiest and most vile thing on the planet! definitely do not buy if you are an annoying chronic poster who cannot appreciate a good fragrance and gets all upset over a blind buy that went wrong for him
    Fixed
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

encre noire, white gives me a slight headache

not listed eau de lalique for summer/spring
    for spring/fall encre noire
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I own Lalique PH Equus (EDP) It's a refined woody scent, underated IMO. I have also White, which is very different, defnlty unisex, fresh and nice if you want to play it nice but "low key" or subtil. I like both very much.

I literally had to JERK my head back from the scent strip because it smelled so bad.

Lalique White is a mysterious and very underrated citrus scent. Very versatile, and signature scent material. Encre Noire though is my favorite, but I don't wear it very often; pH is also nice, but a bit more "run of the mill" the dill note is a little interesting, but to my nose, smells like Ed Hardy's Love & Luck for the most part. Nothing really smells like EN or White. Well Sycomore smells a bit like EN, but is far more expensive. White is in a league of its own. It's on my wish list personally; not often will a citrus fragrance be on my wish list, but this one is deserving of it. Can't wait to get a bottle.

I actually picked up a bottle of White last week or so and I really, really like it. I was at my fave mom and pop fragrance shop and the owner was showing me lots of stuff-- and none of it was particularly impressive-- he slipped a strip of Lalique White under my nose and I was immediately a fan of it-- it's very heavy on nutmeg and pepper. One of my male colleagues liked it so much that he had to write it down so he could go buy a bottle.

I got a White giftset, and honestly, the deo stick that came with it is fantastic. I used it when going to the gym a few times and it did a great job of keeping me fresh and smelling good.

I also have Encre Noire and the one with the Lion on it and they're all good IMO. The Lion is a little sleezy and musky, but I like that sometimes.

I prefer Lalique PH EDP. Encre Noire may be a bit more interesting, but I feel PH is more pleasant. Never tried White.

Have you tried Lalique's PERLES? Tweedy chypre made up of rose, bourbon pepper and patchouli - although created for women, it is eminently wearable by men - very masculine.

I've En as well as White. I love both. Everybody is aware of En....White is a decent peppery fragrance layered with some creamy vibe. The only problem is its longevity. I enjoy it for 2-3 hour max then it goes very very close to skin..but if you look at the price then its a decent frag.