Code of Conduct

Default New Artisan parfumeur - Sville l'aube

This new fragrance will be released from July 2012 and it's another orange blossom scent (don't know if it's Duchaufour).

I smelled it once time, the start is a little bit hesperidic (cardamom is officialy listed) then it's a nice neroli/jasmine with a little bit of vanilia/amber in the base (but just what it needs);
    a nice alternative of the regretable "fleur d'oranger 2007", not so pure and beautiful but it still worth the snif !

Default Re: New Artisan parfumeur - Sville l'aube

Being an orange blossom fan, I will give it a try. Thanks for the pre-alert.

Thanks for the info.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

What does the name mean (in English)?

Your description, Mon-Petit, sounds like Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    What does the name mean (in English)?
    "Seville at Dawn" is how I read it. L'Aube = (the) dawn.

Yes it's Seville at dawn.
    Your description, Mon-Petit, sounds like Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia by Guerlain.
    Haven't smelled this AA, sorry.

Is it kind of a green orange .....?

Expect this to be something special.. some amazing people are involved with it.
    Check out my new blog http://www.NotableScents.net

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Duchaufour, is indeed, the nose for this fragrance. A scent that was actually inspired by Denyse from the blog, Grain de Musc. Story here: http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2012...ube-story.html

-- Jack Kerouac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Duchaufour, is indeed, the nose for this fragrance. A scent that was actually inspired by Denyse from the blog, Grain de Musc. Story here: http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2012...ube-story.html
    Extremely cool! Amazon.com is taking sign-ups to be alerted when her book becomes available in the US. And I put in a request for creation of a Kindle edition while I was at it (which would get it out sooner in America, too). I will definitely look into the book / fragrance pair. I'm a total sucker for this sort of thing!

Post Thanks / Like

mmm Orange Blossom it's indeed typical here in Seville... but I thought it smelled better at dusk...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, man! The fragrance sounds wonderful, and now I must have the book, too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Extremely cool! Amazon.com is taking sign-ups to be alerted when her book becomes available in the US. And I put in a request for creation of a Kindle edition while I was at it (which would get it out sooner in America, too). I will definitely look into the book / fragrance pair. I'm a total sucker for this sort of thing!
    Me too - I follow Grain de Musc and have been looking forward to this book. A perfume with a story, a story with a perfume, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    mmm Orange Blossom it's indeed typical here in Seville... but I thought it smelled better at dusk...
    Maybe it's the morning after...?
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Being an orange blossom fan, I will give it a try. Thanks for the pre-alert.
    Thanks from me as well!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to smell this. I'm a big Denyse of Grain de Musc fan and I love orange blossom too .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

I tested it on skin at the Bordeaux shop of l'AP yesterday, and I immediately fell for it. Very fine orange blossom, kind of green with some jasmine. It's an EdP, soft and delicate, but has a quite decent lasting power. Available in France at the end of July, I think I'll get it.
    Last edited by Astrud; 5th July 2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Mistakes

I got a bottle, definitivly a VERY good surprise.
    But it's wrote "limited edition" on the package

Orange blossom yes! Limited edition? Noooooo..
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, too bad it's a limited edition.
    Enjoy it, Mon-Petit, you're one of the few wearing Sville, but I predict that by the end of July, there will be MANY !

Thank you I'm fully enjoying it, for sure it's my best new summer scent this year.

Hope it will be soon available because it's beautiful in this season (heard a rumor for a september release )

Post Thanks / Like

Sville l'aube will be released at the end of July, at least in France, but other countries may have to wait until September.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astrud View Post
    Sville l'aube will be released at the end of July, at least in France, but other countries may have to wait until September.
    Thank goodness that I'm spending my holidays in France, next month!
    Denyse in person gave me a tiny squirt of it (and a mouillette that I jealously keep in my copy of The Perfume Lover) at Exsence, in Milan, last spring and I find it beautiful and addictive! My only concern is the size of the bottle- only 100 ml, they say- I definitely prefer smaller sizes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I read the book about a month ago. I really enjoyed it! I haven't smelled the fragrance yet, but I must, having read the story.

I'm doing a preview sample draw of Sville l'aube on Grain de Musc for people who've bought "The Perfume Lover"... http://bit.ly/Ldkn1E

And Bertrand Duchaufour and myself will be in London on July 24/25 to present the fragrance in L'Artisan Parfumeur's Covent Garden Market boutique. As space is limited, it's best to contact the boutique to book: we're having two sessions on the evening of the 24th and three more in the afternoon of the 25th. I hope to see you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else get the email invite to the Convent Garden shop for the launch event?

As I am in Belfast unfortunately not happening for me.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

105 € for a 100 ml bottle... Ouch
    It's more expensive than the other AP fragrances for the same countenance, if I'm not mistaken; besides most (if not all) of the AP fragrances exist in the 50ml format.
    Some will think about it twice before shelling out so much money, and that's probably what they want, make it exclusive, limited edition, etc. They know it will be a success anyway.
    Last edited by Astrud; 13th July 2012 at 08:59 PM.

It's a beautiful fragrance, dominated by orange blossom. It opens zesty, bitter and green. It develops darker on the skin, but I did expect it to be more heavy. It's not very sweet, but it feels spicy and roundes by the beeswax and tobacco etc. It really has character and depth, and definitely different from other orange blossoms. Perfect for hot summer nights. The contrast between white orange flowers and the dark mystery is interesting. It's a quite sensual fragrance The staying power isn't to good on my skin, as always with L'Artisan.
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried it. Foody mess.

Nothing really stands out in it -- flat, one-dimensional, derivative (Bois Farine and Timbuktu, mostly) on this skin. Nothing much of orange blossom, none of the lavender at all, the sharp and persistent beginning reminded me strongly of mint-licorice, but overall development was boring boring boring. Vanilla-like benzoin added warmth not depth, but was it really necessary for a fragrance to represent a cool start of a hot day?

Will not recommend. 2**.

Thanks to a nice BN friend who let me try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain lover your discription is on the spot! i also enjoyed the contrast between orange flowers and the more mystery depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Guerlain lover your discription is on the spot! i also enjoyed the contrast between orange flowers and the more mystery depth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

l just finished reading the book & found it a fascinating read; a wonderful story interspersed with lots of interesting historical information & fascinating characters. l recommend it to any "perfume lover". Unfortunately l can't make it to Covent Garden today, but l very much look forward to trying this perfume!
    To those who have tried it, how does the longevity compare with other L'Artisans? l have had issues with lack of longevity with them in the past.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Ya, L'artisan's longevity stinks from what I have tested. Drole De Rose..such a good scent but it's really a pity it doesn't last. Wouldn't spend the money on it. I don't know about this one though.

Foody mess? No orange blossom...mmm and mint? Idk about that. Licorice yes, mess...not so much. I still wanna try it though.
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

It was persistently boring on me, got good 5 hours of it and the elbow creases smelled even longer. Isn't it always like this: stuff you don't like lasts and lasts? LOL

I would say medium longevity, worse than Timbuktu or Dzonghka and better than many other L'Artisans.

I forgot about Dzing/Dzonghka..those seem to last ok from what I remember. Never tried Timbuktu though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Thank you I'm fully enjoying it, for sure it's my best new summer scent this year.

Hope it will be soon available because it's beautiful in this season (heard a rumor for a september release )
    I have been wearing it myself. To me the orange blossom/lavender/incense combination are all there. I like this one.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried this one yet....not sure if I will. Orange blossom is more my sister's thing than mine. L'Artisan's in general are working really, really well for me here in the midwest, uch more so than when I lived in the northeast.

I get wonderful longevity from Passage d'Enfer, Mure et Musc Extreme, Dzing!, Tea for Two, Timbuktu & Dzongkha. In general, I do not believe L'Artisans are particularly "known" for their longevity. Do you all agree?
    "Mom.now the kitten smells like Chamade!"

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I acquired a couple of mls of Sville L'Aube, and have worn it twice now.

I've seen it characterized as L'Artisan's new orange blossom soliflore, but for me it is not a soliflore. The orange blossom took second place to the incense and benzoin notes, which dominate throughout, and more so as the scent dries down.

I didn't find it indolic at all.

Although it's sweet if sniffed directly, it isn't so sweet as it wafts up. I noticed the orange blossom right away, and also a root beer note (I didn't just imagine that; my daughter took one whiff and said she smelled root beer. I've noticed this note with several other fragrances, including AdP Mandorlo di Sicilia and Hilde Soliani Conaffetto, the latter also being an orange blossom fragrance.)

The incense was there from the start, and a balsamic note, slightly creamy (the benzoin, I suppose.) It was a little smokey at first, but not as much as Avignon. I didn't get the lavender or beeswax.
    Edit: Maybe I didn't pick up on the lavender because of the different variety it is, according to the interview with Duchafour, see: http://www.basenotes.net/content/133...ville--l-aube
    When I try it again, I'll see if I can detect that.

For me this was basically an incense + orange blossom scent, emphasis on the incense. I didn't find this a "sexy" perfume, notwithstanding the backstory about the night in Seville that was its inspiration.

The scent lasted over 7 hours on my skin, but I got tired of the incense going on and on; in the end it became monotonous.

I will give it this: a little goes a long way. I just used one spray to the chest area.

My advice: Try before you buy, unless you are crazy about incense and don't have the opportunity to test it first (given that it's a limited edition.)
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 2nd August 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, 30R. Thanks a lot, you might save some people a few clams.

Post Thanks / Like

I attended the Duchaufour and Beaulieu talk in Covent Garden the other week.
    I enjoyed the opening (and we smelt the raw materials used including the Seville lavender which was extremely resinous like labdanum) - it was the unusual lavender and as 30 Roses says - an orange blossom quite devoid of the indoles which was surprising.
    Unfortunately on me the beeswax/incense create a myrrh like texture and all came out to quick on my skin. On paper the brightness from the beginning was very nice, but the quick straight-to-drydown accord that came out on my skin was unappealing, it wasn't any incense I was familiar with and the whole composition is extremely subtle.
    Having said that - others that were at the talk who tried it on their skin had a lot more luck than myself - it was amazing how different it was on different skin - don't blind buy!

Post Thanks / Like

...it reminds me of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women: anyone else the same experience...?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...it reminds me of Giorgio Beverly Hills for Women: anyone else the same experience...?
    That surprises me. I can't stand Giorgio and can smell it from a mile away; it actually gives me a sick headache. The sweetness in particular gags me.

Seville L'aub
    e doesn't remind me of it in any way, and although I don't wish to wear it, it doesn't repel me the way Giorgio does.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a tricky one indeed.

I have been sampling it several times over the past month. I keep Trying To Like It. I hate it when I do that, but sometimes it happens - the back story, the perfumer, the line...I love them all. So I keep trying it hoping that it will click. Sometimes Duchaufour scents are like this (I detested Dzonghka the first time I smelled it, now I love it...same for many others). However this one just rubs me the wrong way.

I think it is very strong and very orange blossom prominent on my skin. And, unlike 30 Roses, it is extremely indolic on me - I smell very unwashed when I wear it. Now I am totally okay with smelling unwashed or skanky, I love many scents like this, but I don't like this scent so the 'dirtiness' just adds to the overall annoyance.

(sigh)

-- Jack Kerouac