Code of Conduct

Default Article: Collecting Miniature Perfume Bottles

queen of the universe

I love MPS! Got wearable minis of Miss Balmain and Cialenga. There's something so winsome, too, about those tiny bottles. And, yes, being able to sniff the empty is one way to hold onto a beloved discontinues frag.

Great article! I have some minis of Lentheric Onyx from the 1960s, when my father gave them to me.

This was a wonderful read. I wish I thought of collecting minis long ago just for the space savings alone! Your "reaching back in time" analogy really resonates with me. It reminds me of why I fell in love with fragrances in the first place.
    Last edited by loungeboy; 7th February 2012 at 05:56 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Yes, a wonderful read! I have very few minis but that genre will be getting a lot more respect in my collection from now on.

Default Re: Article: Collecting Miniature Perfume Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    This was a wonderful read. I wish I thought of collecting minis long ago just for the space savings alone! Your "reading back in time" analogy really resonates with me. It reminds me of why I fell in love with fragrances in the first place.
    There are no bad reasons and it is NEVER too late to start collecting miniature perfume bottles. Not only are they adorable and affordable, but as Lila discovered, both the bottle and juice are actually mini time machines fully capable of transporting us back to another time and place.

Default Re: Article: Collecting Miniature Perfume Bottles

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Yes, a wonderful read! I have very few minis but that genre will be getting a lot more respect in my collection from now on.
    I smiled as soon as I read your use of the word "respect" when referring to minis in your collection. Personally, I feel that for far too long miniature perfume bottles have been "the Rodney Dangerfield of perfume bottle collecting." (They get no respect!) Together, we can fix that! ;~>)