Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Fragrancenet

Maybe my question doesn`t belong here, but I`ve been wondering if those two are in fact the same store?

What do you mean?
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: Fragrancenet/Fragrancex - the same store???

Eva- Fragrancenet is in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York. Fragrancex is in Long Island City, New York. They are about 40 miles apart. Unless someone knows different, I do not think they are connected.

Thanks, Stu!

Guess you are right, I just thought I saw so many similarities in lay out, prices, what they have in stock, etc...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I don't think so, either. I think someone has mentioned before that FragranceX sends samples along with the orders; Fragrancenet has never sent me samples.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyandco
    I don't think so, either. I think someone has mentioned before that FragranceX sends samples along with the orders; Fragrancenet has never sent me samples.
    Ive never got any samples from fragrancex with my orders, but perhaps they do it when they dont ship overseas. I like their prices sometimes. Ive never ordered from fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinterdroppe
    [quote author=tiffanyandco link=1150302841/0#3 date=1150333408]I don't think so, either. I think someone has mentioned before that FragranceX sends samples along with the orders; Fragrancenet has never sent me samples.
    Ive never got any samples from fragrancex with my orders, but perhaps they do it when they dont ship overseas. I like their prices sometimes. Ive never ordered from fragrancenet.[/quote]

According to the customer testimonial from Andree W., he got samples AND candy!!!

http://www.fragrancex.com/customerse...timonials.html

I'm going to have to order from this place...

As far as Fragrance X is concerned...great site, great selection, great prices, fast delivery....no samples or candy...could that fellow have been mistaken? But who cares when all other forms of service are of top notch quality?

I bought something from both places last month and no samples from either. Imaginationperfumery.com gives nice samples, Perfumebay.com gives same thing over and over. never got samples from Scentiments.com or parfum1.com either.

They're competitors I have asked Frag...net about 5 months ago.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Apart from other differences, if you actually click on the links to order fragrances, you'll see that about 2/3 of FragranceX's listing are unavailable and have basically been unavailable forever, whereas Fragrancenet maintains a healthy full list of available fragrances all the time.

Fragrancenet.com always has most of its listings in stock and anything you find that isn't in stock is part of their recent attempt to increasing their listings. Fragrancenet regularly gets most of the stuff that is currently out of stock (a very small percentage of its overall listings compared to FragranceX) back in stock, whereas FragranceX will not. With FragranceX, I have been disappointed so many times in the past when I went to purchase something only to find out it's not in stock that I don't ever visit their website anymore. There's no point. Whatever I am looking for is out of stock.

Case in point: Click on the following two links to see what I am getting at:

http://www.fragrancex.com/cologne-c-...l-for-men.html

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

This experience is repeated ad infinitum when trying to track down fragrances on their website.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 14th July 2006 at 05:03 PM.

Being in the Fragrance industry i find that 50% of the industry is in Long Island NY

Default Fragrancenet.com

Anyone from Canada ever made a purchase from fragrancenet.com? I am seriously considering purchasing something but am not sure about their reputation and how much if any duty will I get charged. Their website says the duty and taxes are included in the shipping costs.
    Last edited by chanellove; 24th September 2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: wrong website posted

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com

I haven't shopped there, yet, but if you sign up and give them your email address, they'll send you a 10% off coupon. Every little bit helps, I just got mine this morning. Still thinking about it...

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com

Can't answer your question about duty etc. but CAN say that I buy from them often and they are TERRIF-KICK! Good prices - SWIFT service. So is FragranceX. I'm sure other BNers will have other suggestions too!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Default Fragrancenet - payment delay - upped price due to currency exchange rates

Recently I placed an order with fragrancenet, as I was under the impression that they are a very reliably company. I think I should have gone with my gut instinct and just not used them at all from the very beginning. Even their ordering form has a problem for International buyers - when entering your state you may only enter two characters, wheras mine is made up of 3!

That aside, I encountered a problem when I went to send payment. I don't have a credit card at the moment, so I had recently set up my bank account with my Paypal account. I soon discovered that they don't accept Echeques (paying directly from bank account), and so I had to place the money into my Paypal balance which took a week. I sent an email to them notifying them of the delay, and asked if they could make an exception to the echeques thing as this was quite urgent. I also asked them to fix my State in the shipping details. No response.

A week later my money had finally gone into my paypal balance. The order was about $78 AUD and I'd put in $80. It was when I finally went to pay that I had a nasty shock! Apparently I still didn't have enough money in my balance! What the heck was going on?!

What had happened is that despite ordering on the site in AUD, the paypal payment form puts the cost is US dollars. In the week it took me to place my money into my paypal balance, the currency exchange rate between the US and Australian dollar went up, meaning that my order is now $82. I find this completely unfair!! It seems very cruel that I now have to pay more just because I was forced to delay payment. It should stay the exact amount (in Australian dollars) that it was when I placed the order. I've sent an email, and am hoping to hear from them soon.

Thanks for allowing me to let off some steam. Has anyone else ever encountered a similar problem?

Default Re: Fragrancenet - payment delay - upped price due to currency exchange rates

Sorry to hear about that. You're not alone.

I had a similar problem with a website in the UK several years ago. I ordered a product and after a couple weeks of waiting and emailing with no response, they finally responded and said the product was out of stock. I asked for a refund. I was refunded around $2 less because between the time I placed my order and asked for a refund, the exchange rate had changed. So, I ended up paying a credit card fee for a foreign transaction AND $2 for the priviledge of allowing the UK company to hold some of my money for a couple weeks - and they wouldn't refund the evaporated $2.

Default Re: Fragrancenet - payment delay - upped price due to currency exchange rates

So I'm not alone in this! Sorry to hear about your experience, MadScientist. It seems you paid $4 for a big headache.

I've given up on Frangrancenet. I sent them an email 4 days ago about the problem with payment. Even if they disagreed with my complaints they should have sent me SOME sort of reply in the very least. Nope, nothing, nada. I can't believe that they would take so long with communication like this. I had assumed they were a really reliable company.

In the end, I found an Australian online store (scentuality.com.au) that was selling the fragrance I wanted for $80, which was only $10 more than fragrancenet. I've spoken to the owner before and she's a really lovely lady, so I think I'll have a safe transaction with them. In the end I paid about $8 more than I would have with fragrancenet, but at least I'll get this in time for my mum's birthday, and the source is a little more reliable. Also from past experience, the communication is MUCH better. I don't think fragrancenet will be getting any future business with me from here on.

Default Fragrancenet.com is the WORST

I'm a new member, but have been a basenotes follower for a few years now. Having recently joined i thought i'd share my experience with Fragrancenet.com, lest any fellow basenoters find they are enticed by the coupons and good prices.

I have ordered cologne from many different places. Beautifulperfumes.com was my place to get MPG Parfum D'habit and RdV, TdH, Encre Noir, Santos Eau de Sport....
    Prices pretty good, and shipment always fast - 3 days from CA => NJ. Parfumsraffy was unknown to me till recently when i grabbed a 200ml bottle of Odeur 53 for $90. Again, great shipping, very nice people.

Well, i don't want to make this too long, but my God, Fragrancenet.com just plain sucks. Let me start first by saying based on my two experiences with them, i can say they are hit or miss. I urge all that may think about ordering from them to check the reviews from different areas to see what you may be in store for. I'm having a nightmare of a time getting 3 bottles of Etro shipped! It's almost a week now, and they have not even shipped them. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if these were meant for me, but they are a gift. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad either if i didn't live about 50 miles from this place. The transit time on this would be one day with any carrier. I am on the fence about canceling the order altogether, since i now have this feeling like there will be more problems with the product if i ever do receive them. Problems such as leaking, broken nozzle, broken bottle, rancid product, fake, fingerprint-laden bottles, dirty, scuffed up packaging, bottles partially full.

Yeah, my fault for not having read all those reviews ahead of time. After getting the Encre Noir without incident i thought i had found another "spot". I'm just saying, if you have had nothing but good experiences with them, great for you. I know for me 1/2 ain't too good. It's not the type of odds i'm willing to buy into again. There seem to be too many potential areas for concern with these people. It's very clearly not a very customer-centric enterprise, rather a volume based operation. Good luck trying to get a supervisor, as well. Evidently, there is someone named Pam who is the person to talk to...except you can't talk to her, only email her, and she doesn't email you back. Nice.

Default Do not buy Creed from FragranceNet

I know this is not the proper forum, my last fragrancenet rant was moved. However, this is where most people look. This is important.

As you may recall, I ordered GIT from fragrancenet 2 weeks ago, got a cracked bottle. It was a 09 make, perfect box, everything was perfect except for the crack.

I re-ordered and sent my cracked one back.

Got my new one expedite shipping, and yet again, fragrancenet is ridiculous.

1) The box has stickers all over it

2) The box is missing all the creed paperwork (the little booklette, and the card with the owner's pictures)

3) The box inside is torn (the paper ring that surrounds, supports the cap of the GIT bottle)

4) The bottle is dusty DUSTY as hell. As if were on a shelf or something

5) There are juice spots all over it, as if the fragrance has been used much (see the next #6)

6) the bottle seems like it's been used (lighter than the first one i got, and the juice seems runned down a bit)

7) it's a 08 make, when I paid the same amount for a 09 one 2 weeks ago

What TICKS ME OFF is that there are people out there (I was one, except the cracked bottle), that paid THE SAME PRICE for a SUPERIOR PRODUCT. THAT IS NOT RIGHT.

You can make excuses all day "well it's discounted what do you expect, it's grey market" ect..

That's not he point. Again, the point is, I paid the same price for a superior product 2 weeks ago(minus the crack), for an inferior product with missing content.

Screw you fragrancenet. You have no idea of all the crap I had to go through to return and re-order, wait around for UPS to deliver, wait in excitement and yet again be very disappointed.
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 01:45 AM.

Dependent

Default Re: Do not buy Creed from FragranceNet

This will probably not be popular, but the impression I get with discounter sites like fragrancenet and *some* others, is that they just don't really give a damn about things. I've never bought from fragrancenet and the likes, never felt comfortable, never will. I'm sure a lot of people have had great experiences, but it is the more difficult cases that exposes their flaws. What you experienced IS ridiculous.

But what's the other option? Drop $300 on a 100ml bottle at holt renfrew? The regular Creeds just aren't worth their retail price! I was going to buy Erolfa from fragrancex, who seem to be even more discount than fragrancenet, but now I am a bit scared.

Well that's what's bothering me. I don't think Creeds are worth 250. But...if that's the only way I'm going to be 100% sure I'm getting fresh, authentic, authorized, mint condition box, juice and bottle, then so be it.

If I'm paying 130+ for something to begin with, I may as well get the thing at it's finest and pay more.

Obviously they discount it 50% online for a reason. Most other high end deisgner fragrances (chanel, issey miyake) are hardly discounted online. maybe 5-10 dollars cheaper. FOR A REASON. They are probably from authorized source or someplace trusted.

However, 50%+ discount on a Creed always seemed suspicious. Probably because online places (specifically fragrancenet) are getting them from who knows where and can care less what condition they sell it in (obviously)

It's also important I mention this. I tested GIT at Nordstrom last weekend, and that one spray on my wrist lasted well over 7 hours. This bottle I got, I sprayed about 1 hour ago on my wrist and it's definitely not at the strength the other was at. I doubt it's going to last long. I am not being biased either. It's probably just mis-stored juice (as the dusty bottle indicates).
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 02:25 AM.

hmm, I just bought a bottle of Pure Malt from Beautyencounter.com...has anyone had any previous experience with this company, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    hmm, I just bought a bottle of Pure Malt from Beautyencounter.com...has anyone had any previous experience with this company, good or bad?
    Me too! I'll let you know when I get mine, which should be on Monday. The customer service there is great, the lady was very nice when I spoke to her. Can't even compare it with those most of those irritated attitude people at Fragrancenet. Can't even compare.

I was thinking about buying my GIT from them, but I really don't want to go through any more online Creed nightmares. (especially because Creed doesn't shrink wrap their boxes. I just think that makes it a terrible company to buy from online at discount sites in general.)
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 02:31 AM.

Man, I feel you. Its so hard doing purchases over the internet. You really don't know what kind of service you're going to receive. What's worse is if you were to complain about the second bottle, they would treat you as if you were asking for too much. Man...that really sucks. Honestly, this just reminds me that when I want something bad enough, I should just wait, save up, and get it from a reliable, physical retail store. And I know there are other people out there spending 20-40% less and enjoying quality products, but when you love something so much it's worth it to go for the best. I really hate that Fragrancenet did this to you.

Yes tim, I know. I spoke with some people who bought GIT from fragrancenet at the same time I did the first time. Our bottles were the same, brand new (needed to prime the atomizer, clean box, everything inside, crisp box...never opened, you can tell).

So some people out there paid the same price I did for my 2 crappy bottles, and theirs are nearly perfect.

WELL...actually, the guy told me his spray cap got stuck in the cap when he first opened it, and his sprayer didn't work at all until he shook the bottle around.

But still, obviously that was fixable. My bottles/boxes are not. It's just too much of a gamble for something so great.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Me too! I'll let you know when I get mine, which should be on Monday. The customer service there is great, the lady was very nice when I spoke to her. Can't even compare it with those most of those irritated attitude people at Fragrancenet. Can't even compare.

I was thinking about buying my GIT from them, but I really don't want to go through any more online Creed nightmares. (especially because Creed doesn't shrink wrap their boxes. I just think that makes it a terrible company to buy from online at discount sites in general.)
    Well that is reassuring, but if the bottle is in proper condition I think I will start buying from this company. From what I have seen most fragrances are cheaper on this site compared to fragrancenet. Out of all the bottles I compared in price I think A-men was the only fragrance not cheaper on beautyencounter. I bought my last bottle of A-Men from fragrancenet and I have no real reason to believe its bad because it smells right but I do notice the juice looks slightly green compared to bottles I have seen online...this could also be due to lighting so who knows. I can't buy A-Men anywhere in my area to compare the bottles.

does it smell as good as any other bottle of GIT? if so then who cares about all the imperfections of the packaging or bottle. i thro that crap away anyway. but in addition, what do you expect from a company that packs their items with crumpled brown paper.

ACTUALLY!! My GIT bottle from Beautyencounter is coming tommorow in the mail. I'll let everyone know how it goes. The cool thing is that they also let u get a ton of samples with ur fragraces free of charge. I'll do an unboxing video probably, and post a link here to let ya guys know.

I religiously believe that it's best to buy directly from the company. I think any short cuts price wise really lead to a weak product. It's insane how often I see people getting into trouble with these bottles. If you pay the full price, you get a fresh real product. Just my opinion.
    Please visit my videos! NY Fragrance Blog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYFragranceBlog

Beauty Encounter is right down the street from where I live. I go in there all the time and get fragrances. They are a great company. I've never gotten anything but excellent service, authentic product and all in great shape.

Blog Entries

It's starting to seem as if Creeds are just too temperamental to buy from an online retailer. Sadly, not everyone has access to Creed boutiques or high end department store to buy (or try) them. I'm just afraid to buy a Creed fragrance because I keep thinking 2-3 years from the day I spray it, it'll go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    It's starting to seem as if Creeds are just too temperamental to buy from an online retailer. Sadly, not everyone has access to Creed boutiques or high end department store to buy (or try) them. I'm just afraid to buy a Creed fragrance because I keep thinking 2-3 years from the day I spray it, it'll go bad.
    I really would like to try Creed too and its hard enough in my area finding ANY decent fragrance department so one that would sell niche fragrances is out of the question. So I am in the same boat as you, sure you get a discount online but you never know how old the juice is inside and since Creed uses natural notes it makes the fragrance not last as long. On top of that I refuse to buy without trying first, I have horrible longevity with any scent and I hear a lot that the longevity on most Creeds are not any better than a designer fragrance...so taking $200+ blind buy chance on a fragrance that may not last on my skin for more than a few hours is something I am not willing to do.

I've ordered from BeautyEncounter several times, and never had any problems. I just got a box today, so I don't have to search my memory about the packaging and condition - everything was fresh and clean, bubblewrapped to within an inch of its life so that there would have been zero jostling in the box, and a nice sturdy box. I've never ordered Creed from them, specifically, but I'd be perfectly confident about doing so.

I've also always been perfectly happy with Parfum1. I believe that I've had fewer orders from them, but one was a Creed, and it was similarly shop-fresh and flawlessly packed.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Fragrancenet, I've never done business with them before and don't plan to now. Beautyencounter is quite reliable, as others have posted. You really take your chances with discounters. It seems that Creed products are certainly one of the more complained about when bought from a discounter. Personally, I've bought almost all my Creeds from discounters and never had a problem with any of them. I find it hard to believe that Creeds go off any faster than other fragrances. I think a lot depends on how they are stored.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by zazz View Post
    does it smell as good as any other bottle of GIT? if so then who cares about all the imperfections of the packaging or bottle. i thro that crap away anyway.
    The same can be said about a wrist watch. I would be unhappy if I received a "brand new" watch with a very fine scratch on the face; it still functions perfectly though.
    Last edited by MFJ; 12th March 2010 at 04:00 AM.

Although I've never ordered Creed from them, I shop with Fragrancenet.com often and have never had any type of problem. I don't know the specifics of any e-tailer, but I know that much of the discount is the result of them not having to pay Fifth/Michigan/Rodeo/Old Bond rent or having a bunch of salespeople. They're basically a warehouse with a shipping department. Personally, I'm so turned off by the people working in the fragrance department at places like Neiman's and Saks's (where someone last month presented Terre d'Hermes as a "brand new cologne") that I prefer ordering online. Just my 2 cents...

Well I'm sure they may be fine for other scents, but not for creed. Like I mentioned, creed does not shrink wrap their product. so it's very easy for fragrancenet to re-sale and try to trick the customer into thinking they are getting a new fragrance.

mine was obviously used, no doubt. did they say it was used? no.

I'm returning it tomorrow. I will certainly never buy from fragrancenet ever again, purely based on their bad ethics. do not ever ever try to sell me something that is missing official paper work, is obviously used before and was out of the box long enough to collect dust, cologne marks all over the bottle, and try to sell me that as a new product with a new product pricing.

Can't trust them anymore.
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 07:55 AM.

I use Beauty Encounter a lot and I always had a good experience with it. It is my main place to purchase fragrances.

I've used fragrancenet a few times with no problems at all.
    Last edited by MikeFromManhattan; 12th March 2010 at 10:02 AM.

My erolfa and selection verte flacons were both perfect and fresh.
    What do you mean the first bottle was cracked?
    like it was broken and the juice spilled out?
    This seems very unlikely, even with frahrancenet's careless packing.

Hate to be the downer, but this doesn't seem that bad. It's half off, and they sent you a replacement bottle. Now you're not happy. If you're OCD about packaging buy retail. Otherwise, suck it up. 2008 is recent in the scheme of things--I bet half the bottles on Neiman's shelf are of the same vintage.
    Last edited by davedude11; 12th March 2010 at 11:46 AM.

Hmmm...I'm skeptic about buying full decanted frags online full-stop...no problems here with reliability...it's just the shipping companies to which I have my uncouth gripes with!! Though i'll never pass off a few darn' good sample vials here and there!!!

- Balava -
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I also had a bad experience with a Creed from FragranceNet. It was Original Vetiver, and the scent was thin and fleeting, nowhere near the 12+ hours I get from the 'good' stuff. It was one of those bottles where the lot number had been removed, same thing for the box. I sent it back and, after a few phone calls, got a refund. I certainly wouldn't buy another Creed there, though my other non-Creed experiences with them have been fine.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

I have ordered from Beauty Encounter. For 98% of the time the experience is excellent. One time, the bottle looked old and I wanted to send it back. I called customer service and got one of the frontline call-takers. I finally asked for a manager after all the talk about restocking fees.

Don't give up until you get the service you expect. Just because the company is a discount retailer does not mean you have to accept shoddy service.

Other places are Beauty Habit, which has good service and some good prices. Finally, the BEST is Lucky Scent, but they are not discounters.
    Last edited by Primrose; 12th March 2010 at 01:19 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

How do you tell the year it was made? Is it the number in the middle or the last two numbers? I just got a bottle of GIT from Fragrancenet yesterday. It had the card but was missing the booklet. The bottle looked as if it had been taken out before however the nozzle didn't seem like it had been sprayed. So far I'm on hour 4 and I can still smell it very well. I have never had an issue with this company before. I have bought about 15 bottles from them in the last six months or so. I personally pack my bottles alot better than them when I ship but I've never had an issue with any of my bottles being damaged coming from them.

R0bdigz,

I called for a refund this morning. They said "we're sorry, it's possible a returned bottle got mixed up sent out to you"

As your experience says, that is a BULL excuse. What are the chances 2 used bottles get mixed up amongst "new" boxes? hmm..

The lot number on the bottle on the back has 2 numbers in the middle and 2 at the end. Look at the MIDDLE two #s. My bottle says 08. What's yours say?

Anyway, I got my return label, and it's on it's own merry way. I'm not paying $130 for something that's been used and treated who knows what. Shell out "JUST" $120 more and get the real deal, fresh, new, ect...

It's not just the box that's the issue. It's how the juice was stored. It didn't look like it was taken care of. It's an expensive juice, why settle for less? just my opinion.

And I'm tired of playing waiting games only to be disappointed in the end. Yea call me OCD or crazy, but I don't like waiting for 3+ weeks for something that should have been right in the first week....and the third. Not going to wait around for another used bottle.
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 02:23 PM.

This keeps coming up but, as I have said before, fragrancenet has always treated me well. On the few occasions where I had a problem, they immediately stepped up and resolved the issues.

Similarly, I have never had a problem with beautyencounter.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Hey folks - actually if you want to buy online and be safe, just buy from creedboutique.com! You'll get it fresh and its safe, IMO.

I should have listened to you 3 weeks ago Julio. Why did I doubt you. I would have been so much happier sooner

In the end, I feel that the "getting lucky" with online retailers and Creeds, is basically not worth it. Even when people do get an intact bottle, I imagine the juice has been sitting around for 2 years in a warehouse, or they're a rejected batch from Neiman or Saks. Shady stuff, and not worth paying less and having to deal with the hoopla of getting an acceptable bottle instead of paying more and getting a beautiful bottle.
    Last edited by jcepiano; 12th March 2010 at 02:32 PM.

[QUOTE=G Man;1775876]R0bdigz,
    The lot number on the bottle on the back has 2 numbers in the middle and 2 at the end. Look at the MIDDLE two #s. My bottle says 08. What's yours say?
    QUOTE]

My middle two numbers are 02 and the last two are 07.

yikes. supposedly the middle 2 are year. the bottles at nordstroms all were 09. although a creed representative said it means nothing about the date.
    Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 03:44 PM.

Hi G Man,

I feel your pain and I'm completely with you on this. Just because they're selling it at a discount price does not give them the right to sell an inferior product (in terms of genuineness, freshness, or worse yet used ones). Unfortunately we will have to try MANY stores and then stick to the ones that can give us good products and good customer service as well, so that we would have someone to help us when something goes really wrong.

Plus, even having good customer service is not an excuse to send the customer a product in such pathetic condition. After all, they take money for this!

I've had similar experience with scent monkey and now I'll avoid fragrance net like the plague. People may have different opinions, but I personally want to thank you for taking your time to share this with us.
    Last edited by HammerFist; 12th March 2010 at 04:19 PM.

I guess I am lucky. I have had no problems with Fragrancenet over many years.

I have ordered from both FragranceNet and Beauty Encounter and have not had any problems. However, I don't order full bottles, just minis or samples, and these are usually not worth anyone's time to fake or otherwise tamper with.

Perfume Network is another story, even when ordering low-stakes stuff. I ordered from them once - never again. I have a separate post describing my ongoing saga with them. In short: Missing items, leaking bottles, NO customer service - how much worse can it get?

I just ordered GIT from them and was very pleased with what I got. Bottle was a tester, brand new and in its box. it was definately unused since it took a few sprays to get it going. The serial number was on the bottom of the bottle and the fragrance very potent & seemingly fresh.

I should note the shipping was 2 days, which is very fast. The packaging was thrown together but who cares, the product itself was perfect.

yikes. supposedly the middle 2 are year. the bottles at nordstroms all were 09. although a creed representative said it means nothing about the date.
    If that's the case mine is a 2009 bottle.

Just to let you know, the practice of selling "used" bottles is not exclusive to online discounters. I purchased my bottle of Creed Green Valley last year from Neiman Marcus, an authorized Creed retailer. When I walked out I noticed the box seemed slightly discolored, so I opened it up and the bottle seemed very low for a new bottle. It was 2.5 oz bottle and it appeared as if there were at least 5ml missing most likely slightly more. I checked, and yep it had been pumped before, there was no priming. I brought it back in and they were very nice and apologized numerous times before replacing my bottle for me. The next box too seemed slightly discolored but the bottle was full and hadn't been sprayed.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It DOES mean something about the date, but contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with when it was BOTTLED. The date is in reference to the batch year of the materials. It's an important bit of info because some years the harvested materials are better than other years. So, if the bottle says 05, that doesn't mean you have an old bottle, though you actually may, it's in reference to the batch year.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Ordering with FragranceNet - Better by Phone or Online?

I was wondering if the majority of you order from this website via online or call in to make your cologne orders...is one method faster or safer than another? Have you personally done online several times, with no problems arising, and shipment and everything going very smoothly? Any input here is greatly appreciated with this online merchant, and your feedback is important. Thanks!