Code of Conduct
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

I bet they chose orders that had other items besides just the L'Artisans to be the first to report as "out of stock." That way they'd still be getting *some* sale on those, whereas if the L'Artisan was the only bottle(s) they ordered, they'd be totally out of a sale.

I shouldn't have added the other stuff to get free shipping.

So we bought for a bargain and will receive vintage items?

Last edited by d4N13L; 8th May 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    As long as the juice is the same....
    Yea, that's totally fine for most people, but I'm kinda OCD on matching bottles, would've been a problem for me, but not for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    So we bought for a bargain and will receive vintage items?

Thats what it seems and I still have yet to receive my shipping confirmation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone who got Timbuktu is annoyed by their old bottle, I would be happy to buy it off you. They deleted it from my order.

just received my confirmation of shipping : will be receiving Bois Farine;Mechant Loup & Ambre Extreme. (I'm from Canada btw)
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robes08 View Post
    just received my confirmation of shipping : will be receiving Bois Farine;Mechant Loup & Ambre Extreme. (I'm from Canada btw)
    When did you place your order!?!?

When did you place your order!?!?
    on the 4th
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robes08 View Post
    on the 4th
    Cool I ordered mine the same day...maybe I'll get my confirmation soon.

Looking forward to your reviews too!

Anyone already received an unboxed yet?
    Its a previously used item or just with a damaged bottle?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

SAFRAN TROUBLANT is the only one I want...not in stock :-(

I called again at about 3:00pm and spoke with a representative. She stated that they are are really backed up on the influx of orders from the L'Artisan house.

She told me that my order was still being processed. I then asked her if they were out of stock.

She stated that as of now yes that they are out of stock. She stated that they are still processing many orders based on when the orders were placed and that those will be the people to receive bottles. She stated that I should have my shipping confirmation by tomorrow afternoon.

Lol edit:

Just called again. Yes I am worrisome. Spoke with another lady and she stated that my shipment is in fulfillment (which basically means it has been processed) she stated that the Streamlite services haven't come to pick it up as of yet and that I should definitely be getting my tracking confirmation tomorrow.

She gave me a tracking number but stated that it hasn't been processed by streamlite yet therefore more than likely it will not show up on their tracking site. (The tracking number doesn't work either).

Just thought I'd keep you guys updated who may not have gotten any tracking info yet, such as myself.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 8th May 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So the one I got is a vintage bottle? What's the difference? I know nothing about L'Artisan.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    So the one I got is a vintage bottle? What's the difference? I know nothing about L'Artisan.
    Just the shape of the bottle and cap basically.

New bottle vvvvvvvvvv

Your bottle vvvvvvvvv
    Last edited by frostyicy; 9th May 2012 at 02:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of about 8 or 9 years ago here when Saks.com had a coupon code meant for store credit card holders that gave a great deal on L'Artisan stuff. Well... that code was passed around and worked - everybody was buying stuff left and right and it took Saks a couple of days to figure it out. I recall picking up Vanilia and Amber Extreme at the time for approx. price of one.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now I'm *very* confused. I just checked, and the updated order says I am getting both L'Artisans that I ordered. And my card is showing no credit for the one bottle they said they couldn't send. The debit is for the full price I ordered. So I'm not sure what's really going on!

PS - I have a theory on all these L'Artisans. C.O. Bigelow just recently did a major shut-down on multiple stores, including a local one that had a bunch of L'Artisan which very closely matched the stock we were looking at. I watched for a pre-closing sale on the L'Artisan, but it never came. I wonder if these were them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh I like the look of the vintage better. I saw one like mine on eBay for $120. It's quite a steal for $33 bucks. When did they change the bottle design? And did they also change the formulation? I might need to get a L'Artisan collection started.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about the juice too in the new bottles... I compared a bottle of T42, new and old packaging and thought I smelled differences but then figured I was just imagining things...

anyone have both versions or noticed any differences (T42 or any others)?
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

For those who were told a fragrance was out of stock and they'd receive a credit - did you receive your credit already? Does anyone know how long it usually takes fragrancenet to issue a credit? They said they've shipped my package (now supposedly just containing Zino, a mini of The Dreamer, and some Mauboussin Homme EdT samples), but they've yet to issue me a credit for the Navegar. Hmm...

For those who were told a fragrance was out of stock and they'd receive a credit - did you receive your credit already? Does anyone know how long it usually takes fragrancenet to issue a credit? They said they've shipped my package (now supposedly just containing Zino, a mini of The Dreamer, and some Mauboussin Homme EdT samples), but they've yet to issue me a credit for the Navegar. Hmm...

edit: ok, just checked the order status on Fragnet and now, like RP, it too says that I'll be getting the Navegar. Odd! I guess I won't know what is going on until I get the damn package

Post Thanks / Like

The odd thing is, I actually got my package in less than a week. FragranceNet never ships to me that fast. I might be making a 180 on my opinion of them.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an email from Fragrancenet indicating the one item I ordered (3.4 oz unboxed Timbuktu) was out of stock and that my account has been credited I placed my order on Friday morning at about 8:30 AM EST, and I'm located right outside of Boston. Not sure why it took so long for them to determine that they were unable to fulfill my order...

Just the shape of the bottle and cap basically.

New bottle vvvvvvvvvv

Your bottle vvvvvvvvv
    But these are 100ml new x 50ml older bottles.
    Do you have 50 x 50 and 100 x 100 ?
    Thank you

I found on the internet

NEW 50ml

OLD 50ml

NEW 100ml

OLD 100ml

The old is from our directory.
    Old bottle 50ml is prettier. 100ml is basically the same, but i prefer the new shape.

The juice remains the same?
    Last edited by d4N13L; 9th May 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I did receive my credit, although I used PayPal for this purchase. Credit card credits typically take several days to process.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered Friday morning. Now after 5 days (!!!) I receive an email:

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order #XXXX
    Unfortunately, your order cannot be processed because it includes the following items that are currently out of stock.

why it took so long for them to determine that they were unable to fulfill my order. I will NEVER order from them anything.

"Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order #_______.

Unfortunately, your order cannot be processed because it includes the following items that are currently out of stock:

L'Artisan Timbuktu 3.4oz blah blah blah.

Since we do not backorder items, your account has been credited."

As of yet I have not received any type of confirmation on my Paypal account or my credit card which money was extracted from indicating that they have put my money back in.

Not too mad about the fragrance at this point just want my money.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the newest bottles have clear lids....as long as bottles are stored properly, kept cool in the box, the fragrance should be good

Thank you for your recent order.

Unfortunately, your order cannot be processed because it includes the following items that are currently out of stock:
    DESCRIPTION QUANTITY
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR TIMBUKTU EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ (UNBOXED).
    for Men
    Item #FR223958
    Since we do not backorder items, your account has been credited.

Remember, our inventory changes daily, so please check FragranceNet.com often for new arrivals.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we would like to extend to you a COUPON worth 15% OFF your next purchase from FragranceNet.com

15% OFF COUPON claim code: CSRST15
    (When placing your next order just enter the above coupon claim code during checkout and the 15% will be automatically deducted.)

Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

FragranceNet.com Customer Service

Post Thanks / Like

So, people that ordered on the 4th have had theirs shipped?

I ordered on the 3rd and got a cancellation notice.

This sucks. I was really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post

No I ordered mine on the 4th and so did a few other people here. I'm unsure as to what their process is for actually processing orders.

Idk maybe they have a system and are able to see the people who order a lot from their site and those are the people they chose to get orders to. Idk all speculation on my part.

It does seem like you should have gotten yours if you ordered on the 3rd tho.

It seems like it was a case of what, not when, you ordered. They obviously do not have a computerized inventory system, and unfortunately, someone was asleep in their warehouse.

I just received my shipment and I'm really happy with it. I did have two scents cancelled from my order because they were out of stock, but I did get the other three I wanted-- and it was a great deal, pricewise.

I got the following:

Mure et Musc Extreme-- 3.4 oz. Vintage bottle. Smells amazing. I don't find this feminine at all. Very unisex. I have a small bottle of the original Mure et Musc, and the Extreme is everything I wanted the EDT to be. This is an instant favorite for me.

Bois Farine-- 3.4 oz. Vintage bottle. A very strange fragrance in that I love the smell of it, but it makes me crave Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch with a vengeance. It's oddly gourmand to the extreme. Maybe it's because I haven't even breakfast or lunch today-- but I want to eat my wrist. I'm glad I was able to get a bottle of this, because it's so unique-- and at this price I could take a risk.

Dzonghka-- 1.7oz. Current bottle. This one is weird too, but I like it a lot. I'd sampled it before. Very exotic. I do get lots of tea and incense. This is complex. Lots of stuff going on here.

I'm really glad that I was able to get in on this sale. It's unfortunate that some people lost out (and there were several L'Artisans that I really wanted to get-- Timbuktu, Navegar, Voleur de Roses, L'Eau de Navigateur, Dzing!, Tea for Two, Patchouli Patch, Poivre Piquant-- that I lost out on)-- but some of us did get lucky.

I'm also glad that my 3.4 oz L'Artisans arrived in the vintage, old-school bottles. They smell amazingly fresh-- and they match the other 3.4 oz L'Artisans in my drobe, which were also the vintage style bottles.

This sale has renewed my interest in the house of L'Artisan-- I had almost forgotten how amazing their scents are!

With my accidental layering of Mure et Musc Extreme and Bois Farine, I smell like both Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch AND Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries! I'd better go get some lunch!
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just received my shipment and I'm really happy with it. I did have two scents cancelled from my order because they were out of stock, but I did get the other three I wanted-- and it was a great deal, pricewise.

I got the following:

Mure et Musc Extreme-- 3.4 oz. Vintage bottle. Smells amazing. I don't find this feminine at all. Very unisex. I have a small bottle of the original Mure et Musc, and the Extreme is everything I wanted the EDT to be. This is an instant favorite for me.

Bois Farine-- 3.4 oz. Vintage bottle. A very strange fragrance in that I love the smell of it, but it makes me crave Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch with a vengeance. It's oddly gourmand to the extreme. Maybe it's because I haven't even breakfast or lunch today-- but I want to eat my wrist. I'm glad I was able to get a bottle of this, because it's so unique-- and at this price I could take a risk.

Dzonghka-- 1.7oz. Current bottle. This one is weird too, but I like it a lot. I'd sampled it before. Very exotic. I do get lots of tea and incense. This is complex. Lots of stuff going on here.

I'm really glad that I was able to get in on this sale. It's unfortunate that some people lost out (and there were several L'Artisans that I really wanted to get-- Timbuktu, Navegar, Voleur de Roses, L'Eau de Navigateur, Dzing!, Tea for Two, Patchouli Patch, Poivre Piquant-- that I lost out on)-- but some of us did get lucky.

I'm also glad that my 3.4 oz L'Artisans arrived in the vintage, old-school bottles. They smell amazingly fresh-- and they match the other 3.4 oz L'Artisans in my drobe, which were also the vintage style bottles.

This sale has renewed my interest in the house of L'Artisan-- I had almost forgotten how amazing their scents are!

With my accidental layering of Mure et Musc Extreme and Bois Farine, I smell like both Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch AND Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries! I'd better go get some lunch!
    Or breakfast, perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    It seems like it was a case of what, not when, you ordered. They obviously do not have a computerized inventory system, and unfortunately, someone was asleep in their warehouse.
    Well, if customer A ordered eau du X on may 3rd and customer B order the same frag 15 hours later, shouldn't it stand to reason that customer A gets priority on the shipment?

Well, if customer A ordered eau du X on may 3rd and customer B order the same frag 15 hours later, shouldn't it stand to reason that customer A gets priority on the shipment?
    I agree with you. But it doesn't seem to matter when anyone ordered - without FragranceNet having a state-of-the-art inventory system anything can go wrong, and it apparently did.

I ordered my Timbuktu on the 4th. And to be quite honest, the only reason I ordered it was because of the low price. I have enough samples of it to satisfy the amount of times I would actually wear it.

Now if I missed out on a bottle of their Havana Vanille or Al Oudh, I would be really upset.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 9th May 2012 at 11:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just grumpy because it's been one of my faves for a while >

Gonna be a whiny, entitled baby for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

I got the following:

Your bottles was unboxed? If yes, theyre completely new?

FragranceNet handled this situation in a completely unprofessional manner. Boxed/unboxed, old/new; charging people's accounts on orders that they knew they could never fill, and then not refunding the money for days; my refund still hasn't showed up on my CC; sending out partially filled orders that may, or may not, include any L'Artisan product.

I'm crossing them off my do-business-with list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    FragranceNet handled this situation in a completely unprofessional manner. Boxed/unboxed, old/new; charging people's accounts on orders that they knew they could never fill, and then not refunding the money for days; my refund still hasn't showed up on my CC; sending out partially filled orders that may, or may not, include any L'Artisan product.

I'm crossing them off my do-business-with list.
    It takes credit cards companies about 5 days to process the refund.

I called Pay Pal and Fragrancenet and they both told me the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Giving you a "free" 15% off coupon code is lame on their part. Everyone knows the BASENOTES code gets you a good discount as is.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Your bottles was unboxed? If yes, theyre completely new?
    They came new-in-box. Also, each bottle was unsprayed-- I had to prime the sprayers on each one.

I ended up wearing Dzonghka to work and was surprised that I got a few compliments on it; hadn't pegged it as a crowd pleaser, but I was wrong. Dzongkha also strikes me a little bit like a cousin to Timbuktu-- there are some strong stylistic similarities.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Post Thanks / Like

It takes credit cards companies about 5 days to process the refund.

I called Pay Pal and Fragrancenet and they both told me the same thing.
    Yeah, and because of that precisely, the fragrancenet creepos should be aware that those fraudulent commercial practices do quite a damage on someone's account.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Yeah, and because of that precisely, the fragrancenet creepos should be aware that those fraudulent commercial practices do quite a damage on someone's account.
    This is true. I couldn't agree with you more.

I am planning on ordering a Bond no. 9 fragrance from them, BUT until I see my money has been refunded I will not be ordering anything from them at all AND if I have to call after 5 days I will never order from them again.

End of story.

Edit..............

Just checked my paypal and see where they did refund my account. I'm sure it will be processed by the credit card company in a timely manner.

Definitely happy about this. Will order my Bond no. 9 now.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 10th May 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading more thoughts of the recieved fragrances....etc. Anything surprise you guys ? Any good blind buys ? I like this house, but only Dzing! really impresses me enough for a full bottle. If I had less full bottles, well, perhaps Merchant Loup. We should make this the L'artisan Parfumer humping thread .
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Looking forward to reading more thoughts of the recieved fragrances....etc. Anything surprise you guys ? Any good blind buys ? We should make this the L'artisan Parfumer humping thread .
    I'd love to hear people's thoughts on these as they come in.

And if this becomes the unofficial L'Artisan thread, think of how envious newcomers will be when they learn how many bottles were sold for $35-50 during the Fragrancenet L'Artisan Sale of May '12.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is this vintage Méchant Loup is much different than the new Méchant Loup that I have a sample of, although about an hour into the drydown they are very close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    I'd love to hear people's thoughts on these as they come in.

And if this becomes the unofficial L'Artisan thread, think of how envious newcomers will be when they learn how many bottles were sold for $35-50 during the Fragrancenet L'Artisan Sale of May '12.
    ... when they learn how many were sold and how many fewer were actually shipped, lol!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Post Thanks / Like

My Timbuktu just arrived this afternoon brand new in box, that was the only one I ordered, placed the order on the 3rd late in the pm.

One of my orders containing 3 fragrances had a high shipping cost.
    Then they canceled 2 items and shipping just one, but the shipping cost remained the same. I will not complaint for 10 bucks on shipping that should have been refunded (specially with the risk of my item being canceled) but they should think on that, its not a fair practice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing my Timbuktu today and it's actually pretty nice. The frankincense is the most prominent note that I smell. It actually smells like the incense section of a natural food store. The longevity was pretty good the first time I tested it on skin. I'll report back with the longevity later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    My Timbuktu just arrived this afternoon brand new in box, that was the only one I ordered, placed the order on the 3rd late in the pm.
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Timbuktu came in - no VdR, either, so they were right about not shipping it.

It is an older bottle, the box is a bit dented, and the bottle 95-99% full, but definitely smells like the real thing. I get the feeling that these were returns, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Yours wasn't full? Mine was BNIB 100%. I had to prime the sprayer. The box was dented at the top as you can probably tell from my pic earlier.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Yours wasn't full? Mine was BNIB 100%. I had to prime the sprayer. The box was dented at the top as you can probably tell from my pic earlier.
    Just a tad under yours. The level was a bit below the shoulder of the bottle. And it was partially primed - as if some had evaporated. Probably used as a tester in the store.

Good stuff - smells great on my hand!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Just a tad under yours. The level was a bit below the shoulder of the bottle. And it was partially primed - as if some had evaporated. Probably used as a tester in the store.

L'Artinception?

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My (100 ml, old design) bottles of Méchant Loup and Thé Pour un Été arrived on the tenth. The box for Méchant Loup was beat up a bit, Thé Pour Un Été was unboxed.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hoping my shipment shows up today. Still have no idea if the Navegar will be in it or not as I got an email saying it was backordered, my order status shows that it is still on the order and shipping, and I've not yet received a credit. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Lol @ my name being in the background of the background, and I didn't receive my damn bottle!!!! Dammit!!!!

THEEYYYYYYRE BAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK

20% GTM2P

Go Go Go RUUUUUUNNNNNNN FOREST RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNn

Just bought

L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR PATCHOULI PATCH by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR VOLEUR DE ROSES by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Gimme more options, gimme gimme