Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I'm wearing my Timbuktu today and it's actually pretty nice. The frankincense is the most prominent note that I smell. It actually smells like the incense section of a natural food store. The longevity was pretty good the first time I tested it on skin. I'll report back with the longevity later.

Pics or it didn't happen!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Wore it the day it arrived, longevity was great, I could smell it after 8 hours, I can't say anything about how well it projected yet, I'll give it another try this weekend and see. This was a blind by based on review here on BN by the way, a good one, so far I'm liking it

What more should i buy?

ALready bought:

L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR PATCHOULI PATCH by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR VOLEUR DE ROSES by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau Du Navigateur
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage D'Enfer
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup
    L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure Et Musc Extreme

Bombs away !

Tumbucktu (3.4 apparently boxed) Premere Figuier (3.4 un-boxed) Navegar (1.7 unboxed) = $116

Many of the ones which were available in the last sale are now listed as not in stock, so you have to poke around and see what they have. But they did claim to have the ones above.

And yes, these sales do give the appearance of being a part of some kind of general house-cleaning program from L'Artisan, what with all the un-boxed and vintage-cap things that people are getting. Are they telling their distributors to turn in all their old stock ? Whatever the case, at these prices, it seems worth risking that things might not be up to snuff.

Now....to wait and see how many actually show up .
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 12th May 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Looks like there old stock left over, before the new bottle design?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm going to keep checking Fragrancenet for the next few days. If Navegar magically appears back in stock within a few days, imma be (even more) pissed!
    Be pissed. I was allowed to order it in today's sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Be pissed. I was allowed to order it in today's sale.
    Yeah, i saw that. Grr. What's really annoying is that I'm debating ordering it (originally had ordered the 100ml but would be fine w/ just one 50ml bottle), but now I'll have to pay shipping again, after I just added stuff to my previous order to get the free shipping.

Now I'm having second thoughts if I want the scent at all. I really DO like it, but 7 de Loewe is kind of similar in its dry woodiness (I admit, a lot of differences overall) and it is something I know I'd wear more often. I'm also considering a blind buy of Jatamansi as it is by one of my favorite perfumers. But while I"m sure I'd enjoy it, it being all natural means that it probably won't truly wow me.

What to do, what to do?

Decided to go ahead and order it after re-testing it now. I'm getting the ginger more clearly now in the early heart and it is just delicious.

I'm going to email them though and see if I can't get the shipping cost refunded.

What to do, what to do?
    Yeah I know : These patience-is-not-an-option sorts of things can be hard on ones nerves, as well as pocket book.

But in my experience there are few from this line that are not interesting, and I'm finding that I'm a big fan of Olivia Giacobetti, so there's that to say for taking the risk at prices like these.

I'll be keeping an eye open for Safran Treubant - I do love that stuff.

Blog Entries

Crap! They've got L'Eau de Jatamansi for peanuts! I dropped major change when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Crap! They've got L'Eau de Jatamansi for peanuts! I dropped major change when it came out.
    Red, how do you feel about that scent now that you've lived with it for awhile? I was tempted to go blind on it, mostly because it is done by one of my favorite perfumers, Karine Vinchon (responsible for Memoir Man, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, Opus III), and has a lot of notes I like, guaiacwood in particular.

Problem is, I haven't even been able to make an all natural frag that truly *wows* me, and I've been trying for some time. I know she's got a lot more experience than I do, but I think that as my fragrance journey has evolved I've actually become more fond of the weird, avant-garde scents that make liberal use of synthetics and weird structures.

Anyhow, would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryandtheboys View Post
    I thought the newest bottles have clear lids.
    I have a 1.7 bottle with a cap like that, but got it 2nd hand, so don't really know where it fits in the scheme of things.

Looks like I might have snagged the last Navegar. It's showing as out of stock again. Well, I guess with Fragrancenet I won't know I have it until it actually arrives at my door.

I saw a Timbuktu bottle and I quickly logged in and tried to order and now it is gone!

Still no sign of Dzing!

Should I keep checking maniacally to see if they put it up?

Blog Entries

Red, how do you feel about that scent now that you've lived with it for awhile? I was tempted to go blind on it, mostly because it is done by one of my favorite perfumers, Karine Vinchon (responsible for Memoir Man, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre, Opus III), and has a lot of notes I like, guaiacwood in particular.

Problem is, I haven't even been able to make an all natural frag that truly *wows* me, and I've been trying for some time. I know she's got a lot more experience than I do, but I think that as my fragrance journey has evolved I've actually become more fond of the weird, avant-garde scents that make liberal use of synthetics and weird structures.

Anyhow, would like to hear your thoughts on it.
    I was tempted to get a backup, but it's a huge bottle, and I've only dented it by 3 atomizers worth, max (It comes with a nice pocket atomizer).

I still love the stuff. It's one of the few renditions of nard out there, and I think it's just crazy interesting. It's very well-done. Imagine that Jean Claude Ellena became a hippie perfumer, went to India, and became a pothead, then came back to France and became almost unemployable by Hermes, but they kept him on anyway. They said make a sport cologne, so he got angry, then crafty, and made this instead. It's so fresh and so refreshing, they had to produce it, but it's anything but sport in its core vibe. It has the lightness of his colognes, but greater persistence. The nard has a strangely patchouli-ish vibe, which makes the fragrance seem very Eastern. And yet the grapefruit is mixed so perfectly with the nard that both enhance each other. Mike Perez called it "zingy", and I think that word is perfect. Just a bit "femme", relative to what is on the counters out there, but unisex as citrus, as far as we're concerned.

You can really douse the stuff on, with the big bottle. It's very comforting, and I like to wear it to bed.

I do not trust Fragrancenet, they have Timbuktu listed as available yet again.

They confirmed my order for Timbuktu, charged my CC, then cancelled my order.

A week later, THE CREDIT HAS STILL NOT SHOW UP TO MY CC. I have put the charge into dispute.

I am not interested in keeping FragranceNet afloat with my credit card.

They can keep their ancient, banged-up, not completely full, un-sale-able returned bottles, and testers. If I really want something L'Artisan I will order it from Luckyscent.

I was tempted to get a backup, but it's a huge bottle, and I've only dented it by 3 atomizers worth, max (It comes with a nice pocket atomizer).

I still love the stuff. It's one of the few renditions of nard out there, and I think it's just crazy interesting. It's very well-done. Imagine that Jean Claude Ellena became a hippie perfumer, went to India, and became a pothead, then came back to France and became almost unemployable by Hermes, but they kept him on anyway. They said make a sport cologne, so he got angry, then crafty, and made this instead. It's so fresh and so refreshing, they had to produce it, but it's anything but sport in its core vibe. It has the lightness of his colognes, but greater persistence. The nard has a strangely patchouli-ish vibe, which makes the fragrance seem very Eastern. And yet the grapefruit is mixed so perfectly with the nard that both enhance each other. Mike Perez called it "zingy", and I think that word is perfect. Just a bit "femme", relative to what is on the counters out there, but unisex as citrus, as far as we're concerned.

You can really douse the stuff on, with the big bottle. It's very comforting, and I like to wear it to bed.
    LOL, love the story. I can totally picture a hippie Ellena, too.

Well, this isn't helping me resist picking some up. I really shouldn't - I'm trying to save for a new guitar - but.. argh.

Looks like I might have snagged the last Navegar. It's showing as out of stock again.
    Yeah, an hour or so later, all three of the ones I ordered are now listed as out of stock too. Hopefully this means they are actually keeping track of their inventory in real-time as the orders come in, rather than them simply shutting everything down in a panic, when it finally dawns on someone that they don't have the stock to fill the orders they've already received.

And golly, and didn't I just hear that there's some Pure Malt for sale somewhere.....for 3 1/2 minutes ?

Blog Entries

... Well, I guess with Fragrancenet I won't know I have it until it actually arrives at my door.
    NO LIE!

The still have unboxed VdR and Dzhongka, but Timbuktu looks to be gone. L'EdJ is still there!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy48 View Post
    yeah, an hour or so later, all three of the ones i ordered are now listed as out of stock too. Hopefully this means they are actually keeping track of their inventory in real-time as the orders come in, rather than them simply shutting everything down in a panic, when it finally dawns on someone that they don't have the stock to fill the orders they've already received.

And golly, and didn't i just hear that there's some pure malt for sale somewhere.....for 3 1/2 minutes ?
    lol!

Blog Entries

LOL, love the story. I can totally picture a hippie Ellena, too.

Well, this isn't helping me resist picking some up. I really shouldn't - I'm trying to save for a new guitar - but.. argh.
    Are you going to make it to Vegas? I'll bring you some of mine!

holding my breath till MONDAY AGRHHHHHHHHHH. i ordered LATE last night of the L'Artisan stock fragrancenet.com. I was super late to the discount party and missed Bois Farine and some others I was looking for.

I am HOPING I do not get that dreaded email Monday saying some of my items are OOS...They had Timbuktu,Premier Figuier Extreme,Dzing,L'Eau D'Ambre etc (all sold out now) and some others that other basenoters received notice that they were out of stock....but DAYS ago... Does anyone know if they have been restocking consistantly???? dear lord i want them all...

Sadly no, funds are too tight for any real vacation this year thanks to the relationship fallout stuff that happened earlier.

I'd er,.. well, I'll take this to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Just bought

L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR PATCHOULI PATCH by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR VOLEUR DE ROSES by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Gimme more options, gimme gimme
    I really wish you that you will receive Timbuktu this time lol.. but anyway. d4N13L you are evil! I promised myself that I wont spend another $$ on fragrances this month. But temptation of beautiful 3.4oz bottle of Voleur De Roses is soo huge... That fresh roses, plum and patchouli on drydown. Mmmmmm. Must resist. Must resist. Must resist. Somebody buy it already please.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Blog Entries

Sadly no, funds are too tight for any real vacation this year thanks to the relationship fallout stuff that happened earlier.

I'd er,.. well, I'll take this to PM.
    Gotcha.... *totally*! No problem!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post

A week later, THE CREDIT HAS STILL NOT SHOW UP TO MY CC. I have put the charge into dispute.

They can keep their ancient, banged-up, not completely full, un-sale-able returned bottles, and testers. If I really want something L'Artisan I will order it from Luckyscent.
    One word. SMART.

PS - My credit didn't show up until *yesterday*!

I have no real faith that these new bottles are anything but ghosts in the machine.
    Last edited by Redneck Perfumisto; 12th May 2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: PS:

RP is an enabler.

I ordered the Jatamansi!

I bought Voleur de Roses and Patchouli Patch blind. I read the reviews and thought might like it. I actually wanted Timbuktu and Dzing!

I ordered the Jatamansi!
    Quite the ghostly fragrance, or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Quite the ghostly fragrance, or so I've heard.
    At this price I guess it's fair to take a chance on it. Besides, Karine Vinchon has made one of my top 3 fragrances (Memoir Man), and I generally like or at least respect all of her work. I'm really curious to see what she can do with just naturals. If nothing else, it is a fragrance I can study and use to improve my own natural perfumery work.

Quote Originally Posted by cannotavoidtrite View Post
    I bought Voleur de Roses and Patchouli Patch blind. I read the reviews and thought might like it. I actually wanted Timbuktu and Dzing!
    Good choices. I own samples of both and VDR, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Al Oudh and Fou d'Absinth are my favourites of line.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Blog Entries

RP is an enabler.

I ordered the Jatamansi!
    It's nardelicious! No regrets! /

Did you pay directly from your CC or was in linked thru your Paypal???

I saw where they refunded my Paypal...and CC usually take 5 business days yet mine was refunded a day later.

I did use them again as the situation for me was handled in a timely manner.

Also will not be tryin to reorder Timbuktu as I see they have jacked the prices way up....hell no!!!!

Order my Bleecker St tester the other day anyway. I'm done for this month...hopefully.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 12th May 2012 at 09:38 PM.

Almost the entire range is out of stock now, youre so fast, lol

I was thinking in another ones to buy but there are about nothing more.

I still say: go to hell, fragrancenet. My credit STILL HASN'T reverted to my account. What kind of pirates are these people?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

It's nardelicious! No regrets! /
    I just can't wait to hold an 8.5 ounce bottle. I don't think I've ever seen anything bigger than those 200ml bottle testers for things like CK One.

For some reason I can foresee myself, the next time I have a few drinks, pulling out the Jatamansi bottle and going with the Hedonist application method and dousing myself in 30 or 40 sprays (psh, won't even put a dent in that 8.5 ounce bottle!), except I fear that much juice might induce some hallucinations where I end up beleving I'm Mary Magdalene or something. /nerdnardreference

One bad experience was enough to put me off buying from them, no matter how cheap it may be, it is (for me) not worth the wait and worry I guess. Best of luck to those buying though

I just can't wait to hold an 8.5 ounce bottle.
    That ain't a bottle, that's a carboy.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Did you pay directly from your CC or was in linked thru your Paypal???
    Directly with CC.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I still say: go to hell, fragrancenet. My credit STILL HASN'T reverted to my account. What kind of pirates are these people?
    The kind of pirates that would pull the same stunt twice.

Lets hope theyll ship our bottles (or gallons to some of you )

The kind of pirates that would pull the same stunt twice.
    I guess as long as people fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I agree that it's ridiculous. But the pirates in this case are your credit card company or bank. They take eons to reverse a charge because they make interest off the money. Fragrancenet credited my PayPal account the day after I placed the order, and it's likely they did the same for your credit card. It doesn't make it any better, I know, but usually the bank is the real pirate and not the merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I agree that it's ridiculous. But the pirates in this case are your credit card company or bank. They take eons to reverse a charge because they make interest off the money. Fragrancenet credited my PayPal account the day after I placed the order, and it's likely they did the same for your credit card. It doesn't make it any better, I know, but usually the bank is the real pirate and not the merchant.
    You're right, and I'm not a lover of banks either :-)
    But still: damn you, Fragrancenet (holds fist in the air)!

Fragrancenet credited my PayPal account the day after I placed the order, and it's likely they did the same for your credit card. It doesn't make it any better, I know, but usually the bank is the real pirate and not the merchant.
    Yes, it's possible the bank is dragging it's feet. I called FragranceNet and they told me that a credit was issued to my CC on May 5th. I put the charge in dispute and had a temporary credit issued. The CC company representative had the nerve to say to me, "Wouldn't you rather wait a week to see if the credit shows up?"

Got my bottles of Méchant Loup and Voleur de Roses today. The ML was unboxed but seems unused and the VdR box was dented a little.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Blog Entries

Thanks for noting that. Same story here - credit took 4 days to actually happen, but Fragrancenet did it right away.

I just can't wait to hold an 8.5 ounce bottle. I don't think I've ever seen anything bigger than those 200ml bottle testers for things like CK One.

For some reason I can foresee myself, the next time I have a few drinks, pulling out the Jatamansi bottle and going with the Hedonist application method and dousing myself in 30 or 40 sprays (psh, won't even put a dent in that 8.5 ounce bottle!), except I fear that much juice might induce some hallucinations where I end up beleving I'm Mary Magdalene or something. /nerdnardreference
    The atomizer they include with it is perfect for "on the go" spritzing.

Signed,

RP, a.k.a. "The Enabler"

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Got my bottles of Méchant Loup and Voleur de Roses today. The ML was unboxed but seems unused and the VdR box was dented a little.
    Nice! They look awesome!

I ordered the Jatamansi!
    I missed this batch... dang! I would have loved to have gotten a backup of the Jatamansi. I think you will like it. Just understand it is very light. I really love it. It is the perfect thing when it is very hot out. It is all I can do to not wear it every day most summers. I have given it as gifts to people who have gone through the whole bottle in less than a year... it's a big bottle.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Logged into BN last night and found I'd missed this event as well. Checked out FN just in case and found a 3.4 oz bottle of Voleur de Roses (unboxed) with coupon under $50. With shipping it was still under $50. This seems a little too good to be true. Guess the proof will be in the shipping notice. Thanks for the heads up though! If it comes through it will be great, I've been wanting VdR for a long time.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Nothing left now. Well nothing that I may have liked anyway.

Hey mates, Two days ago, I ordered Timbuktu while it was in stock....Now, it appears "out of stock" but since I`ve ordered I`ve got more than three emails (one a couple of hours ago) offering a 15% discount buying Timbuktu. If I click "add to bag" directly on the email I am redirected to my shopping bag and the item appears as "available" with a red signal stating that quantities must be updated because there are only two left of that item....Then I can follow the regular stages, confirm my order and pay if I want..
    BUT if i search for Timbuktu and enter it´s page to buy it It appears as out of stock...

IT is inconsistent. No way a product can be either available or out of stock depending on the way you access it´s page....
    Now I am a little worried that I will not be a priority as I live in Argentina and instead of "first in first out" they will choose USA residents...

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Hey mates, Two days ago, I ordered Timbuktu while it was in stock....Now, it appears "out of stock" but since I`ve ordered I`ve got more than three emails (one a couple of hours ago) offering a 15% discount buying Timbuktu. If I click "add to bag" directly on the email I am redirected to my shopping bag and the item appears as "available" with a red signal stating that quantities must be updated because there are only two left of that item....Then I can follow the regular stages, confirm my order and pay if I want..
    BUT if i search for Timbuktu and enter it´s page to buy it It appears as out of stock...

IT is inconsistent. No way a product can be either available or out of stock depending on the way you access it´s page....
    Now I am a little worried that I will not be a priority as I live in Argentina and instead of "first in first out" they will choose USA residents...

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Pablo
    I keep getting these emails too (5 of them today alone!). When I click the link, it shows they are out of stock. Very annoying!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Pablo
    Hey Pablo!

I'm getting the same thing - three emails for Timbuktu that otherwise doesn't appear to be there.

I put in an "email me" request for Safran Troublant yesterday, just in case they get some of that one in stock.

Check out the suggestions that they sent me this morning as "alternatives"! LMAO

I am getting those mails too but it clearly says Timbuktu is out of stock.

I'm getting these too, and am praying they are not something I'll have to deal with in my inbox from here on in.

I also put in one of those "notify me when you get Safran Troublant in" things. Seemed like a nice service at the time.

But when I did that, I was not requesting that they send me e-mails plainly stating, yet again, that they don't have it.

I think it's just one of those deals where....some human beings are involved ( some human being deleted those frags awfully quickly yesterday) but the rest of it is the wondrous convenience of computers.

In any case, I got my order punched in within 40 minutes of the deal first showing up here on Basenotes, so I'll be very interested in seeing what comes of it.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 13th May 2012 at 06:50 PM.

Having ordered Voleur de Roses I've received another FN email telling me that VdR is available in an unboxed and boxed version.
    What bothers me more is that when I go to FN - not signed in - and look around for fragrances - within twelve hours I get an email offering me 15% off the scents that I looked at. Between Google and FN's ubiquitous advertising it makes me wonder what other software is keeping track of my browsing. Still, hope the VdR comes through for me this Monday.

This is exactly what I hate about FN. I wounder how they do it. I've scanned my notebook. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Having ordered Voleur de Roses I've received another FN email telling me that VdR is available in an unboxed and boxed version.
    What bothers me more is that when I go to FN - not signed in - and look around for fragrances - within twelve hours I get an email offering me 15% off the scents that I looked at. Between Google and FN's ubiquitous advertising it makes me wonder what other software is keeping track of my browsing. Still, hope the VdR comes through for me this Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    This is exactly what I hate about FN. I wounder how they do it. I've scanned my notebook. Nothing.
    Check out Abine's products online. They make freeware that blocks tracking software so companies can't monitor you and subsequently use that info to push personalized ads to you. I first found out about them while listening to a Fresh Air interview on NPR and have been using their stuff for about a year, and am very happy with their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Check out Abine's products online. They make freeware that blocks tracking software so companies can't monitor you and subsequently use that info to push personalized ads to you. I first found out about them while listening to a Fresh Air interview on NPR and have been using their stuff for about a year, and am very happy with their stuff.
    Verrry interesting!

Moar pictars!!!!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

I ordered Aventus last week, checked order status today on their web site and it shows as In Our Warehouse. It's been 4 days, anyone recently ordered from Fragrancenet and experiencing the same delay in delivery?