Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 841 to 900 of 1102

Thread: Fragrancenet

  1. #841
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    3,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    I recently ordered a bottle of Midnight in Paris EDP and it took 2 weeks to go from NY to FL which normally takes less than 5 days. They go through a secondary shipper called streamlite which then transfers the package over to the USPS. From my experience streamlite is much much slower than Fed Smartpost. If it took me two weeks it'll take you a month.
    My current favorites:

    Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

  2. #842
    Dependent starshipvelcro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    2,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    They don't always update their status's up to date. I had something show up and the day after I got tracking information.

  3. #843

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Hey,

    I just ordered MI from them last week, it took them a week to ship it to NYC even though their located in NY. Like silentrich stated they use something called streamlite, which lowers their shipping expenses that's why it takes so long.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

  4. #844
    Sniffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    They don't always update their status's up to date. I had something show up and the day after I got tracking information.
    Hopefully this is what happened here.

    Anyone else know of the quality of the current batch of Aventus at Fragrancenet?

  5. #845
    Dependent starshipvelcro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio somewhere
    Posts
    2,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Should be a fresh one, I'd guess 2011 since they run out and have restocked it. So it's definitely nothing that has been sitting around too long.

  6. #846
    Sniffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Should be a fresh one, I'd guess 2011 since they run out and have restocked it. So it's definitely nothing that has been sitting around too long.
    Not sure if good or bad

  7. #847

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Personally never had a Fragrancenet order stay in the warehouse that long. Might want to give them a call and see what they say about it.

  8. #848
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    The first 2 times I ordered from them it took 3 weeks to get to me. When I ordered my L'Artisan it only took 4 days. They are usually slow.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  9. #849
    donna255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    5,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    If you use Firefox they have a thing you can download and it shows how many are trying to track you each site and then wipes them from following when leave the site.

    Basenotes is showing a green 5 at the moment. LOL
    DONNA

  10. #850
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Check out Abine's products online. They make freeware that blocks tracking software so companies can't monitor you and subsequently use that info to push personalized ads to you. I first found out about them while listening to a Fresh Air interview on NPR and have been using their stuff for about a year, and am very happy with their stuff.
    I'll look into it. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    If you use Firefox they have a thing you can download and it shows how many are trying to track you each site and then wipes them from following when leave the site.

    Basenotes is showing a green 5 at the moment. LOL
    What's the name of it? Thanks

  11. #851
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Currently waiting on an order too, but have previously experienced them being slow to update the status. Actual delivery time wasn't too bad though.

  12. #852
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    I've used them once and won't be doing so again. It took almost three weeks for them to get my order to me. UK orders supposedly ship from a UK warehouse and there is no excuse for waiting this long for an order, especially with the extortionate delivery charge.

  13. #853
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    It normally takes 7-8 days to get my package from them

  14. #854
    donna255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    5,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Its says DNT when I click the little balloon. It was from a UK newspaper I got the info, when Facebook was starting their tracking. So I went to the Firefox home page and found it.
    DONNA

  15. #855

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Something very similar happened to me and I found it so annoying that I stopped ordering from them after a few times. They'd process my order (meaning they'd charge my card) and then bombard me with emails for a week or so saying they were "locating my fragrance" and that it was "in the warehouse". You know something, the only thing I want to hear after you take my money is that my purchase is on its way pronto.

  16. #856
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    5,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Never had a problem with delivery from FragranceNet, either directly from them or via Amazon.com... Maybe the status is not updated, as what starshipverlcro posted.

  17. #857
    silentrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    3,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    The best way to order from Fragrancenet is via Ebay. They don't do this on Ebay orders because of the feedback system. Also always pay with PayPal and if the order isn't received in the allotted time then file a complaint with PayPal. If they can't prove that the item is shipped or can't locate then they'll give you a refund and you don't have to ship the product back to them. If you can't run a business the right way then you suffer the consequences of running a crappy one.
    My current favorites:

    Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

  18. #858
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    They go through a secondary shipper called streamlite which then transfers the package over to the USPS.
    As an aside, Streamlite is not the only outfit that has this relationship with the USPS. UPS has it too.

    What these shippers are doing is taking advantage of a loophole they discovered in the postal codes, which allows them to transfer goods in bulk to large cities, and then, for an inordinately small fee, hands those goods over to the US Post Office who is then forced to do the sh*t work of the individual delivery.

    This saves the delivery company huge amounts of money when it comes to the actual delivery of small packages, and amounts to a big public subsidy of the delivery companies.

    TPC often ships parcels this way, which is why they say they ship via UPS....but then the mailman ends up delivering it to your mailbox instead.

  19. #859
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally never had a Fragrancenet order stay in the warehouse that long. Might want to give them a call and see what they say about it.
    Yes ,tackle this problem by phone. I have always found Fragrancenet customer service helpful via phone and they can usually do something about the order as soon as possible.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  20. #860
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    I'm going to have to look into this tracking thing.

    After putting in my order on Sat, I've been getting duplicated spam e-mails from them, repeated at least three times a day.

    Granted this is the sort of thing one comes to expect these days, but still it's a PITA.

  21. #861

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Fragrancenet experienced chaos and mayhem in the last week or so because of their massive L'Artisan sale. That may have something to do with the delay. I order from them a lot and never had a problem. I appreciate that they send notifications prior to shipping, but some orders do take longer than others. I'm currently waiting on a bottle of MH Fleurs de Sel, and hoping it arrived today.

  22. #862
    Halo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Saturday I made my order and I today I got an email from them confrming that my order has alreday been shipped! that´s fast! I´ve Order 3.4 oz Timbuktu and 3.4 os Annick Goutal Vetiver...

    cheers

    P

  23. #863
    Halo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ciudad de Buenos Aires
    Posts
    621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Today I got an email: Order shipped!
    I orders on saturday so this is quite fast!
    My order was: Timbuktu 3.4 oz, Annick Goutal Vetiver 3.4 oz. and Coty´s Muguet de Bois...

    cheers

    Will report back as soon as they arrive to Argentina!

  24. #864
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Saturday I made my order and I today I got an email from them confrming that my order has alreday been shipped! that´s fast! I´ve Order 3.4 oz Timbuktu and 3.4 os Annick Goutal Vetiver...

    cheers

    P
    That's fast alright, and to South America no less. I must have placed my order ( 3 L'Artisans) around the same time that you did, but all I've received is the "in warehouse" notice.

    But it did come early this morning, the first working day of the week, so I'm allowing myself to be encouraged.

  25. #865
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,806
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    It's the horror of the EverCookie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Having ordered Voleur de Roses I've received another FN email telling me that VdR is available in an unboxed and boxed version.
    What bothers me more is that when I go to FN - not signed in - and look around for fragrances - within twelve hours I get an email offering me 15% off the scents that I looked at. Between Google and FN's ubiquitous advertising it makes me wonder what other software is keeping track of my browsing. Still, hope the VdR comes through for me this Monday.

  26. #866

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    I just got an email too. Voleur de Roses 3.4 oz and Patchouli Patch 1.7 oz both shipped.

    I did pay extra to get the two-day shipping, so that may have something to do with the speed of it, but I'm really stoked about this. I've been wanting Voleur de Roses for the longest time and I missed out on it the first round, but when they got more L'Artisans in stock, I was able to snag one. Patchouli Patch is another one that I've always liked, so I was surprised to be able to get one of those as well.


    Thanks for the heads-up guys!
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

  27. #867

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Its says DNT when I click the little balloon. It was from a UK newspaper I got the info, when Facebook was starting their tracking. So I went to the Firefox home page and found it.
    Just a bit more info for people concerned about tracking: if you are using Firefox, go here, which is the Mozilla extension site. Find Do Not Track Plus (DNT, as donna255 mentioned, and it is made by Abine, the company I earlier suggested). Once installed, it will run in the background on its own, and all you really see is a small icon on your browser showing how many tracking attempts are originating from the site you are visiting. You can tweak it if you want, but just letting it run as is will will block the vast majority of tracking attempts. For a bit of a shock, you can check it periodically to see how many tracking attempts have been blocked since it's been installed; my last count was well over 80,000. Wheee!

    For an extra layer of privacy, also install Better Privacy from the Add-ons site. It also runs in the background, and blocks and deletes Flash cookies, which can be a more robust form of tracking cookie.

    Hope that helps!

  28. #868

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    In warehouse. Lets hope they dont cancel any of my items (timbuktu, voleur de roses and patchouli patch)

  29. #869
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Fragrancenet - Slow delivery (still in warehouse)

    This company suck big time. Only one reason I used them, they shipped from the US via Belgium so it looked like it came directly from Belgium, which means I paid ZERO tax and ZERO customs.

    Now they have had the same error on their website for 6 months time - you can't choose Denmark as shipping country, it then says 'not enough information' and shipping is free of charge, that is until the system realizes this and says the order can not be processed.......

    Their customer service is NON existing - literally !!

    Sucky sucky company 1/10 rating from me
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

  30. #870
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Bingo. I got my "shipped" notice 1/2 hour ago. (Timbucktu, Navegar, Premiere Figuer)

    Shipped by FexEx, and transferred to USPS for final delivery.

    Somebody is on the job there today.

  31. #871
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    When did you order, birdboy? I ordered when the offer first struck - but no god damn Timbuktu for me. HRMF!

  32. #872

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    I actually ate my words, stepped back into the game, and re-ordered a bottle of Timbuktu on Friday. I just got a shipping confirmation number email; fingers crossed!

  33. #873
    Super Member Fhaoilgeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Just received my shipping notice for Voleur de Roses - shipped via Fedex - but most likely delivered by USPS.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

  34. #874
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    When did you order, birdboy? I ordered when the offer first struck - but no god damn Timbuktu for me. HRMF!
    I ordered within 30 mins of this message :

    THEEYYYYYYRE BAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKK

    20% GTM2P
    And yes, like Forest, I did run.

  35. #875
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Still some Voleur de Roses left, and I decided to pull the trigger. Also threw in Premier Figuier as fig is a personal favorite and it was the only other one left.

    Just like you all, crossing my fingers!
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

  36. #876

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Just bought

    L'Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR PATCHOULI PATCH by L'Artisan Parfumeur
    L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR VOLEUR DE ROSES by L'Artisan Parfumeur


    Gimme more options, gimme gimme

    Order just shipped without any cancellation


    AAAAAAWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHh

  37. #877
    Dependent LloydLlewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    I still haven't got my credit back, but seeing as everybody's getting shipped the items that were arbitrarily denied to me one week ago, all I have got to say is: &@#%!
    Now, more than ever, I am cursing fragrancenet and sticking needles in their voodoo doll.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

  38. #878
    Smells_Familiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Just a bit more info for people concerned about tracking: if you are using Firefox, go here, which is the Mozilla extension site. Find Do Not Track Plus (DNT, as donna255 mentioned, and it is made by Abine, the company I earlier suggested). Once installed, it will run in the background on its own, and all you really see is a small icon on your browser showing how many tracking attempts are originating from the site you are visiting. You can tweak it if you want, but just letting it run as is will will block the vast majority of tracking attempts. For a bit of a shock, you can check it periodically to see how many tracking attempts have been blocked since it's been installed; my last count was well over 80,000. Wheee!

    For an extra layer of privacy, also install Better Privacy from the Add-ons site. It also runs in the background, and blocks and deletes Flash cookies, which can be a more robust form of tracking cookie.

    Hope that helps!
    Also, CCLeaner (crap cleaner) is a very powerful and Free tool. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download. Don't take my word for it, research it for yourself.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

  39. #879
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Today I got an email: Order shipped!
    I orders on saturday so this is quite fast!
    My order was: Timbuktu 3.4 oz, Annick Goutal Vetiver 3.4 oz. and Coty´s Muguet de Bois...

    cheers

    Will report back as soon as they arrive to Argentina!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just got an email too. Voleur de Roses 3.4 oz and Patchouli Patch 1.7 oz both shipped.

    I did pay extra to get the two-day shipping, so that may have something to do with the speed of it, but I'm really stoked about this. I've been wanting Voleur de Roses for the longest time and I missed out on it the first round, but when they got more L'Artisans in stock, I was able to snag one. Patchouli Patch is another one that I've always liked, so I was surprised to be able to get one of those as well.


    Thanks for the heads-up guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    In warehouse. Lets hope they dont cancel any of my items (timbuktu, voleur de roses and patchouli patch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    Bingo. I got my "shipped" notice 1/2 hour ago. (Timbucktu, Navegar, Premiere Figuer)

    Shipped by FexEx, and transferred to USPS for final delivery.

    Somebody is on the job there today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I actually ate my words, stepped back into the game, and re-ordered a bottle of Timbuktu on Friday. I just got a shipping confirmation number email; fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    Just received my shipping notice for Voleur de Roses - shipped via Fedex - but most likely delivered by USPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Order just shipped without any cancellation


    AAAAAAWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHh
    Congrats to all of you who got shipments this time!

    My sympathies to those who are still getting the run-around.
    * * * *

  40. #880

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    arggh ...............................ANNOYED............ .... they cancelled 13 bottles of my shipment...i only got 5 sent to me. BOO...they said because it was over $500 they had to put mine on hold to verify funds and CC scams. I wish i had know that I would have done 2 smaller shipments....and the 2 i REALLY REALLY wanted were of course cancelled.

  41. #881
    Dependent Oupavoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Oh man that hurts!

  42. #882

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    I ordered Mûre et Musc Cologne and M7... got a shipping confirmation.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

  43. #883
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    According to my shipping notice, all three of the things I ordered are on the road, and somewhere in the Midwest now.

    Still some Voleur de Roses left, and I decided to pull the trigger. Also threw in Premier Figuier as fig is a personal favorite and it was the only other one left.
    Yeah, it was like they sold out of everything, and then a few more things dribbled back onto their list in the next day or so.

    ...they cancelled 13 bottles of my shipment...i only got 5 sent to me. BOO...they said because it was over $500 they had to put mine on hold...
    Who would have thought ? But yes, not the sort of deal that was going to stick around while they were fussing around verifying your funds. Bummer for sure.
    I still haven't got my credit back, but seeing as everybody's getting shipped the items that were arbitrarily denied to me one week ago, all I have got to say is: &@#%!
    A good reason to be angry, I would say. I hope you've let them know how you feel.

    .

  44. #884
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Please let us know if more stuff comes in stock. I really want to try navigateur

  45. #885
    Super Member Fhaoilgeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    It's the horror of the EverCookie.
    What the world needs is an everlasting gobstopper, not an EverCookie.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

  46. #886

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Just got my 1.7 oz Patchouli Patch and 3.4 oz Voleur de Roses. Both are unboxed but were unsprayed. Also, both are the old style bottles. I'm so glad to finally have Voleur de Roses-- it's been eluding my wardrobe for 7 years now and I finally have it.

    Patchouli Patch is one that I always had a minor interest in. It's good, yet simple. Also, I didn't think I liked the old design of the 1.7 oz bottles, but they're so much nicer than in the pictures.

    I also got Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque today from eBay, so my arms are totally covered. I need a bath to wash everything off and start over with just ONE of these scents tonight!
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

  47. #887

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Got an email stating that the Jatamansi I ordered was out of stock.

    Really displeased with Fragrancenet right now, and that's an understatement.
    ***For sale:

    Iris Pallida 50ml

    Ungaro I 75ml

    and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

  48. #888
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    This together with a whole raft of other issues concerning fragrancenet is making me extremely sceptic to order anything from them. Too bad, their website and layout is great - but their customer service and way of conducting business is just plain bad.

  49. #889

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    My bottle of 3.4 Oz Timbuktu (without box) just arrived. I expected much longer delivery time than 7 work days. Bottle itself is without box, old design and unused (I had to spray 3x before juice came out). They also gave me 2 free samples. So far I am happy with my buy and Timbuktu will be my staple during summer days with Acqua Di Gio.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

    1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

  50. #890
    Foustie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Just got my 1.7 oz Patchouli Patch and 3.4 oz Voleur de Roses. Both are unboxed but were unsprayed. Also, both are the old style bottles. I'm so glad to finally have Voleur de Roses-- it's been eluding my wardrobe for 7 years now and I finally have it.
    Will you post some thoughts about the Voleur De Roses later?

  51. #891
    Super Member Fhaoilgeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    433
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    This together with a whole raft of other issues concerning fragrancenet is making me extremely sceptic to order anything from them. Too bad, their website and layout is great - but their customer service and way of conducting business is just plain bad.
    One more cautionary tale:
    It's been my experience that if you order an expensive fragrance from FN, they send it via FedEx with a signature requirement. In my case, FedEx would only deliver during my work hours on the week days and after three attempts their policy is to return to sender.

    My work hours exceed when FedEx delivers with signature required option so the only way I could retrieve my fragrance was to have them hold the package at their distribution center (22 miles away) and pick it up during a rushed lunch break.

    Signature required can be a real pain, but then I guess so is losing a package left on the porch. It's just something to keep in mind when ordering.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

  52. #892
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Got an email stating that the Jatamansi I ordered was out of stock.

    Really displeased with Fragrancenet right now, and that's an understatement.
    These guys need to fix their software. What the heck is going on? Are they running Windows 98?
    * * * *

  53. #893

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    One more cautionary tale:
    It's been my experience that if you order an expensive fragrance from FN, they send it via FedEx with a signature requirement. In my case, FedEx would only deliver during my work hours on the week days and after three attempts their policy is to return to sender.

    My work hours exceed when FedEx delivers with signature required option so the only way I could retrieve my fragrance was to have them hold the package at their distribution center (22 miles away) and pick it up during a rushed lunch break.

    Signature required can be a real pain, but then I guess so is losing a package left on the porch. It's just something to keep in mind when ordering.
    I agree with you. They have signature confirmation for any purchase over $250 dollars.

    After being out of stock of Timbuktu which I ordered on May 4 and got info that it was out of stock on May 8. I then ordered Bleecker St on May 10.

    I received my Bleecker St yesterday. The damn postal worker did 2 knocks at my door I got to the door in 3 seconds and damn if he hadn't already dropped the package and got in his damn truck. I was pissed.

    So for reasons like this delivery confirmation would be very helpful especially when living in an apt complex. If I had my own house with a porch I would be fine.

    Fragrancenet did explain to me that if an order is placed via phone that delivery confirmation can be requested. I will probably do this from now on.

    Also to people having issues with fragrancenet refunding their money. I received mine the same day I got confirmation that my product was out of stock. In my situation they acted swiftly. So hopefully you guys will get your money very soon.

  54. #894
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Fragrancenet are doing themselves no favours with this sale...if you sign up for notification when their stock is available, you get spam mail, if you manage to order they cancel or part fulfill orders without informing you of what exactly you are getting , when they cancel you are left waiting for a refund. What a shambles.

  55. #895
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Too bad, their website and layout is great - but their customer service and way of conducting business is just plain bad.
    Ehh, maybe it's just my computer but every webpage on FragranceNet takes 5 minutes to load. Aside from my personal grumblings, I too might be a little skeptical from here on out for high demand items from the site. Unfortunately, I'll have to scrutinize my purchases a little more from now on.
    "The most beautiful sea hasn’t been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasn’t grown up yet. The most beautiful days we haven’t seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I haven’t said yet…"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

  56. #896
    Dependent Birdboy48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bend Oregon USA
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    It looks to me like I'm going to receive my items with no hassle, so you gotta wonder what I did that was any different from what anyone else did ? Maybe it's simply dumb luck, but there could be some differences.

    As far as delivery, signatures, etc is concerned, these problems may revolve around their decision to use FedEx ( and have FedEx do the actual delivery) or them deciding to do the version of FedEx where FedEx passes the package off to the Postal Service for final delivery.

    I'm out of town now, and simply put a hold on my mail. When I get home I should be able to just go down to my local post office and pick the thing up.

    In consideration of the various possible problems, as was mentioned above, on large orders, probably the best procedure would be to make an order over the phone and confirm the details, rather than simply letting their computers wing it.

    Not sure if their folks can actually confirm if something is still in stock at that exact moment or not, but perhaps they can ?

    .

  57. #897

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy48 View Post
    It looks to me like I'm going to receive my items with no hassle, so you gotta wonder what I did that was any different from what anyone else did ? Maybe it's simply dumb luck, but there could be some differences.

    As far as delivery, signatures, etc is concerned, these problems may revolve around their decision to use FedEx ( and have FedEx do the actual delivery) or them deciding to do the version of FedEx where FedEx passes the package off to the Postal Service for final delivery.

    I'm out of town now, and simply put a hold on my mail. When I get home I should be able to just go down to my local post office and pick the thing up.

    In consideration of the various possible problems, as was mentioned above, on large orders, probably the best procedure would be to make an order over the phone and confirm the details, rather than simply letting their computers wing it.

    Not sure if their folks can actually confirm if something is still in stock at that exact moment or not, but perhaps they can ?

    .
    In regard to the bolded they are able to check.

    I called one day just to ask them if they had a particular fragrance because it had on stock on the website the lady told me they did have it in stock. Not sure what he process was to check but she said it was in stock.

    I know scented monkey is able to do it with no problem.

  58. #898

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Will you post some thoughts about the Voleur De Roses later?
    Voleur de Roses is incredible stuff. The bottle I got was unboxed and the juice was a little on the dark side-- but it had never been sprayed. I was a tad worried that the topnotes would be muted- but I sprayed it on and it was amazing as ever. Patchouli tends to darken over time and it's also one of the oils that gets better as it ages.

    I'm beyond thrilled to have gotten a big bottle of this for basically peanuts. It really is one of the best patchouli/masculine rose scents ever made. Very raw and earthy but refined.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

  59. #899
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    In regard to the bolded they are able to check.

    I called one day just to ask them if they had a particular fragrance because it had on stock on the website the lady told me they did have it in stock. Not sure what he process was to check but she said it was in stock.

    I know scented monkey is able to do it with no problem.
    Knowing systems like these, their website probably updates in the middle of the night at a specific time, whereas their computer system is live inventory.

  60. #900
    Dependent The Smelly Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN (Japan in spirit...)
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

    Don't forget ebates is doing 13% cashback for fragrancenet! That's 33% off after coupon!

Similar Threads

  1. D&G By Man from Fragrancenet not the same...
    By 577Nitroexp in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 23rd August 2011, 12:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •