Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

Oh dear.........I just placed an order (I'm not a US customer) using paypal BEFORE reading this.......not looking forward to having to unpick this mess.

I'd just recently resolved to stop ordering internationally as well, after getting hit for some astronomical customs charges. If only I'd stuck to my guns.

Will report back on progress. Currently my order is 'in their warehouse', but they haven't yet accepted the paypal payment - never experienced that before!
    Currently wearing: Windsor by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    I can now give comments on my experience as I recently placed an order from Fragrancenet for the first time as they had a good offer on Bond No.9 New Haarlem and they say this about UK shipping:

"UK shipments, special notice
    *Great Britain orders are dispatched from the UK and delivered via Royal Mail with full tracking information.
    Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery.

*All VAT/Taxes are included in your shipping cost. You will NOT be subject to further VAT/Taxes when your package is delivered."

Just incase any others in the UK are thinking of ordering and wondering how it works here is a timeline of my order:

21st Sept - Placed order. Payed by Paypal. Order went through okay and was given an order number. The Paypal payment status was Pending action by Fragrancenet.
    23rd Sept - Paypal payment status changes to completed and money is taken from my account.
    24th Sept - Get an email saying the product is in the warehouse and will be contacted again when its dispatched.
    28th Sept - Get an email stating my order has been shipped and includes a Royal Mail tracking number. No information is available when I check the tracking status on Royal Mail website.
    29th Sept - Tracking status says they are informed the package will be entering the Royal Mail network (or words to that effect).
    2nd Oct - Tracking status says the package is at the Manchester processing centre.
    3rd Oct - Package arrives.
    This is reassuring as it closely mirrors my situation. Looks like it took a little longer than "4-7 business days" though?

Great product ordered btw ;-)
    Currently wearing: Windsor by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    This is reassuring as it closely mirrors my situation. Looks like it took a little longer than "4-7 business days" though?

Great product ordered btw ;-)
    I actually ordered another bottle as the last one got used up doing decants. I ordered by Paypal and received before I read about the recent Paypal stories on here. It was a little quicker this time:

Ordered: 30th November
    Payment taken (had to login to Paypal to see this had changed) : 1st December
    Shipped: 3rd December
    Received: 9th December and again very well packaged

Hope it all goes well for you.

....again very well packaged.....
    Well, I've got a package in transit from them too. I certainly hope the packaging has improved because it was pathetic in the past.

The Creed i finally for from them missed the info card but was good. The bond 9 missed some of the packaging, had been sprayed but I cant bother to deal with it. Its full for all intents and purposes.

Horrible shop tho.

I actually ordered another bottle as the last one got used up doing decants. I ordered by Paypal and received before I read about the recent Paypal stories on here. It was a little quicker this time:

Ordered: 30th November
    Payment taken (had to login to Paypal to see this had changed) : 1st December
    Shipped: 3rd December
    Received: 9th December and again very well packaged

Hope it all goes well for you.

I am glad your experience was a good one. I too had a good one....in the past. But unfortunately not now. I have filed a dispute with PayPal explaining the situation. Hopefully it will all get resolved once and for all. I loved the thought of a discount but not with their recent business practice....I was using a coupon as well. Oh well.

I am curious to know if anyone in this thread knows of any "other" perfume discount companies that are actually reliable? I am a little skeptical after all of the junk I have been dealing with lately.

Thanks in advance,

My order is due to arrive tomorrow from FN. It was an order over $200 which I used PayPal to purchase. I also had the order being held, which eventually cleared itself in a days time. Following that, the order was processed and shipped out.

Ordered a replacement for my empty GIT and D&G light blue. Everything I have ordered from them (about 15 bottles) have been in tact and authentic, so I'm hoping the same holds true when I get them tomorrow.

Update:

GIT is in perfect condition, number on back: A3211U01, never been sprayed; same with D&G light blue but I wasn't expecting any issue with that bottle. GIT juice smells perfect, sprays perfect. The 20% coupon on retailmenot.com was a major bonus with this order.

Packaging is their standard; brown grocery bag-type paper, sample of Exceptional and the good old purple compact mirror that everyone I know has been gifted from previous orders lol

Default Fragrancenet

Do they sell fresh and genuine fragrances? thinking about buying from them..

Default Re: Fragrancenet

Buy from them and use our own discount code, BASENOTES

I bought Hanae Mori from them. Hasn't arrived yet. I used a better coupon for 20% off.

tspecp20 or check http://www.retailmenot.com/view/fragrancenet.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsb1996 View Post
    Do they sell fresh and genuine fragrances? thinking about buying from them..
    No need to worry here.

Yup, totally safe to purchase from them; I've used them around 10 times with no problem. And, as mentioned, using the code basenotes gets you a discount, 15% I believe.

A perfectly legitimate site to buy from.

good to hear, thanks for the help

Or see the thread about how horrible they are on this very forum frist.

The goods arr legit, but the shop is horrible.

safe and sound

Dependent

Thanks for the link!

Basenotes Member

Default Fragrancenet issues??

Hey guys, I just came across a few offers on fragrance net that I found really hard to resist. They had Midnight In Paris 4oz EDP for $45 and Gendarme 4oz for $42. This almost seems too good to be true considering they both retail for a lot higher. I am just wondering if anyone else has has bad experience with these folks or if the juice is too old or fake or whatever... I will post what I find out when I receive my shipment.

Default Re: Fragrancenet issues??

Knock wood - haven't has any bad experience yet.

Tried them out a few weeks back, fast shipping, legit and fresh juice. Enjoy

Not yet. I've ordered over 20 bottles from them and never had a bad experience. In fact, they just sent me a bottle of Heritage last week.

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered from them 6 times or so. Never had a problem
    What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?
    Meek and obedient you follow the leader
    Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.

This is the cheapest I've seen MiP EDP. Couldn't resist purchasing a bottle

Thank you for posting, and bringing this to my attention.

Don't forget to look for a code for 15% off. They most always have one. If you don't find one, try VDY24.

Basenotes Member

Thanks for the comments everyone; I rest in assurance now...

Genuine frags & shipping is good. They don't pack the fragrances very well though so don't use them when you care about the packaging.

Default Fragrancenet testers.. Reliable?

Has anybody ever had any issues with their testers? I just received Creed IM and GIT testers today... But something seems a little off... The GIT label looks a little offset and the sprayers aren't indented in the middle like my Aventus bottle... Should I be worried?

Default Re: Fragrancenet testers.. Reliable?

There's nothing to worry about.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast