Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    These guys need to fix their software. What the heck is going on? Are they running Windows 98?
    I think they're actually running DOS, and I finally know what that acronym really means... Denial of Scent!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I think they're actually running DOS, and I finally know what that acronym really means... Denial of Scent!
    Good one!

Only now they have shipped my stuff. I did not get patchouli Patch but Voleur de Roses is on the way. I hope they credit me without problems.

Got my bottle of Timbuktu, old packaging, w/box, un-sprayed. Happy man. Faith partially restored in FragranceNet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaoilgeal View Post
    My work hours exceed when FedEx delivers with signature required option so the only way I could retrieve my fragrance was to have them hold the package at their distribution center (22 miles away) and pick it up during a rushed lunch break.

Signature required can be a real pain, but then I guess so is losing a package left on the porch. It's just something to keep in mind when ordering.
    They have no other locations where they can hold locally besides the distribution center? Normally there are many of these smaller fedex sites around like the old fedex/kinkos locations. Search their site...
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

I cant wait to receive my bottles, i bought 7 of them, and the reviews seems very exciting.

I think we didnt thought but would be nice to have some inexpensive splits, no? Specially with that 250ml bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    They have no other locations where they can hold locally besides the distribution center? Normally there are many of these smaller fedex sites around like the old fedex/kinkos locations. Search their site...
    For whatever reason the only location they would hold the package was their main delivery and distribution site. They did have one much closer but for some reason it wasn't offered - or it wasn't available. A 22 mile drive during lunch hour in Dallas is an adventure!
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Got my bottle of Timbuktu, old packaging, w/box, un-sprayed. Happy man. Faith partially restored in FragranceNet.
    Good to hear they made up for their earlier miscues!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I got my bottle of Timbuktu yesterday as well. It was boxed, but there was no plastic wrapping (not sure if this is typical for this brand or not). The bottle had not been sprayed; I had to pump it 4 or so times to get the first full spray and the nozzle did not smell of anything before I sprayed it.
    I'm quite happy with the fragrance... no noticeable difference when compared to my luckyscent sample. Now if only I could get a bottle of Al Aoud for the same price!

For whatever reason the only location they would hold the package was their main delivery and distribution site. They did have one much closer but for some reason it wasn't offered - or it wasn't available. A 22 mile drive during lunch hour in Dallas is an adventure!
    Have you called Fedex to ensure that that can't hold it at a possible fedex/kinkos location.

Reason I'm askin is because I ordered from scentedmonkey on tuesday got 2 day shipping.

I knew I wouldn't be home for expected time of delivery so I called Fedex. I was able to change my location with no problem. They did inform me that it is guaranteed expected time of arrival at the distribution center (which I chose) because it will be the first place that receives the package of course yet if it has to be to another facility you have to include Fedex driver dropping off other packages and the fact that it may not be dropped off at another location until later that night possibly.

Even with this still, I got 2 phone calls from Fedex and they informed me that my package was actually at a location closer to where I live which was a Fedex/Kinkos. I got my package at that location which was very close to where I live 2 miles to be exact. It saved me and extra 11miles from the actual distribution center.

Call them to ensure that they aren't able to drop it off at the location closest to you.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks Frostyicy.

Sorry if I made this sound like it was something that happened recently.
    This happened in August 2011 with my order of Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque and Chene.

I called FedEx multiple times: 1. enquiry about alternatives, 2. complaining that I wouldn't be home for the delivery after processing being told they would hold the box for a week (I think it was a week) and then send it back to FN - which riled me so much that I told them to go ahead and send it back to FN. (I wasn't ever offered any options other than those two.) 3. Of course, I came to my senses and called them back and had them hold the shipment for me.

I asked if they could deliver it on the weekend - answer: No
    I asked if they could simply drop it off at my door - answer: No
    I asked if they could let me know the approximate time they would deliver it on the week day so that I could take off a partial day from work instead of all day - answer: No

My options as explained by the FedEx phone support was to be home or to pick it up at the main distribution center. I would have been thrilled to have had it dropped off somewhere closer. Wasn't an option that I was given and not one I thought to ask about.

Hasn't stopped me from ordering from FN - I just don't order over $200 at a time.
    Really seems my gripe is with FedEx rather than FN, doesn't it?

The purpose of my post was originally just to warn of the potential for expensive orders from FN to require a signature. Amazing how much I vented about such a distant experience...guess I should learn to let go!

More recently my orders for Cuir D'Oranger, Mechant Loup and Bulgari Homme arrived with no complaints and my order of Voleur de Roses should arrive today!
    Last edited by Fhaoilgeal; 19th May 2012 at 08:46 PM.

Ah, just received my Voleur de Roses - 100ml unboxed. Perfect condition, not primed, delicious.
    Thumbs up for L'Artisan and FN (caveat emptor as noted)!

Ah, just received my Voleur de Roses - 100ml unboxed. Perfect condition, not primed, delicious.
    Thumbs up for L'Artisan and FN (caveat emptor as noted)!
    That's great to hear. Voleur de Roses was the ONE scent that I really, really, really wanted from L'Artisan and it was sold out the first time. I'm glad that you and I were each able to get a bottle when a few more were made available. This is really incredible juice. One of my all-time favorites. Getting a 3.4 oz bottle of VdR for around $50 is probably the best score I've ever made!

Cheers!

Well I finally got my 50ml Navegar - actually the shipping time on this wasn't so bad but I'm still a bit upset over losing out on the 100ml bottle in the first order (and then losing out on the Jatamansi in the second order!).

It was unboxed and primed, but was not really missing any noticeable juice. The best part? It is one of the new style 50ml bottles. The only other L'Artisan I own - the re-issued Iris Pallida - is also in a new style bottle and I like consistency like that whenever possible.

Due to the many complications and general BS though, I will refrain from ever ordering from FragranceNet again outside of insanely ridiculous deals like this which simply can't be passed up. If necessary I'll pay a few bucks more though to order from somewhere else for any more normal, future frag purchases.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Yeah, I got my frag, but in the end, they still stuck me.

I got L'Eau de L'Artisan. Smells great. Smells authentic. Full bottle.

Sprayer doesn't work.

Thankfully, we have Brian's syring-o-matic method, so I'm not giving up on this one!

There are some in stock right now, including this:

http://www.fragrancenet.com/l-artisa...mf/en_US/22719

Gogogogogogogoooooooooo

gtm2p for 20% discount

I bought Tea for Two 3.4oz and Premier Figuier Extreme 3.4oz (unboxed)

Lets hope they will ship my goods.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post

Thanks for the heads up, I just bought the 3.4 unboxed!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Thanks for the heads-up, d4N13L. Just placed an order for a new 1.7 Tea for Two.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I just bought the 3.4 unboxed!
    It is not available on the site as of about an hour and a half ago. I had the 3.4 in my cart and I was jerking around to try and find a another fragrance to order so I could get the free shipping. Then it was no longer on the site but in my cart so I ordered the 1.7 and got a confirmation email. They did this to me before with DHI where they said that the order went through and then they emailed me that there was no more available.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    It is not available on the site as of about an hour and a half ago. I had the 3.4 in my cart and I was jerking around to try and find a another fragrance to order so I could get the free shipping. Then it was no longer on the site but in my cart so I ordered the 1.7 and got a confirmation email. They did this to me before with DHI where they said that the order went through and then they emailed me that there was no more available.
    I got a confirmation email and I see that it is no longer no the site. I hope they ship it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I got a confirmation email and I see that it is no longer no the site. I hope they ship it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
    I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    I haven't been screwed out of a frag by Fragrancenet yet, and I'm hoping today isn't the day haha.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Just to say that I received the three items I ordered in the earlier buy, unprimed and just as described. Old style cap on Timbucktu, but I can live with that. Got a tracking notice, and was able to follow the shipment as it moved across the country.

It would seem that often they only receive one or two bottles of various things at a time (stock from retail stores that is brand new, never sprayed, but past-dated, I suspect) and that that's the problem : they only have one or two bottles, but their system is geared to accept orders as though they have limitless numbers of them, and only later does a human being step in.

But I would say that if you manage to make it through the first parts of the initial ordering process without receiving a cancellation notice, there's a good chance you'll receive your juice.
    Last edited by Birdboy48; 25th May 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Yesterday got my bottles. Timbuktu 100 ml is vintage juice and bottle, great.
    Annick Goutal Vetiver...Oh my god. What a wonderful frag...

I am so happy!!

I ordered a 1.7 ounce Tea for Two for $32.51.

After my order confirmation I got a "Your order is currently in our warehouse" email. Does this mean that shipping my order is a sure thing?

How did you get Tea for Two

I think you should be good at this point Racuda

Does FragranceNet not carry any of the good L'Artisan releases?

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    I ordered a 1.7 ounce Tea for Two for $32.51.

After my order confirmation I got a "Your order is currently in our warehouse" email. Does this mean that shipping my order is a sure thing?
    Unfortunately that does not mean that you will definitely have your order shipped. The first time I ordered Timbuktu I got the same email, only to be followed by a separate email several days later stating that the item was out of stock and that my order had been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    Does FragranceNet not carry any of the good L'Artisan releases?
    Not anymore, apparently. Even though some show up on their website, they still seem to be out of stock of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    How did you get Tea for Two

I think you should be good at this point Racuda
    It was on the website yesterday morning at 8:30 and by 9:00 it had disappeared.

crumbs

Quote Originally Posted by bourbon108 View Post
    Unfortunately that does not mean that you will definitely have your order shipped. The first time I ordered Timbuktu I got the same email, only to be followed by a separate email several days later stating that the item was out of stock and that my order had been cancelled.
    Alas, I just got the "out of stock" email.

Same here

Me too. What a joke. No more FragranceNet purchases in the future for me.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Same here... I don't know why I thought any different after my Dior Homme Intense order from 3 months ago?
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post

Oh no...Canceled last night.
    I dont received any of my orders yet, still waiting the goods to arrive.

It seems like this is a huge problem with these L'Artisans.....I had the same problem when I ordered timbuktu. I just decided to give up on Timbuktu...I was somewhat paranoid about whether I would enjoy it anyway.

Other than that my other purchases from fragrancenet has always been successful with no problems.

Friday 06/01 I received the first package with Mure et Musc Extreme, Passage d'Enfer and Mechant Loup.
    27 days, it was fast to receive something internationally at Brazil.

I tested Mure et Musc Extreme and Passage d'Enfer quickly, but liked (MeME is a fruitybomb).

Today im wearing Mechant Loup, and im quite liking. Its very honeyed with hazelnut (or almonds?) and also very natural-smelling.
    For me it reminds me Tea for Two, i think for the honey.

I received Leau du Navigateur last friday. Its such a good fragrance, but it reminds me a mix of Antaeus and Santos de Cartier.
    For the price that i paid (better than both) it was a great deal. If i have paid full retail price i would be very upset cause the Chanel and/or the Cartier are better options.

Basenotes Plus

Default Fragrancenet not Selling Bond anymore?

Was looking to purchase a Bond Fragrance for GF, checked the Fragrancenet website and no Bond. Tried some direct links I had from previous e-mails, and no Bond. Wonder what happened.

Default Re: Fragrancenet not Selling Bond anymore?

I've heard Bond somewhat overprotective of their products. I know that sample websites (such as the perfumed court) aren't allowed to sell samples of their products. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally gave the word to Fragrancenet that they weren't allowed to sell their products anymore. Shame because you could get them for just about the cheapest price on the internet on what they had in stock.

Maybe they lost their distribution source.

Usually plenty of Bond's on eBay for decent prices, and I've never seen a faked Bond yet.

Damn it, just when I was about to purchase New Haarlem.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Maybe they lost their distribution source.
    I thought that at first, but Bond fragrances don't even show up in the Fragrancenet search results any more. If they were just out of stock, it would still show up in the search results. Heck, even Pure Coffee and Pure Malt still show up in the search, and they've been out of stock of those for years.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got a sharply worded legal letter from Bond demanding that they remove their fragrances from their website.

I just made this discovery and am SO disappointed. I was just about to order 2/3 Bonds, having 'sat out' their refill offer with the intention of ordering from Fragrancenet.

Gutted. I guess they're not coming back either?

Default Is FragranceNet Legit?

I was thinking of picking up some bottles from here and do they sell fakes?

I wanted to get the Original Dior Homme Sport. Heres the link.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/dior-hom...mf/en_US/20150

Default Re: Is FragranceNet Legit?

Definitely legit.

did 2 purchases with them, total of 8 bottles... legit do far

Basenotes Plus

Agree with above.

They're legit in terms of not shipping fakes.

Just be very sure not to click on anything after you complete your purchase. Just print the page if you want, then close your browser window immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Definitely legit.
    This, I've ordered plenty of times from them.

Looks like Bond is back on Fragrancenet.

Default Fragrancenet? Other?

Hello!

I've recently looked through Fragrancenet, and surprised how much they offer.
    Great prices, but does the VAT/TAX-Free really work?

I live in Denmark, and if i buy for more than 12$ normally i get taxes (VAT, Taxes, Import-payment, all that ....) for 40$+. That sucks. Does anyone have experience with this? Does other countries than Denmark actually have tax-issues? I have no idea, lol.

Are there other websites that either are VAT/TAX Free, trustable?

Or other EU online stores, that maybe offer free worldwide shipping, or exceptional great price offers?

Please let me know, I'm looking to get some bottles

Thanks

- Mudi

Default Re: Fragrancenet? Other?

In the U.S., I do not have an issue with taxes. It is the first time I've heard of other countries getting taxed for goods bought internationally.

If you do choose to buy from FragranceNet, I do have to warn you that processing time and shipping is not that fast. Domestically, it takes 1-2 weeks total here.

Basenotes Plus

In my experience, FragranceNet ships in one day and the packages arrive in three to four days. Every bottle that I've purchased has been authentic and of high quality.

I'd go with Fragrancenet too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Looks like Bond is back on Fragrancenet.
    Beat me to it! Was just coming to report the good news!