Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Fragrancenet - do they sell genuine fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Agreed. Authentic, but the packing is crazy...

- drop frag (in box) and samples, unwrapped, into 1-foot cubic cardboard box
    - wad up a big ball of brown paper and stuff it in the center of the box
    - seal box
    - if frag breaks samples, you won't complain
    - if frag itself breaks, they will give you refund or repeat order

But always genuine, reasonable price, and fast.
    No, no, no.. they've imporoved. I was so lucky to receive TWO small balls of brown papers!! The rest stayed the same lol .........

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

From memory the whole process took 9 working days, I was expecting it to arrive 2 to 3 weeks later so 9 days was a good surprise.

2 nights ago I made 2 orders: 3 items from FragranceNet, and 3 items from ScentedMonkey. SM shipped the next day, whereas FN still hasn't shipped yet. I have ordered from ScentedMonkey numerous times and they have been PERFECT every time. FN, if nothing else, is a little slow.

Default My Horrible Fragrancenet experience

Hey guys,

Thought I should post my experience just as a forewarning, and perhaps so anyone else can chime in if they had any simmilar situations. I understand that people have had a few good experiences with them so its too bad that they dropped the ball on mine

Sept 29 - Made my order
    Sept 30th - Inqired by E-mail if there was any price protection as I found the items cheaper on Parfum1, and if not if I could cancel the order. Tried to this by phone but no pickup at Fragrancenet
    Sept 30 - Standard E-mail from Fragrancenet stating that they recieved the order and its being processed.
    Oct 1 - Standard E-mail stating It is in the warehouse and they will let me know when it ships.
    Oct 11 - E-mail from Fragrancenet stating that they recieved my request to Cancel the order and that it has been cancelled (Odd it took them 11 days to tell me that they cancel the order, but I was ok with this, and made an order with Parfum1 immediately after)
    Oct 13 - E-mail from Fragrancenet stating that it has been shipped from their warehouse (WTF?, I respond back immediately asking if it was a mistake as I was told that it was cancelled, no answer, Email again on the 14th no answer, Email again on the 15th no answer)
    Oct 18 - Recieve e-mail from fragrance net stating that per my request the order was cancelled
    Oct 19 - Recieve my parcel from Fragrancenet (WTF)
    Oct 20 - Inform that I recieved it, no response to e-mail to date
    Oct 20 - Call Fragrancenet and spoke to an extremely rude CSR they stated that I had two orders for the same thing (False, I have checked my email thoughly and only have one order number), and that I could return them back at my cost - No way am I going to spend my money for their mistake

Luckily they wern't high value items and I should be able to sell them at the price I paid Body Kouros and Rochas Man at $35 each. Their delay in responding to messages, messups with their Ordering department and Warehouse means this company will never get my money again.

Poor experience, and I will be going to Parfum1 for most of my future cologne purchases (didn't get dinged on Duties either)

Default Re: My Horrible Fragrancenet experience

Never ever email them, only communicate by phone no matter how annoying the reps are. They do not respond to emails.

Hope I don't sound too "preachy" but: these discounters are able to offer the prices they do because they don't have to pay many people, among other things. I've ordered from them at least 20 times and never had a bad experience, but I don't expect customer service, any more than I would at a TJ Maxx or a Dollar Store. I did have a question when an order seemed to take too long recently, and called, and it was answered very politely and efficiently. Considering the lousy state of "customer service" in the perfume departments of, oh, just about any department store (ignorant, aggressive SA's who know nothing about their product) it is worth it to me to do my research online and then order from a discounter, also online. I refuse to pay retail markup for fragrance, and FN is my first go-to when looking for a full bottle. They've never disappointed me.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Default Unboxed Pure Malt from Fragrancenet are used?

Hey guys,

Im thinking in get a Pure Malt from fragrancenet.

New 68 and unboxed 61 bucks

If the unboxed can be used for some reason i will buy a new, if not, never sprayed, i will get the unboxed one.

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Unboxed Pure Malt from Fragrancenet are used?

Get the new, there was a whole fiasco when fragrancenet first started re-offering pure malt...alot of people had open boxes with missing juice

a bunch of people also returned theirs so unbox is probably used.

For the pittance of difference in price might as well go with the new and get it new. You'll have the box and no worries about how 'used' it was or wasn't.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Thank you guys, i will get the new in box.

Ps:

Looks like the limited edition are only a marketing virus, lol!!

Even pure coffee are not hard to get one (talking about that, im thinking in get one pure coffee too!)

I don't have first-hand experience with them but we had many posts about items from FN that had bad juice, apparently due to bad storage, along with damaged boxes, etc. Based on those, I personally would shop elsewhere even if it means I pay a little more.

I got mine from there; was in a opened box with no seal on it but the bottle had never been used, took like 3 sprays to actually get the juice to spray

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    I got mine from there; was in a opened box with no seal on it but the bottle had never been used, took like 3 sprays to actually get the juice to spray
    There is a work around that. Turning the bottle upside down so there is no juice in contact with the long plastic tube attached to the atomizer and spray. That way the tube is empty and might seem that it is new and never sprayed.

I also bought a bottle of pure malt from fragrancenet, which was open and some juice seemed to be missing. I suggest getting a new one.

I got a new in box version yesterday.
    Thanks for the tips guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    hope you enjoy it. I didnt. =[

If i didnt like, will be veeeeeeeeeeeery easy to trade.

But ima gourmand lover (and alcohool lover too ^^), for sure i will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    In what condition did the box come in? Was it still covered in cellophane? The PM I ordered from fragrancenet was scratched and the box a bit crumbled.

I dont know the conditions, cause i ordered yesterday, and im in brazil, so it will take 1 month or more to come to me!

Wow that sucks. 1 month shipping lol

I live in a jungle, you offer me a perfume, i offer a free monkey!!

Sorry I missed this earlier, I would've told you to go through TM directly or see if Nordstrom ships there because the PM bottles from Fragrancenet are skechy. At least you got a boxed one, the unboxed one that I got was used, skunked, and terrible. The 2 dollar discount for the apparently new one isn't worth it for the hassle, though it's nice to see at least they're specifying that it's unboxed now.

Angry FragranceNet.com raises Creed prices by $60+ overnight... WTF?

I went to order a 4oz bottle of Millesime Imperial tonight, and lo and behold, the price jumped from about $140 to almost $200. Green Irish Tweed went from $149 to almost $210. I had just checked these prices a couple of days ago. Looks like they did this all across the board. Not sure about other brands, but Creeds definitely went up by about $50 ~ $60 per bottle. I'd ask why, but I already know the answer... holidays are coming up, lots more buyers, jack up the prices accordingly. Nice, real nice. Needless to say I'm going to keep shopping around.

Just a heads up, and curious if anyone else notices other brands getting overnight price increases.

Default Re: FragranceNet.com raises Creed prices by $60+ overnight... WTF?

Well, you can't really give them crap for that. That's how a good business operates. Personally I'd simply avoid Fragrancenet, their attempts to scam you to sign up to some of their sponsor websites after you checkout seals the deal for me.

I've been scouting fragrancenet prices on MI for a while, went from 144 to 177 to 192 to 199 ish. When I asked them why they said they have fresh 2010 stock which might be true but the last MI i got from them on oct 20 ish (at the 144 price tag) was complete garbage missing the top notes.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Not sure you got it right a few days ago to be honest, usually Creed 4oz are way more than 140, pretty much everywhere online the 140 tag price refers to 1 oz bottle. For comparison, a 4oz GIT flacon is priced at 270 $ on creedboutique and neiman marcus and I doubt it was half the price at fragrancenet. 210 is still a decent price actually compared to that.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

http://www.parfum1.com/millesime-imp...asp?itm=CREEIM

And they have a 10% off coupon on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    Not sure you got it right a few days ago to be honest, usually Creed 4oz are way more than 140, pretty much everywhere online the 140 tag price refers to 1 oz bottle. For comparison, a 4oz GIT flacon is priced at 270 $ on creedboutique and neiman marcus and I doubt it was half the price at fragrancenet. 210 is still a decent price actually compared to that.
    Green Irish Tweed was $149 just a few days ago. I almost bought one with the BASENOTES 15% coupon, but decided against it at the last second. And as ctran019 stated in this thread, he purchased MI for $144 less than a month ago. With the BASENOTES code, MI would have came to $123 for the 4oz bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post

Thanks man. Are they reputable? Never ordered from them.

they also raised hermes, and many others of the more costly ones. this happened sometime this last week... have you read the reviews on their website below the photo of each scent?.... 95%-100% 'thumbs excitedly up'..... especially for that thing there are not ashamed of sending everybody as a free sample. the hilarious thing is that the bottle looks like malle.... and there is a reviewer there stating he has stocked up himself with 3-4 bottles, just to make sure he would not run short on it.....

parfum1 has about 2-3 of the gold bottles all of which are authentic, but these gold bottles are quite old so who knows if the top notes even exist as well.

And roc xel I know for sure 4oz was 144 ~ as payed 122 with coupon and I still have the confirmation email from them. Sadly I received a garbage version of Millesime imperial.

How about the fact that Creed continue to raise their retail prices? Each new release seems to be more expensive, and numerous full range price hikes have come and gone. Maybe they can't source bottles as cheap as before, or maybe Creed is doing a better job at controlling distribution.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I've been following their relentless price increase of Creeds too. I thought it could be because of the holiday season when their purchases multiply. It could well be the case of profit enhancement on increased volumes.

I would definitely be reluctant on buying 4oz Creed bottles for usd 130. Has to be old or something, there has to be a trick somewhere imo. Maybe they want to get rid of old bottles or something, coz it's litteraly half the price of reputed sellers.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I went to order a 4oz bottle of Millesime Imperial tonight, and lo and behold, the price jumped from about $140 to almost $200. Green Irish Tweed went from $149 to almost $210. I had just checked these prices a couple of days ago. Looks like they did this all across the board. Not sure about other brands, but Creeds definitely went up by about $50 ~ $60 per bottle. I'd ask why, but I already know the answer... holidays are coming up, lots more buyers, jack up the prices accordingly. Nice, real nice. Needless to say I'm going to keep shopping around.

Just a heads up, and curious if anyone else notices other brands getting overnight price increases.
    Hallo, fellow WVian! You can order GIT from Walgreens for cheapish. Until the 20th you can use the PERFUME code to knock off 20%, too.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Parfum1 is legit, they're a company based in NYC. The generally have 15% off couples floating around at all times plus the occasional 20% off. I find they generally have good prices if not the best on many many frags. The only catch for me is that they sometimes charge for the shipping and I think they may charge taxes (at least when I order to ship to NYC) so the 15% basically cancels out. but I have ordered from them a few times and they are reputable.

that Walgreens discount about is a solid deal, 4oz GIT for $120. not bad.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by 6of1 View Post
    Hallo, fellow WVian! You can order GIT from Walgreens for cheapish. Until the 20th you can use the PERFUME code to knock off 20%, too.
    Just bought a 4 oz bottle of Royal Water from Walgreen's website for $88, free shipping.

Price increase might be due to Creed cracking down on unauthorized distribution channels, making the gray market bottles more difficult to procure. I mean, Creed must be hearing complaints from the "legit" resellers that discount online sites are cutting into their sales. All speculation, but you can imagine something like that going on.
    Last edited by adonis; 17th November 2010 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I would definitely be reluctant on buying 4oz Creed bottles for usd 130. Has to be old or something, there has to be a trick somewhere imo. Maybe they want to get rid of old bottles or something, coz it's litteraly half the price of reputed sellers.
    I got mine for 125 on eBay! Completely legitimate and smells fantastic. It's all about the seller.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Ebay is definitely different. You know you buy it second hand. Was more refering to online stores, there has to be a catch if you can buy a creed for 30% (88 instead of 270) of its original price as marketed in places like neiman or creedboutique imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I got mine for 125 on eBay! Completely legitimate and smells fantastic. It's all about the seller.
    Who's the seller please so I can get a bottle.

It seems that they are reajusting a lot of prices in their site. I have already notice a fragrance that was significately incresed its price on their site from the day to the night. They have listed Vetiver frozen for 35 dollars and then the price raised to almost 50 dollars on the next day. The same happened to signoricci 2, which was 50 and then went to 80 dollars i think. So it seems that it`s a common practice of the store now.

ya alot of prices shot up. I suggest not buying from them for a while!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Take a look at the Coupons and Discounts Board for a few deals on Creed and others. For example Walgreens has a deal going through the 20th of November. (I calculate 4.0 oz GIT and 4.0 oz Original Vetiver @$120.00 after discount code). Free shipping over $25 purchase on most items also.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I saw that Walgreens buy in another thread. Awesome deal w/ the 20% coupon. I was initially going to purchase GIT but decided to get MI instead because (as lame as it sounds) I'm trying to finish up my bottle of Cool Water first. Man I wish Walgreens sold MI, I would order one immediately if they did. Ah well, I may just go ahead and order GIT from them and ask for MI for Xmas.

I also recently ordered from FragranceNet and was quite pleased with the prices, as I find everything in Canada is more expensive... However, as others have mentioned, the packaging of the items leaves a lot to be desired. My YSL La nuit de l'homme is not even sealed, its box is a little beat up, and my JPG Le Male has a dent in the can.

Oh well... I suppose I'll keep them, what do you think?

I ordered from fragrancenet once a year ago, got my 2 items quickly and as described. But I haven't bought from them again. Bought my past few colognes on ebay with great prices, quick shipping, solid packaging, and sealed products!

Default FragranceNET question....

I've written them 2 emails but received no answer as of yet. Does anyone know if they (FragranceNET) deliver worldwide?

Thank you!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: FragranceNET question....

Yes they do!
    If you create a free account, and add something to the cart... you can then use the shipping calculator to select your country, and it will tell you the cost per item to ship.
    Ive had no problems with purchases from them in the US to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Yes they do!
    If you create a free account, and add something to the cart... you can then use the shipping calculator to select your country, and it will tell you the cost per item to ship.
    Ive had no problems with purchases from them in the US to Australia.
    Thank you Sorcery of Scent!! Creating an account with them now.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: Serge Lutens from Fragrancenet?

I must admit, I will buy any fragrance cheap or expensive if I like it...I'm not a snob it that sense, however, checking out the prices on Fragrancenet, they are NOT that much cheaper than Aedes or Luckyscent; so to put my mind at ease and to absolutely assure myself that I am not getting a counterfeit product, I will buy from these niche boutiques especially at prices >$100 or more. This idea also includes other Haute-Couture fragrances such as Creed, Bond #9 New York, Frederick Malle, etc....as for "regular" brands/lines, such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, I will look at these other sites.

This is just my own reasoning and two cents worth. :-)

I absolutely love a bargain and getting a Lutens for less than $100 is really a wonderful thing. That said, I've at least 4 bottles of Lutens from Parfum1 and they all arrived in mint condition. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sourced directly from the distributor as DocmannCC suggests. I've also noticed that many of the online fragrance discount shops seem to be working with the same inventory.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceluvr View Post
    I must admit, I will buy any fragrance cheap or expensive if I like it...I'm not a snob it that sense, however, checking out the prices on Fragrancenet, they are NOT that much cheaper than Aedes or Luckyscent; so to put my mind at ease and to absolutely assure myself that I am not getting a counterfeit product, I will buy from these niche boutiques especially at prices >$100 or more. This idea also includes other Haute-Couture fragrances such as Creed, Bond #9 New York, Frederick Malle, etc....as for "regular" brands/lines, such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, I will look at these other sites.

This is just my own reasoning and two cents worth. :-)
    Well they are definitely much cheaper with the 15% discount code factored into the equation.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I bought a bottle of Un Bois Vanille from Fragrancenet at a great price and it was smelled exactly like the TPC sample that I had tested. I've always had good luck with them.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I have ordered Lutens from strawberrynet and they are the real deal. Have compared them against existing bottles bought from my local high end department store. Fabulous prices!

Default Re: concerns about fragrancenet.com

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Some basenoters were saying that they also got a free sample of Exceptional... because you are cologne with each order. I don't know if this is still the case, but I believe every basenoter needs to wear this cologne out at least once in their lifetime. Not a bad scent actually.
    Yeah, I got a sample of it as well. Seems like a knockoff of Ed Hardy Love and Luck, but not nearly as good.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Avoid fragrancenet when it comes to unboxed or tester items... I have ordered many times from them and the only time I had a problem was when I ordered an EXPENSIVE fragrance that was "UNBOXED"! Their customer service is worse than CRAPPY, they hang up on you when you call so you have to keep calling till someone feels like taking your call "without hanging up of course" and they almost never reply to their customer service emails!
    When returning an item they claim it takes 2 weeks after receiving it to refund you which is bull****, you should get refunded right away not after 2 weeks OR more, who know?!

Not the best place to order from because customer service is very important to me and to many online shoppers... but they're working hard on becoming the WORST place to shop for fragrance online I guess!
    I just ordered Bleu De Chanel from them and all they offered was unboxed. They ended up taping the bottle inside a half torn cardboard box. Thankfully, it arrived in great condition. My only complaint was shipping was a little slow, but it was free...

Youre welcome

FragranceNet: Ordered two bottles (both boxed) on Thursday 9 December with immediate email confirmation; email advice that it was shipped on Monday 13 December; item delivered (to Australia) on Friday 31 December. Packed in a box too big for purpose, lots of brown paper as 'packing', a sample of 'Exceptional' and a complementary finger nail block. Everything arrived in one piece, the box was a little worse for wear and tear.

I must say the last order was unsatisfactory : the juice of Tsar had little power, It seems to be off
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

So I finally had my first bad experience with Fragrancenet. I just received the wrong version of a fragrance I ordered, not only that, but it also leaked a good portion of the Juice. 2 Weeks and no answer from fragrancenet yet.

Never had a problem with them before...Oh well.

Default Creed product purchase from fragrancenet experience...Please help

Ok, so as I posted earlier, I made my first purchase of a full bottle of niche fragrance (Creed GIT) from fragrancenet. Someone is telling me about their experience with Creed fragrance from fragrancenet. Stale and does not smell like the real thing. Anyone else experience this? thanks for your help.