Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Creed product purchase from fragrancenet experience...Please help

If it's heavily discounted, odds are it's an older batch bought wholesale and sold until they've run through the supply.

Still the real thing, generally. Although there are plenty of exceptions in the frag world, more often than not you do get what you pay for.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Creed scents are pretty notorious for being different from bottle to bottle. I seriously doubt that your purchase from fragrancenet is some kind of fake.

I have also observed in my time here an inordinate number of new members who pop for their first Creed from a cheaper source than retail of the Creed boutique and are immediately concerned it's not real or they've been ripped off. We almost need a term for it like firstcreedaphobia.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    If it's heavily discounted, odds are it's an older batch bought wholesale and sold until they've run through the supply.

Still the real thing, generally. Although there are plenty of exceptions in the frag world, more often than not you do get what you pay for.
    good point

how long does it take Creed to go bad?

this house is like the Jaguar of the frag world seems to disappoint every chance it gets

I always buy my niche-fragrances from Parfumsraffy, Luckyscent, or Lessenteurs. You have to pay full price, but it`s worth it!

I got mine from fragrancex.com for incridibles 62 usd for 2,5oz Tester.

Mine is light and last 3 or 4 hours.
    I saw some people talking that mine is the new bottle, and creed needs to be a little bit older to goes better.
    So im waiting, at least, 6 months, to retest my bottle.

Yes, I am recovering from "firstcreedaphobia"! Thanks to so many threads here about this terrible disease, but there is hope!

I got mine from them too. They don't sell fakes. Absolutely no problems here and I am waiting for a second niche fragrance from them.
    Anyways they'll take it back if you are not satisfied and give you back your money.

I think is great that not two bottles smell exactly the same, natural stuff is perfectly imperfect
    Just like us humans
    Last edited by Ivan D' Great; 31st January 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks for everyones help. I hope to receive the bottle by the end of the week. I will let everyone know how it goes?

Have had no problems with the few Creed products I purchased from Fragrancenet.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Thanks for everyones help. I hope to receive the bottle by the end of the week. I will let everyone know how it goes?
    If you read all the posts here about fake creed and look at all the pics It will help. One thing I noticed in mine was the quality of the spray, I haven't experience that with any other fragrance, it's a very generous spray and is like a very fine mist. Don't take the sprayer off It took me a while and wasted juice to get it back on!! if your looking for signs of a fake that is.
    Wear it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Creed scents are pretty notorious for being different from bottle to bottle. I seriously doubt that your purchase from fragrancenet is some kind of fake.

I have also observed in my time here an inordinate number of new members who pop for their first Creed from a cheaper source than retail of the Creed boutique and are immediately concerned it's not real or they've been ripped off. We almost need a term for it like firstcreedaphobia.
    I think the batch differences exist, but the fact it's from a discounter means the buyer immediately assumes it must be the retailers fault. They're suspicious even before unboxing! Mine was from a discounter but I already had a sample.

Buy a sample/test at store. Compare. Simplez.
    (they wont be identicle but should be close enough).

In my experience with both Fragrancenet and premium retailers your chances of getting a "crappy" batch of Creed is about the same. There's just no consistence from batch to batch and paying four times more for a bottle of GIT does not guarantee it will be the sweet juice of the gods you were hoping to get. After a few fiascos, if I ever buy any more Creeds it'll be from someplace I can either sniff it first or return easily. Just for the record - Fragrancenet had no problem with me returning the bottles with nasty Creed batches.

BTW, I think the huge incostinencies between the different batches contribute to the myth of Creeds being widely faked. I doubt that it actually happens as often as is commonly believed. Creeds are a lottery, some will smell divine and others will range from weak, watered-down renditions to harsh "scrubbers", regardless of where you buy them from.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    In my experience with both Fragrancenet and premium retailers your chances of getting a "crappy" batch of Creed is about the same. There's just no consistence from batch to batch and paying four times more for a bottle of GIT does not guarantee it will be the sweet juice of the gods you were hoping to get. After a few fiascos, if I ever buy any more Creeds it'll be from someplace I can either sniff it first or return easily. Just for the record - Fragrancenet had no problem with me returning the bottles with nasty Creed batches.

BTW, I think the huge incostinencies between the different batches contribute to the myth of Creeds being widely faked. I doubt that it actually happens as often as is commonly believed. Creeds are a lottery, some will smell divine and others will range from weak, watered-down renditions to harsh "scrubbers", regardless of where you buy them from.
    Maby you`r right. I bought a bottle Original Vetiver from Parfumsraffy that was so watered down, I could hardly detect it on my skin. I did also buy Erolfa, and it did smell nasty and rotten. Completely different from the new bottle I own now.

I've had no problems with several purchases from fragrancenet.com. However, when I tried GIT (from a different online seller), I also purchased a sample vial from a different seller to authenticate my GIT. My bottle was authentic. I didn't find GIT offensive, it just didn't turn my crank so I sold it. I might check it out again down the road.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    ... I also purchased a sample vial from a different seller to authenticate my GIT.
    I've also procured a bunch of official samples (a few of GIT among them) and lo and behold - there are at least three distinct varieties of GIT in my handful of official 100% legit GIT samples There's just too much variation from one batch to another to be sure of anything when buying a bottle unsniffed. I love a good Creed frag but this part drives me nuts.

Oldness is probably your problem. If you can comapare at Neiman Marcus try doing so. If it's really bad, I would ask them if you can return it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post

This seems like the case to me. I had a friend compare a real retail bottle of Millesime Imperial with the carded sample he got just because he got flack for shooting it down for longevity issues. They both smelled the same to him and lasted the same. Still didn't convince him to buy it, but at least it assured him that having a sample wasn't totally the case. Natural ingredients, different batches from a perfumery like Creed that seems to use more human hands than machinery to make their product. There's a few hiccups. Hell, sometimes their packaging isn't always consistent. I've seen people with a leak on their flacons shipped from Creed and end up losing about 4-5 mls of juice in transit. Or the boxes are a little odd (that seems to be more of the retailer/reseller's fault than Creed, however). I just know with Creeds, no matter where you buy it, nothing's guaranteed. With that said, buy Frederic Malle. :P I'm kidding!

Re-reading OPs first post and his subsequent post- he has not yet received the GIT from fragrancenet...he's referencing someone else who purchased from fragrancenet.

He's having a little firstcreedaphobia just based on having ordered it.

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

One month has passed, few e-mails sent, no reply from them yet about the bottle that leaked, or the fact it was the wrong version to begin with.

I won't be doing my business there again. Sure their products are genuine, but if something goes wrong, forget about receiving a reply. Horrible customer service.

reliable.. bought a bottle of Love in White for my wife and was a 2010 bottle 100% authentic.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Banned
    Blog Entries

Check the inside of the cap. If it is two pieces of plastic, one within the other (for the crest), that's a good sign. Then pull the atomizer out and take a look at the ring between the atomizer top and the spray nozzle. It should be white plastic. If it is any other color, that's a problem. Lastly, check the lot number on the back, there's a thread here now that deals with lot numbers, and then the bottom of the bottle, which should say Made in Paris. Not Made in Raris, as many fakes do. If all of these things seem legit, then the juice is real.

My 4.2oz bottle was purchased from FragranceNet, smells every bit as good as my sample which came later from Creedboutique dot com, and has an authentic lot number with a manufacture date of 2009. After 6-8 hours the fragrance is principally ambergris which is detectable 14-18 hours later. The drawback? The sprayer leaks upon use unless the bottle is generally upright. However, so does my bottle of Aventus (4.2) and Bois du Portugal (2.5), both purchased directly from the manufacturers online store. I use GIT together with MI to spray my clothing stored in drawers after virtually every laundering. It's a quick lift to the dark and dreary mornings that plaque the PacNW 45 months out of the year.

Yes, FragranceNet delivered the service and product I expected of them.

I bought a small bottle of MI from them and it was legit. You'll be fine.

Default How often does Fragrancenet get the New Haarlem, Chergui and GIT 4 oz in stock?

Ok, I checked Fragrancenet a few days ago, and they had a bottle of Chergui for about $125 with a 15% discount. I checked today, and it's all sold out. How often does Fragrancenet get these popular fragrances in stock? Is it once a month? and is there a particular time of the month that Frgrancenet get these fragrances in stock?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: How often does Fragrancenet get the New Haarlem, Chergui and GIT 4 oz in stock?

bump...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Sur la Plage

Default Re: How often does Fragrancenet get the New Haarlem, Chergui and GIT 4 oz in stock?

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

You can use Parfum1 too. They have most of the Serge Lutens offerings and are also offering 15% off. I think it might even be cheaper...
    I'm not your toy.

I'd recommend Parfum1 over Fragrancenet as well, especially if you're purchasing niche. They sent me a leaking bottle and haven't answered my e-mails in a month.

NEVER email them, always call, they'll respond better.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've been lucky - the only bad thing was a broken sample from ridiculously bad padding (wisps of brown paper stuffed in next to the goods, riding right up against one side of the box). However, I always get stuff fast and otherwise in good condition. The BEST thing they did for me was an unboxed but full bottle of a discontinued limited edition of Herms Rouge Eau Delicate. That was individually wrapped in bubble wrap, and arrived in perfect condition, with excellent juice. That one is very hard to distinguish from the regular Rouge in the same bottles, so I was pleased by the whole deal - the accurate listing, the excellent price, the shipping, etc.

One of my buds got a broken bottle from them. They made good on a replacement, but still - the packing tends to be slim to laughable. I'll make sure to report on my next order from them. Like I said, I generally have a good experience, packing aside. They have excellent deals on real frags, including some hard-to-get and obscure stuff, and they ship quick for me, here in the States.

I got a L'Instant PH EDT from Fragrancenet recently.. bottle had a lot of dust on it, plastic wrap on it seemed like it was taped to stay on, and it took rather long to get it, I wasn't personally impressed.

I ordered 2 things off Parfum1 and received both within a few days. My second order they threw in a perfume candle for free. I rather like them a lot, just wish they had a bigger selection.
    Expect the unexpected.

I just received the first order I've ever placed with them and the box is slashed and smashed, for real. It appears as if they shipped my order to me in a box that another customer had returned to them. The box is completely smashed and one side has been slashed open with a utility knife....then it was taped back up and shipped out to me, lol crazy! *edit* To be fair, I should say that there's a possibility that the slash happened in transit and UPS might have taped it up.

Surprisingly, the two bottles I ordered arrived in decent shape. The Pure Malt box is a bit smashed but it's not a big deal. The Bvlgari Black has a code of 00A55V1, so I suspect it's old (2000?) and I may return it. *edit* Turns out that the B Black has the new sprayer and the juice is fresh and delicious. It's a keeper.

The unopened box from fragrancenet...

That taped up slash goes completely through...can't believe everything survived!

For comparison, here's a couple of boxes I received the same day as the fragrancenet order. One from Liberty Natural and one from Snow Drift Farms.

The package from Liberty Natural in Oregon (3 times the distance traveled as the package from fragrancenet)

The package from Snowdriftfarm in Arizona (more than twice the distance as fragnet)

Last edited by Smells_Familiar; 18th February 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: update

My package from Frag net looks exactly how yours did. They must reuse the boxes, their is no way that it got that beat up in transit unless they were purposely smashing the box, which obviously they wouldn't
    Expect the unexpected.

Really? That's freakin crazy! So your box had been slashed open as well and then taped up? Reusing torn up boxes seems to be a completely stupid business move, especially considering how rough UPS can be. Don't get me wrong...I'm all for reusing things in an effort to reduce waste or save some cash, but reusing a beat up box seems stupid.

I've received two bottles of GIT from them and both were authentic even though one had the serial numbers painted over. However, I ordered through Walgreens who used Fragrancenet to fulfill the order, so the Walgreens packaging was pretty good.

Default my experience with fragrancenet

ordered la nuit de l'homme EDP
    and pure malt
    through fragrancenet, i live at mexico
    i placed the order at dec/31/2010
    and haven't receive it yet

they gave me a tracking numBer for like the first 2 weeks
    only thing i knew was that the ordered move i dont know where at new york

suddenly i check "My Account" section when logged in to fragrancenet
    and there is no tracking numBer no more

asked By mail to fragrancenet customer service, and they always respond with almost automatic message, and they told me that they don't give tracking numBer at international orders, and i have to wait aBout 30 Busyness days Bcus it could Be held By customs

accidentally i went to UPS
    as i mistake, Bcus
    they send it through USPS

ok, anyway, i went to ask information aBout my order
    they told they couldn't do nothing without the tracking numBer
    itold them i've had already asked fragrancenet for tracking numBer But they don't give one at international orders
    so she say she couldn't help me
    she asked what was the order aBout, and i told her it was aBout fragrances
    she told me that it is forBidden By the law export or import liquids and alcahol
    so as soon as they receive it, they reject it.

since january 05 2011
    my order was shipped and i haven't receive it

fragrancenet sent it through USPS and i heard that when the order gets to mexico
    it will Be handled By mexpost ( the equivalent to usps in mexico )
    i'm going to call them even tho i know it could Be useless
    without having a tracking numBer

has anyBody internationally shipped fragrances to mexico?
    what was your experience?
    is there a way to ship fragrances from us to mexico, and from mexico to us
    even when they say its not allowed Buy law customs

thanks in advance
    Last edited by neo_angel; 22nd February 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: text mistake

Default Re: my experience with fragrancenet

What I think happened to your order is that is being held at your local customs for tax duties evaluation and that takes some time.
    It is being handeld as an imported goods to mexico. Fragrances especially depending on the country are considered items containing alcohol and sometimes as luxury goods.

You can probably find out what the import duties to mexico are and what the vat (value added tax) would be, at your local post office.
    If it has been that long (you said since january) just cancel the order and ask for refund.

Default Re: my experience with fragrancenet

yes thanks god i paid through paypal
    i already made the dispute and elevated it to reclamation

tomorrow i'll call mexpost (local postal service) and will ask aBout the duties and VAT and all that

and i would rather get my fragrances
    But if not at least i want my money Back

ill forget aBout la nuit EDP Bcus i cant find it here and i'll Buy the EDT
    i supose i have to forget aBout pure malt and Buy something else.

Default Fragrancenet....(I Know this has been asked before)

Hey there basenoters! I was recently browsing through a few threads regarding fragrancenet.com and read some fairly awful things about this site. I've ordered from them about 6 times and I will say packaging is rather ridiculous but for the most part, the juice is authentic and there's not any damage that Ive seen on any of my bottles. I even had a bottle that I ordered with a bad spritzer, so I called them, told them the situation, and they emailed me a reshipping label that was prepaid and all I had to do was place it on the box with the frag and take it to the post office. It was that easy and hassle free. I will add that shipping is NOT at all that great. It takes around a week and a half to two for me to actually receive my order but it always comes in, eventually. My biggest concern is that I read of someone who actually had deductions from their paypal account taken out from fragrancenet.com and it was all because they used the coupon codes? Is that possible? How could they deduct money from your paypal account if there is no authorization on your part to allow the transaction to occur? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Fragrancenet....(I Know this has been asked before)

So far all I ever read about ALMOST ANY online retailer is bad things. I should search this site for a list of good once, unfortunately I suspect all I'd come up with is how they are all bad. I AM NOT trying to speak for anyone else, but all I can say is this:

I have order probably 5 times in my life (just starting to get into this hobby) colognes on line. I ordered my first two times from Overstockperfume and didn't have a problem either time. HOWEVER, I came on to this site and read a tonnnnn of negative reviews about it. I didn't go back for fear of that stuff hapenning to me. The next 3 times I ordered from fragrance net. Again all 3 times have been good, but have read of late that they are bad.

I am not saying both sites haven't had problems before, I'm sure they have. But I haven't had a problem with either site yet. Order enough times and I probably will. My only question is if every site is bad then who the heck should I trust to order from if I can't even trust the 2 sites that have done well for me in the past.

I've never had this problem with Fragrancenet, and I've ordered from them many times. The only problem I've had with them is a bad bottle of Creed. Other than that, they're good to go.

I have used fragrancenet countless times. I even have a wholesale account witht them. I cant say anything bad about them. I recently pick up 3 bond#9's there. I did order mine before a friend ordered his, and his has already came as I am still waiting on something I ordered a week before him. Shipping isnt the greatest all of the time, but it always arrives, and I have never had any bad bottles from them.

I have had no problems with Fragrancenet whatsoever.

They've got some quite ridicoulously cheaply priced stuff.....makes you wonder a little bit.

I just ordered a 50ml/1.7oz bottle of Thierry Muglers A travers le miroir for around 70$ and AFAIK it usually costs around about twice that (if you can find it) but maybe that was a while back, and a 100ml/3.4oz Salvador Dali PH for about 25$, though that one can be found on ebay for just a tiny bit more money. Still, and international shipping ccosts aren't that expensive.

Altough I've heard so many people ordering from them so, and with the prices I wouldn't demand extremely great packaging etc. Albeit that might be an easy thing for them to make sure, I don't know.

Anyway got this in an email from them:
    For your protection and security, your order is currently on hold. In
    order to proceed with the processing of your order, please fill out the
    below form:

* First Name
    * Last Name
    * Billing address on file with your credit card company
    * Phone number for Credit/Debit card*

*This is the Customer Service phone number located on the back of your
    Credit/Debit card.

The Customer Service phone number is used so that we may complete the
    verification process for your protection.

I do hope I don't have to call them to verify (I paid with my visa)... Either way it'd be easier if they'd make the credit/debit-card payments so that I/you could use your "crredit/debit-card reader" (or whatever it's called) that I got from my bank since all purchases from sites where I've used that I've never needed to verify anything.

But anyway as long as I get the stuff I'm happy, really looking forward to trying that TM-frag.

Blog Entries

Never had a problem and I order lots of stuff from them. I HIGHLY recommend them!

I've ordered from them numerous times and always used the coupon codes and they've never charged me once again. If they do charge you again, it wouldn't be via Paypal. What would happen is they'd get the account number of the credit card/debit card you used with Paypal. This has happened to me before and that's what I've been told. I had a few charges on my statement that I didn't make. I called Discover and I was told that people can actually see the account numbers of somethings paid via Paypal. How that is possible, who knows haha. I believe that was actually the first thing the lady asked me was, do I use Paypal or anything like that. Maybe they had a security breach or something before. But I wouldn't worry about a company doing it and I wouldn't even worry about buying things via Paypal. I've bought numerous things via Paypal, transfered money to people and this only happened to me once.

Since we're on the subject of Fragrancenet, I'd had good luck with them. The shipping and the boxes they ship with aren't exactly top notch but that could just be UPS. Only thing I thought sucked with them was I ordered two bottles of Pure Malt. Both were sealed but one box was damaged a little bit on the top of the box. The other was perfect. I decided to open the damaged one and store the other. Well, the damage on the box was directly above the sprayer so when I opened the box up, it had leaked due to the sprayer being pressed I guess. Kind of a pain to clean, but it wasn't too much. My guess is that it happened at the Fragrancenet warehouse, but who knows. No complaints here since it was indeed sealed and the juice is perfectly fine. Other than that, no problems at all.

^ I just had to email them

I've had only one experience with them. Good juice. Good prices. Horrible packaging.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Quote Originally Posted by mcb3030 View Post
    I've ordered from them numerous times and always used the coupon codes and they've never charged me once again. If they do charge you again, it wouldn't be via Paypal. What would happen is they'd get the account number of the credit card/debit card you used with Paypal. This has happened to me before and that's what I've been told. I had a few charges on my statement that I didn't make. I called Discover and I was told that people can actually see the account numbers of somethings paid via Paypal. How that is possible, who knows haha. I believe that was actually the first thing the lady asked me was, do I use Paypal or anything like that. Maybe they had a security breach or something before. But I wouldn't worry about a company doing it and I wouldn't even worry about buying things via Paypal. I've bought numerous things via Paypal, transfered money to people and this only happened to me once.

Since we're on the subject of Fragrancenet, I'd had good luck with them. The shipping and the boxes they ship with aren't exactly top notch but that could just be UPS. Only thing I thought sucked with them was I ordered two bottles of Pure Malt. Both were sealed but one box was damaged a little bit on the top of the box. The other was perfect. I decided to open the damaged one and store the other. Well, the damage on the box was directly above the sprayer so when I opened the box up, it had leaked due to the sprayer being pressed I guess. Kind of a pain to clean, but it wasn't too much. My guess is that it happened at the Fragrancenet warehouse, but who knows. No complaints here since it was indeed sealed and the juice is perfectly fine. Other than that, no problems at all.

I am an online retailer and I use the Paypal shopping cart precisely because I NEVER see the credit card numbers of the people who buy from me. There is simply no way to access that information as it doesn't exist online for us to find. Someone else got that number from some other place, but not the seller.
    I've also ordered from fragrance.net and never had a problem.

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com is the WORST

I need to vent too. First after placing my order of Bond No. 9, they charged my card twice! Second, I have yet to see the product and it has been almost one month. PayPal placed a stop on the second charge but where is my first? When I call they don't seem to understand I paid for one not two and I am still waiting for the other one PayPal paid for. So messed up. I will never deal with them again. They are cheap for a reason.
    Top Favorite Houses: Amouage / Tom Ford (name brand or private collection) / Hermes

"Do the next right thing."

fragrancenet uses advertisements as shipping protection these days, no joke. I had over 10 papers of advertisement thrown in the box! pretty tacky. The only samples they send is of Exception, which smells similar to Guess Man and Unforgivable.

OK I can vent too. I ordered Bond no 9 Riverside Drive, and got Great Jones instead. I sent it back via the prepaid USPS from Texas, and when I track it, it says it left BETHPAGE, NY. Well considering I dropped it off at the Post Office here in my hometown in TEXAS, there is no way possible I could have dropped it off at a New York postal center. Well anyway, I just called them to see about them receiving it and they say they have not got it yet. They have until Monday to make it right, or I will dispute it with American Express.

I cannot say that i didn`t had problems with fragrancenet. Recently, bought a Chinatown tester that remained on process for almost a week. They ony cancelled after i asked what was happening. Their order system is not the best, and it`s weird that it takes so long to process your first order when you`re client.
    But it`s still one of my best options. They ship here with a fair shipping rate, the range is huge, the prices are acceptable and sometimes amazing, and you can always find some coupon codes. I think that ordering online is always a risk, and you have to be conscious that what work for the others may not work for you.

I have not had problems with ordering from Fragrancenet so far (they offer a 15% Basenotes discount), but I admit their packaging of boxes (wadded brown paper) could be better to prevent damage.

I have had more problems with Beauty Encounter: poorly packaged boxes (twice sent boxes in mere bubble envelopes!), old items, out-of-stock items listed as in-stock, and customer service reps whose attitude was, "Deal with it."
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

all i can say is "let us eat cake"
    Top Favorite Houses: Amouage / Tom Ford (name brand or private collection) / Hermes

"Do the next right thing."

Wow -- I'm sorry to hear of so much trouble with them. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've ordered from them at least 20 times and never had a problem.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Blog Entries

Caveat emptor (as always). Also, where there's smoke, there's fire. Gosh I seem to be lost in proverbsville!
    It is always curious when I hear about businesses that can't seem to do what they ought to be doing, which is, simply, to get orders from customers and deliver the goods. I mean this isn't rocket science. However, I see it all the time. They will eventually run out of new customers when the word gets out. And then they will be gone and only the good ones will be left standing. Capitalism and the free market doing what it does best.

Quote Originally Posted by Clunygrey View Post
    I am an online retailer and I use the Paypal shopping cart precisely because I NEVER see the credit card numbers of the people who buy from me. There is simply no way to access that information as it doesn't exist online for us to find. Someone else got that number from some other place, but not the seller.
    I've also ordered from fragrance.net and never had a problem.
    Exactly, so I trust Fragrancenet not to do that, but who knows if somebody else on the outside of it can.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallLaw View Post
    all i can say is "let us eat cake"
    a-a-a. a brilliant mind

and anything else?
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

There are so many truly shady little fly-by-night sites out there that calling FragranceNet the worst is just hyperbole. For what it's worth, I've never had even a whisper of a problem with them. They don't always have what I want for the best price, or at all, but compared to the other big reputable discounters, they've definitely proved themselves the most likely to have what I'm looking for for the least money. And everything I've received has been the right item in pristine condition.

No problems here.