Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Un profumo affettuoso

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com is the WORST

I ordered from them about 30 times in the last years - everything was fine- but my last order which I placed around X-Mas 2010 never ever arrived - and I never got a refund. Go figure! Of course, I'll never order from them again. I blew 100 Dollars... - no way they'll ever "see" me again.

Shouldn't this thread be in "Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides"?

Anyway, I'm sure there has been problems and their packaging isn't the best but most people on the forum seem to use them alot and have no or little issues.

Un profumo affettuoso - you've placed 30 orders but one goes wrong and you're never using them again - this sounds strange to me. What steps have you taken to get your goods or refund? How do you know the delivery hasn't been stopped at customs?

Anyway I'm not saying there's no issues but it's also very easy to be negative on a forum.

I've never had a problem or a delay from fragrancenet - just lucky I guess!

reine

I made my first international fragrance purchase last month (02/07) and chose the FragranceNet to try.

I'm still waiting for the order arrives. But I guess it's not a problem with FragranceNet but with the mail or customs here, because a week after this order, I bought some samples of a fellow basenoter and it also did not arrived yet.

I'll post here if any of the orders arrive.

Never had a problem with them.

Default Re: Creed product purchase from fragrancenet experience...Please help

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I always buy my niche-fragrances from Parfumsraffy, Luckyscent, or Lessenteurs. You have to pay full price, but it`s worth it!

Why wouldn't you just buy it directly from the house's website? I'm not trying be abrasive, just figured that would ensure authenticity/return policy,etc.

Default Re: Creed product purchase from fragrancenet experience...Please help

Is it true that Creeds have a relatively short shelf life? I'm strongly considering purchasing a bottle or two in the somewhat near future.
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368

Default Fragrancenet Buying UNBOXED Items Help ?

Hey guy's I'm new to Fragrancenet, I wanted to purchase Chanel Allure Homme Sport, so I founded one really cheap for around $70 dollars since I'm from Australia it's expensive. I was just wondering if it's UNBOXED what package will it come in ? What does the UNBOX term mean, I'm curious so I just don't get ripped of and get a fake that's all.
    Cheers.

Default Re: Fragrancenet Buying UNBOXED Items Help

never purchased an unboxed, but i would say packed tightly in bubblewrap, in a plastic bag

Quote Originally Posted by john916 View Post
    but i would say packed tightly in bubblewrap, in a plastic bag
    Yes. You need not worry about getting a fake.

I just wanted to see peoples, inputs that's all.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrancenet Buying UNBOXED Items Help ?

Yeah, I bought an unboxed discontinued Hermès from them, and it arrived in bubble wrap and a plastic bag. It was full, and as far as I can tell, authentic.

Lack of a box isn't the kiss of death on authenticity - it's actually a common thing in the discount world. Online discounters simply don't like to sell things in really bashed-up, taped-together, and torn boxes. I'm sure that on average, buyers receiving such boxes respond very negatively, and likely have a high rate of return and a low rate of follow-up business. (Think about when you see such boxes in places like TJ Maxx. Personally, I avoid them like the plague.) Boxes get trashed in stores before clearance, during returns, etc., or when stores turn regular stock into ad hoc testers. The discounters generally drop the price a bit for lack of a box (or a bad box which gets removed), and you can benefit. But boxless is also very common among eBay fakes, so watch out when you buy there. When I see $60 boxless Creeds, I laugh even harder than when they have a box.

Ta thank's for the reply, but one thing I don't get is why is Fragrancenet so cheap compared to other online stores. :S

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willyt View Post
    Ta thank's for the reply, but one thing I don't get is why is Fragrancenet so cheap compared to other online stores. :S
    It depends on the frag. They low-price their slow sellers, off-brands, and unboxed, but they tend to give much less of a discount for popular expensive stuff, high-demand discontinued, etc. Occasionally they low-price some really great, expensive frags, and you can get nice savings, but I've seen those sell out quickly, too. In general, I think they price low enough to move stuff fast.

How much of a price difference are you seeing? Be sure that you're comparing apples to apples - same size, concentration, and box state. The difference is generally minimal, but you will find occasions where fragrancenet really comes through with a surprisingly low price on something - it seems kind of random to me.

I'm from Australia some fragrances I want to buy there are like at least 50 to 200 percent cheaper , plus there's a coupon called "basenotes" and that gives me another 15% of so I'm happy :P, fragrances in Australia is a RIP OFF

Quote Originally Posted by willyt View Post
    fragrances in Australia is a RIP OFF
    99% of the time this is correct! Don't worry about Fragrancenet. Their fragrances are not fake, their packing is poor though.

I live in Holland and I order from fragrancenet already for many years, including unboxed items (testers).
    Never had problems. They ship their fragrances to me in carton boxes, never in bubble wrap envelopes.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I live in Holland and I order from fragrancenet already for many years, including unboxed items (testers).Never had problems. They ship their fragrances to me in carton boxes, never in bubble wrap envelopes.

in this case, unboxed does not mean its a tester bottle. It means the box was badly damaged, and they remove the bottle from the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yeah, I bought an unboxed discontinued Hermès from them, and it arrived in bubble wrap and a plastic bag. It was full, and as far as I can tell, authentic.

Lack of a box isn't the kiss of death on authenticity - it's actually a common thing in the discount world. Online discounters simply don't like to sell things in really bashed-up, taped-together, and torn boxes. I'm sure that on average, buyers receiving such boxes respond very negatively, and likely have a high rate of return and a low rate of follow-up business. (Think about when you see such boxes in places like TJ Maxx. Personally, I avoid them like the plague.) Boxes get trashed in stores before clearance, during returns, etc., or when stores turn regular stock into ad hoc testers. The discounters generally drop the price a bit for lack of a box (or a bad box which gets removed), and you can benefit. But boxless is also very common among eBay fakes, so watch out when you buy there. When I see $60 boxless Creeds, I laugh even harder than when they have a box.
    I agree with Red on this. Often banged boxes are discarded and the intact bottles are sold at discount.

Testers are also the same in a way. They come in plain cardboard boxes and do not often come with the caps. Still the authentic juice, just no box.

Finally, you can buy fragrance refills without the fancy canister/holder. Sometimes these come with a cap, sometimes not. (I have seen this for Guerlains and Boucherons.)

I have had no problem with fakes from Fragrancenet and have bought from them many times.

They also have a 15% discount when you type "basenotes" in the coupon box at checkout.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!! With Pics.

Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!!

Seriously help though.

1.The arabic sticker on the box and bottle is new to me.

2.The Ingredients etched on bottle with the serial number is really strange to me!

3. The Box doesnt have all the fancy gold trim on front like my 2009 box.

Maybe that little sticker means for sale middle eastern countries only??
    and never saw Toliet Water PGS on the sticker? anyone know what PGS that means?

Is there any explaination or has anyone seen these markings on boxes from Saks Or Neimans maybe even a creed boutique..

I have bought two bottles of creed One GIT and One Erolfa from Saks and Two from fragrancenet.com
    and this first time i am seeing these things
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 26th April 2011 at 05:42 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!! With Pics.

Eeeek. This looks kinda sketchy.

Does it smell like the previous bottles of GIT you've owned?

Default Re: Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!! With Pics.

I know! sketchy it smells a little different from my 2008 bottle for sure.
    -AVENTUS-

I've never dealt with Fragrancenet before, I would assume that they don't sell bunk frags, but, you never know. Maybe you should get in touch with them and see if they will let you return it, or at least let you exchange it for another fragrance (one that is less likely to be counterfeited). Perhaps they didn't even know they could be selling a fake--- I'm sure they don't want to get a reputation for selling fakes.

I Doubt it's fake I was thinking of returning it because If want to trade or sell it down the road the buyer will certainly think it is fake..
    I paid $175.00 from fragrancenet with the 15% off code.
    I was thinking a knowledgeable person on here would clear it up for me.
    I never saw this before maybe its due to arabic countries needing the ingredients On the bottle itself...?...
    Strange though. Never heard of the creeds millesimal being toliet water PGS
    Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 26th April 2011 at 07:10 AM.
    -AVENTUS-

The lot number indicates a 2010 production year. So things may smell different from your old one based on the infamous Creed Batch Variability (CBV). They might have made modifications to their bottle labeling for other countries as well in the more recent years.

Unless it smells drastically different (it probably is weaker due to it being fresher juice), then I wouldn't worry about it.

Also check out this thread, somebody has your same lot: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=209892&page=5

Odd that one of the member's lot numbers was A3219F91, since 19 is the location on the number that tells of production year and doesn't make sense(according to a pretty consistent theory here on basenotes..find the thread). Given that walgreens uses fragrancenet (I believe) to get their fragrances, and that weird lot number A3219F91, I'm not sure how legit their stuff is.

I don't know, just use your nose.
    Last edited by G Man; 26th April 2011 at 06:27 AM.

I think that might have been a typo with that person with the 3219f91 code
    -AVENTUS-

Looking at the two pics above, the bottle says "Toliet Water" and the box says "Toilet Water".
    .Dave J

Yeah they both say toilet water pgs
    -AVENTUS-

FragranceNet would never sell fake fragrances, period. They are a major fragrance seller and it would not make sense for them to jeopardize their reputation. Since this is the first time I've seen the bottle and package like yours, I'd guess that it was initially targeted for Middle East distribution and the sticker labels might help the product conform to consumer/ governmental laws. FragranceNet, most likely, purchases inventory from vendors worldwide, including the Middle Eastern Creed distributor. That's the grey market. BTW, it's my belief that mass grey market wholesalers and front-line retailers all pay about the same price for Creed fragrances. The big difference is in the selling price. Front line retailers have multiple times the overhead that online sellers do. That's what I think anyway. ICBW.

Martin

It is indeed Arabic. It says "for eexternal use only".
    Weird. I bought mine in Dubai and it didn't have that sticker.

I guess that the major annoyance is the etching on the glass with toliet water pgs and ingredients as well as serial number because if I sell or trade it a newbie might think it's fake. Also the box has no gold trimming on the front which looks very different from any creed box I have seen
    -AVENTUS-

My guess is that it's the real thing.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quite honestly would need more pics of the bottle and box to tell.

I have a tester from 2008 which also has the etched lettering on the back exactly the same as yours, Its 100% genuine. Don't worry about it and enjoy!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't know if you can see the pics if you're not a member, but this thread of Badger and Blade might help: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=203264

I got a bottle of SMW just like that and it's fine.

It is the real deal. My bottle ordered from Walgreens (fulfilled by fragrancenet) also had less gold on the box and an arabic sticker on the bottom. Fragrancenet sells many gray market products meaning they were packaged and intended for overseas markets. It would appear that the wholesale prices are cheaper that way as the frag store in my local mall told me they get all of their frags from Dubai and Bahrain. The savings must be good enough to go through all of that hassle rather than through a US distributer. Fragrancenet is also not an official channel per Creed but it wouldnt stop me from buying from them again.

The difference in smell can be accounted for by the variance that exists from batch to batch and year to year. In some batches the lavander is amped up more, in others...etc. I very much like my GIT bottle but this milliseme hocus pocus to me just excuses poor quality control.

If you like the iteration contained in your bottle, wear it proudly and in good health. Its the real deal.
    Last edited by Fletch31; 26th April 2011 at 07:04 PM.

I think it's legit. I've had fakes and I've had real bottles, and based on what I've seen, yours is the real deal. Wear it proudly!

yeah I always thought the "millesime" was parfum but this clearly states Toilet Water PGS
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    The lot number indicates a 2010 production year. So things may smell different from your old one based on the infamous Creed Batch Variability (CBV). They might have made modifications to their bottle labeling for other countries as well in the more recent years.

Unless it smells drastically different (it probably is weaker due to it being fresher juice), then I wouldn't worry about it.

Also check out this thread, somebody has your same lot: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=209892&page=5

Odd that one of the member's lot numbers was A3219F91, since 19 is the location on the number that tells of production year and doesn't make sense(according to a pretty consistent theory here on basenotes..find the thread). Given that walgreens uses fragrancenet (I believe) to get their fragrances, and that weird lot number A3219F91, I'm not sure how legit their stuff is.

I don't know, just use your nose.
    i've always wondered how you can tell the production year of a creed bottle. how did you find out that number was the production year? can you cite your source?
    Last edited by Dixon Cider; 26th April 2011 at 08:01 PM.

A3210F2 the 10 after A32 means 2010
    -AVENTUS-

ewww, it contains 'Toilet water'.
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    A3210F2 the 10 after A32 means 2010
    can you cite your source? how did you find out that number was the production year?
    try not to be offended its just i would really like conformation on your claims.
    Last edited by Dixon Cider; 26th April 2011 at 08:02 PM.

This thread is just waaay too crazy. Heavy Metal ......
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

In "crazy" I meant OCD
    -AVENTUS-

In "crazy" I meant OCD
    I'm just teasing. Honestly, I don't think that F-Net would sell fakes. But the best clues are in the smell of the fragrance. Hope everything works out.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Cider View Post
    can you site your source? how did you find out that number was the production year?
    try not to be offended its just i would really like conformation on your claims.
    There were alot of threads in this forum about the year in the serial number.
    I have had 6 bottles of creeds and the theory seems to hold up.
    -AVENTUS-

There were alot of threads in this forum about the year in the serial number.
    I have had 6 bottles of creeds and the theory seems to hold up.
    what was the theory behind that specific number? i've heard people say you can tell the production year through the lot number but no one has been able to back it up with a reliable source. i think it would benefit this community a lot if we can confirm this but until then people shouldn't make such claims.

Enough people on this forum have noticed the year in the serial number and there are several very long long threads and discussions about this that confirm this.
    Although i am no expert personally have had creed bottles since 08 and have had or seen 08,09,10 and now 11 for year codes in himalaya, GIT, millesime imperial, original vetiver and Erolfa..
    From saks and neiman Marcus and fragrancenet..
    -AVENTUS-

Enough people on this forum have noticed the year in the serial number and there are several very long long threads and discussions about this that confirm this.
    Although i am no expert personally have had creed bottles since 08 and have had or seen 08,09,10 and now 11 for year codes in himalaya, GIT, millesime imperial, original vetiver and Erolfa..
    From saks and neiman Marcus and fragrancenet..
    can you cite one reliable source that actually confirms that specific number as the production year of that bottle? again this is not a personal attack but i consider basenotes a reliable source of information and without solid evidence your claims are just speculation.
    Last edited by Dixon Cider; 26th April 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think the lot number mystery is all that mysterious anymore: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...bers...SOLVED!

I've checked the info in this thread against my bottles, and it adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    I don't think the lot number mystery is all that mysterious anymore: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...bers...SOLVED!

I've checked the info in this thread against my bottles, and it adds up.
    that thread was based on speculation and is still yet to be verified. i don't think we will ever solve this until creed issues a personal statement on bottle production year verification, which will probably never happen. so until then believe what you want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon Cider View Post
    that thread was based on speculation and is still yet to be verified. i don't think we will ever solve this until creed issues a personal statement on bottle production year verification, which will probably never happen. so until then believe what you want to believe.
    It's also consistent with bottle design changes. So the theory is likely correct.

Whether it works for TESTERS a few years back is questionable. UNLESS I really do have a 2001 Green Irish Tweed tester (my tester actually has TESTEUR etched on the back..since I haven't seen that in years, it's probably really old!). Then again, IT IS SUPER POTENT. A decade of aging could lead to that. Still smells amazing. So all you worry freaks about spoiling creeds need to relax! (as long as the bottle hasn't been sprayed yet). Let me tell you, any recent batch is child's play compared to my bottle of GIT.

i will wait till next year 2012 and if i can still afford a bottle of new creed
    if the bottle has A3112F01
    then the code since 2008 has been 08,09,10,11 for the last four years I will be satisfied.
    I have noticed with my bottles since 2008 that the first letter and the first 2 numbers are for the fragrance(GIT,Erolfa and etc..)

The second two digits are the Year

and the last letter and two numbers are the Lot.

the year and lot are the only thing that changes.
    Last edited by DavidBee456; 26th April 2011 at 09:10 PM.
    -AVENTUS-

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's also consistent with bottle design changes. So the theory is likely correct.
    Exactly.

I just bought a bottle of Green Valley from the Creed Boutique (I got the last one!) and there's an 06 in the middle of the lot number. At the end is an 02. It smells fresh, although I can tell it's not brand new by the brevity of the top notes.

Earlier I made the mistake of buying Green Valley from a mall vendor. It had no lot number and smelled like garbage, but in comparison to the new bottle it's definitely genuine Green Valley - just really old and spoiled. My guess is the mall bottle is closer to ten/eleven years old and wasn't kept well. Since it has no lot number, I have no clue how old it is. But my new bottle has the four numbers mentioned above. If it was from 2002, it would probably smell crappy, but if it's from 2006, it should still smell good. It makes sense to me to interpret the middle number as the year of bottling and the last number as the general lot ID.

Let me tell you, any recent batch is child's play compared to my bottle of GIT.
    I envy you.

My new bottle of GIT has an 11 in the middle of the 8 lot number. This is consistent with the theory of the thread linked above. I had a GIT from 2001 before, and it smelled stronger and had more nuanced middle notes than this new one. Again, consistent with the thread's interpretation. My bottle is brand new.

Well if anyone has a bottle with the ingredients etched in the bottle let me know thanks
    -AVENTUS-

anyone discovered the ingredients on the back of their bottle yet?
    -AVENTUS-

yep the ingredients are on the back of my bottle as well. My lot number is A3210F01. It smells great!

Thanks fletch31 did you buy from fragrancenet.com? i think the ingredients being etched on the back of the bottle must be a certain country's laws only.
    -AVENTUS-

I purchased from walgreens but it was fulfilled by fragrancenet because they fulfill most of walgreen's fragrance orders. It was cheaper at walgreens at the time too. Mine also had the arabic sticker on the bottom (Still does)and the box had less gold on it as well. If you see my earlier post in this thread I mention that fragrancenet sells grey market fragrances meaning they are indeed packaged and marketed to other countries outside the US. All their stuff is legit though