Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!! With Pics.

Well it got 40 posts in and not one person commented about another fake Creed thread....I guess that's what happens when you post pics of the bottle.

So the 'pics or gtfo' rule applies here....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Default Re: Crazy New Bottle Of Creed GIT from FragranceNet.com Question Number #567!! With Pics.

It's really a WTF does toilet water PGS mean (i thought millesime was parfum) and WTF is the ingredients doing on the back of my bottle thread I dont think the bottle is fake but it's a first and I always like fragrancenet.com I just never have seen this even with them.
    -AVENTUS-

Default For those who bought by man on Fragrancenet

Are you happy with your purchase? IMO they are authentic because each and Everytime I test my bottles out I get over 8 hours longevity. If they were fake I'm sure they wouldnt last and smell rancid.

Default Re: For those who bought by man on Fragrancenet

Got my bottle from Amazon which I'm pretty sure was sourced by Fragrancenet. It is definitely the real deal.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

I have a bottle from Fragrancenet and a bottle from Amazon. Both are the same great smelling juice and the 1.7oz'ers. Both have white plastic underneath the lid. There is no known counterfeit of the 1.7oz bottles but plenty for the 3.4oz By bottles out there. It is heavenly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch31 View Post
    I have a bottle from Fragrancenet and a bottle from Amazon. Both are the same great smelling juice and the 1.7oz'ers. Both have white plastic underneath the lid. There is no known counterfeit of the 1.7oz bottles but plenty for the 3.4oz By bottles out there. It is heavenly stuff.
    Yup I can confirm I bought two 1.7 oz bottles from fragrancenet with the white cap underneath. Both last long and smell great...we got lucky guys!!!

Blog Entries

Yeah, I got the Fragrancenet and am a happy camper. The reviews were spot-on, and the smell is nice. I can tell it's an old bottle from the scent - a bit flat on the topnotes, but good longevity and complexity. The style is even slightly old-school, and the box showed some signs of aging. Probably paid too much, based solely on quality, but as an expensive, out-of-print reference book, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Yeah, I got the Fragrancenet and am a happy camper. The reviews were spot-on, and the smell is nice. I can tell it's an old bottle from the scent - a bit flat on the topnotes, but good longevity and complexity. The style is even slightly old-school, and the box showed some signs of aging. Probably paid too much, based solely on quality, but as an expensive, out-of-print reference book, it's great.
    When you say a bit flat on the topnotes, you don't think they are rancid in any way do you? Hopefully these bottles will last us quite a while and not turning for the worst. I think they smell great but when I had a bottle back in 2004 the top was a bit brighter so I agree with what your saying...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    When you say a bit flat on the topnotes, you don't think they are rancid in any way do you? Hopefully these bottles will last us quite a while and not turning for the worst. I think they smell great but when I had a bottle back in 2004 the top was a bit brighter so I agree with what your saying...
    Cool. No, I don't think it's turning or rancid at all. I know what a turning bottle smells like - nasty. The animalic part here is all class. But the top just isn't as bright as a fresh bottle. If it was just a citrus cologne, it would be REALLY noticeable, but as it was, it was just somewhat noticeable.

I also just got my bottle from Walgreens and it seems the same as yours. It is difficult to tell if it authentic or not as it has characteristics of both real and fake. the physical bottle, sprayer and cap all seem real. It has the white ring under the sprayer and the cap emblem is not just one piece of plastic. This was really a blind buy for me so I can not say if the juice is right or not but I can say it does have its differences compared to cool water. What is concerning is the lack of gold around the emblem in the front of the box and the crown not being gold. My box did not come with in shrink wrap, which seems to be OK for this product, or contain a pamphlet on the history of the company which to my understanding it should have. I do have the Arab sticker on the bottom of my bottle and the ingredients and batch number is etched on the bottom back of the bottle as opposed to just a batch number on the very bottom lip. My batch is A3211NO1
    I don't care if this is Grey market and intended for a different country as long as it is authentic. The whole Grey market thing sounds like it is a legit reason but I cannot see creed altering things like the gold embossing on the box and the etched ingredients on the bottle just for that. I can see stickers being added but not an actual change in the product. I thought I would not have any problems ordering from Walgreens but these small differences have caused me to question the product. I just sent emails to different places to see if I could get some details but it has not been enough for an answer yet. Has anybody else gotten any further details on this?

Default Fragrancenet.com problems.

Ordered a 3.4 bottle of Dsquared's Silver Wind Wood Sunday night on Fragrancenet.com. When I tried to pay through PayPal it was showing the transaction as pending. It's now the 18th and it's still pending. It's still showing In Stock on the website so that eliminates one problem. Tried emailing them and have gotten no response as to why the order hasn't been processed yet. Anyone else had this problem with this website when paying through PayPal?

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com problems.

Haven't had a PayPal problem with Fragrancenet.

Im getting the same problem with my purchase of today, Dior Homme Cologne.

I cant even open a dispute at Paypal, cause the trasaction isnt complete yet.

The last time i had a problem with them (they canceled my order but with no refund) i opened a dispute with no replies, and take about 40 days to the automatic refund...VERY BAD customer support

Don't use e-mail. Try the customer support phone number during business hours.

I have had this same problem. Here is a workaround if you aren't going to use a credit card.

First, don't worry about the floating PayPal transaction -- it will disappear without a trace in a couple of days. No worries.
    Second, don't use PayPal as the checkout procedure -- for some reason it always fails. Go through the regular checkout and select PayPal as the payment method.

Hope this helps!
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

I'll try giving them a call tomorrow. Seems like their website is really lacking when it comes to placing orders. My guess it that somewhere between their checkout system and PayPal's there was an error that is causing this. Should be an easy fix, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by 6of1 View Post
    I have had this same problem. Here is a workaround if you aren't going to use a credit card.

First, don't worry about the floating PayPal transaction -- it will disappear without a trace in a couple of days. No worries.
    Second, don't use PayPal as the checkout procedure -- for some reason it always fails. Go through the regular checkout and select PayPal as the payment method.

Hope this helps!
    You'd think they'd fix something like this. I do recall having an error when I tried completing the transaction. What was odd is that when I went on paypal it did show the transaction which is of course pending. Glad I didn't try it again because it would have probably charged me twice.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I'll try giving them a call tomorrow. Seems like their website is really lacking when it comes to placing orders. My guess it that somewhere between their checkout system and PayPal's there was an error that is causing this. Should be an easy fix, but we'll see.
    They did just recently semi-redesign their website, so perhaps it might be a bug that slipped through the cracks. That's why I recommend trying a phone call.

The pending transaction will never be collected, so it will just disappear in a few days and you won't be charged owt for it.

Yes, the checkout is a bit baroque and probably just a minor IT problem on their end. It took me a few tries to get it all sorted.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

A friend of mine (In fact D4n1el) had some issues on buying Dior Homme Cologne this morning. It seems that paypal process went through but no order was created on FNet site. It has already contacted Fnet but so far no response (maybe and hopefully by now things are solved).

as stated above NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER email them with problems, ALWAYS call.

Default First order with Fragrancenet.com

Reported in an earlier thread that I couldn't pay through PayPal because Fragrancenet.com's checkout process was broken and would come up pending on PayPal. So today I go to the mailbox seeing that my order of Dsquared's Silver Wind Wood has arrived. Get home and open it up and what do I see in the box? The original He Wood! Sent me the wrong one! Take your business elsewhere guys and gals. Now I have to go out and waste the gas to go to the post office and mail it back, and then wait for them to return it via FedEx Smart Post which is a joke in itself. Thumbs way down.

Default Re: First order with Fragrancenet.com

Sorry for the bad experience you had.

Ouchie! Quick question - what did the receipt say? (paper that came with the box.) From there you will know who went wrong (the computers or their workers.)

Did they admit it was their mistake or were they hesitant to believe you?
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumičre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I usually have a good experience with them. I ordered something once and didn't receive it but they gave me credit on my card for it. Oooo, Ft. Myers, can't wait to be there in a month.

hmm...i've ordered over 20 bottles from them and never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Axcell View Post
    Ouchie! Quick question - what did the receipt say? (paper that came with the box.) From there you will know who went wrong (the computers or their workers.)

Did they admit it was their mistake or were they hesitant to believe you?
    The invoice says Silver Wind Wood so it was human error. Nothing like that, they were nice and apologized, but two problems with one order is a little much. Especially when every company or person I've ever ordered from knows how to do it the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Same here - I've ordered at least 20 bottles from them without any problems. Fast shipment too.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Same here - I've ordered at least 20 bottles from them without any problems. Fast shipment too.
    I hope they ship it faster than they did the first time. FedEx Smartpost is a real pain in the ass if something is lost, because not only is it slow, when they lose it it's between FedEx and the USPS which means if it gets losts in between the hand down there's no information and you have to deal with 2 companies instead of one.

Sorry to hear about the mix up. Thank you for sharing.

Usu. I have had good service from them.

They need to save face and ship you the right one rush delivery, as it's their error.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    +1, except only 12 or so.

Must have been bad luck. Sorry that was you first experience.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

That's too bad. I've ordered from them over 20 times and couldn't be happier.

I just placed my first order through Fragrance.Net and the first steps went fine, Ordered 5/21 (great price BTW) and notified that it was shipped on 5/23 but I'm not sure about this Fed-Ex stuff either. I just checked the online tracking and it's in Allentown PA, today 5/25, expected delivery date shows JUNE 2 ?????

If that date holds true that's 12 days, almost two weeks. To contrast, I placed an order at Barney's in New York on 5/17, it was shipped (From new Jersey) on 5/20 and received at my door on 5/25, 7 Days.

Does it really take an additional 5 days to transport from Allentown PA to New York or New Jersey? My map says it's about 110 miles difference. Heck the mileage to my house from Allentown is only 840 miles. This means that, during transport, the package is going to traveling at only 3.18 miles per hour !

Funny thing is that the Barneys package was Fed-ex also.

Anybody here work for FedEx? I'm just curious. I am wondering if they have plans to let my poor defenseless juice just sit in some hot warehouse for an extra 3 or 4 days.

Obviously this does not directly speak to Fragrance.Net service or products, but if I were CEO I would be trying to find speedier delivery service. Know what I mean?

Hey I just remembered, my wife's nephew is a branch manager for Fed-Ex. I am going to wear him out at the next family get together. lol
    "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Their shipping is horrible. I avoid at all costs. Unless they have what other sites don't carry. i.e. Aventus testers or samples.

Quote Originally Posted by daccpa View Post
    I just placed my first order through Fragrance.Net and the first steps went fine, Ordered 5/21 (great price BTW) and notified that it was shipped on 5/23 but I'm not sure about this Fed-Ex stuff either. I just checked the online tracking and it's in Allentown PA, today 5/25, expected delivery date shows JUNE 2 ?????

If that date holds true that's 12 days, almost two weeks. To contrast, I placed an order at Barney's in New York on 5/17, it was shipped (From new Jersey) on 5/20 and received at my door on 5/25, 7 Days.

Does it really take an additional 5 days to transport from Allentown PA to New York or New Jersey? My map says it's about 110 miles difference. Heck the mileage to my house from Allentown is only 840 miles. This means that, during transport, the package is going to traveling at only 3.18 miles per hour !

Anybody here work for FedEx? I'm just curious. I am wondering if they have plans to let my poor defenseless juice just sit in some hot warehouse for an extra 3 or 4 days.

Obviously this does not directly speak to Fragrance.Net service or products, but if I were CEO I would be trying to find speedier delivery service. Know what I mean?

Hey I just remembered, my wife's nephew is a branch manager for Fed-Ex. I am going to wear him out at the next family get together. lol
    Don't pay attention to that arrival date. It's way off. It's all based on distance with Fed-Ex smartpost. I had a package come from Seattle that took 2 weeks and almost anything that comes from NY takes less than a week and I live in Florida. Shouldn't take more than 4 days. Just hope it doesn't get lost.

My last 3 orders have been UPS/Postal Service collaborations.
    UPS ships to the nearest major city and Post Office takes it from there.
    Takes an additional 2 days than straight UPS service, but I'm guessing it is
    cheaper for Fragrancenet.
    I'll still order from them, but all UPS is better delivery.
    I smell marshmallows!

Whatever you do, when you deal with customer service, DO NOT EMAIL. They won't respond. Always call.

stay away far far away !!!!

go to AEDES or Luckyscent !

Ouchie! A lot of my frags I order online as well. Once I had a broken Body Kouros 100ml. The problem was, the receptionist of our company has already signed the slip. As I opened the box, it was broken and only 60ml's left. I wasn't able to replace it. Good thing it wasn't that expensive....nevertheless, still broken though. hahaha

Lots of mishaps lately ey!?!? First kccparis with the Portrait and now silentrich!

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    That's too bad. I've ordered from them over 20 times and couldn't be happier.
    + 1 Same here.

I'll update this later when I receive the replacement bottle. What I will say is they when I called them I instantly got a return prepaid label to ship the product back to them and one of their reps emailed me and apologized for the inconvenience.

I'm thinking about buying from fragrancenet.com. I hope your experience was just bad luck and one in a million. Anyone who has worked in anything remotely connected to customer service has had a story where they had inadvertently screwed over a customer/client's order.

I'm okay with my order being screwed up as long as it's neither a repeat problem or a huge disaster, as long as they're willing to go above and beyond to rectify the problem they've caused.

Given the ratio between good to bad reviews about fragrancenet.com, I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Good read, though.

Quote Originally Posted by daccpa View Post

In my experience, any time you have a problem that was caused by a shipping company rather than the merchant you bought from, the complaint should always be directed towards the merchant. Bitch them out for it. They have a choice as to what shipping companies they choose and I'm sure they'd like to know if their main shipping company is pissing off their customers. Complaining to the merchant is more likely to fix problems than complaining to the shipping company.

I had a few nightmare stories with a particular merchant and UPS. Complaining to UPS was a waste of time. I guess that's because technically, I'm not their customer. I went straight to the merchant themselves and told them what UPS did. Six months later, much to my surprise, they switched to USPS. I guess I wasn't the only one who complained.

I have also had bad experiences from Fragrancenet - I am going to stick to FragranceX and Parfum1 (better prices too!)

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/263...net-experience
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I hear fragranceX is related to fragrancenet - becareful. 4 orders = 4 headaches !!! try perfume.com , Aedes, Luckyscent .

I learned that saving 20,30,40 dollars on an order isn't worth waiting the extra time, and headache of customer service issues .

I now spend the extra cash and go to one of the above mentioned or the house itself. You are never to worry about stale juice from the house itself, and the customer service is spot on !!! So, when you take all the variables in consideration, it's now an easy choice for me .

Regards,

Good luck

This is an update on this thread. I sent back the He Wood and I get an email telling me that they did indeed send me Silver Wind Wood. Hmmmm. Lets see in the picture the case is grey says Silver Wind Wood on it. The one I received is the color of the original He wood and says He Wood on the bottle. Smelled just like the original He Wood since I actually own the original. This company doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They wouldn't even send me a bottle of Silver Wind Wood because they said now that they cataloged it wrong so everyone that's order Silver Wind Wood received the original He Wood. Got my refund and will never ever order from this company again.

!Yup ! See Rich . I had the same issues. Huge headache! Stay away - far far away !

Default ALL Chanel sold out on Fragrancenet

Has Chanel been able to pull ALL of its scents off Fragrancenet?
    Was there a cease and desist order? I don't think that every Chanel
    has sold out and none have been replenished.
    Anyone know the story?
    I smell marshmallows!

Default Re: ALL Chanel sold out on Fragrancenet

First I have heard of it.

I've been checking on and off for the last few months. They've ALL been out of stock for a while. Don't know what's going on

Chanel maintains a very tight distribution network so the discounters usually have trouble getting it.

Chanel fragrance holds their value, so the distributers can't make a profit. So they probably don't want to buy it for $75 and sell it for $70.
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I hope so !

This is more likely a case of a cease & desist letter (or several). Chanel doesn't distribute to discounters and takes great offense to other stores selling at a lower rate. They're notorious for this, but it hasn't stopped anyone. The shops around me NEVER display Chanel, but if you ask, they always have it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    I hope so !
    Yeah I heard they're selling them out of the back of a van down by the river.

Default Anyone here order Silver Mountain Water Lately From FragranceNet.com?

Anyone here order Silver Mountain Water Lately From FragranceNet.com?
    Just curious what year they have been sending out lately.
    I know they have 2010 bottles of GIT
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

The key is to watch their stock, If they havent had it in a while and then they get what you want in stock BUY IT QUICK!\
    I never got an old bottle from Fragrancenet.com unless its something they always have in stock.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: First transactions with FragranceNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    When you say the TdH was well packaged, what exactly do you mean?

My only order with FragranceNet arrived "well packaged" in a cardboard box with a crumpled up piece of packing paper and a tacky compact mirror.
    That sadly has always been my experience with this company. Thankfully I have never experienced any horror stories.

Quick question,
    I had numerous transaction from FN but two days ago I order Aventus and I didn't get a order number which normally send me that same day. I chose paypal and it's pending as of right now. Does that mean the order didn't go through? Help.

P.s. After reading a lot of aventus batches etc. I kinda glad if my order didn't go through. I'll just buy it at neiman Marcus.

Basenotes Institution

Hi Niche

I ordered a stupid soap dish ( yeah really- no perfume just a soap dish ! ) from Fragrancenet yesterday - for like $ 4 (!!) - paid with Paypal like you did. My alarm bells went off because it was still pending today. I called Fragrancenet and their Paypal system is down this week. I was adviced to cancel my order- which I did and place it again with my credit card - which I did.

Normally with Frgraancenet- the customer gets constant updates about their order- I have had none so far.

Anyway- a warning to all - do not place orders through Paypal to Fragrancenet this week - the Paypal system is down.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Default Fragrancenet.com

I placed an order September 18, 2011 at Fragrancenet.com web site and the order was rejected by their system. However it was a request for payment generated on my PayPal account. I called Fragrancenet.com the next day and was told that the had a computer glitch over the weekend and orders got lost in their system and it would take another day to know. Called the following day and was informed that nothing for my order generated. I then called paypal explained the situation, after being assured the charge will not be completed. I then went back to the Fragrancenet.com website replaced the order September 20, 2011.

September 23, 2011 I received email stating the following:In warehouse. Please allow 24-48hrs for processing. You will receive a shipment tracking number via email. September 26, 2011 Fragrancenet.com I called regarding the delay in processing. I was told again that there was a computer glitch and some orders were taking longer and was offered express shipping. Today September 28, 2011 over 72hrs and the items have not shipped. Called to cancel order and was told to get a refund I would have to wait two more days for Friday September 30, 2011. Friday is when they do Paypal paper work. Really, a customer that has had very bad service and you tell them wait some more to get your money back? I had a similar experience with Fragrancenet.com two weeks earlier. I received email that my order had shipped but it did not leave for two more days. It took longer to get my order from NY to NJ than an order from Canada to NJ.

I have ordered from Fragrancenet.com several times before and did not have any problems. I was offered 15% more off my order for a total of 30%. No over night shipping. What good is 100% off if you cant get the what you ordered. I don't know what's going on there but be careful and you may want to call in your order.

This was suppose to be a gift for a friends birthday... well Bday is today and I will be purchasing the Items at full retail.

Anyone else experience a similar situation in this time period?

UPDATE: Today September 29,2011, I called to see why at the website my order was still in the processing stage and was informed it had been shipped and shipped two (2) day shipping. I was sent the email stating this and at this hour 8:21 EST my order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow early. I will take delivery and use it as a gift for another. I have to say I will be apprehensive using the service again and may just call to see if they are experiencing any other difficulties in processing orders.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 1st February 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Change in status