Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: FragranceNet.com raises Creed prices by $60+ overnight... WTF?

How about the fact that Creed continue to raise their retail prices? Each new release seems to be more expensive, and numerous full range price hikes have come and gone. Maybe they can't source bottles as cheap as before, or maybe Creed is doing a better job at controlling distribution.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I've been following their relentless price increase of Creeds too. I thought it could be because of the holiday season when their purchases multiply. It could well be the case of profit enhancement on increased volumes.

I would definitely be reluctant on buying 4oz Creed bottles for usd 130. Has to be old or something, there has to be a trick somewhere imo. Maybe they want to get rid of old bottles or something, coz it's litteraly half the price of reputed sellers.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    I went to order a 4oz bottle of Millesime Imperial tonight, and lo and behold, the price jumped from about $140 to almost $200. Green Irish Tweed went from $149 to almost $210. I had just checked these prices a couple of days ago. Looks like they did this all across the board. Not sure about other brands, but Creeds definitely went up by about $50 ~ $60 per bottle. I'd ask why, but I already know the answer... holidays are coming up, lots more buyers, jack up the prices accordingly. Nice, real nice. Needless to say I'm going to keep shopping around.

Just a heads up, and curious if anyone else notices other brands getting overnight price increases.
    Hallo, fellow WVian! You can order GIT from Walgreens for cheapish. Until the 20th you can use the PERFUME code to knock off 20%, too.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    http://www.parfum1.com/millesime-imp...asp?itm=CREEIM
    And they have a 10% off coupon on the front page.
    Parfum1 is legit, they're a company based in NYC. The generally have 15% off couples floating around at all times plus the occasional 20% off. I find they generally have good prices if not the best on many many frags. The only catch for me is that they sometimes charge for the shipping and I think they may charge taxes (at least when I order to ship to NYC) so the 15% basically cancels out. but I have ordered from them a few times and they are reputable.

that Walgreens discount about is a solid deal, 4oz GIT for $120. not bad.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by 6of1 View Post
    Hallo, fellow WVian! You can order GIT from Walgreens for cheapish. Until the 20th you can use the PERFUME code to knock off 20%, too.
    Just bought a 4 oz bottle of Royal Water from Walgreen's website for $88, free shipping.

Price increase might be due to Creed cracking down on unauthorized distribution channels, making the gray market bottles more difficult to procure. I mean, Creed must be hearing complaints from the "legit" resellers that discount online sites are cutting into their sales. All speculation, but you can imagine something like that going on.
    Last edited by adonis; 17th November 2010 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roc_Xel View Post
    I would definitely be reluctant on buying 4oz Creed bottles for usd 130. Has to be old or something, there has to be a trick somewhere imo. Maybe they want to get rid of old bottles or something, coz it's litteraly half the price of reputed sellers.
    I got mine for 125 on eBay! Completely legitimate and smells fantastic. It's all about the seller.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Ebay is definitely different. You know you buy it second hand. Was more refering to online stores, there has to be a catch if you can buy a creed for 30% (88 instead of 270) of its original price as marketed in places like neiman or creedboutique imo.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I got mine for 125 on eBay! Completely legitimate and smells fantastic. It's all about the seller.
    Who's the seller please so I can get a bottle.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

It seems that they are reajusting a lot of prices in their site. I have already notice a fragrance that was significately incresed its price on their site from the day to the night. They have listed Vetiver frozen for 35 dollars and then the price raised to almost 50 dollars on the next day. The same happened to signoricci 2, which was 50 and then went to 80 dollars i think. So it seems that it`s a common practice of the store now.

ya alot of prices shot up. I suggest not buying from them for a while!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Take a look at the Coupons and Discounts Board for a few deals on Creed and others. For example Walgreens has a deal going through the 20th of November. (I calculate 4.0 oz GIT and 4.0 oz Original Vetiver @$120.00 after discount code). Free shipping over $25 purchase on most items also.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

I saw that Walgreens buy in another thread. Awesome deal w/ the 20% coupon. I was initially going to purchase GIT but decided to get MI instead because (as lame as it sounds) I'm trying to finish up my bottle of Cool Water first. Man I wish Walgreens sold MI, I would order one immediately if they did. Ah well, I may just go ahead and order GIT from them and ask for MI for Xmas.

Default Re: My Horrible Fragrancenet experience

I also recently ordered from FragranceNet and was quite pleased with the prices, as I find everything in Canada is more expensive... However, as others have mentioned, the packaging of the items leaves a lot to be desired. My YSL La nuit de l'homme is not even sealed, its box is a little beat up, and my JPG Le Male has a dent in the can.

Oh well... I suppose I'll keep them, what do you think?

Default Re: My Horrible Fragrancenet experience

I ordered from fragrancenet once a year ago, got my 2 items quickly and as described. But I haven't bought from them again. Bought my past few colognes on ebay with great prices, quick shipping, solid packaging, and sealed products!

Default FragranceNET question....

I've written them 2 emails but received no answer as of yet. Does anyone know if they (FragranceNET) deliver worldwide?

Thank you!
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Default Re: FragranceNET question....

Yes they do!
    If you create a free account, and add something to the cart... you can then use the shipping calculator to select your country, and it will tell you the cost per item to ship.
    Ive had no problems with purchases from them in the US to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Yes they do!
    If you create a free account, and add something to the cart... you can then use the shipping calculator to select your country, and it will tell you the cost per item to ship.
    Ive had no problems with purchases from them in the US to Australia.
    Thank you Sorcery of Scent!! Creating an account with them now.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Default Re: Serge Lutens from Fragrancenet?

I must admit, I will buy any fragrance cheap or expensive if I like it...I'm not a snob it that sense, however, checking out the prices on Fragrancenet, they are NOT that much cheaper than Aedes or Luckyscent; so to put my mind at ease and to absolutely assure myself that I am not getting a counterfeit product, I will buy from these niche boutiques especially at prices >$100 or more. This idea also includes other Haute-Couture fragrances such as Creed, Bond #9 New York, Frederick Malle, etc....as for "regular" brands/lines, such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, I will look at these other sites.

This is just my own reasoning and two cents worth. :-)

I absolutely love a bargain and getting a Lutens for less than $100 is really a wonderful thing. That said, I've at least 4 bottles of Lutens from Parfum1 and they all arrived in mint condition. I wouldn't be surprised if they are sourced directly from the distributor as DocmannCC suggests. I've also noticed that many of the online fragrance discount shops seem to be working with the same inventory.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceluvr View Post
    I must admit, I will buy any fragrance cheap or expensive if I like it...I'm not a snob it that sense, however, checking out the prices on Fragrancenet, they are NOT that much cheaper than Aedes or Luckyscent; so to put my mind at ease and to absolutely assure myself that I am not getting a counterfeit product, I will buy from these niche boutiques especially at prices >$100 or more. This idea also includes other Haute-Couture fragrances such as Creed, Bond #9 New York, Frederick Malle, etc....as for "regular" brands/lines, such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, I will look at these other sites.

This is just my own reasoning and two cents worth. :-)
    Well they are definitely much cheaper with the 15% discount code factored into the equation.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I bought a bottle of Un Bois Vanille from Fragrancenet at a great price and it was smelled exactly like the TPC sample that I had tested. I've always had good luck with them.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I have ordered Lutens from strawberrynet and they are the real deal. Have compared them against existing bottles bought from my local high end department store. Fabulous prices!

Default Re: concerns about fragrancenet.com

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Some basenoters were saying that they also got a free sample of Exceptional... because you are cologne with each order. I don't know if this is still the case, but I believe every basenoter needs to wear this cologne out at least once in their lifetime. Not a bad scent actually.
    Yeah, I got a sample of it as well. Seems like a knockoff of Ed Hardy Love and Luck, but not nearly as good.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Avoid fragrancenet when it comes to unboxed or tester items... I have ordered many times from them and the only time I had a problem was when I ordered an EXPENSIVE fragrance that was "UNBOXED"! Their customer service is worse than CRAPPY, they hang up on you when you call so you have to keep calling till someone feels like taking your call "without hanging up of course" and they almost never reply to their customer service emails!
    When returning an item they claim it takes 2 weeks after receiving it to refund you which is bull****, you should get refunded right away not after 2 weeks OR more, who know?!

Not the best place to order from because customer service is very important to me and to many online shoppers... but they're working hard on becoming the WORST place to shop for fragrance online I guess!
    I just ordered Bleu De Chanel from them and all they offered was unboxed. They ended up taping the bottle inside a half torn cardboard box. Thankfully, it arrived in great condition. My only complaint was shipping was a little slow, but it was free...

Youre welcome

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

FragranceNet: Ordered two bottles (both boxed) on Thursday 9 December with immediate email confirmation; email advice that it was shipped on Monday 13 December; item delivered (to Australia) on Friday 31 December. Packed in a box too big for purpose, lots of brown paper as 'packing', a sample of 'Exceptional' and a complementary finger nail block. Everything arrived in one piece, the box was a little worse for wear and tear.

I must say the last order was unsatisfactory : the juice of Tsar had little power, It seems to be off
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

So I finally had my first bad experience with Fragrancenet. I just received the wrong version of a fragrance I ordered, not only that, but it also leaked a good portion of the Juice. 2 Weeks and no answer from fragrancenet yet.

Never had a problem with them before...Oh well.

Default Creed product purchase from fragrancenet experience...Please help

Ok, so as I posted earlier, I made my first purchase of a full bottle of niche fragrance (Creed GIT) from fragrancenet. Someone is telling me about their experience with Creed fragrance from fragrancenet. Stale and does not smell like the real thing. Anyone else experience this? thanks for your help.