Code of Conduct

Default Fake Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men at WALGREENS.com

I was duped again. This time by Walgreens.com I had just ordered 2 bottles of GBH from drugstore.com with no issues last week. They ran out so I bought 11 !! bottles from Walgreens.com since they are owned by the same company. They arrived today and BAM counterfeit.

I have photos I just took documenting the ordeal. I do not have an account on a photo sharing website. Can someone PLEASE allow me to email them to you and then you can post them in this thread ?

Send me your email via PM. Thanks.

I am furious. These are going back to walgreens.

Default Re: Fake Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men at WALGREENS.com

Eleven fake bottles - big time disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Eleven fake bottles - big time disappointment.
    Care to help me post the photos so other BN'ers will know the difference between good and bad ? Send me an email via the messaging service. Although you don't accept messages which is really too bad. Why not ?

Boy, that sucks. I'd be furious too. But Walgreens is a very reputable outfit, with no history (that I know of) of selling fakes. I cannot imagine it would knowingly do so. Have you contacted it? I know you said you're sending the bottles back, but I would absolutely let Walgreens know why and see if you could work with it to identify any possible fakes it may have acquired. Walgreens doesn't want its reputation damaged any more than you want to buy fakes.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Already talked to Walgreens this evening. What I NEED is a willing member to send me an email address via the messaging system so you can SEE FOR YOURSELVES. I have photos.

I am dying to get these up here but so far no help ..HELP PLEASE.

Thanks

I sent an email to EA Fragrances with photos, so if they respond I will post back here with their response.

You never told me that I could not forward them to EA Fragrances, even after I mentioned that it was a good idea to do this. I did not include your name or any other personal information. There is no way they can know you ever owned any of their products. Moreover, thatmakesscents emailed me the photos so that I could post them here, since he does not want to open up a photobucket.com account. I don't understand why he would not want EA Fragrances to know about possible fakes of their products, but he wants the BN community to see the photos. I am very confused by all this.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 13th March 2012 at 05:13 AM.

I would like to help but, to be honest, I'm a bit afraid to do so now.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I have no idea why anyone would fake something that you can get for $20.

http://www.parfum1.com/giorgio-man-c...sp?itm=GIOMTS2

Less than $20 with a coupon code.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I dont blame ya, Bigsly. Reading that hurt my head

I 'm always curious to see things like packaging discrepancies, even if there is no faking involved. I saw a TV show not long ago about inspectors examining liquor bottles to see if they were fake. It reminded me of much of what I've read here over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by morrison74 View Post
    I would like to help but, to be honest, I'm a bit afraid to do so now.
    Hello. No need to be afraid. My tone was harsh but well warranted IMO.

I totally understand how silly it is for someone to copy an already cheap fragrance. However I have two very different sets of GBH here all bought within one week of each other. I was just raving about this fragrance all week on BN. That is why I bought 11 bottles of it from Walgreens when drugstore.com was sold out.

I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose. I have already lost my money and I am now working on getting a refund.

Sorry for my tone but this is upsetting.

I just signed up on photobucket but have no idea how to transfer photos here. I'd like to post them. This would at least let members see what I have.

If ANYBODY is kind enough to help me get these online I would appreciate it. If not I guess no big deal. I won't push it anymore.

Thanks

send them to me heperd@gmail
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

.com of course

CHEAP CREED SPLITS

Dependent

wow i have a very hard time believing walgreens could ever have even got a hold of fake perfume

Eleven bottles more after buying 2? You must really love the stuff...

Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Last edited by heperd; 13th March 2012 at 06:25 AM.

CHEAP CREED SPLITS

I'd gladly help you out with photobucket, but it seems you resort to calling people nasty names when they offer you assistance...so count me out. I don't know Bigsly personally, but for the couple years I've been here he's always come across as a respectful and respected member of the BN family. You, on the other hand.....
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

I'm about to order 3-4 bottles of GBH, since I heard rumors suggesting they might be discontinued.
    Please tell me what's fake about the bottles in the pics ?
    I never owned any of the Giorgio frags before, so have nothing to compare them to and Giorgio is not available any where in Denmark, my home country
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

I'm a "horse's mouth" kind of person, perhaps because I don't want to look like a horse's hindquarters. In this case, I wanted to get the opinion of EA Fragrances before posting photos that reveal what appear to be minor discrepancies. It's not like there is an auction that is about to end, or something like that, so I wanted to hold off for a week or so to give them time to respond. Also, in the TV show I watched, they found spelling errors on the vodka bottles, for example. If there was something that appeared really "off," like that, I would have no problem posting the photos.

Maybe it's just me, but I think they look perfectly fine.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I'm a "horse's mouth" kind of person, perhaps because I don't want to look like a horse's hindquarters. In this case, I wanted to get the opinion of EA Fragrances before posting photos that reveal what appear to be minor discrepancies. It's not like there is an auction that is about to end, or something like that, so I wanted to hold off for a week or so to give them time to respond. Also, in the TV show I watched, they found spelling errors on the vodka bottles, for example. If there was something that appeared really "off," like that, I would have no problem posting the photos.
    It could be they use multiple manufacturers to function as backups in case of any kind of natural disaster or other mechanical breakdown (or east coast, west coast distribution). If so, each plant may have slight variations or different capabilities. The bottle width differential is sloppy, I grant you and may be a general indicator of EAs quality control (or lack thereof)... It may not indicate fakes, IMO and your course of action Bigsly seems prudent, IMO.

In any case, I have a bottle directly ordered from Amazon on the way. It will be interesting to see how it fairs against the re-issue bottle I already own that is certainly fine.
    Last edited by drseid; 13th March 2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Dependent

OP never mentioned whether the juice has changed . . . I mean who cares about a font size change or slight bottle dimension adjustment if it smells right? And what is the proof that they're fake and not just a new slightly redesigned batch? Paranoiiid. Also, stop yelling at my friend Bigsly. He may not like top notes, but he doesn't deserve abuse just because you have a short fuse. Find out what's up and smell your juice before you lash out bro

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    OP never mentioned whether the juice has changed

That was the only thing I was concerned about. I immediately noticed a different*smell when I sampled the bottle. I then inspected the packaging and the bottles more closely. That is when I then noticed these differences that I point out in the photos. If I had not doubted the smell I would have never gone over the packaging like I did. Different serial numbers different text. I was hoping it was just made in a different factory.

I had similar issues with bottles I bought from overstock.com this summer. When I re visited the scent last week (drugstore.com) I was amazed at how different and better the bottle was that I received from drugstore.com.

Now all I care about it getting my money back and moving on.

What Bigsly did NOT do is ask my permission to send my photos to E. Arden while I am trying to get my money back X 11 bottles. Does anybody not see this as being rude and inconsiderate ? If I had already received my refund back I wouldn't care.

I don't think I should be perceived as cruel because I got upset at him for doing this. My tone was rather harsh but all of you would be pissed off if someone took the liberty to do the same to you.

I am done with this. Do what you will with the information.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 13th March 2012 at 08:44 AM.

I honestly don't see whats fake about these, The different serials and text are probably just indicative of different production dates/change of manufacture.

To be honest, it was beyond my imagination that EA Fragrances would lie and say that those are their fragrances if they in fact were not. From what I understand, these companies are very concerned about fakes and if a major retailer was selling them they would be grateful that an ordinary consumer pointed this out to them. And if they said the bottles were fakes that would only bolster any attempt to get a refund. The only "problem" I can conceive of is that some are weaker than others, and then the policy may vary from store to store. As many BNers have said about Z-14, there are different versions, apparently, some of which are much better than others. However, if that is the case here it is unrelated to me sending photos to EA Fragrances without mentioning anyone's name. That is something many of us are really concerned about, and we know that in some cases we can't get our money back (such as an ebay auction that says no refunds). However, I was under the distinct impression that thatmakessense thinks these are fakes, so I did not consider this when I sent the photois.

---
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 13th March 2012 at 09:46 AM.

OP you're paranoid, your fragrances are legit.

Only reason i can think of as to why the op would be so angry at EA being approached before a refund, is that maybe they are legit and EA may confirm this and that would halt a full refund?. Not saying this is the case. Just how it comes across to me from what I have read. Personally, I would like to have evidence direct from the company to show walgreens that they really are fakes.
    Top 10 at the moment:

1.Kouros
    2.Terre D'Hermes
    3.Fahrenheit
    4.Creed Royal Oud
    5.Eau Sauvage
    6.Dior Homme Sport
    7.Creed Bois du Portugal
    8.Givency PI
    9.Dior Homme
    10.Ralph Lauren Polo Blue

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    OP you're paranoid, your fragrances are legit.
    +1... This reminds me of the time I bought fake Prada shoes at Nordstroms half yearly sale.

Interesting thread....

The bottles look legit to me. I didn't get a box with mine, so it is hard to tell. But certainly it is possible to have different fonts on box's of the same fragrance. And while I am sure there are fake Giorgio for Men out there ( is a classic from the 80s, of course there are fakes ! It doesn't matter if it is cheap or not), I am not sure that the ones in the picture are.

I'll let others figure this out and I'll be paying attention with keen interest.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Update :

1. This morning I printed my back and forth emails with the Walgreens consumer relations department and headed to the nearest store for a refund. I had no issues and was refunded in full.

2. This afternoon I received my other 7 bottles from drugstore.com. I had no issues with them at all initially. However these bottles today had the SAME serial numbers as the Walgreens bottles I just returned. I just sent those back 30 minutes ago. Walgreens owns Drugstore.com so they probably use the same distributors. Although the first 3bottles I had first received from Drugstore.com were brilliant. This leaves me wondering.

3. This leads me to believe that either they were two different batches....1 had a beautiful patchouli/honey smell....the other had mainly an annoying cinnamon smell and that was basically all. Similar to that in Halston Z-14 with very little patchouli honey or longevity. Either way the difference between the two were night and day for me. It was so night and day that I decided to purchase a cache of bottles of "the good stuff" to keep on hand.

4. EA emailed me today and wanted to send me a pre paid envelope so that they can analyze the fragrance I think is a fake. I think that's great that they want to do this but I have none to send them at this point. Obviously the photos I sent them made them curious.

5. When I contacted EA a year ago about GBH they told me they had nothing to do with it besides being a 3rd party distributor for them. This is a bad way to conduct business if you care about quality control. You distribute a fragrance but you don't sell it on your website and you have your customers scurrying around to dubious online discount outlets to purchase it.

It's all good. I got my money back but I only have 3 bottles of the good stuff left. Like a fine wine they shall be opened and enjoyed. When they are gone they are gone. That was a good glass of wine !

I recommend BN'ers to look for the serial number on the drugstore.com bottle here in my photos. The serial number labeled under Walgreens may not be to your liking.

Good luck and thanks for reading. Also thank you to anyone kind enough to support me. I very much appreciate it.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 13th March 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Does anybody not see this as being rude and inconsiderate ?
    Nope.

Calling a seemingly nice guy an "AHOLE" and a "DOUCHEBAG" on a public formum, however, is both.

And while you may be "done with this" particular episode, I'm sure there will be more down the road. Today it was Walgreens. A few months back it was Target. Whiney emails and threats to the BBB. Talk about your First World problems. I, for one, will be skipping your next tantrum.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

For those interested, EA Fragrances contacted me within 24 hours and asked me to give them my mailing address. They said they would send me a FedEx label so that I could send the fragrances back to them. This leads me to believe that they didn't read my entire email (since I said it was a friend's problem, not mine), but that they have great customer service. This is valuable information to have !

The fragrances are legit.
    Didnt read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Nope.

Calling a seemingly nice guy an "AHOLE" and a "DOUCHEBAG" on a public formum, however, is both.

And while you may be "done with this" particular episode, I'm sure there will be more down the road. Today it was Walgreens. A few months back it was Target. Whiney emails and threats to the BBB. Talk about your First World problems. I, for one, will be skipping your next tantrum.
    Plus one First World problems indeed.

As well, I'm really appreciative of the work Bigsly has done, in not only this thread, but others as well to distinguish reformulated bottles and possible fakes.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I just came back from Korea Town here in NYC. There is GBH in almost every one of those indian owned fragrance shops. These guys sell counterfeits with impunity.

2 shop keepers opened up a new box for me just to smell it..." No problem boss". The juice looks like dark yellow urine but funny enough it smells just like GBH but only for a short period of time.

Also the text used on the bottom "Made in the USA " is the *same looking text as the walgreens version I complained about. Although the serial numbers did not match up to the walgreens bottles. I mention this because I have seen the SAME type of font on other counterfeits. Original bottles of anything I own have sharp carefully laid out text.

* They are also selling counterfeit Halston Z-14...WHY ? For $10 I can get it from Walmart but these guys like putting effort into counterfeits. I don't know why.

I won't even get into the Guerlain bottles I saw.

Don't listen to me or judge your opinion on one person's post. Get up off the couch and see for yourself. Depend on yourself for the truth.

Any NYer's working in midtown should see this.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 15th March 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Update :

1. This morning I printed my back and forth emails with the Walgreens consumer relations department and headed to the nearest store for a refund. I had no issues and was refunded in full.

2. This afternoon I received my other 7 bottles from drugstore.com. I had no issues with them at all initially. However these bottles today had the SAME serial numbers as the Walgreens bottles I just returned. I just sent those back 30 minutes ago. Walgreens owns Drugstore.com so they probably use the same distributors. Although the first 3bottles I had first received from Drugstore.com were brilliant. This leaves me wondering.

3. This leads me to believe that either they were two different batches....1 had a beautiful patchouli/honey smell....the other had mainly an annoying cinnamon smell and that was basically all. Similar to that in Halston Z-14 with very little patchouli honey or longevity. Either way the difference between the two were night and day for me. It was so night and day that I decided to purchase a cache of bottles of "the good stuff" to keep on hand.
    4. EA emailed me today and wanted to send me a pre paid envelope so that they can analyze the fragrance I think is a fake. I think that's great that they want to do this but I have none to send them at this point. Obviously the photos I sent them made them curious.

5. When I contacted EA a year ago about GBH they told me they had nothing to do with it besides being a 3rd party distributor for them. This is a bad way to conduct business if you care about quality control. You distribute a fragrance but you don't sell it on your website and you have your customers scurrying around to dubious online discount outlets to purchase it.

It's all good. I got my money back but I only have 3 bottles of the good stuff left. Like a fine wine they shall be opened and enjoyed. When they are gone they are gone. That was a good glass of wine !

I recommend BN'ers to look for the serial number on the drugstore.com bottle here in my photos. The serial number labeled under Walgreens may not be to your liking.

Good luck and thanks for reading. Also thank you to anyone kind enough to support me. I very much appreciate it.
    The bottle I have has no honey at all. It does have the spice pine blast on first spray that quickly fades away leaving a skin scent that has no longevity or projection.
    Vintage Kouros rocks