Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Ordering with FragranceNet - Better by Phone or Online?

I'm ordering from the UK, I've ordered large amount of stuff on two occasions. Both I have ordered online, and both have been decent experiences. Very good shipping time and good packaging (and no tax). I love FragranceNet because if you order something that isn't in stock, they give you the next size up. I ordered Curve 100ml and got 125ml (yes I like Curve ). If you pay via PayPal you get added security from them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I'm ordering from the UK...If you pay via PayPal you get added security from them, too.
    My comments do not apply to the UK, but US buyers should never choose PayPal over paying with a credit card when given a choice. Anywhere. Ever.

US credit card purchases are covered by the Fair Credit Billing Act, which gives you specific rights and remedies in case of problems with an order. The card issuer is required to comply with the FCBA investigation procedures.

PayPal as a whole is under no such constraints, and my experience is that they're just not interested in becoming involved in disputes between customers and vendors. (What if you fund the PayPal purchase with a credit card? It's a gray area...) Good luck even getting in touch with a real person at PayPal.

In response to the OP, ordering over the phone just gives them the opportunity to screw up your name, address, billing information, and order. The information is just going into their computer system anyway, so you might as well put it in yourself.
    Last edited by NillaGoon; 25th March 2010 at 07:05 PM.

I've done one order with them (online) so far and they did great. My order arrived in two days, and the product was as advertisted.

All my orders have been online. All have been perfect, and quick. (last order arrived today, ordered a couple days ago.) I always pay with my debit card (I use my Paypal for eBay only, if I must.) Oh... it was a Habanita tester. (my SoTD tomorrow methinks!)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    All my orders have been online. All have been perfect, and quick.
    Same here.

Default OPENED Pure Malt from Fragrancenet

Hey guys,
    I ordered a bottle of Pure Malt from fragrancenet about a week ago. There was no problem with shipping but when I opened the UPS package, the Pure Malt Box did not have any packaging on it and looked as though it had previously been opened from both sides. Are there any clues that would tell me if the juice has been tampered with (diluted, replaced, etc.)?

Default Re: OPENED Pure Malt from Fragrancenet

it will smell like a sweet liquor at the beginning, maybe even with berries the drydown smells similar to angel for women it will not be as strong as a men but it will last you for the whole day

Boy that kinda sucks! I recently just received John Varvatos from them and was very pleased. The box was wrapped and the serial numbers matched on the bottom of the bottle and the stamp on the box. I didn't want to come across a story like this as I thought I had found a decent place. You have to let me know, do the serial numbers match? Do you know what pure malt is suppose to be like? I am jealous, that's next on my list. I friggin love the stuff. I have a sampler, that's how I know the smell. Looking forward to hearing your reply!

mickers,
    the serial numbers do match but I was just concerned that the juice has been manipulated with....i don't actually care if the bottle is opened or not if the juice is fine. unfortunately, i haven't smelled the juice before but so far it is potent and smells like whiskey spices and fruits...a good sign! lol

Don't even get me started on fragrancenet. I know they are cheap and I have ordered a shat ton from them, but I am pretty much sick and tired of their lack of care to customers. A long while ago I ordered Gucci PH II from them and got it in the mail. The box said Gucci PH II Eau de Toilette, wrapped in shrinkwrap and everything, and I opened it up like a giddy little schoolgirl and inside is aftershave. This might not be a problem if I actually had facial hair. I sent it back and had to wait till they got it to get a replacement. Just about 3 weeks ago I ordered something else and when I got it in the mail the box looked like absolute shit, like someone had thrown it across the room and then stepped on it, and the bottle inside was empty. No, it hadn't leaked, the package smelled neutral, it was just empty. There was no shrinkwrap either. How can you not take the time on a fragrance that isn't even skrinkwrapped to make sure there was juice in it? Needless to say I was furious and called them and asked them what the dealio was. It would have been fine if they would have sent another to me, but the woman told me I had to send it back and wait for them to get it before they could send it again. This is what really pissed me off. I have been a more than loyal customer and spend way too much money there, and they couldn't even send me a replacement for their error? I sent them a nice letter with my return saying I was very disappointed and would not be buying from them again.

Anyway, sorry about my little rant about fragrancenet, but I really don't find them to be all as reliable as they claim.
    I'm not your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    Don't even get me started on fragrancenet. I know they are cheap and I have ordered a shat ton from them, but I am pretty much sick and tired of their lack of care to customers. A long while ago I ordered Gucci PH II from them and got it in the mail. The box said Gucci PH II Eau de Toilette, wrapped in shrinkwrap and everything, and I opened it up like a giddy little schoolgirl and inside is aftershave. This might not be a problem if I actually had facial hair. I sent it back and had to wait till they got it to get a replacement. Just about 3 weeks ago I ordered something else and when I got it in the mail the box looked like absolute shit, like someone had thrown it across the room and then stepped on it, and the bottle inside was empty. No, it hadn't leaked, the package smelled neutral, it was just empty. There was no shrinkwrap either. How can you not take the time on a fragrance that isn't even skrinkwrapped to make sure there was juice in it? Needless to say I was furious and called them and asked them what the dealio was. It would have been fine if they would have sent another to me, but the woman told me I had to send it back and wait for them to get it before they could send it again. This is what really pissed me off. I have been a more than loyal customer and spend way too much money there, and they couldn't even send me a replacement for their error? I sent them a nice letter with my return saying I was very disappointed and would not be buying from them again.

Anyway, sorry about my little rant about fragrancenet, but I really don't find them to be all as reliable as they claim.
    would you rank amazon higher?

I have actually never ordered for amazon, so I am not sure. I also should say that I have ordered a LOT from fragrancent.com and they only screwed up two times, but really the mistakes were ridiculous and they cannot send you a replacement until they get it back. It is funny because they only need to confirm they have it, they don't even look at it to make sure its broken or whatever. They told me as soon as USPS website confirms they have it I could call and they would send out another. To me that just seems very petty. We better make sure we have this empty bottle before we send you your replacement! I have gone through the same process before, and spent so much money with you, but apparently I am not trusted enough to warrant an instant replacement...sigh. I need to stop, because I am apparently very bitter on this subject lol. Strawberrynet takes ages to ship your items and they are a bit more expensive, but their attention to detail is amazing.
    I'm not your toy.

Default Re: Do not buy Creed from FragranceNet

^ Interesting bit of information. Thank you!

I prefer to buy my Creeds from the source, usually Saks 5th. And people who know me know I love Creed and I only get from Saks or the boutique since there are so many counterfeits and lower quality Creeds running around.

Hello - I too have had an experience with FragranceNet. I ordered Hermes Eau de Merveilles gift box with EDP, shower gel and body lotion. I had just tested the fragrance at Nordstroms and it lasted on my wrist for several hours. The product from FragranceNet was like water, no scent at all.....just a little at the beginning but basically like spraying water on my wrist. Beautiful gift box, beautiful bottle....it had to have been diluted. Even old perfume will smell of alcohol. This was watered down I think. I called and spoke to very nice customer service person who said they would refund me. It was only 2 days ago so am waiting for it to show up.

Default First transactions with FragranceNet.com

I just wanted to share My first two transactions with FragranceNet.......
    First order was a small bottle of Creed MI with some random samples. It arrived quickly and rather well packaged but it would not spray and some of the MI leaked. The fragrance was good and appeared to be real, but back it went. I made a call and it was answered and a email was promptly sent, by FN. The return was received and emails were sent to keep Me in the loop and the money was refunded in a reasonable amount of time.
    The second order was for a bottle of Terre d'Hermes pure perfume. Order received and quickly delivered. Ordered on 5/23 and got it today, 5/27. Well packaged and still in cellophane, seems very fresh.
    Overall, I am very satisfied with FN and would not hesitate to use, especially at the price points, again. Being a newbie I wanted to share this to put some minds at ease on using FN. So if You have so send something back, it isn't a big deal and the fragrances seem legit.

Default Re: First transactions with FragranceNet.com

When you say the TdH was well packaged, what exactly do you mean?

My only order with FragranceNet arrived "well packaged" in a cardboard box with a crumpled up piece of packing paper and a tacky compact mirror.

Proper sized box with paper was sufficient to offer little room for movement. Secure, well packaged, in My opinion given it was in a box of its own. "Well packaged" for a fragrance, not for a Vase from the Ming dynasty. It did include a compact mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    My only order with FragranceNet arrived "well packaged" in a cardboard box with a crumpled up piece of packing paper and a tacky compact mirror.
    Yeah everytime I've ordered from FragranceNet, they've packed it identically.
    The people running the show must be some crazy dudes as no amount of customer complaints or suggestions EVER get heard or responded to.
    They just don't care a F***.
    I mean c'mon how hard it is to know that if you are running a fragrance store online, you have to bubblewrap and package your bottles securely so they don't bump around in the box and arrive shattered or leak during shipment. Perhaps common sense doesn't come naturally to these people. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Yeah everytime I've ordered from FragranceNet, they've packed it identically.
    The people running the show must be some crazy dudes as no amount of customer complaints or suggestions EVER get heard or responded to.
    They just don't care a F***.
    I mean c'mon how hard it is to know that if you are running a fragrance store online, you have to bubblewrap and package your bottles securely so they don't bump around in the box and arrive shattered or leak during shipment. Perhaps common sense doesn't come naturally to these people. Oh well....
    I know that Beauty**Encouter is now resorting to sending perfume boxes in bubble mailer envelopes, of all things. Anyone have this happen? They used to use boxes and bubblewrap securely.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

AromiErotici

FragranceNet sent me poorly packaged bottles that caused one to break enroute to me. When I complained on this site about it, they had shills post on the thread and send me pm's. I have a very bad temper concerning things like that and of course, things got heated.

Suffice it to say I will never purchase from them again for any reason.

Default Authenticating Creed MI purchase from Fragrancenet.com

Hey all,

The 1oz bottle of MI I ordered just arrived and before I open it (in case it need be returned), is there anything I should be on the look out to make sure it's the real stuff, or should I be confident in this vendor? The first thing that caught me off guard was it says it was made in France. I was under the impression that Creed was made in England.

Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but from reading some posts on here, I got the impression that their are some fraud Creed products out there....

Default Authenticating Creed MI purchase from Fragrancenet.com

Hey all,

The 1oz bottle of MI I ordered just arrived and before I open it (in case it need be returned), is there anything I should be on the look out to make sure it's the real stuff, or should I be confident in this vendor? The first thing that caught me off guard was it says it was made in France. I was under the impression that Creed was made in England.

Perhaps I am just being paranoid, but from reading some posts on here, I got the impression that their are some fraud Creed products out there....

Default Re: Authenticating Creed MI purchase from Fragrancenet.com

Hi Force of One. Check out this lengthy thread on the topic, here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/207...uthentic-Creed
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

It should be cellophane wrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    It should be cellophane wrapped.
    Can't be more true.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Regarding being made in France - it should be, so you're good (on that point, at least).

Fragrancenet is pretty legit. You shouldn't have a problem, except for the occasional "old stock."

Default Fragrancenet - do they sell genuine fragrances?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a bottle of Terre D'hermes off them but I was just wondering first if they sold genuine fragrances?

What's international shipping time like (Australia) and is it sent registered like strawberrynet.

Thanks.

Default Re: Fragrancenet - do they sell genuine fragrances?

Hi !

I don't know about Fragrancenet, but I've bought Terre d'Hermès from "perfumesbeautys" on EBay and I suggest you do the same. Genuine fragrance, secure transaction and fast shipment.

They do sell authentic stuff BUT their packaging is horrible. If your fragrance bottle makes it in one piece, you should thank god.
    Besides their customer service is no better than most other lousy etailers. They don't respond to emails.

Blog Entries

Agreed. Authentic, but the packing is crazy...

- drop frag (in box) and samples, unwrapped, into 1-foot cubic cardboard box
    - wad up a big ball of brown paper and stuff it in the center of the box
    - seal box
    - if frag breaks samples, you won't complain
    - if frag itself breaks, they will give you refund or repeat order

But always genuine, reasonable price, and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Agreed. Authentic, but the packing is crazy...

- drop frag (in box) and samples, unwrapped, into 1-foot cubic cardboard box
    - wad up a big ball of brown paper and stuff it in the center of the box
    - seal box
    - if frag breaks samples, you won't complain
    - if frag itself breaks, they will give you refund or repeat order

But always genuine, reasonable price, and fast.
    Very well put except you forgot to mention the 'purse mirror' that they toss in, free. LOL

Basenotes Plus

perfumesbeautys is no longer a registered user on Ebay, apparently doing some recent ripoffs.

What do you guys think of buying off ebay from a seller with a high feedback score?

I was thinking of getting this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Egoiste-Colog...item35aa074eef

But he doesn't mention the word "Genuine" in his description.

Do you guys know where I can get some cheap Chanel Perfumes?

Fragrancenet is out.

Fragrancex only sells testers and small sizes and I want the full packaging because I'm a materialist

Strawberrynet isn't that cheap.

Anywhere else I should look in order to find cheap Chanel fragrances?

Also with fragrancenet do I have to wait at home to sign for the parcel or does the post man just leave it at the doorstep?
    Last edited by maybeamac; 20th June 2010 at 03:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Fragrancenet use UPS - they usually leave it by your door or in a safe place that can't be seen from the street too well. They also ring the doorbell before dashing off.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th June 2010 at 03:57 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeamac View Post
    Anywhere else I should look in order to find cheap Chanel fragrances?
    Chanel has been clamping down on it's distribution channels for some time now. It has become quite difficult to find Chanel "cheap", ie 25%+ less than retail. Also, popular Chanels are popular to counterfeit. If I were you (and I will be this coming Christmas), i'd bite the bullet and buy it outright from a brick and mortar store, or another member here on Basenotes.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

I've ordered from FN about 15 - 20 times and have never had any problems at all. The "juice" has been fresh, no breakage, no problems with sprays, etc.

That being said, I would never order a FB of Chanel anything from an online discounter, and Creed is risky too. Chanel is by far the most likely to be "faked," as their logo is known and wanted all over the world, on everything from clothing to sunglasses as well as perfume. I've heard that Creed's Green Irish Tweed is often faked, but am not sure about the other scents. Still, I'd never buy either from any place other than a brick 'n mortar store or from a fellow perfume fan I know and trust.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Fragrancenet just told me after I pay they don't accept paypal for international orders =.=.

That's strange, they accepted paypal about a month ago when I ordered from them.

personally i wouldnt worry too much, fragrance net guarantees its products 100% so if you can prove its a fake after opening it you shouldnt have any trouble getting your money back.

Exclamation Green Irish Tweed from Fragrancenet

is it safe to order from fragrancenet.com? are their creed cologne's always authentic? has anyone ever gotten a old bottle that has faded top notes? i was going to order one from the creed site but i live in a small town in canada the total came up to $345.00 whice is abit more than i'm willing to spend on my first expensive cologne.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed from Fragrancenet

i think they are legit. If its not gone yet there's a basenoter selling his GIT cheaper in the sell forum and I think hes from Canada too.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed from Fragrancenet

They are legit, they sometimes sell old stock though.

Someone explain this crap....sounds like fraud to me...anyone?

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order.

For your protection and security, your order is currently on hold.
    We were unable to verify your credit card Billing Address with your credit card company.

Follow the below instructions and
    ***** Receive an EXTRA 10% OFF your order *****

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but
    in order to process and ship your order we require that you

*Fax us a copy of the front & back of your credit card*
    (please use this email as your fax cover sheet)

-Attention Order Review Department
    -Order Number: XXXXXXXX
    -fax to the USA, fax number: 631-582-8433
    -please fax us a copy of the front and back of your credit card

Hey Marshmellow, I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago and had no probs. Use paypal instead if you can. Much much safer when dealing with any online companies, although I really recommend Fragrancenet. They are definitely not dodgy and they've always shipped my orders really quickly.

I just used paypal this is what I got, insane....

Thank you for your recent FragranceNet.com order.

Unfortunately we cannot accept your PayPal payment. We require payment via electronic transfer of funds for this order.

If you would like to proceed with your order,

Please remit payment to:
    KeyBank, NA
    127 Public Square
    Cleveland, OH 44114

Default concerns about fragrancenet.com

Are they legit I've read yes and no and it seems that its about 50 50 saying yes theyre legit or no theyre not I dont see how they would have stayed in business so long if they weren't but i get the feeling that they might know who theyre getting their fragrances from im just concerned I would like to save money but I dont mind paying more if i know im getting the product i want.

Weird..... Never experienced anything like that with Fragrancenet. Just email them and ask them what the story is. It is ridiculous not to accept paypal when it is clearly the safer option and they usually offer payment by paypal. They are pretty quick to respond to emails.

Quote Originally Posted by oluca View Post
    Weird..... Never experienced anything like that with Fragrancenet. Just email them and ask them what the story is. It is ridiculous not to accept paypal when it is clearly the safer option and they usually offer payment by paypal. They are pretty quick to respond to emails.
    Well I am using a pre-paid visa card, might that be the problem then?

Quote Originally Posted by oluca View Post
    Oh Oluca what other websites do you use to order your frags?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: concerns about fragrancenet.com

I have had no problems with them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was tempted to buy an 8.4 flacon of Creed Royal Water from them, but the price is extremely low and we all know what happens if something looks too good to be true........

I see it mentions *Great Britain orders are dispatched from the UK and delivered via Royal Mail with full tracking information. Please allow 4-7 business days for delivery." Does anyone know if they have an actual UK presence, or do they get their stock and post to UK customers via another company? My main concern is the stoppers on these Creed bottles and the care with packaging. From reading other posts, it seems that the packaging is not always adequate. Also I'm wondering just how old this Creed is to be sold at the low price of $174.19. It's less than half the price of what it is sold for in the UK.

The pre-paid visa could be the prob. Either that or they don't like Kiwi's. Just jokes... I'm originally for Wgtn.
    I've ordered from FragranceX before but MEGA slow shipping and terrible customer service. People in America seem to have no probs with them though. Strawberrynet is great but more expensive... some things like Serge Lutens' are well priced especially when the dollar is good. But usually I use fragrancenet and orders usually arrive in a week and there's always a 15% off code if you search on google. If I were you, I'd link a bank account to your paypal and try with that. Good luck

Some basenoters were saying that they also got a free sample of Exceptional... because you are cologne with each order. I don't know if this is still the case, but I believe every basenoter needs to wear this cologne out at least once in their lifetime. Not a bad scent actually.

Basenotes Institution

Every order I have made has included a sample of Exceptional and I admit I have not tried it !
    Fragrancenet,so far, has been good.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

No problems with Fragrancenet here, except that the 'Basenotes' coupon doesn't seem to work anymore.

Blog Entries

I bought 1 Million from them a week ago, got a bunch of coupons, an Exceptional sample (its eh...ive smelled something like it before), and 1 great, and as far as i can tell, real fragrance. And it came within 3 days of ordering.

To me, theyre a great business where you can find almsot anything for less

I've never had problems with FragranceNet. All fragrances I ordered were authentic. Okay, I really hate that Exceptional sample, but...really no problems with this online store.