Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

I placed my order for Imperial Millesime last week and I'm waiting for it to be delivered to me here in the UK. The tracking number they put on the website seems legit, but if I search for it on the RoyalMail website it says "the sender has informed us that the item with reference <number> is due to be posted on 2012-04-06" or something like that. It's now the 11th But I'm hopeful it will arrive soon.

Default Fragrancenet (dot) com return policy?

Sigh,

First off Aventus, wow is really all I can say about it. For a while I have been looking to buy a very nice scent and finally decided to pull the trigger on Aventus. Partly due to these forums and partly due to heading out and getting a sample.

So, I had a coupon code for fragrancenet(dot)com and my first niche scent was ordered and promptly shipped to me. Only thing is on my first spray, only one spray mind you, It didn't smell anything like what I had tested before. I thought to myself well, maybe I'll need to get used to it. On my second spray the next day, again just one spritz, same thing. No pop as before with the sample I had come across. Obviously this had to do with the difference in the batches, and now I am at a loss.

I'd like to return this back and wondering if anyone has any experience on returns when dealing with fragrancenet(dot)com? I read that they provide refunds on unused items but 2 spritz I feel shouldn't matter as I am not satisfied with the product.

Am I screwed and should start thinking ebay or should I not worry?

Thanks

First time poster long time reader of forums.
    Also mod if I've posted this in an incorrect location please feel free to move it.

Default Re: Fragrancenet (dot) com return policy?

Welcome. Personally and luckily never had to return anything to them. Don't think they will accept an opened and used return,but you've got nothing to lose by trying. Good luck.

Default Re: Fragrancenet (dot) com return policy?

Welcome to BN.

No, you're not screwed. Assuming it came in an unwrapped box (as Creeds should), just follow their return policy and you'll get your money back. Chances are nothing will be said and they won't ask you if you sprayed it. But even if they do and you choose to tell them you did spray it, then THAT can be the reason you're returning it (i.e., it does not smell as it should and you believe it is a defective product).

Infrequently, Fragrancenet and other online fragrance companies will wrap Creeds in cellophane. I have no idea why they do this but it CAN serve as a valid reason for returning the product, IF you wish to do so. Just tell them you opened it to try to determine if it was a genuine Creed, and that even though it appears to be, you've decided that you just don't feel comfortable keeping it, considering how much you paid for it. They will allow you to return it because they know Creeds do not come wrapped in cellophane and they know your suspicions are justified.

Default Original Santal from Fragrancenet

Has anyone recently purchased Creed's Original Santal from Fragrancenet recently? If so, what is the batch number? I want to make sure that they are not shipping out 2010's.

Default Re: Original Santal from Fragrancenet

I bought one i february and it was a 2010 batch. But there are no issues with either longevity or projection with this batch, at least on me.

This one seems to have remained pretty consistent over the years from what I can surmise.

Yeah its only the 2010 Tweed and MI you need to avoid, I've got a 2010 OS and its as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This one seems to have remained pretty consistent over the years from what I can surmise.
    I have the 2010 batch and its good. I really havent smelled any variations of this one.

Basenotes Junkie

Anyone done Silver Mountain Water from them lately as well? I have no idea about batch-variations, but I guess I'd prefer an up-to-date version on that if I were to place an order.

Nice to hear that Original Santal isn't all that different. I really like it. Enough to warrant the price? I'm not sure. At the same time, I seem to be somewhat struck by the collector-gene, already owning eight Creeds and really wanting to get to at least 10. Oh dear :/

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Anyone done Silver Mountain Water from them lately as well? I have no idea about batch-variations, but I guess I'd prefer an up-to-date version on that if I were to place an order.

Nice to hear that Original Santal isn't all that different. I really like it. Enough to warrant the price? I'm not sure. At the same time, I seem to be somewhat struck by the collector-gene, already owning eight Creeds and really wanting to get to at least 10. Oh dear :/
    I've got a 2011 SMW from an online vendor. Smells great. Longevity sucks. 4 hours on a great day.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The 2.5 oz tester of Original Santal at Fragrancenet is $80 shipped if you use the discount code. That's not very expensive, in my opinion. It's around the same price as some more expensive designers.

Well my MI bottle arrived in perfect condition on the 13th. Got a 2011 batch as well and it smells very fruity. I haven't worn it yet though. Very happy so far.

Default Re: First transactions with FragranceNet.com

Thanks for sharing this useful info for us. I didn't have the any idea about this before. Its really great.

Default Fragrancenet customer service is wonderful

I heard so many negative stories about fragrancenet's customer service, that I held off contacting them about my bum bottle of Aventus, but they have been nothing but helpful with me. They offered to take my used bottle back even though I don't have the box and not charge me a restocking fee.

I would definitely shop with them again after this experience!

Default Re: Fragrancenet customer service is wonderful

Their customer service is great.

I agree that there have been many negative reviews I called 3 times with one of my orders and the customer service was exceptional.

Double post.

That's nice to hear. Personally have never had any problem with them.

Count yourself lucky. I ordered He Wood Silver Windwood and the CS Rep. tried to tell me that the original He Wood was Silver Windwood. I had to direct her to her own website and then she's like...."Oh, well they look the same!!!" Told her to give me a refund and that she needs to brush up on her customer service skills before she gets fired!". 2nd order I had with them they took over 2 weeks to ship and when I called them they told me it was a service issue with Streamlite and they couldn't tell me where my package was and had to refund me. Always pay with PayPal when ordering from them because chances are your going to need it.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Basenotes Plus

I've ordered from them several times and have never had a problem.

Ordered from them and got a wrong item, it was slightly annoying getting a refund.

Blog Entries

FRAGRANCENET ROCKs! If they see you purchasing a good number of items within a short time span they send you FREE SHIPPING-no min. purchase coupons!!!!

while DEEP DISCOUNT.com sucks like a Mutha!

scented monkey kinda jerks you around

Default Re: FragranceNet - Really that bad?

mine arrived on this Monday, 10 working days, not bad!

I've only had good experiences with them. Their shipping is a bit slow though, and one order's box was completely demolished, but aside from that. I've never really had the need to test their customer service though, luckily.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

What I don't like is this new thing where they use a shipping service that partners with the USPS which delays package delivery even more rather than straight USPS or UPS.

Blog Entries

I've ordered from them a few times, a couple via Amazon. Never had a problem except for one time where I felt I was given an old bottle. That said, I will continue to use them, but only when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    I've ordered from them a few times, a couple via Amazon. Never had a problem except for one time where I felt I was given an old bottle. That said, I will continue to use them, but only when necessary.
    Ditto. I've noticed this also, especially with a couple of bottles of Obsession I ordered for my grandfather. I know that fragrance has been around for over 20 years, but c'mon. I think they just keep the bottles 'til they sell - no matter how old?

Default L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/se..._type=designer

With a 20% discount code TP52C its an amazing price.
    I bought 6:

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau Du Navigateur

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR TIMBUKTU

L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage D'Enfer

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure Et Musc Extreme

All of them blind. Are they good and they last long?
    What more should i get?

Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

Have 50 L'Artisan bottles in my collection including the ones in your list. All very nice IMO. Congrats, you're in for a treat! Others will give you better insight as to what others you could add. My last acquisitions to my collection were the entire Mon Numero line and Batucada.

I've read about issues with longevity with some L'Artisans. I've got Mechant Loup and don't have any issues with it. It's good at the price you paid but I wouldn't go much higher, in terms of what I personally think it's worth, but I tend to be less willing to spend a lot relative to other BNers.

Basenotes Institution

Mure Et Musc Extreme is my favorite L'Artisan . So subtle yet lasting blackberry and musk . It's a touch dirty - just a touch and so well done.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Too bad they don't have Tea for Two, would've jumped on that one

Whoa...those are some ridiculous prices...I wish I would have known they carried those

Damn.

not 15 minutes earlier, i used a 15% off coupon and blind bought Midnight in Paris to put myself in free shipping territory after buying a gift for my roommate.

Oh well.

I've sampled Timbuktu a lot and for 45 bucks after shipping, I've got 3.4oz of it.

I bought Dzing! for my mother last christmas... Paid 115 at luckyscent I think...

Damn.

Ok, now which ones to get?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Wow. What a great find d4N13L. This are crazy CHEAP prices. Unfortunately shipping to my country is not cheapest. Still I will probably order Timbuktu and/or Voleur de Roses.

Thanks for heads up!
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

It seems quite a few of the discount sites are selling L'Artisan around half price at the moment. Think its because the 50mls are going and or some discontinued.

Even TKMaxx bottles popping up. I got Voleur de Roses at under 25 some time ago. Brandalley UK does seem to have them every few months. I bought Dzonghka and am waiting for it to arrive, should be today.
    DONNA

Jour de fte is my favorite from this selection but it's out of stock and discontinued.

Recently bought Poivre piquant (-50% on their site) and don't have any regrets

Thanks for mentioning this. I snagged a 100ml of Navegar - I think this is an underrated gem and is one of my favorite summer scents. I was kicking myself for not picking up a bottle earlier when I heard it was discontinued and some places were selling it for 50% off.

Also picked up a 1 ounce bottle of Zino for $14 after the discount. How can you go wrong with that?

So i went with Voleur De Roses and Mechant Loup. Are these at all unisex enough that is i dont like them my gf can wear them?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Voleur de Roses is a big patchouli rose. A bit gothic almost. Works well on either sex imo.

Mechant Loup I'm not sure about. If I had more blind buy money I'd have picked that up too - always been curious about it.

I have samples both but only after smelling about 50 other things so i dont remember anything about them.

ML sounds very masculine, i'll try the VdR on her. She is always very paranoid that anything i have is not for girls unless it explicitly says so.

Having money in paypal combined with this site equals lots of late night buying......uhggggg
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    ... i'll try the VdR on her. She is always very paranoid that anything i have is not for girls unless it explicitly says so.
    A girl (Lian@BN) turned me on to VdR many moons ago. No worries! This was definitely the time to buy it.

I bought Timbuktu - what a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Having money in paypal combined with this site equals lots of late night buying......uhggggg
    Yeah. LOL!

PS - Thanks, d4N13L

Yes thanks for the heads up d4N13L.

(Last night dollars&scents was the reason for ordering Uomo? Moschino)

"no more blind buys"- who are we kidding?
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I feel your pain heperd. I just bought Navegar and Zino, recently bought LIDGE & J25, and before that Iris Pallida by L'Artisan, and now MPG is coming out with an oud next month.

Thank heavens for ramen noodles.

Just saw that MPG thread, looks awesome!
    Got Zino last week-amazing, beautiful. Just dont breath in right after you spray it on.

Kind of sick of ramen but i just bought 3 boxes of store brand cereal and there was a coupon for buy one get one free for the "natural" dog food Rufus likes, so he's set for a while.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I think it is about time to cull the herd. The question is, who is going to get dragged out back and shot? JV Artisan has a bit of a limp. Even Reflection Man seems to be a bit gimpy in his old age. Maybe the new kid on the block LIDGE might get the axe - there's only so much a man can put up with and watching another man squirt Hershey's syrup all over his chest until the bottle is empty, and then grabs another and repeats.. well, that's not the kind of behavior that makes many friends around my wardrobe-hood.

(I wish I had a good excuse like allergy meds for this odd, stream of consciousness post).

Just ordered 100ml of Timbuktu! This will be my first niche bottle Thanks again d4N13L
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Thank heavens for ramen noodles.
    LOL! QOTM!!!

In my case, it's the fact that my truck seems to keep running despite the running boards literally rusting off of it.

Who needs 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/se..._type=designer

With a 20% discount code TP52C its an amazing price.
    I bought 6:

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau Du Navigateur

L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR TIMBUKTU

L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage D'Enfer

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup

L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure Et Musc Extreme

All of them blind. Are they good and they last long?
    What more should i get?
    My favourite of those is L'Eau du Navigateur. Think MPG Eau des les. Fantastic and masculine. Grrrreat longevity.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I bought Timbuktu as well for hella cheap.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Yay! Some of my favourites were missing, but I got VdR and Timbuktu. Thanks for the heads up, d4N13L!

I just cant pay them using PayPal - the site keeps producing error message while trying to use Pal Pal.
    Did any of you succeed paying via PayPal to Fragrancenet ?

Quote Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
    I just cant pay them using PayPal - the site keeps producing error message while trying to use Pal Pal.
    Did any of you succeed paying via PayPal to Fragrancenet ?
    I've paid with credit card... It gives me much more peace of mind anyway, should something go wrong. Can't trust Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    I've paid with credit card... It gives me much more peace of mind anyway, should something go wrong. Can't trust Paypal.
    Isnt that supposed to be the other way around ?

PayPal is well known and trusted company , while using credit-card on the net you expose your card details to un controlled eyes ...

Quote Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
    Isnt that supposed to be the other way around ?

PayPal is well known and trusted company , while using credit-card on the net you expose your card details to un controlled eyes ...
    That is so in theory, until you have any sort of issue with Paypal, then they show their monopolistic true face. Visa or Amex have buyer protection.

Hello Daniel. Voleur de Roses would be nice addition. You are fond of a rose, aren't you? VdR is a rose garden after a thunderstorm. A rich wet rose with a camphoraceous patchouli IMHO. Often cited in the "most beautiful......." type threads.

The must've just recently acquired L'Artisan becuz I was just on the site earlier this week and they didn't have it....

Ok guys is Timbuktu worth a blind buy!?!??!?!

That is so in theory, until you have any sort of issue with Paypal, then they show their monopolistic true face. Visa or Amex have buyer protection.
    +1
    I had the same issue with them and i don't use paypal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    The must've just recently acquired L'Artisan becuz I was just on the site earlier this week and they didn't have it....

Ok guys is Timbuktu worth a blind buy!?!??!?!
    At that price I would say yes.