Code of Conduct
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Results 1,081 to 1,102 of 1102

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Fragrancenet.com

Ordered from them via ebay. The shipping was slower than most, taking something like 10-12 days. Prices were reasonable, but not great. However, when using ebay as a means to access fragrancenet, they have always come through for me.

Default Re: Fragrancenet

Genuine, yes, fresh, it will probably depend. I've ordered at least three items in the last two months. My only complaints thus far is that shipping could be quicker and the sprayer on my Dior Homme Intense isn't the greatest, but I don't know how much of a fault that is of fragrancenet since it was advertised as an 'unboxed' item.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Have been purchasing from fragrancenet for years. Have never had a problem. Excellent, reputable online retailer.

They are legit. I worried the first time I ordered from them because they are extremely slow. But, hey, it's worth it! Everything I've bought them has been great and authentic. No need to worry.

Fragrancenet is tops. But do yourself a favor and upgrade from the free shipping. It's like $3 extra and you get your juice WAY faster.
    The free shipping is that smart post crap, and takes an eternity.

They basically strap your fragrance to a donkey, send it to the nearest FedEx or ups depot. From there it gets taken by a sloth to the post office in your state. Then gets delivered by your mailman whenever he gets a chance.

I also read about the horrible customer service at Fragrancenet both here on BN and even worse stuff on another website. I was contemplating a bottle of Green Irish Tweed and ended up buying it from Beauty Encounter (beautyencounter.com). The package arrived today and everything was perfect - box, bottle, juice, etc. The merchandise was bubblewrapped and shipped in a sturdy cardboard box. The best part was that I paid way less than I would have paid if I had gone with Fragrancenet. I suggest at least checking out Beauty Encounter then going with one of the two. THey both sell legit fragrances.

Dcampbell

Pretty sure I'm their number 1 customer. Okay not really just feels like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I also read about the horrible customer service at Fragrancenet both here on BN and even worse stuff on another website. I was contemplating a bottle of Green Irish Tweed and ended up buying it from Beauty Encounter (beautyencounter.com). The package arrived today and everything was perfect - box, bottle, juice, etc. The merchandise was bubblewrapped and shipped in a sturdy cardboard box. The best part was that I paid way less than I would have paid if I had gone with Fragrancenet. I suggest at least checking out Beauty Encounter then going with one of the two. THey both sell legit fragrances.
    How did you pay "way less" ... what coupon code did you use?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Junkie

I use them and have never had any problems. Still, sometimes it pays to shop around a little. If you're buying less expensive items you are sometimes better off using fragrancex and the free shipping code. FragranceNet is probably my most used online retailer lately though. As far as fresh juice? Never had any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    How did you pay "way less" ... what coupon code did you use?
    I used "BENEW" which is a $15 off coupon for new customers. I could have probably found a 15% or 20% off coupon that would have made it a bit cheaper, but I wanted to use this one for my first purchase from them.

The reason I only paid $113 total was because they had already marked GIT down to $128 then with the coupon it was $113. If I would have used a 20% off I probably would have paid just over $100 for it. It was the best price I was able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    I used "BENEW" which is a $15 off coupon for new customers. I could have probably found a 15% or 20% off coupon that would have made it a bit cheaper, but I wanted to use this one for my first purchase from them.

The reason I only paid $113 total was because they had already marked GIT down to $128 then with the coupon it was $113. If I would have used a 20% off I probably would have paid just over $100 for it. It was the best price I was able to find.
    How did you get free ship? I can't get it to go any lower than $119....
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Use code VAL486 (15% off - code expires in 7 days), put in your zip code and shipping will be reset to 0, my total came out to: $109.22.

Nice
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Good prices and decent products . . . no problems.

Post Re: Fragrancenet

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    They basically strap your fragrance to a donkey.
    This. I think some of my orders were strapped to donkeys swimming by sea...

Seems like fragrancenet is genreally fine (or even great) for US and Canadian customers.

For international customers, however, they are good at times, meh at other times, and terrible for the rest of the time - basically, not the most reliable seller around. International shipping rates are not cheap so take that into account.

My first few orders were ok - took longer than what indicated on their site, but not too bad. At least they shipped the items within a couple of days from ordering.

However, for my last couple of orders (although I was charged almost immediately after ordering), fragrancenet took 8 days to ship one order, then 10 days to ship the other - yes, this the time it took them to ship!!!
    It is interesting to note that they were very quick to charge for those orders, yet very slow to actually get the donkeys ship them ;-)...

Obviously, adding the international shipping times (SLOW), it took forever to receive the perfumes. They do charge quite a bit for international shipping (unlike for US orders) so that was highly disappointing.

As for the juices - well, MOST of them were good and smelt fresh, but two were a little strange - the smell was definitely not as long lasting as my previous bottles (exactly the same fragrance, so it was easy to compare).

Thing is, frangrancenet does stock some fragrances which are hard to find on other sites, so this site is often the only choice for those of us who happen to choose some less commercial fragrances...
    Last edited by salili; 7th February 2013 at 10:36 AM.

they not ship to russia?

So here's an idea of what you'll get with FragranceNet. I ordered a bottle of Versace Dreamer from CVS during their sale, after some problems with their 'distributor' (in this case, FragranceNet), about 20 days later I've received my bottle. Checking the code, it was manufactured in 2010. So not very 'fresh' in this case. The bottle of Dior Fahrenheit (which I also ordered from CVS), however, was from 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    So here's an idea of what you'll get with FragranceNet. I ordered a bottle of Versace Dreamer from CVS during their sale, after some problems with their 'distributor' (in this case, FragranceNet), about 20 days later I've received my bottle. Checking the code, it was manufactured in 2010. So not very 'fresh' in this case. The bottle of Dior Fahrenheit (which I also ordered from CVS), however, was from 2012.
    I believe The Dreamer is no longer in production, so obviously it is going to be older stock.

Quote Originally Posted by andregooren View Post
    I believe The Dreamer is no longer in production, so obviously it is going to be older stock.
    That might be why then. But as you saw, in no way did I want to imply that all of what FragranceNet sends out is 'older stock'.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    That might be why then. But as you saw, in no way did I want to imply that all of what FragranceNet sends out is 'older stock'.
    Sorry if I came across the wrong way; I would have removed obviously from my comment if I'd read it before I sent it. In general, I am suspicious of these companies and their claims regarding "fresh" stock, especially considering the decidedly grey area of the market that companies like fragrancenet occupy. When I do choose to order from companies like this, I generally expect that I am getting older stock, as per my understanding of their business model (i.e. they buy stock that can't be sold by retailers/extra stock/get a hold of stock from companies that have gone under). Also, regarding the Dior purchase. It seems to me that fragrancenet in particular and discounters in general have, in addition to slammin' deals, some not-so-great deals (i.e. Dior fragrances) from the more "prestigious houses." My best guess on these is that they buy these at the same cost as major retailers and sell them for right about the same price (the discount on the Dior fragrances is usually just a few dollars, although there are always coupons ) . In any case, I assume that these come direct from the manufacturer, which would account for their more recent production date. I have even seen some discounters *cough"beautyencounter*cough* offer Chanel fragrances for MUCH more than their actual retail value (which is probably part of the deal they made to be allowed to sell Chanel fragrances on their site). People still pay for it though--it's the Wal*Mart principle: reel them in with a good deal and mark up other items. You get customers into the store by making them think everything is discounted so when they pay $180 for a 75 ml bottle of 31 Rue Cambon, they think they just got it at a steal.

Sorry if I came across the wrong way; I would have removed obviously from my comment if I'd read it before I sent it.
    No worries, I should have done my homework in regards to Dreamer. But I'm sure your suspicions are warranted. What I'm continually amazed by is just how many 'resellers' there are out there similar to FragranceNet. In which case, it's nice to find one or two that are reputable and consistently provide good (enough) service and product for the price(s) offered.

Quote Originally Posted by andregooren View Post
    Yep I had the exact same "issue" with Body Kouros. Still smelled perfectly fine tho.
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver