Code of Conduct

Default New ELD'Os: Bijou Romantique & Fils De Dieu

Two new fragrances have just been launched by État Libre d'Orange according to their Facebook page: Bijou Romantique (is this the one previously known as Filipino Housewife?) and Fils de Dieu. This last one they underline with "du riz et des agrumes" (with rice and citrus, I believe it means).
    Anybody has more information on these?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Default Re: New ELD'Os: Bijou Romantique & Fils De Dieu

Interesting. As per Today no informations on their website yet...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I found Bijou Romantique on First In Fragrance: http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/etat-l...omantique.html

The description is the usual ELDO marketing drivel, only this time it doesn't sound pretentious it just sounds dull.

Bijou Romantique has notes of bergamot, ylang-ylang, coconut, clary sage, patchouly, benzoin

If it is a reworking of the earlier announced Philippine Houseboy is has changed a lot. Notes for Houseboy; lime, cilantro, steamed rice, suede accord.

Fils de Dieu is the renamed Philippine Houseboy. In the original ad copy, "Fils De Dieu" was the phrase mentioned directly after the initial title. The English translation is "Son of God" and the fragrance does maintain the original notes of rice and citrus.

Quote Originally Posted by calebwalt View Post
    Fils de Dieu is the renamed Philippine Houseboy. In the original ad copy, "Fils De Dieu" was the phrase mentioned directly after the initial title. The English translation is "Son of God" and the fragrance does maintain the original notes of rice and citrus.
    Makes sense, as well as the steamed rice and lime ingredients. So this will probably smell like a Thai curry. My favourite food, but not necessarily something I want to smell like. But let's give it a chance, of course!

Sur la Plage

From nstperfume.com:

French niche line Etat Libre d’Orange has launched two new fragrances, Fils de Dieu and Bijou Romantique.

Fils de Dieu du riz et des agrumes (formerly announced as Philippine Houseboy) ~ “He brings the sun. Here, find an innocent wisdom that points to dreams and liberation. This is the golden eye that reflects beauty and conflict, rapture and pain. Philippine Houseboy is an emotional fragrance, a scent that requires a sympathetic connection between the server and the served, the giver and the taker, and the willingness to exchange roles.” Developed by perfumer Ralf Schwieger, with notes of ginger, coriander leaves, lime, shiso, coconut, rice, cardamom, jasmine, cinnamon, may rose, tonka bean, vetiver, musk, amber, leather and castoreum.

Bijou Romantique ~ “This is the portrait of a lady. She can be seen in the feminine cameo, in the soft, delicate profile, in the dreamy image of an incandescent beauty. What once was shell has been carved in relief by a devoted artisan, to emerge as an idealized woman. Jewels, too…” Developed by perfumer Mathilde Bijaoui, with notes of bergamot, lemon, pink pepper, ylang-ylang, sage, iris, coconut, vetiver, benzoin and vanilla.

Etat Libre d’Orange Fils de Dieu and Bijou Romantique are available now at the Etat Libre d’Orange webshop, in 50 ml Eau de Parfum.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Interesting, will keep an eye out to test

Damn I so wish they kept the old name, I'd have had to buy it! Still, Fils De Dieu is the only one that sounds interesting, the other... I'm waiting for the big twist.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Damn I so wish they kept the old name, I'd have had to buy it! Still, Fils De Dieu is the only one that sounds interesting, the other... I'm waiting for the big twist.
    Yeah, I love that name too, it's very punk :-)
    I feel Bijou Romantique seems a bit of a mess with that myriad of notes... Although I am always eager for coconut...

Any updates on this? It's available on their online shop. I really wanna hear more about these

Wow, two more fragrances I get to ignore from a talentless house.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    Wow, two more fragrances I get to ignore from a talentless house.
    You obviously haven't explored the house enough!

UPDATE

My review of Fils De Dieu (Philippine Houseboy)

Managed to get an earlybird sample of this. My reviews a bit long so anyone interested, there it is ^

Forfreddie:

thanks for the great review. The first few lines had me salivating in the hope of a reincarnated and much lamtented Feu d'Issey. Then Sec Mag raised its head; perhaps for alfarom then... But it needs to be smelled.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Forfreddie:

thanks for the great review. The first few lines had me salivating in the hope of a reincarnated and much lamtented Feu d'Issey. Then Sec Mag raised its head; perhaps for alfarom then... But it needs to be smelled.

cacio
    Thanks for the read! Yeh the opening is pretty good! It's savoury but not recognizably foody, if someone sniffed it they wouldn't go "Ooh curry!". But, it's been on my hand for about an hour and a half now, and it's faintly musky, some slight creaminess, and a metallic twang. A little bit disappointing, but I'm sure if sprayed liberally and not with a pathetic spit of a spray from my sample atomizer, all the yuminess would last a lot longer
    It's very easy to wear and enjoy.

wow, two more fragrances i get to ignore from a talentless house.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    lol!
    Ow whats with ELdO hate!
    Sure they've came up with some dissappointments, Bendelerious and the too subtle Encens et Bubblegum but I can't see how you can hate this brand :')
    Playfulness is much needed in this all too serious industry.

I am a sucker for a savory frag. Will have to hoof it to Henri Bendel this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    I am a sucker for a savory frag. Will have to hoof it to Henri Bendel this weekend.
    Aye I'm getting there too. Your recent mentioning of the JAR fragrances with notes of blue cheese and the like has had me fascinated!

I think FDD would be ten times better with a real grotty shitake mushroom note in it, just to make a bit less safe.

I enjoy some ELdO scents and their funny way of naming scents.

I will look out for these.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'm all for playfulness. I just haven't yet found a single ELdO I like. I won't lie and say "I've tried them all;" so far, I've gotten samples of Like This, Tom of Finland, Secretions, and I think either Fat Electrician and Divine Enfant (that was a while ago). I didn't like any of them, even the slightest bit. And, I'm sorry, but I don't like their crass marketing, which would be much more palatable to me if the scents were great, too.

Hey, we're all friends here, with different tastes; if you like ELdO, more power to you. I hope you enjoy the new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Ow whats with ELdO hate!
    Sure they've came up with some dissappointments, Bendelerious and the too subtle Encens et Bubblegum but I can't see how you can hate this brand :')
    Playfulness is much needed in this all too serious industry.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

I'm all for playfulness. I just haven't yet found a single ELdO I like. I won't lie and say "I've tried them all;" so far, I've gotten samples of Like This, Tom of Finland, Secretions, and I think either Fat Electrician and Divine Enfant (that was a while ago). I didn't like any of them, even the slightest bit. And, I'm sorry, but I don't like their crass marketing, which would be much more palatable to me if the scents were great, too.

Hey, we're all friends here, with different tastes; if you like ELdO, more power to you. I hope you enjoy the new ones!
    HATER!

(j/k

Well, that's fair do-s I guess.
    Like This is a pleasant pumpkin/immortelle, it's not my style either, but I can just about appreciate it.
    Tom of Finland is a safe saffron leather, not as daring as it should have been
    I haven't tried Fat Electrition, I will in time, but I'm not big on vetiver at all
    And Divin Enfant whilst having a wicked marshmellow note, kind of falls apart.
    Yeh that sounds like a pretty wank line up for a house so far, but I think it's the whole thing for me... I like the marketing, I love the bottles, their crude childish naming, and some of the scents are fantastic. They're not a particularly consistent line or even that strong, but I can appreciate what they're doing. I'm not really sure why because most other brands like this I wouldn't have the patience for...

Fils de Dieu is quite disappointing. I was expecting something subversive given that it's original name was borderline offensive. It's a nice creamy citrus. Quite tame, actually.

Basenotes Plus

I sampled Bijou Romantique today. Of the notes listed (bergamot, lemon, pink pepper, ylang-ylang, sage, iris, coconut, vetiver, benzoin and vanilla) I did not sense the coconut during my wearing. It's heady, dense, rich without being very powdery. Overall quite pleasant to my nose but -I feel like I've smelled it before, even though I haven't smelled everything in the world like some of you have. I'll probably use up the whole sample.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home