Code of Conduct

Default Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier bottle.

I have a blue canister of this casual, "go-to" scent, but have seen another
    bottle which is in twisted blue glass with a green top like a crown.Is one a
    reformulation of the other or are they the same scent? Any input would be useful.

Strangely enough, this is the one scent I am craving, as I lie in bed with a nasty virus, but
    I haven't got the energy to hunt it out!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I have a blue canister of this casual, "go-to" scent, but have seen another
    bottle which is in twisted blue glass with a green top like a crown.Is one a
    reformulation of the other or are they the same scent? Any input would be useful.

Strangely enough, this is the one scent I am craving, as I lie in bed with a nasty virus, but
    I haven't got the energy to hunt it out!
    Oh no feel better! I love NR and I am busily collecting bottles of the vintage Parfums. In fact my 120ml parfum tester of Fille D'Eve arrived this morning! So lovely! It is almost a sister of Bal a Versailles! Anyway, I digress, I do not know Amour Amandier, so I cannot answer the reformulation question per se BUT NR is now owned by a Spanish company Puig, and judging by was has happened to L'Air du Temps, I would say that it would be worth your time to hunt down another blue canister. Hope you get better soon!
    Last edited by Fleurine; 5th February 2012 at 03:54 AM.

Basenotes Plus

hiya kewart- feel better soon!
    The whole Les Belles de Ricci line come in different colored bottles with the crown tops in EDT. Blue bottle with green top is the color of the scent you like. BUT I can't tell you if they were always that way or if your bottle is or a different strength.

where is brielle when you need her??
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hi kewart!

L'Amour d'Amandier is my favourite fragrance and the only one I use, and I can tell you (allthough I see you wrote this pretty long ago) that the twisted blue glass bottle with green crown on top is the original bottle. The canister (I assume with refill bottle inside) came later is now pretty much the only available thing.

Also I really struggle to find this fragrance in netshops, and would love any tips there (I live in Norway and need to order it from a shop that delivers there).

Kewart, I have been successful finding the old twisted bottles with the crown on e-bay and other discounters.
    Evenstar

The clear bottles (in a canister like you have) are edt, and the frosted glass bottles with the crown on top are edp. Both are the same formulation, but the edp is in a stronger concentration. There is also a clear bottle with the crown top--this is also an edt, same as the canister bottle. The only difference I notice is the edp is a littler more creamy/powdery, but they are otherwise pretty much the same. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me as I owned all 3.
    Last edited by Hayven; 10th June 2012 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks folks. That's cleared that question up for me once
    and for all. i still seek this one out as a comfort scent; it is
    quite understated.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.