Code of Conduct

Default Tried my first niche fragrances at Noor in Toronto :)

Hi everyone!

I finally visited a store that offers niche fragrances, and wow! Centered in the heart of Yorkville (in Toronto), Noor was like a breath of fresh air. After so many bad experiences in department stores, I finally understood what all Basenoters are talking about! Fred (the kind gentleman who helped me) was patient, humoured me, and offered suggestions based on the scents that I was leaning toward. It was weird, he felt like a friend, and I wasn't uncomfortable at all.

I discovered that Diptyque is probably my favourite line, as I prefer light, airy scents. I also enjoyed L'Artisan (but at that point was experiencing scent-overload, so didn't get to try many) and finally understood what people meant in their reviews of certain key fragrances. I also learned that I like tuberose, after previously associating the smell with overpowering powdery perfume, and confirmed my love of neroli.

I ended up purchasing Diptyque's Philosykos, and am extremely pleased! It smells so natural and light, exactly what I was looking for. I have another trip planned soon, and look forward to making more discoveries .

Thanks again to Fred!

Cool Re: Tried my first niche fragrances at Noor in Toronto :)

Congrat on your first niche Very soon, there will be a second, third.... LOL.
    You should re-try the L'artisan line next time. I enjoy them a lot.

Default Re: Tried my first niche fragrances at Noor in Toronto :)

That's great.

Did you like 34 Boulevard Saint Germain?

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by nimeril~ View Post
    I ended up purchasing Diptyque's Philosykos, and am extremely pleased! It smells so natural and light, exactly what I was looking for.
    You got a good one. Congrats!

Thank you! I will likely revisit all of the lines in Noor, as I was so overwhelmed and didn't really get a chance to smell everything. Hedonist222, I did enjoy it immensely, thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, as I am saving up for teachers college, I could only buy one , so I settled on Philosykos as it made the most impression on me. I've already received quite a few compliments, actually! One person said that I smelled "like the beach" !

Congrats on your purchase. Philosykos is indeed quite striking, the best, natural fig and fig leaf out there. Diptyque's style of fresh, natural smelling fragrances is superb. My favorite is perhaps Eau Lente; and I also use Ombre dans l'eau shower gel, so fresh and invigorating.

No way you can smell all the stuff in one go. Remember also to mark the name of the perfume on the paperstrips (in pencil), and bring them home, so that you can smell them at leisure.

cacio

My personal view is premier figue by lartisan is the better fig and also happens to be the first fig scent ever
    Next time try it in extreme edp

Banned

enjoy your wonderful purchase ...

Cacio: Thank you for the tip! I did end up with about 20 pieces of paper and mixed them all up .
    Fragboi: I will try it out! Recommendations are always welcome!
    Dollars&scents: I am enjoying it immensely . Maybe too much so, I need to tone it down on the sprays.

Looks like Noor is having a moving sale since the Four Seasons Hotel is being re-developed. No word yet on the new location but things are 15-50% off March 3rd through 27th so think I'll be making a trip out there soon!

Congrats enjoy

Hey, I just bought Philosykos today, I'm always happy when I come across another praise for it. Also, the L'artisan line has quickly jumped into one of my favorites.

cool, welcome!!! PM on the way.

+1, I can confirm that Noor's going to be moving around the end of March or so and are doing some nice sales (mostly 15% off) as a sort of 'thanks' to all their loyal customers. I think they also do Canadian shipping through phone orders FYI.
    (they carry Diptyque, L'Artisan, Carthusia, Parfums Del Rae, Blood Concepts, Penhaligons, Heeley, Frapin, Comme Des Garcons (many lines), Juliet has a Gun, Nasomatto, and Santa Maria Novella... plus Cier Trudon, and more!)
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Looks to be 15% off everything, and then testers are 50%. Prices may be different depending on volume left in the tester. But you can put your name down for them if they haven't been claimed yet, and after they close (or after they sell every regular bottle and thus no longer need the tester up), you can pick it up.

Fred had mentioned the likelihood of a meetup kind of thing happening in a couple weeks, after he digs out a bunch of old testers and candles and whatnot that are sitting around in the back, and there will be some unique items, special prices, and general merriment. I'll hopefully be able to stop by, with a few harder to find samples on-hand. Montale Aoud Forest, Red Vetiver, Yohji Homme, etc.

Congrats! I hope you are prepared for the slippery slope you are on now lol

Hi everyone,

I just called Noor Boutique. A lady told me that it will re-open by end of Fall but not at the New Four Seasons since they don't have a retail space anymore... So, they are going to move somewhere else, but certainly in the same area of Yorkville.
    Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent (Charles Baudelaire)

The odours do not have a sex. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures! (Jacques Cavallier)

Dependent

congrats!!!!
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Philosykos is great...but I found a fig that I love better and that is Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis, thus, I will be parting with Philosykos soon, but I do love the fragrance, I just find that I don't wear it all that much because I reach for the Jo Malone. That being said I would recommend Jo Malone to you since you like light natural frags, they have a lot of good ones...mostly leaning on the feminine side and that is great for you. I didn't say what I said about Philosykos to downplay your choice, it is a fantastic frag and I know you will love and enjoy it.