Code of Conduct

Default Niche alternative to 1 million

I have purchased 1 million and it does me great. I wore it several times to parties, bars, clubs and girls absolutely love this thing. I think its honestly my truest girl magnet frag but I feel its becoming very "young" and bland. I am a college senior and I want something that does the same but done better. Any ideas? i want something that has the similar cotton candy/bubble gum vibe.... it seems like nothing else i can find on the market designer or niche. Every girl i come across loves it and luckily nobody they know wears it, my general circle sticks to le male and polo black. I love the attention and especially hearing " you smell amazing, I've never smelled anything like it" So please help a fella out here lol

Default Re: Niche alternative to 1 million

I think the niche movement emerged solely due to perfumes like 1 million.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, taste is subjective, but niche and 1 million-type perfumes is an oxymoron.

for swap/sale:

what else would ya say is 1 million type colognes? I own quite a bit of colognes ranging from designer to niche but like I said nothing has done for me what 1 mil has. I think i may very well retire the bottle to my younger brother but I want something in the same ball park. Le male used to do it for me before but its become way to popular on the college night out circuit.

You might like New York by Parfums de Nicolai. It shares with 1 Million citrus, spices, and amber, and a little of the sweetness that you mentioned. It doesn't really smell like 1 Million but it's a popular niche scent that a lot of people enjoy. I actually like both.

I find New York very easy to wear in a lot of situations, casual or more formal, and I have worn it to work.

Tea for Two

The niche movement emerged because they realized they could scam money from people that will pay 2-10x the amount of money for the same chemicals mixed with alcohol.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Why would you want to spend more on the same thing? If you like One Million, wear it. When you get tired of it, you may as well move on to something entirely different.

Cuba Royal By Cuba - You can find a 3.4oz for $12.00 (Own a bottle) (Same scent without bubble gum / Strong alchol smell when you 1st spray it goes away after a couple minutes)

Antonio Banderas - The Golden Secert - You can find it all your local walgreens for atleast $15-19.99 for 1oz (Same smell without the bubble gum note) (Own a bottle)

Giorgio Valenti - Pure Million - Ebay for $35.00 (3.3oz) (Same smell)

Since 1 million is one of the worst on the market - if not THE worst - there are no niche frags which are as horrible as 1 million. (Although I heard Bubblegum chic by Heeley has the same vibe).
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    If you like One Million, wear it. When you get tired of it, you may as well move on to something entirely different.
    Agree.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but give a try to Givenchy Play Intense.

Not niche and not exactly the same, but you get a similar sweet vibe with projection. To me Play Intense is less spicy and equally sweet, but more honeyed and less saccharine.

I must disagree about 1 mil being the worst frag, its sweet and it gets compliments. I enjoy but i am tired of it thats why I'm asking for the better version of it like (rochas- new haarlem, cw- git).

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Why would you want to spend more on the same thing? If you like One Million, wear it. When you get tired of it, you may as well move on to something entirely different.
    this, just get 1 million if you like it then try something new

Banned

Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin - Upon application, one is treated to a stimulating wave of hesperidic notes, with the inherent bittersweetness of nectarine, seville orange and neroli. This delightful, citric accord is sprinkled with a fruity and lively, pink pepper, and segues to the waiting heart. Here, in the transformational middle, the vivacious opening is lovingly tempered with a soft, cinnamon-like nutmeg as well as a slightly indolic, sweet jasmine, and commingles with an icy iris, acquiring a powderiness. This spicy, floral blend floats on a hay-like, herbaceous cloud of mate, and transitions to the awaiting base. A robust melange of rich vanilla, powdery, vanillic tonka bean and earthy, anise-like patchouli partner with creamy and balsamic sandalwood to journey to the candied drydown. Albeit saccharine, this debonair composition is well-balanced, and will blossom on cool, spring and fall evenings as well as in the winter. This somewhat formal scent has good projection and very good longevity - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. The quality to price ratio for this powdery fragrance is heavily skewed in its favor, given its inexpensive price, and justifies an unenthusiastic "Thumbs Up."

212 VIP

not niche but give it a smell.. Smells like a mature version of 1 million

Basenotes Member

if you like 1 million, then you should prolly stay with it (esp if ur in america, cause i think its still pretty unique here)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Lapidus Pour Homme smells remarkably like 1 Million to me.

Only better.

Sucre d'Ebene by Huitieme Art

thank you all for the input and advice

This isn't exactly niche but it is basically only sold at Barney's for 70. Try mandarina duck pure black. I've read and heard it is similar to 1 million. I'm going to test it at Barney's in a couple weeks. The bottle is sweet.
    Last edited by RCAL; 8th February 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Try 212 VIP Men or Kenzoair

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Since 1 million is one of the worst on the market - if not THE worst - there are no niche frags which are as horrible as 1 million. (Although I heard Bubblegum chic by Heeley has the same vibe).
    +1
    soooo true
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

Not niche but John Varvatos - Varvatos smells really close to 1 million to me.