Code of Conduct

Default any fans of creed himalaya?

i forgot to test it when i was at the store but i will in the coming weeks. would like to know what you guys think of it.

Default Re: any fans of creed himalaya?

great but smells 98% same as Paco XS which is also great.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I like it for its cold fresh white musk vibe and find it a anytime/anywhere fragrance.

I need to try this again. On paper it would be a perfect scent for me, but it seemed like I was anosmic to it when I tried it because I could hardly smell anything at all but I very, very faint musk smell.

If it smells like XS then I probably wouldn't care for it. I thought XS, whilst not smelling bad, is the most boring scent I've ever smelled, apart from Aqua Quorum, which smells similar.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    great but smells 98% same as Paco XS which is also great.
    I agree.

i love it

Have it and also like although Creed has many better offerings IMO.

I agree that it is a clone of Paco XS. I like Himalaya. It projects strongly and lasts 8+ hours. It has a very clean, cold, soapy smell. It smells like something a gentleman would wear and is a little more mature. For around $50, I'd go with Paco's XS unless you really want to spend $100+ more for the cool silver Himalaya bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I dont get much connection with XS, hymalaya is more green and less woody, at least to me.

I liked, and if i can find a tester for a good price, i will go for it.

I liked it enough to buy a buttle but hardly wear it. 2.5oz near full for swap.

I like it but still prefer SMW. And it smells nothing like XS.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Banned
    Blog Entries

I thought it was very nice, with an excellent grapefruit and pink pepper top that just sparkles. However, beyond the top notes, it became rather dry and dull to my nose. Still nice, but nothing exciting. Interesting gunpowder accord in there, and the typical sweet 'n smooth ambergris drydown. I tend to think of Himalaya as Green Irish Tweed with the "green" swapped out for gunpowder grey. In other words, it's nice, but GIT is better, and Creed has more interesting things in its lineup. Himalaya must sell well, because I can't think of any other reason why it hasn't been discontinued by now.

When I tried it once, it took the overwhelming (to me) metallic characteristic of the far too many ozonic creed fragrances and played off of it to make something even more metallic and "fresh." I hated the opening so much that I didn't bother trying it on my skin. It reminded me of "our impression of cool water" or a mixture of flea-market counterfeit fragrances. Overwhelming. I'll give it another try someday, but it's probably not going to be good because I don't like calone in general and the only thing that saves GIT for me is the lifelike grey flannel style fresh green opening, which himalaya lacks.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    When I tried it once, it took the overwhelming (to me) metallic characteristic of the far too many ozonic creed fragrances and played off of it to make something even more metallic and "fresh." I hated the opening so much that I didn't bother trying it on my skin. It reminded me of "our impression of cool water" or a mixture of flea-market counterfeit fragrances. Overwhelming. I'll give it another try someday, but it's probably not going to be good because I don't like calone in general and the only thing that saves GIT for me is the lifelike grey flannel style fresh green opening, which himalaya lacks.
    Honestly, Himalaya should be tried on skin, otherwise the top will distort the true impression of it. Himalaya has a very tart and strong top that only dissipates appropriately on skin, and there really isn't anything remotely similar between this scent and Cool Water.

I personally think it is one of the best 'modern' creeds. Lovely soapy musk base and the grapefruit / pinkpepper create a subtle bubblegum type note which works well with my skin. I also have the Himalaya soap which leaves the whole bathroom smelling great after I have used it.

Love it smells clean and fresh. Great work scent . Receives many complements from women of all ages. Also it smells nothing like paco xs..

I'm a fan of it. It's not a smell to go ga-ga over, but it makes me feel good in a way that few other scents I own do.

It's not bad, but not that great either. Just my 2 cents, but on my skin, it's a little more warm & peppery/spicey than clean/fresh, cold & soapy like most people mention. So, that throws me off a bit with it. As far as Creed's go, I'd much rather go for GIT, Aventus, Silver Mountain Water & Original Vetiver. Again, it's not a bad frag at all - smells ok, safe & inoffensive, but, for the price, I think there are better things for my money.

Not smelling like xs to me either. This is a Creed you buy when you just want to add another Creed to your Creed collection . It really is a great and refreshing scent and I do enjoy it. It's just not as interesting/unique as stated by others.

Its a decent enough scent on its own merit and has great longevity for me but for my money, silver mountain water is the better of the two but its longevity is poor.

I have sampled both SMW and Himalaya and prefer Himalaya...it's definitely on my list of bottles that I have to add to my collection.

I've had it for years, but don't wear it very often. I wore it a week or so ago to work, and received some very enthusiastic compliments. Funny, after a while I could barely smell it on myself. It is indeed good stuff. A lovely and complex fresh scent, with no false or nasty notes. I am now anxious to give it another full-day wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    When I tried it once, it took the overwhelming (to me) metallic characteristic of the far too many ozonic creed fragrances and played off of it to make something even more metallic and "fresh." I hated the opening so much that I didn't bother trying it on my skin.
    I get absolutely no calone from this, and I find I'm normally pretty calone sensitive. I don't even find it particularly metallic, although the silver bottle may be very suggestive...
    In some batches I get something that is artificial and recently reads as hair spray to me, and that may come across as metallic, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    Its a decent enough scent on its own merit and has great longevity for me but for my money, silver mountain water is the better of the two but its longevity is poor.
    Really? I find SMW lasts for weeks if is sprayed on clothing.

I own it and like it quite a bit. Perfect if you want something clean smelling but also with a little character. I find the initial 30 minutes to be quite harsh, but after that is starts coming together, and after about 3 hours starts really smelling good. Love the dry down, and I get a good 8 hours out of it. I prefer wearing it in dry cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Really? I find SMW lasts for weeks if is sprayed on clothing.
    Not sure about clothing, its been a while since I last wore it, but on skin I get a couple of hours max

Decent frag!

Sound Scents

I like it and own it.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Himalaya is a very good fragrance, but has fallen into obscurity since it has been overshadowed by masterpeices like Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Aventus and its older more-respect cousin Silver Mountain Water.

If you are a fan of the Chanel house for men, this fragrance has that gentleman-like sophistication. A mix of traditional and modern, citrus and icy aquatic with pepper and musk. Great for a Spring day in my opinion, but I would wear it in the summer and fall too. The sandalwood note especially is excellent and probably my favorite sandalwood note I've ever smelled.

The longevity is its biggest flaw. It only projects for 3 hours. It can last up to 8, but very faintly.

In the end, paying $140 for a 4.0oz isn't that bad of a deal at all, but I can't say that this fragrance completely trumps all designers either.

Go for it. Assuming that.

1. You are okay spending a lot of money on a sizeable fragrance collection
    2. You've already bought the better offerings from Creed

I love it, unfortunately the longevity is below average. So I can't recommend anyone buy it.

Interesting...I just wore it yesterday after not wearing it for a year it more. It lasted the entire day!

I find it inoffensive but dull, would rather spend the dollars on something with a bit of life to it.*

* My subjective opinion only. No offence intended towards anyone who enjoys this frag.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonsicilia View Post
    Love it smells clean and fresh. Great work scent . Receives many complements from women of all ages. Also it smells nothing like paco xs..
    That's exactly how I feel. Plus it lasts all day unlike some other Creeds.

CologneFan85

I don't see it smelling like XS, I just bought a 30ml of this Creed last week.