Code of Conduct

Default House of Lubin Smitten

Just got a bunch of samples in and let me tell ya the house of Lubin blew me away. Its been a while since I have smelled something and been taken back that much. I order samples of Bluff, Itasca, Figaro, and the ever so popular Idole EDP. I love the spiciness in Itasca and of course Idole , and the notes in Figaro remind of Marc Jacobs fig based fragrance but with a little more punch and Bluff seems to be light and perfect for spring and possibly summer.

I haven't wore any of these yet, but was curious if anyone has had experience with any of these and their opinions as far as longevity and how they play out. All four are definitely worth sniffing out.

Default Re: House of Lubin Smitten

I have bottles of all of them and have only good things to say about them all.

Which one is your most loved? I really like Idole EDP but could see myself with all of them but wanted to know the true gem.

I have been a big fan of Lubin since the 1970's. I was chagrined to see them fade away late in the century and elated to see them resurrected by a seemingly intelligent and passionate management.

I've gone through a big bottle already of the Eau Neuve. It's classy, complex and perfect for those times when you're in the mood for a classic eau de cologne but want something with just a bit more weight. The original Eau Neuve had an effervescence that is lacking now, but I have nothing bad to say about the current formula.

L de Lubin was my absolute favorite - it too is part of the current lineup; not completely true to the original, but a lovely scent in its present incarnation. I've made a serious dent in my bottle and will get another.

Lubin is another old house with a real pedigree that has been revived.

Lots of nice scents, even with some moderate hype, as in the promotion of Black Jade being an 18th century perfume.

Hey, I have Black Jade and enjoy it! I also have Bluff and Idole EDP.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Lubin is another old house with a real pedigree that has been revived.

Lots of nice scents, even with some moderate hype, as in the promotion of Black Jade being an 18th century perfume.

Hey, I have Black Jade and enjoy it! I also have Bluff and Idole EDP.

What's your thoughts on Idole EDP? This one really grabbed me but sole vials can be misleading, and was wanting an opinion straight out the bottle itself. Luckyscent told me they had to reorder since they sold so many.

IMO, the EDP is a bit stronger yet the same notes come through.

True, vials can mislead. Perhaps a trip and a real spray from a tester will do the trick.

I usu. like scents in EDP form, so I am partial.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I LOVE Idole Eau de Toilette and had to buy a full bottle. I'd like to try itasca and bluff since a store near me sells them on the cheap(96.50 a bottle) and tax free!

Idole is inexplicably its regular retail price, though.

Are there any huge differences in the EDP and EDT other then longevity? I can't find a store anywhere near me that sells Lubin.

I love Idole EdT and bought a bottle a few months ago. I wished I had known then that an EdP would be issued, oh well.
    I love Inedite and Itasca, and Black Jade is very beautiful. I was also impressed by Eau Neuve and the Vetiver.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    Are there any huge differences in the EDP and EDT other then longevity? I can't find a store anywhere near me that sells Lubin.
    The EDT is a bit more transparent (not in a bad way mind you) and a bit sharper. As far as longevity is concerned, I honestly didn't have a problem with the EDT's longevity, but the EDP sticks around for a while as well. Having worn both, I found the EDP to be the better deal for me personally, but you're honestly not going to go wrong with either of them.