Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tabarome Millesime

I just got a sample from the Perfumed Court along with a bunch of others, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.

This one doesn't get talked about very much, and seems to live in the shadow of the vintage formula. I get the citrus/leather vibe of Eau Sauvage, and the ginger/vetiver vibe of Bleu de Chanel - matched with a very nice tobacco note that makes this fragrance much better than either of the two I just mentioned.

Anyone else dig this stuff?

Default Re: Tabarome Millesime

I like it. And yes, their mistake was to include "Tabarome" in the name. It lasts well and it's unique.

Calling it Tabarome was like being Babe Ruth Jr.

Great stuff.

This was actually the first Creed I smelled and liked it immediately.

TM seems to be a Creed that people either like a lot or don't like at all.....usually right off the bat. There's not much middle ground. I've always had the feeling that it's one of the least favored Creeds, although I've seen nothing to really prove that. You just don't hear it talked about that much. It's a bit ironic, considering that vintage Tabarome was always very highly rated and is still one of the most sought after Creed fragrances ever. The two are nothing alike, however. It's not uncommon for someone to love the vintage Tabarome but absolutely loathe TM.

I personally like TM for certain settings. It's certainly not a "fresh" scent. I think it's great when you're going to be around other men in a business-like setting. Either that, or having some scotch and cigars at the end of a fine meal. TM is definitely not a fragrance that you want to overspray yourself with. Also, women may not like it because it's not a "pretty" scent.

Basenotes Junkie

I sampled TM a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by it, and it's now on my "to-do" list. It just smells fantastic. For me it's due to the not too sweet tobacco note - which can be a real challenge in some other fragrances with tobacco (yeah Tobacco Vanille, I'm looking at you).

Hoping I'll be able to sample it once more to really get a feel for it. But yeah, I suspect you kind of need to like tobacco to really get into this one.

Count me in as a fan of this one too.

Count me out as a fan, I found it very run of the mill... I need more tobacco if that's what the name promises.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Great stuff. Very good sillage and longevity. One of my favorits from Creed. Elegant!

I found it fairly generic and boring, certainly not bottle-worthy.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JDBIII View Post
    I found it fairly generic and boring, certainly not bottle-worthy.
    + 1
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I though it was okay. I like the green tea/fruit accord thing that's going on with the tobacco (which is fairly smooth), and it has a fresh ethereal quality in its sillage as well, which I like. But there's a cold bitter quality to it that killed it in the end for me. Just something a little off about it to me.

It's bright and vibrant. I own it and like it, but I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it.

I quite like it upon application, a sort of gingery vibe, but unfortunately, on my skin, it dries down on to an almost BO'ish smell, musty and unclean. Not one of my favourites.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Banned

this fragrance is very interesting. the opening can be quite harsh with its stringent ginger accord. however, the drydown is absolutely beautiful. it develops into a very clean, soapy freshness that exudes comfort, familiarity, and class.

i love wearing this with a starched white dress shirt and slacks. a perfect office scent.

wouldn't seem like it, but in the drydown phase, this is a compliment magnet. chicks seem to dig it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    it dries down on to an almost BO'ish smell, musty and unclean..
    Interesting... I couldn't agree less.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Interesting... I couldn't agree less.
    This was my experience with a sample a couple of years ago.

Mind you, perhaps I should revisit it by way of a decant, as by way of an example I have NEVER tried an "official" sample of Millesime Imperial that wasn't a salty abomination, and nothing like what actually comes in a full bottle.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Actually, yes, even if it gets little love, there is something about this scent which impresses me

Its nice, it was my first Creed. I dont think i would buy it again though.

I find the dry down a bit like Jamaican ginger cake.

I bought a large bottle at a good price, and did like it a lot, but could never figure out a good occasion for its wear.

Then I came across 125ml bottles going for $67 each, so I bought two more. Now I wear it anywhere - supermarket, beach etc - I figure I have to use it up.
    Regards,
    Renato

Banned
    Blog Entries

I felt it was a bit dull and uninspired. Weirdly sporty on top, with a musty drydown. Not one of Creed's better offerings.

Sampled it just now. I thought it was ok, my wife really liked it though. My first impression was that it smelled similar to a fragrance that I already own, but I didn't know which one. It finally hit me, it smelled like Polo Blue.

Did anyone else get a Polo Blue vibe from Tabarome Millesime?

Upon sampling further, the drydown is a tad dull

Not too impressed either; but certainly a good scent. I sampled this and Bois Du Portugal last weekend and BdP seemed bottle-worthy to me.

I enjoy this one. I find it a trustworthy every day scent.

I did own it but returned it for MI because my wife absolutely hated it. She even gagged and coughed when I wore it, so back it went. I personally thought it was nice and classy, something to have when you wear a nice custom suit or tux. I loved the tobbaco note in it.

Will try and sample this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    I did own it but returned it for MI because my wife absolutely hated it. She even gagged and coughed when I wore it, so back it went. I personally thought it was nice and classy, something to have when you wear a nice custom suit or tux. I loved the tobbaco note in it.
    Is it possible in the USA to return an opened and used fragrance??

To me is one of the worse Creeds in the market, absolutely boring and dull.
    Try Cigar Aficionado instead and you get almost the same vibes, but this time alive and vibrant and lasts all day long.
    Cigar Aficionado 20 bucks, Tabarome Millesime 285 bucks.
    Anybody interested for an almost full 4.0 oz bottle of Tabarome? Cheap!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Is it possible in the USA to return an opened and used fragrance??
    Some places do accept returns, they just ship them back to the company.

I first tried this about three years ago and didn't like it at all. I've come back to it from time to time because I'd heard lots of positive reviews, but I still don't like it. As others have mentioned, the name is a bit misleading.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Just tried Tabarome Milliseme at Neimans yesterday and it's just average IMO.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Anybody interested for an almost full 4.0 oz bottle of Tabarome? Cheap!!!!!
    How much?

Basenotes Member

I received a sample of this from the Creed boutique a couple weeks ago and am loving the scent. It's fresh and light without the shaving cream vibe or sweetness that I dislike. Unique and really well done IMO.
    Cheers,

-Nick

While I found TM to be a good citrus-ginger scent all in all, even with a bit formal character to it,
    I wonder if perfumer actually smelled any tobacco, and I mean the real stuff - an unflavored Virginia pipe tobacco or a cigar.
    Having smelled or smoked a cigarette doesn't count as there's almost no tobacco in it these days.
    The drydown, at least on my skin, is so clean and laundry-accented, so I'd call this one "Original Clean".

Sadly I never tried Vintage Tabarome, but I'm bearing myself up having an occasional cigar.

Regards, Odor.

I like it, and would get a bottle but there always seems like something else comes up.
    The gucci gets me close.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Duplicate
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Ahhh, the frag that launched my interest in Creed. It seems a bit old and formal for my life. It also gets a little funky in the heat. I like it though. Under commented.

Not my favorite from the Creed's I've tried, but surprised me by how much citrus there was. I think I'll be able to get by for years on my 10ml sample...

Changed my mind on this one again. Need a full bottle now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Changed my mind on this one again. Need a full bottle now.

I vote yes for a full bottle as well. Tried it at the Creed counter in Atlanta along with a bunch of other Creeds, Tom Fords, FMKs, and came straight home and ordered it...Have to avoid that retail cost!

Hi all,

I believe CREED Tabarome Millisime was the first (Niche ?) fragrance I ever bought (from another BN member) back in 2003. I ADORE, LOVE, Creed Tabarome Millesime! In fact, I would say that it is one of my very favorite fragrances period. I also owned (and liked) BdP, Millesime Imperial and sampled GIT and several other Creeds. Tabarome Millesime just works on my fair skin. Every time I've worn Tabarome Millesime, I can't stop smelling my wrist! Ahhhhh, I swear, it gets me HIGH!
    I need to purchase a new bottle of Tabarome Millesime before Fall. In my book, Creed Tabarome Millesime is AWESOME! SixCats! has spoken.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Hi all,

I believe CREED Tabarome Millisime was the first (Niche ?) fragrance I ever bought (from another BN member) back in 2003. I ADORE, LOVE, Creed Tabarome Millesime! In fact, I would say that it is one of my very favorite fragrances period. I also owned (and liked) BdP, Millesime Imperial and sampled GIT and several other Creeds. Tabarome Millesime just works on my fair skin. Every time I've worn Tabarome Millesime, I can't stop smelling my wrist! Ahhhhh, I swear, it gets me HIGH!
    I need to purchase a new bottle of Tabarome Millesime before Fall. In my book, Creed Tabarome Millesime is AWESOME! SixCats! has spoken.

Regards,
    SixCats!
    The words of venerable SixCats push me to try TabaMille once more, as many years ago, when I started to explore the house of Creed, for me it didn't stand the test against GIT and BdP.

I remember back in the day a man purchased a sample of Creeds Vintage Tabarome from me
    he then accused me of sending him a fake that smelled like garbage

turned out he was looking for Tabarome Millesime

I guess not all fragrances are for everyone

but to the topic, I really like tabarome millesime, just have issues with Creeds variation in batch smells so I try to steer away from all Creeds

I guess I'm missing out
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Now that Ive had time with my bottle, it's become a swiss army knife of sorts, kinda like GIT in that regard.

Green tea, tobacco, ginger done in that Creed signature. Wont wow you on a tester strip or anything, but it works wonders on my skin.

Refined and classy, but wearable in many situations. Dont expect to be blown away, but give it some time to do its thing, and some of you may really dig it. IMO

Hi Candide,

For ME, Tabarome Millesime is wonderful. I realize that some fragrances will not work/be for everyone. BdP, Millesime Imperial, GIT, etc. are (imho) excellent (at least to my Nose). I have little doubt that MANY factors such as ones ethnic make up, diet, location, Meds, past experiences, etc. contribute/effect how a fragrance works (or not) on a person. I hope someday you'll grow to love Tabarome Millesime as much as I do.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Ive actually been researching this one and it seems like its the best kept secret of the Creed line. Its in my Top 5 next to buy! Looking forward to trying it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats View Post
    Hi Candide,

For ME, Tabarome Millesime is wonderful. I realize that some fragrances will not work/be for everyone. BdP, Millesime Imperial, GIT, etc. are (imho) excellent (at least to my Nose). I have little doubt that MANY factors such as ones ethnic make up, diet, location, Meds, past experiences, etc. contribute/effect how a fragrance works (or not) on a person. I hope someday you'll grow to love Tabarome Millesime as much as I do.

Regards,
    SixCats!
    Thanks! It's on my list now and I'll retry it as soon as possible.

Tabarome Millesime is a very good fragrance. Less formal and less impressive than its great and older Tabarome namesake, TM is fresher, less powerful and more of an everyday scent. The freshness of the prominent ginger is enhanced by the touch of citrus, and the tobacco is much more in the background. TM is a favourite in cooler weather and is very versatile. It is a fine scent that stands on it's own feet.

Love the opening, like the middle, will pass on the 'green' tobacco drydown.

I owned a bottle and wore it quite a bit for a couple of months. Unfortunately, the more I wore it the less I liked it. I agree with the poster that said it has a musty body odor type smell in the drydown.

I am really ambivalent about this scent. I have loved it, and I have swapped it. I do remember my little boy (now 16) liking it on me when he was about 5 or 6, so it has a place in my heart. He gave me the sweetest little compliment! What a magnificent son I have! Two of them, actually!

Was never really really fond of it (and this is coming from a huge Creed fan). This and Royal Water are the two that I like the least out of the Creed line.

Not sure what it is - I get kind of a slightly synthetic/off-putting vibe. With all this talk of tobacco, I don't get any.

A strong ginger scent, and I wish there was more tobacco as the name implies, such as the new Volutes by Dyptique or Back to Black and Tobacco Vanille.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

got it, one of the finest in the Creed line!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    ... This and Royal Water are the two that I like the least out of the Creed line...
    Same here. Just could not love TM. "Fortunately" my bottle broke in (crude) storage.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I just got a sample from the Perfumed Court along with a bunch of others, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed.

This one doesn't get talked about very much, and seems to live in the shadow of the vintage formula. I get the citrus/leather vibe of Eau Sauvage, and the ginger/vetiver vibe of Bleu de Chanel - matched with a very nice tobacco note that makes this fragrance much better than either of the two I just mentioned.

Anyone else dig this stuff?
    Yes, I dig this stuff! After a break I have recently start wearing Tabarome Millesime again, and it has grown to be one of my top favorits from Creed. The reason? It has everything I like in a fragrance. The most important is that it's both modern and classical. Unlike many others, I love the ginger-tobacco combo. It starts quite fresh and clean, with a very sophistcated tobacco aroma in the background. As time goes by, the tobacco is more salient, and the scent smells extremely elegant in my oppinion.
    - I like the scent category classic/formal/elegant, but often I have problems finding scents that fits my style. With Tabarome Millesime I've find a scent that I feel fits me. Staying power is excellent, and sillage is just perfect. I would almost go as far to say this could be my signature scent!
    Don't judge or elude this scent because of all the negative mention. Many people that dont like this scent has a tendency to compare it to other stronger tobacco scents and the vintage Tabarome. Dont do that! It has to be judge as a individual fragrance. Highly underrated in my oppinion.