Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Best Iris fragrance, please help

Dare I say DHI!

Well, I did it!!! I ordered decant of Dior Homme, original formulation. I can't believe I did that, but you guys finally convinced me to get out of my comfort zone. It is just amazing how much love Dior Homme gets here, there must be something to that...In any case, there is always my husband who developed a deep appreciation for fine perfumes (not a good thing, less perfumes for me)

I also ordered Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile and will be back with more thoughts. Sorry it takes me forever: I live in a small town in a middle of nowhere, 100 miles to closest big city and major interstate so the Internet is my only bet.

That is great! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I LOVE Dior Homme. Iris Nobile is beautiful, but less iris to me. We'll see how you like them. Thanks for all the updates on your iris journey

How exciting! Crikey, and I am the very one who ALWAYS advocates sampling, and here I am getting excited about YOUR blind buy. Vicarious pleasure is what it is! Good luck. , and as always you must report back....

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    How exciting! Crikey, and I am the very one who ALWAYS advocates sampling, and here I am getting excited about YOUR blind buy. Vicarious pleasure is what it is! Good luck. , and as always you must report back....
    Oh no, I am very frugal. I got a decant of Dior Homme and samples of Iris Nobile, sorry for confusion. I already made a blind buy mistake with Azemour Les Orangers and though I like it a lot I will never do it again (Of course, as they say never say never ).

And I will most certainly report back! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    That is great! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I LOVE Dior Homme. Iris Nobile is beautiful, but less iris to me. We'll see how you like them. Thanks for all the updates on your iris journey
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping up with my updates, it is very kind

Blog Entries

I really hope you like Dior Homme, though hopefully your husband can wear it if you don't enjoy it. Good luck!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Guerlain - Iris Ganache sure...
    Yup, but run, don't walk. It is being taken out of production.

L'Artisan's Iris Pallida, by far, imo.

Hello everyone!

Today I received following samples: Naiviris, Prada Infusion D'Iris, and beloved by many Dior Homme. Here is what I think so far and of course as the case with many perfumes, opinions will change in time, but these are my initial impressions. Also, I just recovering from my cold, so please be kind to me

Naiviris - What a pretty, pretty Iris. Diamondflame pretty much summed it up when he said that it is warm, woodsy, and understated. It is definitely that. Too bad it doesn't last long, and for the price I much rather get something of Lutens or Tauers. My hubby said that it suits me better than Iris de Nuit and he is right - I am a brunette who wears heavy florientals on a regular basis. I would love to have it, truth be told, but longevity is a big issue for me -especially for the price.

Prada Infusion D'Iris - It seemed like a weaker, cheaper sister of Iris de Nuit. It is very girly and I love it! And for the price I am definitely getting it, I won't feel guilty spending money on it and it is a good value for the Iris lover. It is not necessarily deep, but very pretty and quality for the money.

Dior Homme - W-W-W-W-O-O-O-O-W-W-W-W!!!!! I would like to put in a disclaimer and ask all Iris Silver Mist lovers out there to not stone me to death for what I am going to say next. Dior Homme IS A MOST BEAUTIFUL IRIS EVER! It is not too carroty, nor too powdery - it is just right. So classy, so sophisticated, S-O-O-O-O-O beaitiful.... Or poor, poor and so stubborn me. Did not wanted to listen when so many of you mentioned it to me. Or snobbish, narrow minded me...Dior Homme - what a boring, unassuming name that turned me away and does not suit this amazing scent at all. Don't get me wrong, I still think Iris Silver Mist is a masterpiece, but to me it will probably be like having tea with a Queen of England: very special and very awkward experience. Too much Iris.

Sorry guys for this haphazard post, but I will be back after I come down from my initial high with hopefully more refined thoughts.

Thanks again for your suggestions, guidance, and warm comments!

I'm also a big fan of VC&A Bois d'Iris. It's a salt water beach driftwood iris. An elegant but easy going scent. I also enjoyed La Pausa, but it had not lasting power on me. It smelled wonderful for about 30 mins.

Hello everyone again! I just received Iris Nobile and thought I would post few quick thoughts:

Iris Nobile - it is very beautiful, but for the life of me I couldn't smell Iris in it. All I could smell were gardenia and tuberose. Not big fan of both, and therefore, Iris Nobile is at the bottom of my Iris list.

Prada Infusion D'Iris update: - I take my words back on saying that it is weak, it is not. It has pretty impressive staying power. Don't know if I want to purchase it though, there is something in it that I already getting tired of this scent half way through my 1.5 ml sample.

Dior Homme update: I still think it is G-O-O-O-R-G-E-O-U-S but I started to detect masculine notes on my skin, on my DH it smells feminine and powdery. I will treasure my decant and continue to explore, when I will ran out I will see if it is going to work for me.

I just ordered samples of the whole Parfums D'Empire line, I thought it was pretty generous: 13 samples 2 ml each for $29 including shipping from France. Thus I should be able to test Iris intensive Equistruis and will be back with more thoughts.

Thank you guys again for everything, this whole experience was an absolute blast!

for women: Prada Infusion D'Iris, very nice, youthfull and elegant
    for men: Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc Collection EDP - fascinating one, shows the "side-b" , the dark side of the Moon of the Iris Note, turning it into something dark, almost gothic, reminds me of a mix between Bram Stoker's "Dracula" (Coppola's adaptation) barroque touch and David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" mysterious quirkyness.

Hi Whitefluffy. I am really enjoying your Adventure D'Iris! When you get your Parfums D'Empire samle pack remember to check out Cuir Ottoman, a lovely Iris Leather. Keep us posted.

As I mentioned in my earlier post Iris de Nuit and Prada Infusion D'Iris seemed similar to me so I had to try them side by side. I don't think they are that similar now. Infusion d'Iris is more loud and cheerful and Iris de Nuit more restrained. In addition, Iris de Nuit possesses an air of fine breeding while Infusion just pretends to have it. It is even more apparent in the drydown: Infusion d'Iris is a cheap soap on me while Iris de Nuit retains its classy irisness till the very end. I honestly don't think I will be purchasing Infusion, looks like I will have to shell out for Iris de Nuit - still my most favorite Iris...

I'm a fan of Divine L'homme de Coeur. Very nice Iris. I've heard good things about Dior Homme Intense as well.
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Hi Whitefluffy. I am really enjoying your Adventure D'Iris! When you get your Parfums D'Empire samle pack remember to check out Cuir Ottoman, a lovely Iris Leather. Keep us posted.
    I have received Equistrius and Cuir Ottoman and here is what I think:

Equistrus- very well done, unfortunately after 15 minutes I can't detect anything on my skin....Move on...Sigh

Cuir Ottoman - Foustie, I have already had itsy bitsy sample of Cuir Ottoman before but I was babying it so I couldn't make up my mind. Parfum D"Empire's more generous sample allowed me to get better understanding and appreciation for Cuir Ottoman. It is a great scent and fits me well. Iris here is golden and opulent, lounging leisurely on the leather sofa, a beaut! Will definitely acquire in a near future after Iris de Nuit.

I wanted to thank everyone again for their advice and inputs and it is time for me to wrap up this thread as it is getting too long and I feel ashamed

My clear winner is Iris de Nuit. I am not declaring that it is the best, most gorgeous Iris perfume out there, certainly not. But it is precisely what I was looking for on my Iris journey - quiet, romantic, aristocratic. ( I am not claiming that I am, far from it ).

The Greats I encountered on my journey and will never forget:

ISM - awesome, Dior Homme - amazing, Iris Poudre - Feminine with big F, Dzongkha - special.

It was a great journey and I would be lost without all your expertise and guidance. Thank you BNers, you are all as awesome as majestic Iris Silver Mist!

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Iris Silver Mist
    Not an Iris fan at all, but this one I liked and can also recommend. I also can recommend Impossible Iris by Ramon Monegal.
    Last edited by drseid; 19th July 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Iris from the Notre Flore collection by L'Occitane.

This might be discontinued. A smooth, creamy iris all the way.

Cuir Ottoman is a great iris with leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

NOOOOOOO..Do NOT feel ashamed Whitefluffy! This is a beautiful thread, especially because you kept checking in with your updates and impressions. So many folks ask for recs and then are never heard from again. One thing is clear; you and hubby are the best smelling couple in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. Thanks again for sharing your journey.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 31st March 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: correct spelling
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    In addition to all the very good recommendations above, I'd also suggest Prelude to Love--by Kilian. The top is citrusy, but after that the iris is very much front and center.
    +1...

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    NOOOOOOO..Do NOT feel ashamed Whitefluffy! This is a beautiful thread, especially because you kept checking in with your updates and impressions. So many folks ask for recs and then are never heard from again. One thing is clear; you and hubby are the best selling couple in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. Thanks again for sharing your journey.
    Thank you, Knit at nite, that was very kind

Hello everyone!

I know I said I will wrap up this thread, but amazing opportunity came up and I had to report! Thanks to the generosity and kindness of the wonderful PerfumedLady, I have famed and loved by many Le Labo Iris 39 coming to me soon. I haven't tried anything from Le Labo line before, and needless to say, I am drooling...

Thanks again for sticking around, you guys made this journey so much fun!

Once again, double post, sorry folks

Well, we shall see what you think. You are sure giving it the good try Lots of wonderful fragrances have been sampled!

Blog Entries

I learned something on this thread: I didn't realize how nice an iris Dior Homme is. I finally got a sample at Sephora on Sunday and was amazed that it's classified as a masculine at all. I would have pegged it as a feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I learned something on this thread: I didn't realize how nice an iris Dior Homme is. I finally got a sample at Sephora on Sunday and was amazed that it's classified as a masculine at all. I would have pegged it as a feminine.
    Yes, I know. I have been suggested Dior Homme on this thread more times than I could count, and it took some serious collective pushing from BNers who contributed to this thread before I finally gave up . I am so glad they did, it is gorgeous, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Yes, I know. I have been suggested Dior Homme on this thread more times than I could count, and it took some serious collective pushing from BNers who contributed to this thread before I finally gave up . I am so glad they did, it is gorgeous, isn't it?
    It is one of my favorite iris fragrances, and partly because of what you were refering to as the masculine edge it brings. It's not too pretty, but still smooth as silk.
    FM Iris Poudre is my favorite iris, but it leans more fem, although not too much.
    I've not tried the Heeley yet - I will now after reading this thread!

It is one of my favorite iris fragrances, and partly because of what you were refering to as the masculine edge it brings. It's not too pretty, but still smooth as silk.
    FM Iris Poudre is my favorite iris, but it leans more fem, although not too much.
    I've not tried the Heeley yet - I will now after reading this thread!
    Oh, you absolutely have to try Heeley! It is such a a beautiful and pure iris: not too much carrot, not too much powder - its quiet beauty tugs at my heart and reaches deep into my soul. I think it might not be the most gorgeous iris, but definitely most romantic and noble one. Very English smelling, if you know what I mean - reminds me of Jane Austen novel, something that Mr. Darcy's wife would wear in their elegant country estate on a pleasant weekend.

Oh, you absolutely have to try Heeley! It is such a a beautiful and pure iris: not too much carrot, not too much powder - its quiet beauty tugs at my heart and reaches deep into my soul. I think it might not be the most gorgeous iris, but definitely most romantic and noble one. Very English smelling, if you know what I mean - reminds me of Jane Austen novel, something that Mr. Darcy's wife would wear in their elegant country estate on a pleasant weekend.
    That is a lovely descripton Whitefluffy. I agree that it is very beautiful. Not particulary " nuit" I think, but elegant and haunting.

Please don't stop your thread. It is not too long at all. I really enjoy your updates!

Thank you, Foustie, this is really sweet .

And I agree with you about the "nuit" part, I don't know how Heeley came up with it - there is nothing "nuit" in it at all.

Wow, that Heeley sounds really nice, and the Le Labo definitely sounds like something I need to try. I saw this thread after trying out the Hermes Iris Ukiyoe and realizing what a nice scent it is.

No doubt, Hemès has the two already mentioned to offer if not the best, top quality iris! And I agree that so many scents explore the note in so different ways that makes it feel like an entire world, plus you have ordered many samples. Just wonna tell there are three that took my interest and two of them are far too underrated (all from Creed House): Fleurissimo (powdery, classic iris theme), Love in White (flat, easy to understand iris; even so, not overshadowed by vetiver-smokey notes like in many wonderful Chanel's creations or by musk as in N.Rodriguez or niche's such as FMalle's Iris Poudre) and Love in Black (the one I used to claim was not worthy till I got to the "pure" note, and noticed many #19 lovers like myself tend to like this one very, very much).
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Thank you for your recommendations, but I already tried Love in Black and to my nose it smells nice but a bit commercial and skin deep. As for Fleurissimo, I tried to sample that one for ages, but alas, it is always eluded me.

Carner Barcelona

Well, I have received Iris 39 and it is a strange beast. It smells moldy, musty, and spicy but in attractive way: an elegant lady from upper class working on her tomatoes and herbs, pulling weeds from the wet earth. (Not that elegant lady from upper class wouldn't have somebody do it for her).Then she plucks spicy peppers and brings them into a kitchen on a way giving a brief glance to iris flowers faraway in her neighbors yard. I have to confess: I have hard times picking out the iris, mostly patchouli and spice and thats probably explains what I imagine smelling Iris 39. I have never smelled anything so natural smelling and abstract in the same time. Iris 39 is definitely not for everyone but it deserves it place in the fragrance Hall of Fame. I still don't know if I like it or not, Iris 39 is just is.

Well, this lady has to do her own garden chores and will admit to falling hard for scents that remind me of that peaceful and mindful time spent out working in the yard! Yes, you need to love earthy scents for Iris 39!

I can't believe that even though this scent wears differently on us (have already told Whitefluffy that I do get a pretty big iris note), so much of your description really hits home for me. Other than getting more iris than you, I agree with all you have said about Iris 39. Please don't be angry with me- I have to share an excerpt from our private conversation! I agree so much and it is beautifully and succinctly written. Here it is:
    "I get soulful mustiness and elegance in the middle of a wet vegetable garden. It is definitely unique and I can see why it would be so polarizing and why your DH doesn't get it. (He really hates it-PL) It is very grown up without being old, on the contrary, it is edgy and sophisticated."

I just love that passage- again please forgive me for sharing! My perceptions of the scent's style are exactly the same as yours, even though we smell it a little differently. I believe our Foustie will also agree with your assessment of it as mature but "edgy and sophisticated".

This has been a lot of fun for me, too! I absolutely love the way you describe scents, hope we'll be reading lots more impressions from you! But maybe you need a little break after having sampled your way through an entire bouquet of every sort of iris!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Thank you, PerfumedLady, and you have nothing to ask forgiveness for. I greatly appreciate your support and the opportunity of testing Iris 39. I think my iris journey wouldn't have been complete without Iris 39 and I am glad that our perceptions of Iris 39 are so similar.

As for a break... Curiosity did kill the cat but it is what makes me feel so alive . If all goes well I will be finally ordering Iris de Nuit next week (drool) and for the samples I will request Bois D'Iris by Van Cleef & Aprels and Mythique by Delrae. Bois D'Iris is iris-wood-ambergris combo and it sounds too good for me to pass up. I have been thoroughly enjoying iris/ambergris in GIT on my DH and I hope Bois d'Iris will not disappoint me. Mythique has iris/leather combo that I also love, which is why Cuir Ottoman is on my next buy list.

I am honored to share my experiences on this thread where I received unbelievable support ans saw amazing kindness. It looks like my Iris journey is still continues...

Hiya! Oh I could not agree more PerfumedLady, whitefluffy has really nailed something of the personality of Iris 39. What a lovely appraisal, really lovely. Like Perfumedlady, I also get more Iris than you do but "edgy and sophisticated"...absolutely!! PerfumedLady and I agree that it has a kinda cool and urbane vibe. She says that wearing it makes her want to float around an Art Exhibition. I love that. I think that Iris39 certainly earns its place in the Iris arsenal.

Oh, you are having the Iris De Nuit! Beautiful choice. It is on my wishlist too.

See you soon.

Yes, Whitefluffy has described all of these scents so well. I could read about about this iris journey indefinitely. Foustie, I think Iris 39 must be nearly identical on our skins, how great! Yes, it always makes me feel like going somewhere very cool and hip. I did in fact wear it to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame back in Nov. and it made me feel so much cooler than I really am! Still need to take it out to one of our Avant-Garde galleries; somehow that's where I feel it really belongs.

Whitefluffy, I owe you a longer communication but for now will answer one of your questions- I have just recently sampled Iris de Nuit. Really feminine and beautiful. No, nothing very Nuit to me, either, but that's ok. I like it because it is sooo elegant but also would make a perfect casual scent. Seems to me a scent that can go anywhere, anytime. Reminds me a little of Hilde Soliani's Il Vs Iris. You may like that one as well, Luckyscent sells samples. I like the Heeley better, though. And I'm also about to sample the VC&A! We'll have to compare notes. No, I guess you haven't run out of irises to sample just yet! Sample on, dear!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 9th April 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Hello folks!

I finally received Iris de Nuit and I am ecstatic! I could finally spray it to my heart's desire instead of babying each drop. My DH was mowing the lawn at the time and when he came rushing in he stopped in his tracks and asked me what I was wearing. I told him that it was the Iris I was waiting for. He said: WOW.....so beautiful and romantic, it is way better than Chanel 19! (my DH is not big Chanel fan in general, but obviously 19 popped in his head when he smelled IdN). I guess mission accomplished: I found Iris that will take a place in my heart next to Chanel 19 and my DH likes it more.

I got samples and VC&A's Bois d'Iris has us both pining after it. Damn! Though I have to say that to my nose Bois d'Iris is more about "Bois" than Iris: it is very woodsy and ambergris is divine. I have sandalwood incense that BdI reminds me of, sweet wood but not sugary sweet. Mythique by Delrae is interesting and Iris/leather are definitely there: it is cool, green, with a chypre vibe. I like part 1 and part 3, but part 2 not so much. I think on a right person it will be magnificent, but I still prefer Cuir de Russie and Cuir Ottoman for the iris/leather combo.

Well, my family budget called and told me that I can't do this anymore, so I think I will have to finally stop my Iris Quest. And again, I want to thank generous BNers for support and for sticking around, it was an AMAZING adventure!

WOW! Congrats! Enjoy in good health as they say around here.

I have really enjoyed being able to share in your quest. Your thoughts and reviews have been a pleasure to read. I hope this doesn't mean that you are going away now? We can't have that.

PS: I love Iris de Nuit too. It was one of my favourites. I haven't tried the VC&A yet but I have a sample winging its way as we speak. It sounds wonderful too, and from your reading about your preferences I'm guessing that if you like it I will like it too!
    Last edited by Foustie; 18th April 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Great news that you found an iris love, Whitefluffy. Enjoy your bottle. I love your DH story!

WOW! Congrats! Enjoy in good health as they say around here.

I have really enjoyed being able to share in your quest. Your thoughts and reviews have been a pleasure to read. I hope this doesn't mean that you are going away now? We can't have that.

PS: I love Iris de Nuit too. It was one of my favourites. I haven't tried the VC&A yet but I have a sample winging its way as we speak. It sounds wonderful too, and from your reading about your preferences I'm guessing that if you like it I will like it too!

THAT PICTURE ABOVE WAS NOT THERE WHEN I DECIDED TO POST THIS. TRYING TO CONTACT A MODERATOR BUT CANT SEE HOW TO DO IT AND THE ONES WHOS NAMES I KNOW ARE OFFLINE. THE POST IS ON OTHER THREADS TOO SO HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN ALERT THE MODS.
    Thank you Foustie, that is very sweet

And you most certainly won't get rid of me now when I have met many wonderful people on this journey, but I will haunt other threads. I think when my family budget will give me green light I would like to go on a Tuberose journey (I hate Tuberose, and I think it is because I have never found right one, such a sexy, beautiful flower).

Great news that you found an iris love, Whitefluffy. Enjoy your bottle. I love your DH story!
    Thanks, I will!

Banned

Dior Homme, Hiris, Prada Infusion D'Homme.

Well, I am back...

I know I said I will close this thread I don't know how many times, but I had to share another Iris experience. Through amazing kindness of 30 roses I had an unbelievable opportunity to test ever elusive and really hard to find Iris Pallida by L'Artisan. I think the closest to Iris Pallida, to my nose, would be Iris 39. It is also green, spicy, and slightly musty but much more reserved than Iris 39. It is the coolest Iris I have ever smelled: I get menthol like coldness, probably from anise and I think of high quality cold green tea.

Iris Pallida also shares the "haunting" quality of Chanel 19, Iris de Nuit, and Iris Silver Mist, but it is easily the most haunting and haunted of them all. I don't necessarily agree with everything Mr. Luca Turin says but his description of Iris Pallida is spot on - "eerie". It is most definitely that. Ghostly. Despite all that I love it. Heeley is still my Number 1 but, Iris Pallida is very close second. It is so indescribably aristocratic but eerie, like a haunted castle where once dashing young heir lost the love of his life and wasted himself away. If Iris de Nuit is Jane Austen, the Iris Pallida to me is "Jane Eyre".

Hiris.

Basenotes Plus

Another nice iris is Jo Malone Iris & Lady Moore.

Thank you, Kiliwia, I will definitely look into that. I do like Jo Malone, but haven't tried any of the iris one's yet.

Blog Entries

This weekend in Boston I tried JM Iris & White Musk (black bottle, cologne intense series) and it reminds me quite a bit of Iris Pallida, although I still prefer the L'Artisan, which seems a bit more complex.

It's got a lily note and seems a bit soapy (just dabbed a bit on from the sample.)

I've just read a few reviews where the authors say this is a "dirty" musk, but I am not finding it to be dirty at all. Clean soapy iris smell, a bit powdery.

If anyone missed out on Iris Pallida, do try this one.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th July 2012 at 06:47 AM.

Thank you, 30 Roses for a great tip! I will certainly look into JM's Iris & White Musk. Anything to stretch IP out...

I'm not sure why it's not been mentioned in this thread already, but Imperial Millesime has a great Iris note. OK, there is a lot more going on with MI than just Iris, but it's there and it is of a high quality.

I have tried MI and I like it quite a bit. Maybe I will get on a split with heperd one day...

I have tried MI and I like it quite a bit. Maybe I will get on a split with heperd one day...
    Not a bad idea at all. An affordable way to get your hands on a quality batch of just about any fragrance!!

L'Erbolario Iris
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?

Hermes Iris Urikoye, cant remember exactly.
    Sergen Lutens Iris silver mist

What a DELISH thread! I've discovered that iris is a note I love as well, & reading your descriptions on all those wonderful samples has been a fascinating read tonight. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Now I must go & order some of those samples for myself!