Code of Conduct

Default Oud 27 on a woman

I was wondering what you guys thought (or would think) of Oud 27 on a woman...

Banned

Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

i would go pretty nutz if i got near a girl wearing this.

gotta be the right type of girl though... i'm thinking brunette, dark mysterious eyes. not a scent for a ditzy blond in other words lolololol

My grandma and 3 of my female cousins, as well as Hedonist's sister LOL rock Oud 27. I actually don't think it's that notorious of a scent. The opening, yes, is pretty fecal, but it dies down after half an hour into a smoky, woody scent that is totally mesmerizing regardless of gender.

Okay. Click on my name (perszona) to see my pic and tell me if I qualify .
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    i would go pretty nutz if i got near a girl wearing this.

gotta be the right type of girl though... i'm thinking brunette, dark mysterious eyes. not a scent for a ditzy blond in other words lolololol

You definitely qualify.

Concur with the others. Definitely yes. Relative to, say, Kouros or Muscs Koublai Khan, which I find hard to think on a woman, I think oud 27 suitable for women. Sultry, mischievous, wet. Of course, the musky part, before it buttons up to an elegant woody, cannot be used for all social occasions.

I gave the body cream to my sister. It is just as rich, and I think the musks persist a little bit longer, though it's less in your face than the perfume.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    I haven't tried Oud 27 yet, but you qualify.

I am trying to find fragrances that I might like, not nessesarily similar to Oud 27, which I love to wear, but not your typical female flowery stuff but a bit more intriguing, powerful, and sexual (without losing class). I've just ordered Kurdijan's Absolue pour le Soir, we will see. Suggestions are welcome !

I definitely like it! I love your descriptions . What about Ambre Sultan? Too masculine/spicey? I ordered Ambre Russe and also Ambre Fetiche, not sure about Ambre Sultan, though. And I am flirting with Arabie from SL, as I do not mind gourmands in general and it seems so interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Concur with the others. Definitely yes. Relative to, say, Kouros or Muscs Koublai Khan, which I find hard to think on a woman, I think oud 27 suitable for women. Sultry, mischievous, wet. Of course, the musky part, before it buttons up to an elegant woody, cannot be used for all social occasions.

I gave the body cream to my sister. It is just as rich, and I think the musks persist a little bit longer, though it's less in your face than the perfume.

cacio

Forgot to say, I think Kouros is VERY sexy on men. I wish more of them used it . One of my favorite scents on them!

cacio

I am not a big fan of ambers per se, but if you are, these are certainly worthy (as would be Dior Mitzah). I actually prefer Ambre Sultan exactly because, as you say, it's not just an amber, but it is drier and has lots of dusty spices; but, because of the dryness, I don't see it as sultry, as you seem to prefer. Arabie is spice galore, even better. If you were in Paris, I'd suggest you try El Attarine, which has the spices of Arabie, plus some luscious oriental flowers.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    You definitely qualify.
    Absolutely.

I definitely like it! I love your descriptions . What about Ambre Sultan? Too masculine/spicey? I ordered Ambre Russe and also Ambre Fetiche, not sure about Ambre Sultan, though. And I am flirting with Arabie from SL, as I do not mind gourmands in general and it seems so interesting.
    I think I would prefer Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Russe on a woman, compared to Ambre Sultan. But I don't think it would be bad. And I prefer all of them to Arabie.

Banned

jesus christ... yea i'd say you qualify. you're actually pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that.

be still my beating heart.... *le sigh*

Banned

Oud 27 would be as putrid on a female as it on a male ...

Why don't you like Arabie?
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I think I would prefer Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Russe on a woman, compared to Ambre Sultan. But I don't think it would be bad. And I prefer all of them to Arabie.

I imagine Arabie to be a warm, embracing, gourmand, full of spice and full of love perfume, passionate and exotic and inviting. Is that a wrong assumption? And how does it compare to El Attaire, other than that the latter has also florals? I will check out Mitzah! I like amber, but only when it is soft and warm, without being cloying.
    I am not a big fan of ambers per se, but if you are, these are certainly worthy (as would be Dior Mitzah). I actually prefer Ambre Sultan exactly because, as you say, it's not just an amber, but it is drier and has lots of dusty spices; but, because of the dryness, I don't see it as sultry, as you seem to prefer. Arabie is spice galore, even better. If you were in Paris, I'd suggest you try El Attarine, which has the spices of Arabie, plus some luscious oriental flowers.

cacio

Why don't you like Arabie?
    It reminds me of fruitcake.

Now I don't have a particular problem with the smell of fruitcake, but I really don't want a person to smell like one.

Oud 27 on anyone wold be vile in my opinion. I hated this one when I sampled it. To the point I was physically sick

If you're looking for a killer beast that would go perfectly on a woman from Serge Lutens just go strait for Muscs Koublai Kahn. It's everything that you said you're looking for.

I'm not really a big fan of Arabie either.

I imagine Arabie to be a warm, embracing, gourmand, full of spice and full of love perfume, passionate and exotic and inviting. Is that a wrong assumption?

I like amber, but only when it is soft and warm, without being cloying.
    How you imagine Arabie is quite right, except that it's not really spicy but instead is full of stewed fruits (think of the fruits in Feminite du Bois just much more of them and in a more gourmand composition). I adore it. Jacomo #8 is its little sister, more shy and suitable for warm weather.

I have no problems with wearing Ambre Sultan, though it's not my favourite amber.

There are lots of great ambers out there. The one which has recently ascended to the top of my amber loves (and I do love many) is Mona di Orio's Ambre. Some other ambers which I find great (all of them quite warm): PdN Sacrebleu, Montale Blue Amber, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau (a spicy one), L'Artisan Ambre Extreme, Ambra del Nepal (the pre-reform version, a gorgeous patchouli-amber), Anne Pliska (another great patchouli-amber with a cult following), Laura Mercier Ambre Passion Velvet, OJ Tolu (a resinous amber). And yes, I do love Ambre Rousse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    My grandma and 3 of my female cousins, as well as Hedonist's sister LOL rock Oud 27. I actually don't think it's that notorious of a scent. The opening, yes, is pretty fecal, but it dies down after half an hour into a smoky, woody scent that is totally mesmerizing regardless of gender.
    Good job remembering!

for swap/sale:

showoff lol

for swap/sale: