Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Oud 27 on a woman

    I was wondering what you guys thought (or would think) of Oud 27 on a woman...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    i would go pretty nutz if i got near a girl wearing this.

    gotta be the right type of girl though... i'm thinking brunette, dark mysterious eyes. not a scent for a ditzy blond in other words lolololol

  3. #3

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    My grandma and 3 of my female cousins, as well as Hedonist's sister LOL rock Oud 27. I actually don't think it's that notorious of a scent. The opening, yes, is pretty fecal, but it dies down after half an hour into a smoky, woody scent that is totally mesmerizing regardless of gender.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Okay. Click on my name (perszona) to see my pic and tell me if I qualify .
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    i would go pretty nutz if i got near a girl wearing this.

    gotta be the right type of girl though... i'm thinking brunette, dark mysterious eyes. not a scent for a ditzy blond in other words lolololol

  5. #5

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    You definitely qualify.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Concur with the others. Definitely yes. Relative to, say, Kouros or Muscs Koublai Khan, which I find hard to think on a woman, I think oud 27 suitable for women. Sultry, mischievous, wet. Of course, the musky part, before it buttons up to an elegant woody, cannot be used for all social occasions.

    I gave the body cream to my sister. It is just as rich, and I think the musks persist a little bit longer, though it's less in your face than the perfume.

    cacio

  7. #7
    Dependent hobbes22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    Okay. Click on my name (perszona) to see my pic and tell me if I qualify .
    I haven't tried Oud 27 yet, but you qualify.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    I am trying to find fragrances that I might like, not nessesarily similar to Oud 27, which I love to wear, but not your typical female flowery stuff but a bit more intriguing, powerful, and sexual (without losing class). I've just ordered Kurdijan's Absolue pour le Soir, we will see. Suggestions are welcome !

  9. #9

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    I definitely like it! I love your descriptions . What about Ambre Sultan? Too masculine/spicey? I ordered Ambre Russe and also Ambre Fetiche, not sure about Ambre Sultan, though. And I am flirting with Arabie from SL, as I do not mind gourmands in general and it seems so interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Concur with the others. Definitely yes. Relative to, say, Kouros or Muscs Koublai Khan, which I find hard to think on a woman, I think oud 27 suitable for women. Sultry, mischievous, wet. Of course, the musky part, before it buttons up to an elegant woody, cannot be used for all social occasions.

    I gave the body cream to my sister. It is just as rich, and I think the musks persist a little bit longer, though it's less in your face than the perfume.

    cacio

  10. #10

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Forgot to say, I think Kouros is VERY sexy on men. I wish more of them used it . One of my favorite scents on them!
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Concur with the others. Definitely yes. Relative to, say, Kouros or Muscs Koublai Khan, which I find hard to think on a woman, I think oud 27 suitable for women. Sultry, mischievous, wet. Of course, the musky part, before it buttons up to an elegant woody, cannot be used for all social occasions.

    I gave the body cream to my sister. It is just as rich, and I think the musks persist a little bit longer, though it's less in your face than the perfume.

    cacio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    I am not a big fan of ambers per se, but if you are, these are certainly worthy (as would be Dior Mitzah). I actually prefer Ambre Sultan exactly because, as you say, it's not just an amber, but it is drier and has lots of dusty spices; but, because of the dryness, I don't see it as sultry, as you seem to prefer. Arabie is spice galore, even better. If you were in Paris, I'd suggest you try El Attarine, which has the spices of Arabie, plus some luscious oriental flowers.

    cacio

  12. #12
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    80,853

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    You definitely qualify.
    Absolutely.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    I definitely like it! I love your descriptions . What about Ambre Sultan? Too masculine/spicey? I ordered Ambre Russe and also Ambre Fetiche, not sure about Ambre Sultan, though. And I am flirting with Arabie from SL, as I do not mind gourmands in general and it seems so interesting.
    I think I would prefer Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Russe on a woman, compared to Ambre Sultan. But I don't think it would be bad. And I prefer all of them to Arabie.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    Okay. Click on my name (perszona) to see my pic and tell me if I qualify .
    jesus christ... yea i'd say you qualify. you're actually pretty much exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that.

    be still my beating heart.... *le sigh*

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Oud 27 would be as putrid on a female as it on a male ...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Why don't you like Arabie?
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I think I would prefer Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Russe on a woman, compared to Ambre Sultan. But I don't think it would be bad. And I prefer all of them to Arabie.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    I imagine Arabie to be a warm, embracing, gourmand, full of spice and full of love perfume, passionate and exotic and inviting. Is that a wrong assumption? And how does it compare to El Attaire, other than that the latter has also florals? I will check out Mitzah! I like amber, but only when it is soft and warm, without being cloying.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I am not a big fan of ambers per se, but if you are, these are certainly worthy (as would be Dior Mitzah). I actually prefer Ambre Sultan exactly because, as you say, it's not just an amber, but it is drier and has lots of dusty spices; but, because of the dryness, I don't see it as sultry, as you seem to prefer. Arabie is spice galore, even better. If you were in Paris, I'd suggest you try El Attarine, which has the spices of Arabie, plus some luscious oriental flowers.

    cacio

  18. #18

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    Why don't you like Arabie?
    It reminds me of fruitcake.

    Now I don't have a particular problem with the smell of fruitcake, but I really don't want a person to smell like one.

  19. #19
    Dependent fragranceman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Oud 27 on anyone wold be vile in my opinion. I hated this one when I sampled it. To the point I was physically sick

  20. #20

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    I definitely like it! I love your descriptions . What about Ambre Sultan? Too masculine/spicey? I ordered Ambre Russe and also Ambre Fetiche, not sure about Ambre Sultan, though. And I am flirting with Arabie from SL, as I do not mind gourmands in general and it seems so interesting.
    If you're looking for a killer beast that would go perfectly on a woman from Serge Lutens just go strait for Muscs Koublai Kahn. It's everything that you said you're looking for.

    I'm not really a big fan of Arabie either.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    I imagine Arabie to be a warm, embracing, gourmand, full of spice and full of love perfume, passionate and exotic and inviting. Is that a wrong assumption?

    I like amber, but only when it is soft and warm, without being cloying.
    How you imagine Arabie is quite right, except that it's not really spicy but instead is full of stewed fruits (think of the fruits in Feminite du Bois just much more of them and in a more gourmand composition). I adore it. Jacomo #8 is its little sister, more shy and suitable for warm weather.

    I have no problems with wearing Ambre Sultan, though it's not my favourite amber.

    There are lots of great ambers out there. The one which has recently ascended to the top of my amber loves (and I do love many) is Mona di Orio's Ambre. Some other ambers which I find great (all of them quite warm): PdN Sacrebleu, Montale Blue Amber, Mauboussin Histoire d'Eau (a spicy one), L'Artisan Ambre Extreme, Ambra del Nepal (the pre-reform version, a gorgeous patchouli-amber), Anne Pliska (another great patchouli-amber with a cult following), Laura Mercier Ambre Passion Velvet, OJ Tolu (a resinous amber). And yes, I do love Ambre Rousse as well.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    My grandma and 3 of my female cousins, as well as Hedonist's sister LOL rock Oud 27. I actually don't think it's that notorious of a scent. The opening, yes, is pretty fecal, but it dies down after half an hour into a smoky, woody scent that is totally mesmerizing regardless of gender.
    Good job remembering!

    for swap/sale:





  23. #23

    Default Re: Oud 27 on a woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Perszona View Post
    Okay. Click on my name (perszona) to see my pic and tell me if I qualify .
    showoff lol

    for swap/sale:





Similar Threads

  1. YSL NU and Lyric Woman
    By scent in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th March 2011, 06:51 PM
  2. Memoir Woman
    By Daryl J. in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd January 2011, 01:20 PM
  3. Most stylish woman
    By Trotsky in forum Fashion and Style
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 02:41 PM
  4. Halston Woman
    By petruccijc in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th August 2009, 07:48 PM
  5. IF A WOMAN ASKS YOU
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000