Code of Conduct

Question which one do you prefer among Back to Black, Cologne pour le Soir, Absolue pour le Soir?

which one do you prefer among Back to Black, Cologne pour le Soir, Absolue pour le Soir? and why
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Sur la Plage

Default Re: which one do you prefer among Back to Black, Cologne pour le Soir, Absolue pour le Soir?

Absolue pour le Soir - it smells the best to me
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: which one do you prefer among Back to Black, Cologne pour le Soir, Absolue pour le Soir?

Can't speak for the other two as I never sampled them, but I am enjoying my sample of Back to Black

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

+1 I agree. Thought I have not sniffed the cologne version, I am happy enough with APLS.

Sound Scents

Like AplS, but prefer Back to Black.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

APLS out of these though the opening is rough the drydown is really good.

Absolue pour le Soir

Cologne Pour le Soir the best of these three. Just a personal opinion that I know many disagree with because the Absolute is such a bold fragrance. I've owned bottles of each. I think "Cologne" is the most wearable and most enjoyable of these. Absolute can work for the special occasion, and BtB is nice if you want a bit of tobacco with the warm powdery essence. But Colgone pour le Soir is my personal favorite for daily wear.

APLS. Cologne is good as well but in this type of fragrances I generally prefer bolder compositions. Back to Black is a pass for me...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Cologne pour le Soir- more wearable.
    B2B is too powdery
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

AplS. A captivating dirty fragrance.

for swap/sale:

Love both APLS and B2B. Two of my favorites. Never tried CPLS.

Haven't tried CPLS, but APLS's dirty musk is a little too much for me, it is far too similar to halitosis and makes me a bit uncomfortable wearing it. Sounds like I may enjoy CPLS more.

BtB is a very different kind of frag vs APLS, so it's a tough comparison. I think both are amazing works of olfactory art, but would choose BtB because of the off-putting musk in APLS.

I have noticed this halitosis-fecal-musk in several frags so far... MKK, Untitled #8, APLS, Alpha Musk... since it is a synthetic musk I wonder how close to real musk this could possible be.

Not tried Cologne PLS, but APLS >>> BtB

I loved how the Absolue and the B2B projected and lasted. Lumiere was just as long lasting, but probably 3/4ths the projection of the Absolue in the first 2 hours and then half of that after 2 hours.

I dont like that animal note in the Absolue and the B2B is cherry tobacco on me. How does the projection on the Cologne PLS compare to the Absolue and how does the longevity compare? If it projects and lasts like I think Lumiere did, I am all over it.
    Last edited by finsfan; 10th October 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Dependent

back to black is just sexy stuff
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

I go back and forth on the Back to Black

AplS is indeed a bold fragrance, a remark. It settles down nicely after a few hours but Cologne version is the more wearable/ versatile one. I prefer the cologne version since it is generally warm here.

BtB is a very sexy fragrance in my opinion but if you can't handle the powderiness, it would be a let down.

So my opinion is BtB>Cologne pour le Soir>Absolue pour le Soir

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Cologne Pour le Soir the best of these three. Just a personal opinion that I know many disagree with because the Absolute is such a bold fragrance. I've owned bottles of each. I think "Cologne" is the most wearable and most enjoyable of these. Absolute can work for the special occasion, and BtB is nice if you want a bit of tobacco with the warm powdery essence. But Colgone pour le Soir is my personal favorite for daily wear.
    +1 cologne is like your second skin, earthy rose! very very nice, and most wearable....but i just noticed there is female part here and i am constantly writing on male forum hehe

Can anyone tell me how the cologne version projects compared to the APLS? I have some Atelier Cologne Bois Blond and I have to dig my nose into it to smell it. With Back to Black, I can easily smell myself by turning my head fast, and that is even after 3 hours. Same with APLS. I just want to know if I buy blind the cologne (and I have a sample of the Absolue) then it will last from 7 a.m. to say 5 p.m. or so with some good projection. It does not have to have monster projection but I dont want it a skin scent like my Bois Blond by Atelier Cologne
    Last edited by finsfan; 10th October 2012 at 03:08 PM.

Absolue pour le soir for its superior scent and longevity compared to Back to Black.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the cologne version projects compared to the APLS? I have some Atelier Cologne Bois Blond and I have to dig my nose into it to smell it. With Back to Black, I can easily smell myself by turning my head fast, and that is even after 3 hours. Same with APLS. I just want to know if I buy blind the cologne (and I have a sample of the Absolue) then it will last from 7 a.m. to say 5 p.m. or so with some good projection. It does not have to have monster projection but I dont want it a skin scent like my Bois Blond by Atelier Cologne
    so a friend of mine find it very mild, wheras i find it perfect measure! those who hate the smell find it veeery strong. its called cologne but has longevity of real parfume (7 am-5 pm), just it is not so strong i apply like 6 sprays...and if you put it on clothes i can smell it for days..it has this cashmire like smell....i use it only in winter times though....but i am female, and i could not stand the absolue version, becasue this one was even bold! and this is perfect measure of rose and this animalic side, this is real unisex! where absolute i think is more male fragrance! and unwearable for me!
    Last edited by iivanita; 11th October 2012 at 08:17 AM.

I wrote my comment half a dozen different ways. All of them came across as pretentious.

I prefer APLS.

Difficulty rating: 8/10

I haven't tried Back to Black, but have tried both of the Francis Kurkdjian fragrances.

APLS is far too animalic in the opening for me and I just can't wear it. CPLS however is just beautiful and is on my FBW list. It's smooth and sweet with rose and gentle musk in the style of Musc Ravageur.

If you're after something delicious and wearable, I'd definitely recommend CPLS. If you're after something more challenging and interesting, then please consider the other two.

Absolue Ofcourse!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post

Smells better and has a better performance.
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!