Code of Conduct

Default I need help choosing a cologne that my girlfriend will like, that I want to wear.

I have:

Prada Amber Pour Homme :I bought it to try to make her happy, but it's just not for me. And turns out it's too strong for her.
    Thierry Mugler Cologne :I really like this one, but it gives her a headache. I think its really awesome.
    Thierry Mugler A*Men Sunessence :This one was an impulse buy, but it's not bad. Not much sillage, and it gives her a headache.
    JPG Le Male :Love it, but it's too strong for her. She calls it the "homoerotic cologne".
    D&G The One for Men : ..eh...
    CDG 3 : I bought this, because I read it was really interesting, beautiful, and not very strong at all. But she doesn't really like it. And it's not my style. Although it smells so good. I wish she would wear it.

I don't want to buy the typical, Aqua Di Gio, Code, Burberry, ect. Nothing that smells like high school, being that I'm 25. She's 30, and wears Chloe Love. Lighter scents is all that she can handle really. I think the birch note in the Mugler is what she might be allergic too, or whatever...craziness is going on with her. I've gone to Macy's with her, and there was nothing I liked, that she liked. I'm tempted to go find Armani Mania, one of the only highschool smelling colognes I can stand and call it a day.... Help. I know this is a crazy question. But I'm stumped.

Default Re: I need help choosing a cologne that my girlfriend will like, that I want to wear.

she's a lost cause.

although try cdg vettiveru.

Default Re: I need help choosing a cologne that my girlfriend will like, that I want to wear.

Dump her and wear your Thierry Mugler.

If you're lonely you can always kiss it, or even stick it up your bum.

no offense to you...inside joke here.

Damnit. I almost ordered that instead of CDG 3. The space flower idea really sounded interesting though...

so keep the cologne, switch the gf...lol. if only I could.

Perhaps Carbone de Balmain might work for you. Not your run of the mill, everyone has it scent.

If you want a really light scent go with Bvlgari Pour Homme

DIRTYDUNNZ

Bleu de Chanel

How long have you been dating her? She didn't like Armani Code?
    ~D.G.~

Cartier Roadster

Gucci Pour Homme II

I've been dating her for a year. I've found it impossible to nail down something that makes her go, "Wow, that smells good." She didn't like Code at all. Bleu, I showed her, but her reaction wasn't anything to remember. Because if it was I would have bought it.

The only one I remember her telling me to try was CK Euphoria...

I think women like really crappy smells.

I need to smell the Gucci pour Homme II and Cartier, all of them! Bleu smells really good too, but after awhile alot of the sweet, clean smelling scents are kinda boring. OH and she really liked Clinique Happy, which was horrible. Vettiveru sounds perfect, or Bleu, I was really thinking that might be safe. And the Bvlgari I will definitely find and try out. Sounds really light, which would make her happy. I read on these forums Creed Himalaya, and Milesime Imperial, GIT are all good, but so expensive....I wonder if it would be worth getting samples or if my gf wouldn't notice the difference, and to just buy something....safe. OH and the Balmain, sounds good to me, but anything slightly peppery she can't stand. Thanks for all of you guy's advice.

L'Homme YSL will probably fit the bill, or Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

If you are considering Creed's Himalaya but want a cheaper alternative in the same style, give Paco Rabanne's XS (original, not Black), a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    If you are considering Creed's Himalaya but want a cheaper alternative in the same style, give Paco Rabanne's XS (original, not Black), a try.
    Really? That is interesting information, thank you. I will definitely try that now. Wasn't even on the radar.

Gucci PH II wears really close to the skin and is a very good inoffensive scent.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

maybe alfred sung hei?

a really light floral aqua to me.

karl lagerfeld kapsule light is also very light and readily found at a discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Paco XS is one of the best scents that no one ever mentions, so underrated. Try Prada Infusion DHomme, Creed MI, Creed Original vetiver...
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

1+ on Roadster
    Have you tried Guerlain Homme and Paul Smith Story? Those 2 are good and light smelling too. The Bvlgari house is also worth looking into since their fragrances are pretty light and easy on the nose. It's seem to me that your gf is now only like something light and citrus, this can change , wear things you like around her often and she'll fall in love with that heavy gourmand before you know it . Happen to me, not sure if it'll happen to your gf though

Banned

Bulgari pour Homme Soir by Bulgari - An initial burst of refreshing bergamot, halfway between a lemon and an orange, with its tart and juicy green and very faint mint-like aspects, professes the clean and fresh opening. The darjeeling tea beckons the invigorating bergamot to stew in the heart, and infuses it with its somewhat powdery and medicinal woodiness morphing the sharp citrus into a more fruity bent. Guaiacwood, with its honey and smoky features, and papyrus, with its withered grassy and light wood facets, serve as a background for the simmering brew, which has acquired a sweet and wet earthiness. The waiting base, with its soft and almost syrupy amber as well as its radiant and slightly soapy musk, tugs for recognition and carries the tea blend to its delightful drydown. This classy fragrance can be an all-season treat, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent, and good longevity.

My wife sounds rather similar. She doesn't wear commercial fragrances herself - just uses drops of essential oils if she wears anything at all, so most things I try out get a scrunched nose reaction and a complaint of being too 'chemical'. The one recent test she didn't mind was Dior Homme. Sadly, I kind of liked it, but came here, read up on it, and on subsequent tests all I can think about now is the smell of lipstick!

My wife quite liked Lanvin L'homme on me - another lighter scent. She finds Chanel Allure PH ok - nothing special, same as Bulgari PH.

Good luck, and if you hit the right note, please come back and let me know!

Dependent

I dont know if this will help, but you might want to give my top 5 a try My girl loves them all and they should be quite 'safe'.
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

She seems like a tough one to please...

Ok my lady loves YSL L'Homme on me.

She also likes Chrome but Chrome was my scent 6 years ago at 20yrs old. I've outgrown it and its way to strong for me.

My girl hates sweet scents I bought Rochas Man Sunday and sprayed some on me she said it was ok. Yesterday we had a pre Valentine's Date. While at the movies snuggled under me and to my amazement she said "Is that the scent you got yesterday...cuz it does smell real good on you."

Rochas Man is sweet and sexy, yet there is some masculinity there. All of these 3 would probably be good choices.

You need to dump her NOW !

Then focus on wearing some good quality frags and attract the right woman

I'm surprised over the poor cheap taste a lot of women have. I thought their noses were superior to men, I guess I was wrong

Her last chance:

Get Azzaro Chrome, blend it with Guerlain Vetiver. 2 doses Chrome 1 dose Vetiver. See what she thinks.

Just kidding.

You're seriously in trouble finding ANY frag that will please her.
    Maybe consider starting to smell sweatty. Either that will turn her on or force her to accept you need to find and wear your own frags.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

If you don't want to give Creed GIT a full bottle purchase just yet, get a small bottle of Cool Water, or just go all out and get a 4oz bottle for cheap...for the amount you get and the price you can find it shouldn't be too bad.

I can add a +1 to Gucci Pour Homme II, one of my favorites.

Maybe Dior Homme, it's pretty smooth and light on the cool down. Or try Terre D'hermes for a great orange scent...

Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit De Homme.

One to consider. Can be found in Sephora and girls seem to LOVE it!

GIT, Rochas Man

I just came up with a great idea.

How about you two go cologne shopping together!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by frostyicy; 15th February 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fragrance-fetish View Post
    Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit De Homme.

One to consider. Can be found in Sephora and girls seem to LOVE it!
    +1111111. If she doesn't like this, I don't know what she would like. If she doesn't like it originally, spray it on a paper, tell her to wait till the dry down.

This one CAN be a bit cloying if you over-spray, so if she likes light fragrances.. just do 1-2 sprays TOPS. Great fragrance for fall/winter.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Try Chanel Allure Homme Sport or Edition Blanche

At least now you know how to get rid of her if you want to- just start wearing Quorum, Drakkar Noir, or Yatagan lol

Let her do the testing, and ask her to get it for you. Now, it's your turn to be picky. But the main reason is expand your collection.

Do the Gucci PH II or Bulgari PH. Those are nice skin scents

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    I just came up with a great idea.

How about you two go cologne shopping together!?!?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    +1.
    Oh I have tried that. A couple times. I did some more research, and I ended up ordering Guerlain Homme L'eau, Comme Des Garcons' Vettiveru, and Bleu De Chanel. I'm waiting for them in the mail....she's bound to dig one of them...and if not, well at least I will smell amazing...to myself. lol.
    Last edited by Aparishun; 19th February 2012 at 04:41 PM.

Nothing wrong with Acqua Di Gio. I have yet to meet a girl that didn't like it.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock