Code of Conduct

Default One Man Show Gold Edition

This looks to be a throwback to the powerhouse fragrances of the 80's.

My questions are....

1) what are the main notes you detect, the ones that hang around the longest?

2) is there a potpourri vibe to this (this was rumored)?

3) what other fragrances does it resemble?

4) Is it enjoyable? If not, why?
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 5th February 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Default Re: One Man Show Gold Edition

Dont know about separated notes, but it opens fruity them dry down to a classic sweet fougere

I dont get dried flower smell on it, just some fruits, but not dried.

Lapidus Pour Homme the most, and slightly One Man Show original, in the dry down

4) Is it enjoyable? If not, why not?
    A lot, but its very very strong. Its made for lovers of the fragrances from the 80s, which dont have afraid to smell good, loud and clear.

I find that the fruity effescent stays through out the fragrance.

So I own Bogart pour Homme, which I adore, is this similar?

Addressing question 4 - absolutely. I have this and think it's a very good fragrance for a very small amount of money.

1) What are the main notes you detect, the ones that hang around the longest?

Violet and cinnamon in the top notes morphing into a very animalic feeling, which has to be a musk unrelated to the kind of the Galaxolide.

2) Is there a potpourri vibe to this (this was rumored)?

I cannot get it. I do get a mixture of flowers inbetween, though.

3) What other fragrances does it resemble?

Lapidus pour Homme, veru closely.

4) Is it enjoyable? If not, why?

Yes if you are in the mood of über - strong scents, with lots of sillage and longevity. The dry down slightly resembles that of Pierre Cardin pour Homme.

If you like subtler scents, like classical men's chypres (Chanel pour Monsieur, Monsieur Givenchy, etc.), forget it: it won't be your cup of tea at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries

One Man Show . . . heady stuff. Will have to try the Gold Edition sometime. Frankly I don't feel the original needs a follow-up, but if it's different enough, I guess it can't hurt.

Bought Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    Bought Today!
    Where did you buy it????

I get a fruity opening (like fruits in syrup, heavy and rich) with a dirty honey-civet accord which hangs around for an hour or so. This is underpinned by a dry, woody, tobacco smell which stays the whole journey through.

I can imagine that there is a Pot Pourri in existence which smells similar to this but it wasn't an immediate association for me! There is a woody, spicy vibe so maybe that could trigger an association for some.

I agree with Lapidus Pour Homme - it's got the same vibe - a strange fruity-ish top note underpinned by thermonuclear strength fougere aromatics!! There's also a resemblance to Balenciaga Pour Homme - the tobacco and the richness. The opening has a little bit of the honey note of Boss No.1 for me as well - it's that type of sweetness. Not sweet as in teenage girly frag sweet!!

4) Is it enjoyable? If not, why not?
    I like it a lot - it's very multi-faceted and evolves a lot through its hugely long lifespan. Like other Bogarts it needs a good scrub in the shower (and washed clothes!) to get rid of the evidence - it's flippin' strong stuff! If you love the 80s powerhouses and strong, in your face frags then I think you'll find it enjoyable (applied with a light touch...!). If you're a 'Ooh, that Cool Water's a bit much for me' type of guy then you probably won't like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    Where did you buy it????
    From a retailer on Amazon.
    Last edited by Hamp; 6th February 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Thank you all for responding.

Well, even before the last two comments, I decided I had to blind buy it. Picked it up on online today. I am very excited. I like powerful! Will report back once I've worn it once or twice. This sounds like the type of scent so many of wish there would be a resurgence of. Glad to hear it is not a "teenybopper" type of sweetness. Did I mention I'm excited?

I also bought an old favorite I haven't smelled in 15 or so years, 273 by Fred Hayman. I remember that being similar to Obsession (in the sense that it gives off an authoritative/power vibe). Also I recall it being very strong. Hope it is the same as it was before.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

The verdict is in. It's just too sweet for my
    liking, but it is definitely a quality scent. I wish I wasn't so picky.

How about the original OMS, is it sweet too?

Original One Man Show is NOTHING sweet, its very green and dry. Another monster in longevity and sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSod View Post
    So I own Bogart pour Homme, which I adore, is this similar?
    Nothing similar, but theyre strong and sweet.
    Also, Silver Scent.
    But theyre nothing similar, except for be ultra strong and sweet.

If I wanted "old school", I should have went with the original OMS as it was a product of the 80's.