I've been looking for john varvatos for men and the times i have looked they were not in stock in any of the online stores. Does anyone know of any online store that currently sells it?
Also would you suggest midnight in paris to have a similar smell and be a good alternative to this (how does the leather note compare?)
I would definitely pick Midnight in paris EDP. Its much more refined, seductive and enjoyable IMO. The longevity is also better than John Varvatos. Also MiP is selling for almost $45 at fragrancenet (usually sells for $115). The price is a total bargain!
The Bvlgari Black ripoff called Midnight in Paris is better.
My top 16:
1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...
IMO, MiP is better, however it doesn't smell anything like JV.
Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread
I actually like JV the original more. MiP is good but smells too much like Arpege Homme, which can be had for cheap.
Both great choices and that's the only JV I'd wear that has some silliage and projection for me. But that said from both of those choices, I'd pick Midnight in Paris
These two do not smell anything alike.
Personally, I am in the minority that likes John Varvatos a bit better. Every time I smell Midnight in Paris, I think it's a lesser version of Dior Homme Intense (with leather instead of Iris). But to be honest, I wouldn't seek out either one.
Current Top Ten:
1. Creed Millesime Imperial
2. Serge Lutens Chergui
3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
4. Creed Virgin Island Water
5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
8. Bulgari Blu
9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
10. YSL Kouros
Midnight in Paris is the winner
John Varvatos has a dry fruit kind of smell with the fig. It is also very leathery. (sold the bottle I had, too sweet)
Midnight in Paris is a powder bomb mixed with a bit of tea. I honestly cant wait to sell the bottle I have, i sprayed it twice and dont want it on my skin again. lol Wayyyyyyy too sweet for me.