Code of Conduct

Default Anyone have a suggestion for a citrus/spice scent that has projection lasting longer than an hour...

My vintage Chanel for Men reservoir will dry up eventually and although I like New York it is not as well-rounded as CfM....what I mean by that is that New York is a little more formal to me...where the Chanel is more wearable in most instances... Numero Uno by Carthusia is nice as well, but on me it fades to a skin scent within an hour or two tops....If anyone has some suggestions I would certainly appreciate it....

Default Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a citrus/spice scent that has projection lasting longer than an hou

Micallef Spicy for Him

Default Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a citrus/spice scent that has projection lasting longer than an hou

You could try Granville (Dior)

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/271...Christian-Dior

It's not a direct replacement by any means, but in terms of a quality, versatile piece of work that can stand in for the Chanel and Eau Sauvage style (all of which have been emasculated by the IFRA) I reckon it's great. It's not easy to track down, Dior only seem to carry the Private Collection line at very select flagship stores, but despite being an exclusive the price (around USD 150 for 125ml) is not silly, and I imagine it gets better if you can locate the 250ml or 450/500(?)ml they also have.

The other one that may be worth a shot is Bigarade Concentree (Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle), which is a bit dearer.

Chanel pour monsieur is still available here and there in Europe, and I've seen it in Canada too, so perhaps you can replenish if you happen in those countries.

Eau d'Hermes is also citrus plus some type of chypre base, though I think the drydown of the Eau d'Hermes is darker and muskier. I like Granville as well, but to my nose it was fresher, more eau de cologne. But I've smelled only once.

cacio

hermes eau d'orange verte concentree or go with the classics, armani pour homme (1984)

You can buy both Chanel Pour Monsieur and Concentree at www.strawberrynet.com If you think the longevity is poor on Chanel PM, try to spray some on your shirt. It will last longer.

1828 by Histoires de Parfums is very citrus-spicy (I get a lot of nutmeg) and has excellent longevity.

Otherwise try Oslo-Fjord's suggestions. And Tiffany for Men.

Cool Re: Anyone have a suggestion for a citrus/spice scent that has projection lasting longer than an hou

This one:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...lus_Forte.html

It's EDP. First class and lasts forever.

Runner ups:

Iskander by Parfum d'Empire followed by Bois de Cedrat by Creed

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 13th February 2012 at 08:16 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Kenzo Power COLOGNE not EDT

Sound Scents

Spiced Limes by the defunct Crown Perfumery. Bottles of the vintage stuff are still able to be had on the cheap from places like eBay... Or you can buy the reissued version from Anglia.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Try Homme de Gres.

Vintage Escada Pour Homme is like an extremely strong Pour Monsieur; Blunt Force Trauma Pour Monsieur, if you will.

Versace l'homme - lasts forever on me

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    You can buy both Chanel Pour Monsieur and Concentree at www.strawberrynet.com If you think the longevity is poor on Chanel PM, try to spray some on your shirt. It will last longer.
    Thanks for the link....unfortunately THAT Chanel PM is a different animal to the vintage that I wear....it is weaker, and has more Vetiver in it while the version I like has more Oakmoss....

Cartier Declaration rides on spices and citrus for quite a while. Worth a try.

I'm surprised no one has suggested Terre d'Hermes EDT yet.