Code of Conduct

Default Equipage by Hermes

Hello Gents (and Ladies!),

I find Equipage stays close to the skin and has little projection on me. Does anyone else feel the same?

I love the fragrance and am wondering if I perhaps need to wear this when it's much colder?

Many thanks,

Koala.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Equipage by Hermes

Also have and love this scent. It does tend to stay close to the skin, but it still projects enough for me. Don't think that weather conditions affect this much, but don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post

I find Equipage stays close to the skin and has little projection on me. Does anyone else feel the same?

Ditto!

average projection. you can wear it any time. works great in heat.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Yep!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Good obervation. For some reason I expected this to be more powerful on me as well. Good, not great scent IMO

.... NO .....

Which version are you six talking about ?

Its not a brutal powerhouse , but it is PH worthy , being strong in both departments .
    I recently purchased a vintage bottle (( thanx Henry ))
    Sillage is well above average & longevity is brilliant .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

we will see. just picked up a vintage on ebay a few min ago for $25

Basenotes Plus

One of my favourites in cooler weather. Very classy with good sillage and longevity.

Mine is vintage and I have not tried a newer formula. My skin seems to soak up fragrances and I do find it difficult to find a good application for each of my fragrances as, of course, each fragrance differs in longevity and projection. I do like this scent very much and need to do some tweaking with it me thinks.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    +1.

Might be projecting more than you think. I wore it to my office last week, and while I thought it had minimal projection and sillage, I noticed that a couple of my female co-workers were leaning in closer for a little sniff. Sold! I'm a big fan now.

Thanks Gents, I appreciate the input.

I wore this yesterday, having only worn it once before that. On my first sample of it, a year or so ago, I found it terribly anisic; but now I see that I was misinterpreting the carnation. It is softer than I found it at first, too. How strange its final dry-down is - the carnation almost becomes a faintly mentholated, candy-reminiscent patchouli, though that is so idiosyncratic a reading that I'm sure few would agree with me. I am not sure what to think about this stage. An intriguing scent, in any case, that I now want to study in greater detail. My experiences over the day echoed Mrcologneguy's - my personal space was invaded on a few occasions by the surreptitiously curious, so that, though not offended, I felt a little uncomfortable. For a fragrance known for its discretion, it seems able to produce some indiscreet reactions. The last time I got such positive feedback was from Tabac Blond, which is a far more extravagant composition.

Its longevity did not seem very good to me. Perhaps 5 hours at best, and the last hour of that a mirage. I am sure that it lasts longer than one might think, as most things do. Still, this does not seem a vice to me, as I am fond of scents with little longevity. I wear Monsieur de Givenchy all the time, and it lasts barely four hours. There is definitely a place for such compositions.
    Last edited by Merely; 9th May 2012 at 05:59 AM.

Projection is ok and so is longevity. A monster sillage would contradict to the concept of this scent.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

yeah, I don't get issues with projection, but then again I tend to overapply a little bit. My older juice projects more also.

I normally soak up fragrances despite not having particularly dry skin. I found that the sillage for Equipage wasn't huge, but to me it's such a refined scent I only really wear it if I'm in offices or meetings all day. It's great stuff. I've only got the current version, but that's good enough for me; I don't want to break the bank buying vintage, I don't find I wear it often enough to warrant that.

I have the latest formulation of Equipage. I absolutely love it, contrary to what others are noting I find that it has above average sillage and projection. 3 sprays and I am walking around in an sooothing bubble of amazingness for the day.

This juice exudes pure class and deserves more hype. I picked up a 100 ML for $50. So to top it all off its one of the best bangs for the buck I have stumbled upon thus far in my fragrance sniffing journeys.

A very good fragrance for me all around.....I have the vintage version.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    I noticed that a couple of my female co-workers were leaning in closer for a little sniff.
    I still wait for that to happen A great frag to please the person who wears it more than the others. No problems about longevity either - easily lasts the whole day in a moderate climate.
    Last edited by fjord; 10th May 2012 at 03:28 AM.

Fine fragrance for all occasions (latest formulation, haven't tried vintage).
    Good longevity and projection. Lasts all day on my skin.

Regards, Odor.

Basenotes Plus

I support Dimitrios' statement -this depends on the bottling you have. Vintage is exquisite - I get good (average) projection in cooler weather and above average in warmer weather...longevity is very good regardless!!

If you have the new bottling (reformulation) - I cannot speak to that.

Here is a good thread on Basenotes about Vintage bottlings and how to distinguish what you have - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/295...-%C3%89quipage

Bottom line, if you have a bottle that says 'eau de toilette' or 'apres rasage' above 'EQUIPAGE', then you have older vintage. It was placed below after that. However, still considered Vintage. I find the subtle differences to be more spices (cinnamon and nutmeg) and earthy patchouli in the heart of newer Vintage - wonderful and rich. But, a more classic and austere scent in the older Vintage with excellent balance and harmony with more aldehydes, rosewood, clary sage and a sharp, 'ice-pick' note of bergamot on top, a wonderful sharp carnation blended with pine in the heart and a more warm musk in the base with oakmoss, tonka bean and a brilliant vetiver that is a prominent note. Newer Vintage seems to be a bit "fuller", while older vintage is more dusty and gives you that classic leathery accord - although there is no actual leather in this fragrance (which is a tribute to the genius of the recently deceased Guy Robert in and of itself) Which do I prefer?

Hmmmmm...both. The difference, to my nose, is not strongly significant. I find a deep love for both!

I am doubtful that I will ever buy the current formulation as vintage (both "older" and "newer") have compositions that make this scent a classic and timeless scent. I absolutely love this scent year round. Perhaps the best time to adorn it is in the spring and fall when the weather is cooler in the morning and evenings and warmer during the day. No matter when you wear Equipage - it makes that moment...more memorable and truly special. It is dear to me and I am blessed to have it in my collection.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    .... NO .....

Which version are you six talking about ?

Its not a brutal powerhouse , but it is PH worthy , being strong in both departments .
    I recently purchased a vintage bottle (( thanx Henry ))
    Sillage is well above average & longevity is brilliant .
    Last edited by ericrico; 8th June 2012 at 01:35 AM.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I have only tried (and now own) the current formulation. If the vintage was superior, I can only imagine how good it must have been. I have no complaints about the current version whatever, however. It is still excellent, if in a rather unchallenging way. Wearing, say, Habit Rouge is something of a throw of the dice. With Equipage, the dice are loaded; it is never inappropriate, and is guaranteed to please oneself and those around one. Strange to say, this can slightly disappoint occasionally! There is some frisson of risk missing. But I enjoy it very much indeed; it is on my shortlist of fragrances (yes, I have an actual list!) that I will try to never be without