Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleu de Chanel

Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Bleu de Chanel

Anyone have this?
    Thoughts?

I just bought it and it smells amazing. But it smells like a Cologne i smelt before...Just can't point out what other fragrance it smells like.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 15th February 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Default Re: Bleu De Chenal.

this means that it is not original enough... one of the good fresh scents though. suits very well a young person. the problem is that very likely you will get tired of it long before you finish the bottle

Banned

I did not like it at first. now I LOVE it.

I love it.

Gets so much hate on here for being generic, but it is a great daily wear/all season fragrance.

It's quite popular, so maybe you have smelled it before on other people..
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Like many here, I'm not a big fan of the genre, but as fresh scents go I think Bleu de Chanel is quite good. It's one of the few I own.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Hows long is longevity on this? I sprayed it on me in the mall but took a bath when i got home.
    Haven't open my bottle yet to retry it.

Quote Originally Posted by retrosuperfuture View Post
    Hows long is longevity on this? I sprayed it on me in the mall but took a bath when i got home.
    Haven't open my bottle yet to retry it.
    I get about six hours.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Not a fan. pepper, iso e, something turns bad on me after about 30 min.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

I think you got a fake...
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I love it. I burned through a 3.4 oz, so I bought the 5.0 oz economy size.

Terrrible terrible terrible crap.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    How? I bought it straight out of macys.

Blog Entries

How? I bought it straight out of macys.
    I think he's just funning you a bit!

BTW, welcome to Basenotes, and LOVE your username! It strikes me as very "steampunk", even though I don't have a clue where it comes from!

Banned

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.

Beautiful review, D&S. Almost makes me like this scent more then I actually do.

I think it should be perfect for you working retail, Retro. Happy sniffing! The main thing is that you enjoy it on yourself and you don't choke out your fellow employees. Buy a tester or decant of 1 million or Le Male and wear that when you go out at night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Bleu de Chanel by Chanel - One is immediately greeted with a very fresh, citrus pas de trois by the tangy orange tree, the tart lemon tree and the zesty grapefruit. Warm pink peppercorn as well as a well-developed peppermint join in to make a very crisp cocktail as it flows to the waiting middle. Wonderfully, spicy and sweet nutmeg and a somewhat penetrating ginger, floating on an ethereal cloud of sweet jasmine, subsume the delightful opening. The lighthearted heart is drawn to the strong, woody base with its dry cedar and bright and fresh sandalwood, along with a smattering of evocative incense. The welcoming base is augmented by patchouli with its slight peppery, herbaceous aspects, vetiver with its earthy grassiness as well as radiant labdanum imparting a sweet and salty, vegetal, mossy facet. Thence, the resplendent base meanders to its soft drydown. Really an all-season scent thriving in spring, summer and fall, this mainstream scent is subtly nuanced enough to set it apart. This pleasantly refreshing composition has good longevity and good projection.
    Nice!

I wish that some of the folks who dismiss this scent too easily, would take the time to look for the many natural facets mentioned in this review, and find some enjoyment in this level of complexity, which really is there. Thanks!

Sur la Plage

I like to wear it when I drink a glass of white zinfandel and munch on some un-salted saltine crackers topped with Velveeta, while watching a Keanu Reeves "dramatic" movie. I think they all pair up quite nicely.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Smelled kinda familiar (and I haven't smelled that many fragrances).

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Very nice review. Next time you wear it try and smell the oakmoss in it. Although not in the notes list, it is listed on the box.

Of course, I think the mossy facet you attribute to the labdanum is actually the oakmoss at play as I've never really smelled moss, per se, in labdanum.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

It reminds me a lot of Arpege PH. Can't say I'm a fan, although I do like Arpege.

Have it and like it, although Chanel has better offerings IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mspa View Post
    the problem is that very likely you will get tired of it long before you finish the bottle

I find it's the exact opposite with Bleu. The first few times I smelled it I thought "this is kind of boring, I've smelled this before," but then the more and more I wore it, the more I liked it and began to appreciate how good of a fragrance it actually is. It's very well-constructed and there's lots of little nuances here and there. I love wearing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Lol. I really thought this post was going to be about counterfeit Chanel. I expected a close-up jpg. of "Bleu de Chenal" in somebody's pasty, unsatisfied hand.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like to wear it when I drink a glass of white zinfandel and munch on some un-salted saltine crackers topped with Velveeta, while watching a Keanu Reeves "dramatic" movie. I think they all pair up quite nicely.
    Hahaha.

Could be renamed to Axe Body Spray Extreme

Anyone have this?
    Thoughts?

I just bought it and it smells amazing. But it smells like a Cologne i smelt before...Just can't point out what other fragrance it smells like.
    That would be hard as it smells like countless others. Also, as far as I know Oakmoss has been banned now due to ir being deemed an allergen.

I like it but I sold my bottle, so I don't like it That much

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Bleu de Chanel: A quality frag with generic pretensions.

BdC smells like so many other lesser frags that one could almost miss the fact that it (1) a Chanel, and (2) made of quality ingredients. I like BdC a lot but cannot deny it smells so "every-scent".
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Blog Entries

I have it and like it. Wasn't too crazy about it at first. After I got it, wore it a couple times, forgot about it for about a year, then woke up one day and liked it. It can be safely worn to work and and going out.

The thing that I like about it is that it doesn't have the usual DNA that we'd come to expect from a Chanel fragrance. The thing that I don't like about is that it's become a VERY popular fragrance and you run the risk of smelling like someone else if you wear it. I like to be a little original. ;-)