Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default How to get Sycomore?

OK, so on a recent trip I found myself at Heathrow Terminal 5. To my delight Chanel had a temporary stand there and as I had wanted Coromandel for a while I pounced and got myself a bottle. However, I also tried Sycomore and thought nice, i'll see how this dries down. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist on the subsequent flight and wished i'd bought it as well as the Coromandel.

No problem I thought, i'll get it online. In the US you can buy online at the Chanel Store but they don't ship internationally. In the UK Chanel don't sell online apparently and they don't let anyone else sell their Exclusifs range online, or if they do I can't find them. It seems you have to physically go to London, Manchester, Newcastle or Glasgow to one of their outlets. I live in the arse end of nowhere in West Wales and due to my job cannot get to any of these places for at least the next 7 months.

Anyone have any ideas? Please???

Default Re: How to get Sycomore?

Try ringing Harrods, they offer a mail order service in addition to their website.

Or ring the Chanel boutique in London directly. If you have the money to pay, I'm sure they'd figure out a way to get it to you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Try ringing Harrods, they offer a mail order service in addition to their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    Or ring the Chanel boutique in London directly. If you have the money to pay, I'm sure they'd figure out a way to get it to you.
    Thanks guys! A very kind basenoter is currently trying to locate a bottle for me as we speak. If he doesn't have any luck I shall certainly ring Harrods & Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerloo Line View Post
    This should work.

The London boutique, Selfridges in Manchester and House of Fraser Glasgow all sell the Exclusifs and do mail order you just ring up. I know I have done it.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Thanks everyone! I rang Harrods and a delightful SA called Monica was very helpful and is sending me their last 75ml bottle out today. I also had a pm from a fellow basenoter offering to source it for me (cheers to Duke Hunt!). What a great place this is!!!

I rang the Old Bond Street store and they shipped it to me by courier. It cost £10 extra mind you. If you travel again through Heathrow any time soon, I'd recommend you get it from there as the price there is the best you can get it for in the land

By the way, I thought the Exclusifs were only in Terminal 3 at the boutique? Where exactly in Terminal 5 did you get these?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I rang the Old Bond Street store and they shipped it to me by courier. It cost £10 extra mind you. If you travel again through Heathrow any time soon, I'd recommend you get it from there as the price there is the best you can get it for in the land

By the way, I thought the Exclusifs were only in Terminal 3 at the boutique? Where exactly in Terminal 5 did you get these?
    It was about 3 weeks ago. The SA said they weren't going to be there very long so I guess it was just a temporary thing or a trial. It was just off where all the main fragrance stands are.

Quote Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
    It was about 3 weeks ago. The SA said they weren't going to be there very long so I guess it was just a temporary thing or a trial. It was just off where all the main fragrance stands are.
    OK that's good to know. I usually go T5 and sometimes T1 or 4 so I'm usually shafted when it comes to Chanel! Maybe they are just trying out the potential for customers in T5.

When I order my Exclusifs I always just ring up Kerry - Ann at the house of Fraser boutique in Glasgow. A lovely lass to deal with.